Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG
The Patriots absolutely dominated the Vikings on Monday night. The Pats are in top form and have what all other teams that have played the Colts lacked- balance. Last year the Colts beat the Patriots 40-21. Manning was unstoppable and the Patriots looked overmatched. Don't forget that the Patriost were without Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, and Bruschi was just returning from a stroke. The Pats secondary of Duane "I get burned everytime" Starks, Michael Stone, and Randall Gay was embarrassed. The linebacking corps of Monty Biesel, and Chad Brown were just awful. This Patriots team of 2006 is back to playing smashmouth football and the return of Harrison, and Bruschi as well as the addition of Seau has made the Pats defense one of the best in the NFL. Just ask the Vikings. The Patriots are once again in top form like in 2003, 2004, when they rolled over all opponents and finished 14-2 in consecutive seasons. Tony Dungy has got to be losing sleep while trying to figure out how his Colts are going to be able to beat the Patriots this time around. He knows that last year the Colts played the Pats second stringers and this years Patriots are once again a dominant force. The Pats can beat you on offense and stop you on defense. The Colts cannot stop the run and Maroney and Dillon will run all over them. The Colts secondary is also weak and Brady will pick them apart just like he did to the Vikings. Sure the Colts will score but with the Patriots strategy to control the clock and keep Manning sitting on the sidelines, the Patriots will win 28-14 or some score similar to that. I am not by any means disrespecting the Colts. They were impressive at least offensively vs the Broncos but they were exposed big time in the win, as was Denver. Belichick will capitalize on those defensive weaknesses and will not allow the game to become a shoot-out. If the game is a shoot-out the Colts have the edge but after Brady's performance on Monday night I am starting to believe that the Pats offense is clicking well enough to compete with any top notch offense. Go Patriots!!!
so you were saying......