Break Down Your Team's Schedule and Chances in 2006

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Break Down Your Team's Schedule and Chances in 2006


    Alright guys - we are about 3 months away from Florida State @ Miami on Labor Day night.

    It's 'bout time to start talking college football.
    So, break down your team and their chances (you think) in 2006.


    I'll start.
    Here is Miami's schedule
    Sept. 4 (Mon.) Florida State
    Sept. 9 Florida A&M
    Sept. 16 at Louisville
    Sept. 23 Open
    Sept. 30 Houston
    Oct. 7 North Carolina
    Oct. 14 Florida International
    Oct. 21 at Duke
    Oct. 28 at Georgia Tech
    Nov. 4 Virginia Tech
    Nov. 11 at Maryland
    Nov. 18 at Virginia
    Nov. 23 (Thurs.) Boston College

    Last year we went 9-3 - basically a horrible year (this seems to be the case the last 2-3 years).

    So, in an effort to keep his job, head coach Larry Coker basically claned house in the off-season. All but 3 or 4 assistants were canned. Some of the guys brough in have head coaching experience in D-1A. So, in my mind, it remains to be seen if they can work together as assistants.

    As far as the players go, we return about 6 starters on defense (the DL rotated so much last year it's hard to remember who started). The big losses on D were our starting corner's - Kelley Jennings (1st round pick) and Marcus Maxey (drafted sometime later).

    We return 6 starters on offense. We lost 4/5's of the starting OL - which is probably a good thing based on how they played last year.
    Big losses were Eric Winston (tackle) and Sinorice Moss (WR). Still in question is if and how well Tyrone Moss (starting RB) will play in 2006. He tore his ACL late in the year and (from reports) was headed pro.
    I'm skeptical that he'll even be 75% because it was a late season injury (late October).


    Key returners on Offense - Kyle Wright (QB) has a full season under his belt. Made some really bad decisions at times last year. Made some really good ones. Looks to have the tools - I wonder about the leadership capabilities.
    Also Greg Olson (TE) - might be the best in the country.

    Question marks on Offense - well, the Oline obviously. They stunk up the joint last year - so I really don't think they can be any worse in '06, but most of the new starters will have little game experience. An OL that can give Wright time and holes for the stable of RB's is key this year I think.
    Who will step up at WR???? We've got 2 supposedly highly touted WR's in Ryan Moore and Lance Leggett. Both haven't produced - someone needs to. I honestly think that some of the freshman we brought in could be playmakers (Sam Shields and maybe George Robinson if they move him from RB).
    Who will step up at RB if Ty Moss can't go??? Charlie Jones played well after Moss got hurt - for 2 out of 4 games. He's a grinder. Andrew Johnson seems to have the burst that UM RB's are known for but has had an ACL tear (2 years ago). We got 3 pretty good recruits (the best is still in prep school) in Javarrious James (Edgerrin's cousin), Kylan Robinson and Craig Cooper. They might get some playing time, but the position is backlogged at this point.

    All in all, a helluva lot of question marks. I'm worried about the O.


    Key returners on Defense are Baraka Atkins at DL, Jon Beason at WLB, Kenny Phillips at FS, and Brandon Merriweather at SS.
    The rest of the DL has played quite a bit. One of the most talented is Kareem Brown at DT - played HUGE against VaTech. But, can't seem to stay motivated for more than one game a season.

    Questions: corner back. We are thin - plain and simple. Glen Sharpe is coming off an ACL tear 2 years ago and may start. The other guys that may are Bruce Johnson and Randy Phillips. Sharpe has the skills - but hasn't played in a while. The rest of the CB's don't excite me. We may see frosh Ryan Hill get alot of playing time.
    Who will step up with JBeason at LB??? We have a backlogged position here. Got alot of players but I'm not sure who can step up and make plays besides Beason.

    So - the D will hopefully be pretty good - not too worried. Lots of guys have played significant minutes. I just wonder about the CB's - the safety's might be the best in the country.


    Breakin' down the schedule:
    Yeah, it's pretty weak overall - but no off week after Oct. 1st.

    We continue this retarded Labor Day matchup with the Noles. I think this is the last year (thank God!).
    FSU lost alot of players. Their D was decimated by the draft - 4 went in the 1st round. Both teams should be evenly matched and with this being the first game, it should be awful to watch.

    At Louisville on 9/16 will be tough. Good offense with M. Bush at RB and Brohm at QB (although he might be injured). This could be a repeat of 2003 where it took 44 points to win.

    Bye week and then Houston at home. No clue about them. They gave us a good game a few years ago because we didn't care.

    North Carolina at home. Should beat them, but who knows. I still remember the 2004 loss like it was yesterday.

    Fla International and then Duke - wins.

    At Ga Tech. I was at this game in 2004 - beat the crap outta them. Then, they came down to the OB last year and beat us because we didn't give 2 sh*ts. They had some big losses - PJ Daniels and the LB (Henderson??). But, they have WR Calvin Johnson - might be the best in the country. Antrele Rolle held him in check in 2004 (3 catches and no TD's) but he made some big time plays last year. He's key to stopping their offense. If we can do that, I think the O is adequate to beat them by a TD or so. If not - we lose. Our O can't keep up with anyone.

    VaTech at home. They lost their QB and best defensive player (Jimmy Williams). Lots of questions up in BlacksTurd.
    Too early for me to call because I have no clue who will be starting for them. These games have been blow-outs recently though.

    At Maryland and Virginia back to back. I see these as trap games. Both teams lost good players last year and will probably have a few losses by that point. We've typically lost to a team like that the last few years (UNC in '04 and GaTech in '05).

    BC at home Thanksgiving day. There might be 5000 people at this game. We were retarded for playing this game on Thanksgiving - but the athletic dept. is bleeding money so they signed this game (and FSU on Labor Day) because the networks wanted it. BC had some big losses (Kiwinika - or however it's spelled). But, see above - ripe for a letdown at this point in the season.

    As I see it - we've got the talent to go undefeated with this schedule. The only thing tough seems to be the timing - no open dates from Sept. 30th onward.
    But, this is a Larry Coker coached team so I could easily see 3 losses again (some Cane fans are predicting 4 or 5 - I don't see that).
    We'll get one big win for sure - either FSU, Louisville or VaTech. We'll likely suffer one letdown game - UVa, Maryland, or BC.

    My prediction - loss to Louisville and Boston College and go to the ACC title game.

  2. New Member
    cromwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    92.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Alright guys - we are about 3 months away from Florida State @ Miami on Labor Day night.

    It's 'bout time to start talking college football.
    So, break down your team and their chances (you think) in 2006.


    I'll start.
    Here is Miami's schedule
    Sept. 4 (Mon.) Florida State
    Sept. 9 Florida A&M
    Sept. 16 at Louisville
    Sept. 23 Open
    Sept. 30 Houston
    Oct. 7 North Carolina
    Oct. 14 Florida International
    Oct. 21 at Duke
    Oct. 28 at Georgia Tech
    Nov. 4 Virginia Tech
    Nov. 11 at Maryland
    Nov. 18 at Virginia
    Nov. 23 (Thurs.) Boston College

    Last year we went 9-3 - basically a horrible year (this seems to be the case the last 2-3 years).

    So, in an effort to keep his job, head coach Larry Coker basically claned house in the off-season. All but 3 or 4 assistants were canned. Some of the guys brough in have head coaching experience in D-1A. So, in my mind, it remains to be seen if they can work together as assistants.

    As far as the players go, we return about 6 starters on defense (the DL rotated so much last year it's hard to remember who started). The big losses on D were our starting corner's - Kelley Jennings (1st round pick) and Marcus Maxey (drafted sometime later).

    We return 6 starters on offense. We lost 4/5's of the starting OL - which is probably a good thing based on how they played last year.
    Big losses were Eric Winston (tackle) and Sinorice Moss (WR). Still in question is if and how well Tyrone Moss (starting RB) will play in 2006. He tore his ACL late in the year and (from reports) was headed pro.
    I'm skeptical that he'll even be 75% because it was a late season injury (late October).


    Key returners on Offense - Kyle Wright (QB) has a full season under his belt. Made some really bad decisions at times last year. Made some really good ones. Looks to have the tools - I wonder about the leadership capabilities.
    Also Greg Olson (TE) - might be the best in the country.

    Question marks on Offense - well, the Oline obviously. They stunk up the joint last year - so I really don't think they can be any worse in '06, but most of the new starters will have little game experience. An OL that can give Wright time and holes for the stable of RB's is key this year I think.
    Who will step up at WR???? We've got 2 supposedly highly touted WR's in Ryan Moore and Lance Leggett. Both haven't produced - someone needs to. I honestly think that some of the freshman we brought in could be playmakers (Sam Shields and maybe George Robinson if they move him from RB).
    Who will step up at RB if Ty Moss can't go??? Charlie Jones played well after Moss got hurt - for 2 out of 4 games. He's a grinder. Andrew Johnson seems to have the burst that UM RB's are known for but has had an ACL tear (2 years ago). We got 3 pretty good recruits (the best is still in prep school) in Javarrious James (Edgerrin's cousin), Kylan Robinson and Craig Cooper. They might get some playing time, but the position is backlogged at this point.

    All in all, a helluva lot of question marks. I'm worried about the O.


    Key returners on Defense are Baraka Atkins at DL, Jon Beason at WLB, Kenny Phillips at FS, and Brandon Merriweather at SS.
    The rest of the DL has played quite a bit. One of the most talented is Kareem Brown at DT - played HUGE against VaTech. But, can't seem to stay motivated for more than one game a season.

    Questions: corner back. We are thin - plain and simple. Glen Sharpe is coming off an ACL tear 2 years ago and may start. The other guys that may are Bruce Johnson and Randy Phillips. Sharpe has the skills - but hasn't played in a while. The rest of the CB's don't excite me. We may see frosh Ryan Hill get alot of playing time.
    Who will step up with JBeason at LB??? We have a backlogged position here. Got alot of players but I'm not sure who can step up and make plays besides Beason.

    So - the D will hopefully be pretty good - not too worried. Lots of guys have played significant minutes. I just wonder about the CB's - the safety's might be the best in the country.


    Breakin' down the schedule:
    Yeah, it's pretty weak overall - but no off week after Oct. 1st.

    We continue this retarded Labor Day matchup with the Noles. I think this is the last year (thank God!).
    FSU lost alot of players. Their D was decimated by the draft - 4 went in the 1st round. Both teams should be evenly matched and with this being the first game, it should be awful to watch.

    At Louisville on 9/16 will be tough. Good offense with M. Bush at RB and Brohm at QB (although he might be injured). This could be a repeat of 2003 where it took 44 points to win.

    Bye week and then Houston at home. No clue about them. They gave us a good game a few years ago because we didn't care.

    North Carolina at home. Should beat them, but who knows. I still remember the 2004 loss like it was yesterday.

    Fla International and then Duke - wins.

    At Ga Tech. I was at this game in 2004 - beat the crap outta them. Then, they came down to the OB last year and beat us because we didn't give 2 sh*ts. They had some big losses - PJ Daniels and the LB (Henderson??). But, they have WR Calvin Johnson - might be the best in the country. Antrele Rolle held him in check in 2004 (3 catches and no TD's) but he made some big time plays last year. He's key to stopping their offense. If we can do that, I think the O is adequate to beat them by a TD or so. If not - we lose. Our O can't keep up with anyone.

    VaTech at home. They lost their QB and best defensive player (Jimmy Williams). Lots of questions up in BlacksTurd.
    Too early for me to call because I have no clue who will be starting for them. These games have been blow-outs recently though.

    At Maryland and Virginia back to back. I see these as trap games. Both teams lost good players last year and will probably have a few losses by that point. We've typically lost to a team like that the last few years (UNC in '04 and GaTech in '05).

    BC at home Thanksgiving day. There might be 5000 people at this game. We were retarded for playing this game on Thanksgiving - but the athletic dept. is bleeding money so they signed this game (and FSU on Labor Day) because the networks wanted it. BC had some big losses (Kiwinika - or however it's spelled). But, see above - ripe for a letdown at this point in the season.

    As I see it - we've got the talent to go undefeated with this schedule. The only thing tough seems to be the timing - no open dates from Sept. 30th onward.
    But, this is a Larry Coker coached team so I could easily see 3 losses again (some Cane fans are predicting 4 or 5 - I don't see that).
    We'll get one big win for sure - either FSU, Louisville or VaTech. We'll likely suffer one letdown game - UVa, Maryland, or BC.

    My prediction - loss to Louisville and Boston College and go to the ACC title game.
    All I have to say is BC IN THE HOUSE!
  3. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    What's the deal with BC for next year?
    I have no clue.

    Who'd you lose? You do you have back? Any up and comers?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    ND 06 Schedule:

    Sat 09/02/06 Georgia Tech Atlanta, GA ABC 8:00 PM
    Sat 09/09/06 Penn State Notre Dame Stadium NBC 3:30 PM
    Sat 09/16/06 Michigan Notre Dame Stadium NBC 3:30 PM
    Sat 09/23/06 Michigan State East Lansing, MI ABC 8:00 PM
    Sat 09/30/06 Purdue Notre Dame Stadium NBC 2:30 PM
    Sat 10/07/06 Stanford Notre Dame Stadium NBC 2:30 PM
    Sat 10/21/06 UCLA Notre Dame Stadium NBC 2:30 PM
    Sat 10/28/06 Navy Baltimore, MD TBA TBA
    Sat 11/04/06 North Carolina Notre Dame Stadium NBC 2:30 PM
    Sat 11/11/06 Air Force Colorado Springs, CO CSTV 4:00 PM
    Sat 11/18/06 Army Notre Dame Stadium NBC 2:30 PM
    Sat 11/25/06 USC Los Angeles, CA

    I like our schedule. 6 Potential top 25 teams, 4 of which could bust the top 10 IMO

    Returning most of starting Offense, notibly potential Heisman canidate Brady Quinn, Jeff "the Shark" at WR, Rheema Mcnight at WR, and Darius Walker at RB.

    Lost Key TE in Anthony Pisano, and all world FB in Rashan Powers-Neal.

    My prediction: Making a BCS bowl....we are fricking ND.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  5. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    schedule for The Ohio State University (1) 9/2/06 home for Northern Illinois that's a win (2)9/9/06 at Texas that's a win -(3)9/16/06 home for Cincinnati win #3 (4) 9/23/06 home for Penn State (fresh off of there fluke winning season) another win for OSU (5) 9/30/06 at Iowa we win again easily (6) 10/7/06 home for Bowling Green (man we took a page out of Miami's book and scheduled some cupcakes this year) obviously another win (7) 10/14/06 at Michigan State this should easily be win #7 (8) 10/21/06 home for Indiana this might be the easiest game on the schedule another win (9) 10/28/06 home for Minnesota these guys have been giving us a hard time the last couple of years not this year we win again (10) 11/4/06 at IllInois by now the fire Zook websites are back in business as the Bucks win in a laugher (11)11/11/06 at Northwestern and you guessed it we win again --(12) 11/18/06 the greateast rivalry in all of sports continues as the hated and overrated Michigan Wolverines come to Columbus To battle the 11-0 and #1 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes and the trend of dominance will Continue in this rivalry as the Bucks go to 12-0 and secure thier place in the national championship game. That's how I see it playing out this year, it is only fair to say that I see this way every year as OSU is my first love and I have no ability to be objective where they are concerned, GO BUCKS!!!!!
  6. New Member
    cromwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    92.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    What's the deal with BC for next year?
    I have no clue.

    Who'd you lose? You do you have back? Any up and comers?
    Trying to figure that out myself, honestly I was really busy last year and saw 2 games
    It's my alma mater have to pull for them
  7. New Member
    eRICH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    221
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%

    University of Notre Dame
    I see no reason we can't run the table. I'm predicting a 12th National championship for th irish next year. We're going to be much better then last year. Also Fasano really fell off and was pretty worthless towards the end of the year(Also couldn't hold on to the ball at all-bigtime fumble against usc late in the game among others) and Rashon didnt play the last 7 games because he was suspended from the team. The big question is the D-basically they can't be any worse. I'm confident we can outscore anyone on our schedule though to make up for this. We avg 38 points per game last year & the O is only getting better. I'm just pissed i wont be there for the fun this year....graduating sucks
    e
    ND 06'
    Manor for life
  8. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    So - I'll play devil's advocate here for OSU* and ND.

    OSU* - Who DIDN'T y'all lose on defense? How can you honestly expect your D to play nearly as well last year?
    Don't give me that D'Andrea guy will step up at LB and be as good as those guys last year.
    And on O - how will Ginn respond without a legit playmaker on the other side in Holmes? He hasn't had to face a double team yet becuase Holmes was so good.
    HUGE losses on both sides of the ball - who's gonna step up??

    ND - what about all the OL lost??? And, yeah, the D sucked ballz.
    Ga Tech is a very tough game to open the season for ND. They usually play very well early in the year (ask Auburn last year) then suck in the middle and play one good game at the end (as us last year).
    Their D will be a test for the immobile Quinn (let's face it - he's about as fast as Beelzebub).



    In summary - you guys are f*cking crazy if you think there is an undefeated team this year. NO WAY! Every team has huge question marks.
  9. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    So - I'll play devil's advocate here for OSU* and ND.

    OSU* - Who DIDN'T y'all lose on defense? How can you honestly expect your D to play nearly as well last year?
    Don't give me that D'Andrea guy will step up at LB and be as good as those guys last year.
    And on O - how will Ginn respond without a legit playmaker on the other side in Holmes? He hasn't had to face a double team yet becuase Holmes was so good.
    HUGE losses on both sides of the ball - who's gonna step up??

    ND - what about all the OL lost??? And, yeah, the D sucked ballz.
    Ga Tech is a very tough game to open the season for ND. They usually play very well early in the year (ask Auburn last year) then suck in the middle and play one good game at the end (as us last year).
    Their D will be a test for the immobile Quinn (let's face it - he's about as fast as Beelzebub).



    In summary - you guys are f*cking crazy if you think there is an undefeated team this year. NO WAY! Every team has huge question marks.
    after our national championship season of 2002 where we beat you guys we lost a record 14 guys to the nfl draft including just about everyone on defense and our great kicker mike nugent that was the strength of our team,the following year with an entirely revamped team we finished 11-2 with a second straight fiesta bowl win and #3 in the final polls at OSU we don't rebuild we reload GO BUCK!
  10. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I was looking for player talk, but ok...
  11. New Member
    cromwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    92.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I was looking for player talk, but ok...
    I'm higher than **** on caffiene right now and all I have to say is I was AT the "Hail Mary" game, Doug Flutie to Jim Phalen pass. FLUUUUUTTIIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!
    I doubt anyone's going undefeated this year either
    and once again,
    FLUUTIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    Caffienes a hell of a drug
  12. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yeah - too bad that was your ONLY highlight - EVER!!!!

    We won the title 2 years later.
  13. New Member
    cromwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    92.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Yeah - too bad that was your ONLY highlight - EVER!!!!

    We won the title 2 years later.
    You're a meanie
    I just want to beat ND every year, thats my main motivation.
    When I went there we sucked, but I played hockey mostly
    BC gets the odd minor bowl victory, but it's pretty hard to compete with Miami. I personally think they should not have switched conferences
  14. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I was looking for player talk, but ok...
    like you said almost everyone on defense left, only Quinn Pit**** and Davis Pattersonfrom the d-line return but alot of guys who have substantial playing time are back James Laurinaitis,Mike D'Andrea and Marcus Freemanat lb (Freeman could have started last year if not for injury) d-lineman Jay Richardson & Lawrence Wilson, cb Malclom Jenkins and s Brandon Mitchell these guys can all play plus another stellar recruiting class will help and of course we have Troy Smith qb,Ted Ginn Jr.,Anthony Gonzalez and Roy Hall wrs, Marcel Frost te,Antonio Pittman and Maurice Wells rbs, Dionte Johnson fb,Kirk Barton,Doug Datish, TJ Downing on the o-line all coming back on offense which should be explosive with two legitimate heisman candidates(Smith & Ginn)and is the reason why we are a pre-season #1 in some polls also should take some pressure off of the defense.that's enough player talk GO BUCKS!!!
  15. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wow - that was THE longest sentence I've seen!!!!



    Crom - the BE is dead. Y'all will make more money and go to better bowls in the ACC (unless you win the BE, that is).
  16. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I hate our (ND) Defense...a far cry from a few years ago when we didn't score an offensive touchdown for like 3 games, yet still managed to win those 3.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  17. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Wow - that was THE longest sentence I've seen!!!!



    Crom - the BE is dead. Y'all will make more money and go to better bowls in the ACC (unless you win the BE, that is).
    I'm to lazy for punctuation I am college educated so it's not due to stupidity
  18. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    No prob.
    It's just difficult to read....
  19. New Member
    cromwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    92.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Wow - that was THE longest sentence I've seen!!!!



    Crom - the BE is dead. Y'all will make more money and go to better bowls in the ACC (unless you win the BE, that is).
    True, and the ACC $ does not hurt for sure. It is a step up however which is a good thing.
    It probably won't hurt recruitment either
  20. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    No prob.
    It's just difficult to read....
    you have no idea how long it took me to type that I only type about 5 words per minute I can write much faster than I type. I just noticed that they censored out pittc0ck's name that's funny
  21. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Thanks Rogue.

    We aren't that far away man. The Frosh should be on campus.

    It's time to talk about Mich. beating the hated Buckeyes for the first time in a while.
  22. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ahh - but we have 2 of THE most mediocre coaches (at least records the last few years).

    Neither team can seem to hurdle the 3 loss season.

    I'm ready for Randy Shannon (D-coordinator and former Miami/NFL player) to take over as head coach.
  23. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I agree.

    But, the major beef most Cane fans have is "the trend" of Coker.

    What is "the trend" you ask?

    Well, it goes like this: 12-0, 11-1 (albeit as poorly a referred game as could be), 11-2, 10-2, 9-3. Or something like that.
    We've essentially added a loss each season.

    Yes - expectations are a national title or BCS birth or bust at Miami.

    Beneath the surface there have been some troubling decisions.
    For example, we've had QB recruits defect the program the last 2 years.
    We only recruited one QB in '05. We got one late in '06 after Pat Devlin decommitted to Penn St (but he got drafted and signed by the Mets - Daniel Stegall out of Arkansas).

    We are down to 2 QB's. The back-up ran the OPTION in high school.
    We've never ran the option at Miami. What the hell?!?!?

    Suffice it to say, we are really, really, really deep sh*t if Kyle Wright goes down.

    (A walk-on is the 3rd string QB....)

    Plus - it's just time for a change.
    Fresh ideas can do a program well.
  24. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Is Mike Hart back at RB?
  25. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Thanks Rogue.

    We aren't that far away man. The Frosh should be on campus.

    It's time to talk about Mich. beating the hated Buckeyes for the first time in a while.
    not very likely but hey dare to dream
  26. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Ahh - but we have 2 of THE most mediocre coaches (at least records the last few years).

    Neither team can seem to hurdle the 3 loss season.

    I'm ready for Randy Shannon (D-coordinator and former Miami/NFL player) to take over as head coach.
    Loyd Carr is my favorite wolverine of all time he should get a lifetime contract
  27. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I haven't seen Binge on here in a looooooooooong time.

    Buck is enough OSU* fans on AM though. We can't have more than one.
  28. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I haven't seen Binge on here in a looooooooooong time.

    Buck is enough OSU* fans on AM though. We can't have more than one.
    I like to think I'm rabid enough of a Buckeye to count as two. It's not my fault though I was born and raised a buckeye, my father indoctrinated me from as early in my life as I can remember, He always told me I was going to go to Ohio State and be a bucknut and I always did what my father said.
  29. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3204
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'll break down Florida.
    Gimme a second..
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  30. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    How 'bout this - not since 1985...
  31. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3204
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro



    Insider's Breakdown of The Florida Gators.
    I'm kind of an insider, moreso than you think...

    by many sources:
    National Forecast: 5; SEC EAST Prediction: 1st

    "Harder schedule than most NFL Schedules"

    September Prediction
    2 Southern Miss Win, 34-10
    9 University of Central Florida Win, 56-7
    16 @ Tennessee Win, 24-13
    23 Kentucky Win, 49-28
    30 Alabama Win, 20-0
    October
    7 LSU (homecoming) Win, 23-17
    14 @ Auburn Loss, 12-16
    28 Georgia (Jacksonville) Win, 45-6
    November
    4 @ Vanderbilt Win 49-7
    11 South Carolina Win 21-16
    18 Western Carolina Win 35-0
    25 @ Florida State Win 24-13

    My thoughts: Only 3 games in October, but the 3 of the hardest consectutive games in the nation. We will sneak by LSU because the fans will drive a disorganized LSU team crazy. We will drop our one and only game to Auburn on the road by 4 points. The linebackers at Auburn average about 218lbs. They are quick and can drop into coverage. It will be a sloppy game all around, hence the weird score. The Gators won't get down and will beat the living hell out of a one dimensional Georgia team in Jacksonville. The remaining games we will cruise and have no surprises because Cutler isn't at Vandy and Spurrier visits the swamp this year. We clean up Florida State pretty well, again, this year in Tallahassee.

    Normally I'd have Florida dropping a game to South Carolina or an Alabama-type team - but not this year. A lot of those teams have 1st year starters at quarterback and will get pounded by the best D-Line in the Southeast.

    Key Players:
    Chris Leak (QB): Everyone hates Leak and they should honestly shut up. He is a good quarterback who will not lose games (only 6ints last year) and the best completion percentage in the SEC. Sorry we aren't benching him for a freshman. QBs thrive in their second year under Urban Meyer

    Brandon Siler (LB): Best LB in the SEC. Better than Willis at Ole Miss. Trust me, I have like 4 classes with him. Quality guy.

    Earl Everett (WLB): Everett looks more like a basketball player but is fast as hell side to side. He brings crazy speed and solid tackling.

    Jarvis Moss (DE): Jason Taylor mold, undersided but is good for 12+ sacks. Got 7.5sacks last year while only playing on 3rd down.

    Key Losses:
    Chad Jackson (WR): biggest loss easily, but wasn't a big play threat in the spread offense)
    Jeremy Mincey (DE): good player

    Key Concerns:
    Running Back: Starter is now local walk-on senior, Billy Latsko, he is basically a blocking fullback. We have 3 other players but Meyer hates them.

    Offensive Line: Not so much a concern - but we are replacing 4 starters.

    Strong Side Linebacker: Position is wide open. Siler (MLB) and Everett (WLB) are two of the nation's best. But the 3rd position is wide open but should be senior red shirt Brian Crum. Meyer hates Crum and thinks he's a stupid idiot. Look prehaps for a white kid with the #59 in that slot?

    FLORIDA GATORS (11-1), finish 2nd in the nation.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  32. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yup. Was just going to say the same thing Rouge.

    SEC defenses aren't the MWC.



    Oh -and looks like all of our teams are headed to the Fiesta.


    We've been driking the ole team drink.
    I've got on my orange and green glasses.

    The rest of you guys are delusional too. Good to see I'm not the only one.
  33. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    528
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    15.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS
    after our national championship season of 2002 where we beat you guys we lost a record 14 guys to the nfl draft including just about everyone on defense and our great kicker mike nugent that was the strength of our team,the following year with an entirely revamped team we finished 11-2 with a second straight fiesta bowl win and #3 in the final polls at OSU we don't rebuild we reload GO BUCK!
    Nugent was the following year.
  34. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    528
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    15.52%

    OK, so here's my take on a few things. Traveling to Texas will be difficult. Other than that our schedule should not be that difficult. PSU at home, and UM at home. Iowa scares me. Troy Smith will be a Heisman top three if he stays healthy. Tressel's O approach will be fulfilled for the first time since Mo C. with the required big back in Chris Wells to compliment the running QB in Smith. That is JT's offense and that's why the past few years have been painful at times.

    The D is down a few players, but our backs are always talented, our line will be improved on the ends, and D'Andrea is an awesome MLB who has suffered the past years due to injuries, and we just picked up an experienced 5* juco OLB to help out. The reality of the D is the question when HASN'T Jim Tressel put a top D on the field?

    And I didn't chime in earlier because I've been avoiding the anticipation of football like the plague. Thanks for creating this thread and ruining my relaxing summer with anxiety for the fall.
  35. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3204
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Winning the SEC with that brutal schedule is going to be very difficult.

    Florida's issue is not Chris Leak or Tim Tebow, it's wether the Spread will work effectively against the speedy and athletic defenses of the SEC. Meyer made it work at Utah and Bowling Green, Northwestern kind of makes it work in the B10, but the SEC is far better overall defensive conference than the MW, MAC, and B10.
    Yep, this is the truth. And Midseason last year, I was convinced of this completely. They were sloppy as hell in the Orange-Blue game in April. Team Blue had 14 first downs and 3 points to show for it. But they openned up the play book a bit for both teams and more points were to be had.

    With that said, THIS YEAR, the spread will be good enough for 19-31 points a game. It's not fun and gun. But I believe it's not totally on the offense. The defense will decide where this team will go or not go. Leak will not turn the ball over. If the defense can get us a short field a few times a game. We will win. System questions aside, Meyer is a great coach. I am happy the Florida will not be tested until October. Tennessee, in September - will not be a test, it might be a close game but we will end up winning by a fair amount.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  36. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I've seen 3 UT-Fla games in Knoxville.
    They always play each other close - no matter how truly good/bad both teams are.

    The Gators do seem to have the Vols number though.

    I wouldn't predict a blowout - Spurrier ain't around anymore.
  37. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3204
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    8.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Who's winning the Heisman?
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  38. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Brady Quinn - if they have less than 3 losses.
    The media LOVES Notre f*cking Dame.
  39. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    Nugent was the following year.
    I stand corrected Huston did only kick last year,still the point remains the same there is a precedence for losing most of the defense and still fielding a great one the following year, the talent and coaching are there.
  40. New Member
    craigblitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    128
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    29.52%

    Another BIG TIME BUCKEYE fan in the house....

    I am so excited about this yearís team at the same time I am ohh so cautious because of what we lost on defense. We do seem to reload, but replacing all world AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter(who in my opinion will be a better pro), and The Boar hunter will be tough. Anyway here is my quick break down of the team and our schedule. I will try to take off my scarlet and grey classes for 2 minutes.

    QB - Troy Smith... Man it is going to be awesome to see him play a full year and having the job his from day 1. You will not convince me other wise that if he was not suspended vs. Miami we would have beat Texas and won a NC last year. Plus the drop from Hamby didn't help. Zwick is a better then solid back-up. Some think Robbie Schnoft will get the nod at 2 but JT is loyal and will stick with Zwick.

    RB - Chris Wells this Chris Wells that. Believe me folks the hype is legit and you will see Tressel ball in full effect. Look at what our O did in 2002 with Maurice Clarett vs. without. But enough about an unproven RB, lets look at Pittman who is a work horse. Pittman is getting shafted as I do not feel there is a better back in the Big Ten. Hart from Meatchicken is up there when healthy, but Pittman is an unheralded star. Wells will have the luxury of not having to carry the team like Mo C did and Pittman will be better because he will carry the ball 10-15 less a game now. Letís not forget speedsters Haw and Maurice Wells who will get his touches.

    WR - We will miss Holmes, but we absolutely reload here. We are deep and we are fast. Did I mention a guy named Ginn? You may have heard of him a time or two. I am really hoping to see him become a better WR this year, but he is a huge distraction and will allow other receivers to get open. Gonzo is fast and solid, Roy Hall needs to step up if he wants to play. Brian Hartline, Albert Dukes(could be the next Holmes), remember the name Brian Robiskie..... Just do it :-)

    OL - We are huge here and should be a very tough line to penetrate. If Boone is out of the doghouse he will be at LT and he is a beast and future All-American. If not I can see Rehering playing there and having Jon Skinner at Guard. Datish should move to Center unless Jim Corlde can impress big time this fall, which I would love to see the kid plays with a huge chip. Right side of the line is more then solid Downing and Barton. We even have some depth for the first time in a long long long time.

    TE - I expect HUGE things from Rory Nicol. Played as a Frosh then got hurt and took a redshirt last year. With our running game look for the TE to be a little more productive. Do not be surprised to see true Frosh Jake Ballard get some time in there. He may be a tackle in a couple years but might get some playing time as a blocking TE.

    FB - Solid. Stan White Jr. will not remind anyone of Brandon Joe, but he will get the job done. Behind him is Dionte Johnson who fell off the planet after a solid frosh season.

    Overall the O is loaded and I will be interested to see what Tressel does with a SR QB and a great rushing attack. Should be fun to watch

    DE - We have some future stars here for sure. Lawernce Wilson.. think Will Smith. All-American after this season in my opinion. Vernon Gholston should finally be healthy and will be a load to deal with it. Incoming Super Frosh Robert Rose will see some time there. Worthington will most likely move to Tackle, and hopefully Ryan Williams is rehabbing and will be back at full go. Jay Richardson at time appears to be unblock able but is not great against the run. Alex Barrow has been stepping up. All in all I think we will be solid here.

    DT - A little thin here. This is the most important position we are recruiting this year hands down as we get wire thin after this year. Quin Pit**** is a star. David Patterson will be playing there full time and at times he looks to be a star. Hopefully this will be his going out party. Joel Penton will be solid and I am excited to see red shirt frosh Todd Denlinger play this year. Not real deep but a potential star in Todd and star in Quinn could make this strength

    LB's - Where to start. As I said you do not replace the crew we had last year, I do not care what school you are or how many players are in the wings what we had last year was special. At MLB is anyone's guess. If Mike D'Andrea can stay healthy he would be more then solid. Jon Kerr was all world at IU before transferring but is unproven. Splinter or Hoobler could fill this spot, but True Frosh Ross Homan was a monster during the spring game. Look for him to have a Hawk like career. Hoobler plays with too much heart and not enough head.. get him to play his position and he could be a star as well. At the Will there is all soon to be a household name in Marcus Freeman. My cut tells me it he had been healthy Bobby C would have been the other rush DE all year last year. Freeman will be an AA before he leaves Columbus. At the SAM spot there is James Lauriatis who I am not that high on but a lot of people are. He played vs Meatchicken and Notre Dame because Bobby was hurt. Maybe JUCO Larry Grant can learn the system and get in there and make an impact.

    CB - Another area I am not sold on. Malcom Jenkins will shut down one side of the field, and will make his share of mistakes as well. The other CB is up in the air. Underwood, Roberts, Washington, need to step up... Maybe even Antoine Smith...

    SS/FS - Loaded and will be better then we were last year even with the departure of Whitner and Salley(who was a liability IMO(Look at the Texas game)). Everyone expects O'neal to start at SS, but even this ALL Star might have to sit because of the emergence of Anderson Russell who the coaches rave about. Either or we will be fine and the other will be a Nickel. FS Nick Patterson or Brandon Mitchell should get the bulk there... Patterson is a little unknown but has made a lot of noise in the off-season

    All in all we will be faster... Will faster mean better... I hope so but I really think the D will cost us a game this year....

    Special Teams

    Punter - TRAP is more then solid
    PR/KR - GINN, 'Nough said
    Kicker - No more Nuuuu or Houuuu... time for the Preeeeetttt cheers I guess. Hopefully we will score more td then field goals this year.

    Schedule

    Northern Ill - Win.. They have that one back who is go... never mind we beat them by 17

    TEXAS - Man oh man oh man.. Loved the game last year minus the outcome. This is what college football is about. I think our D will be better then their O and we should win. Vince Young was all that for them last year. Their D will be incredible but we have too many weapons. On O they have some VERY VERY nice looking backs and way underrated receivers, but a new QB in that atmosphere... wow I would hate to be that dude... We win ohh so close, but a field goal. Thinking more my heart then head there

    Cincinnati - This will be Wells coming out party.. They play us close and JT hates beating inner-state teams. Win by 20 but could have won by 50.

    Penn State - Don't care I hate them and all their ***** ass fans. Revenge *****es... White Out... Get a life and congrats on not being mediocre for 1 season. We win by 13

    Iowa - Ohhh **** game.... I think this could be where we stumble, especially after the ass raping we gave them in CBUS last year... Tate is solid... I think our D gets ate up by Tate and we lose by a TD. I am going to go puke.....

    Bowling Green - Post is long enough.. We win

    MSU - Those fokkers always play us close... I can see Stanton having a nice game vs our secondary but many lessons will be learned vs Iowa and Tate and we win a close one by 4

    Indiana - See Bowling Green

    Minny - Do they have a person who is not suspended...Win

    Illinois - See Indiana

    Northwestern - Bastards.... We win

    Meatchicken - No way Troy Smith loses his SR at home to these clowns... There is just no way.

    11-1 or 10-2 and a BCS game for the Bucks again. A lot will hinge on that Texas game......

    There is my complete break down... ENJOY... 74 More days to kick-off friends....
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 09:43 PM
  2. Confess your BB'ing sins and repent
    By comrade in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 12:37 AM
  4. GH users, your preferred dosing schedule?
    By Doom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 08:52 PM
  5. your team
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in