Ricky Williams Signed To The Argos... - AnabolicMinds.com

Ricky Williams Signed To The Argos...

  1. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Ricky Williams Signed To The Argos...


    What does everyone think of this decision? I 5th chance for a hard-working kid? Or a blatant mistake by the CFL in not honouring the drug-suspension of another league?

  2. jecko29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Not really sure on that one but I have to admit I might actually check out a couple of Argos games this year

    jecko
  3. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Yeah, I think it may raise some serious ethical issues in that the CFL is basically saying "It's okay to do drugs". Even moreso in that they are not honouring the contract of another league to do so.
    •   
       

  4. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    They are a business. This will make the league a lot of money.

    It's good for Rickey.

    And, as far as ethics, I know Nick Saban isn't the bastion of them (cough LSU cough) but he and the Dolphins supported Ricky and said they'd take him back when his suspension is up.
  5. yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    It's my understanding that this is quite common in the CFL (American players going up there after being suspended or banned for failing US drug tests). In RW's case, he has to sit out a year suspension....might as well stay in shape playing if the Argos will have him. I think the Argos have asked him to make some public anti-drug statements as part of the deal (for the kids, ya know).
  6. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    It's my understanding that this is quite common in the CFL (American players going up there after being suspended or banned for failing US drug tests). In RW's case, he has to sit out a year suspension....might as well stay in shape playing if the Argos will have him. I think the Argos have asked him to make some public anti-drug statements as part of the deal (for the kids, ya know).
    Yeah, the Argos do about 50 community events a year, which they obviously want him to be a part of. I guess all things considered this is a fairly mild suspension, all he did was smoke weed. Half the players in the NFL have killed somebody, so I suppose his mistakes pale in comparison.
  7. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Isn't weed legal up there with you heathens???
  8. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Isn't weed legal up there with you heathens???
    Ha!..No, it's de-criminalized. Under an Oz there is no criminal charge layed, but it is still illegal. Though, I don't see it being completely legalized under our current administration. So, Ricky must be happy!
  9. yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Ha!..No, it's de-criminalized. Under an Oz there is no criminal charge layed, but it is still illegal. Though, I don't see it being completely legalized under our current administration. So, Ricky must be happy!
    I was reading that your government (the previous one) was about to legalize it but the US government threatened to inspect every truck crossing the border, thus devastating the Canadian economy....so the plan was shelved.
  10. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    I was reading that your government (the previous one) was about to legalize it but the US government threatened to inspect every truck crossing the border, thus devastating the Canadian economy....so the plan was shelved.
    Pretty much. As much as I hate to admit, every Prime Minister in Canadian history has failed to diversify the Canadian market into a global one, effectively rendering Canada incapable of surviving (under the current conditions) w/o the huge fiscal influence of the United States. The most unfortunate aspect of this fiscal hedgemony is how it has consistently affected our legal policies. The legalization of marijuana a prime example. What's also sad is your government's willingness to take full and blatant advantage of this. I.E., no Canadian presence in Iraq = prolonging the Canadian beef stoppage, BC softwood lumber tariffs, Nova Scotia Cod situation, etc, etc.
  11. yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Pretty much. As much as I hate to admit, every Prime Minister in Canadian history has failed to diversify the Canadian market into a global one, effectively rendering Canada incapable of surviving (under the current conditions) w/o the huge fiscal influence of the United States. The most unfortunate aspect of this fiscal hedgemony is how it has consistently affected our legal policies. The legalization of marijuana a prime example. What's also sad is your government's willingness to take full and blatant advantage of this. I.E., no Canadian presence in Iraq = prolonging the Canadian beef stoppage, BC softwood lumber tariffs, Nova Scotia Cod situation, etc, etc.
    I agree.....and if Vancouver would just start treating their sewage like a world-class city in a civilized country, I'd have complete sympathy for you (they currently dump raw sewage into a waterway which carries it south into the states).
  12. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    I agree.....and if Vancouver would just start treating their sewage like a world-class city in a civilized country, I'd have complete sympathy for you (they currently dump raw sewage into a waterway which carries it south into the states).
    Haha..Yeah, that's BC though..They are savage hippies out there. I am in Alberta, we are civilized hicks (not me though)
  13. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    "Blame Canada!!"
  14. BMW
    BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    367

    Reputation

    damn im gonna miss ricky but at least we have ronnie brown to fill his shoes this kid is going to be the next big thing in the nfl. ill see u suckas at the superbowl in our city . did you noticed that ricky finally shave the **** off his face and head so he must be happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. Bull Mkt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    141

    Reputation

    I think Ricky is going to have a great season in Canada with less pressure than what he is subjected to in the NFL.

    When it comes down to it, he's just a really akward guy (remember when he did a whole post game interview in his helmet due to his social anxiety) with a boat load of talent. To some people, substances like weed help them overcome issues like social anxiety...not that it's right.
  16. somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2335

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    What's also sad is your government's willingness to take full and blatant advantage of this. I.E., no Canadian presence in Iraq = prolonging the Canadian beef stoppage, BC softwood lumber tariffs, Nova Scotia Cod situation, etc, etc.
    Yeah canada takes it up the a$$ and then someone points out one little thing that canada does wrong. P.s i live in B.c damn it so im not sure if i prove or discredit your statement!

    I think ricky is a boy in a mans body he's too immature and has some psycological probs and he IS however and amazing footballer and he WILL fill the seats.
    Last edited by somewhatgifted; 06-01-2006 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
  17. Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13068

    Reputation

    This is a good business move for Toronto. They get a RB with all-pro skills at a good rate. The Canadian rules don't favor the running game (3 downs per series) but he'll at least be playing and will have to improve his receiving skills.
  18. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    This is a good business move for Toronto. They get a RB with all-pro skills at a good rate. The Canadian rules don't favor the running game (3 downs per series) but he'll at least be playing and will have to improve his receiving skills.
    Yeah, he'll get alot of recieving touches maybe (if they put him in the slotback position) for certain plays.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sign up to the Athletix Newsletter!
    By Driven2lift in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 07:03 PM
  2. Signs to start the SERM early during cycle
    By Atheloop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
  3. Ricky Williams to return to Dolphins
    By DieTrying in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 10:23 AM
  4. Looking forward to the 19Nor!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 12:03 AM
  5. Wardogs trip to the public pool
    By shady in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in