Favre is back for 2006

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
:woohoo::cheers:

Posted on www.espn.com about 30 mins ago. Should be interesting before the draft. They also talk about him trying to get Arrington to sign in Green Bay.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Didn't Arrington already sign with the giants?

dd

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Didn't Arrington already sign with the giants?

dd
He did, but apparently GB offered more cash but without Brett confirmed for this year Lavar didn't want to risk signing with them. Anyways, it's great to see that Brett is coming back:woohoo:

jecko

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have mixed feelings about it. I'm a fan of Favre so I don't want to see him leave after several crappy seasons. Over time, it might effect the way people remember him. I like to see guys I admire go out on top, like the way The Bus did it. Of course, knowing how competitive Favre is, he probably thinks he can take the Pack to the SB, win it, then go out on top. I just don't think he has enough talent around him to make a serious run.
Oh well, I'll always remember his glory days.

dd

hed

Awards
Good to see. One of the few NFC quarterbacks I'll root for that doesn't play in Atlanta.

(GO FALCONS)

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Favre should be great this year lets see....TD to INT ratio should 1/3 like last year...He's got real #1 WR to throw too....No running Game.....****ty O-Line...Horrible D...oh wait...they have a top 5 pick in the draft! They are gonna be the bottom scrubs in their Division...No way Favre's team can step up to the Bears or Vikings

hed

Awards
Favre should be great this year lets see....TD to INT ratio should 1/3 like last year...He's got real #1 WR to throw too....No running Game.....****ty O-Line...Horrible D...oh wait...they have a top 5 pick in the draft! They are gonna be the bottom scrubs in their Division...No way Favre's team can step up to the Bears or Vikings
Yeah, their O line is definitely not good. Is Javon Walker still wanting out? I haven't heard anything in a while. And Ahman Green once upon a time was a pretty damn good running back. I don't expect much from the Packers, but I don't see his TD:INT ratio being THAT bad again.

Plus Brett Favre is just all around cool. He was in Something About Mary, how can you not like him! :p

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Ahman Green and his dayz of glory are far behind him...if anything they might get something out of Samkon Gado who showed some promise..Walker wants out like no other and rumors are that he will be traded b4 the draft or he will sit out the year...These guys are such cry babies man.....Favre is a cool guy I'm down with him but his gun slinger style of throwing with no real WR other then Donald Driver is not looking to promising

hed

Awards
Well if they lose Walker I'm sure they won't get equal value for him, so that sucks. They should have tried to work Eric Moulds into a trade for him. There are still some free agents worth signing to help the defense though (unless this list I'm looking at isn't up to date..) Ty Law, Nate Clements, Chris Claiborne.

..and after all that said they still won't win their division, BUT I think they could be better than the Vikings.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
better then the Vikes..Nah man...Vikings now have one of the best O-Lines in the NFL....they got Hutchison...and Birk back...Plus Childress will run the ball from here back to Philly...i hate the Vikqueens but Their running game will control the clock and their D isnt bad....but the O-Line on paper looks insane

hed

Awards
better then the Vikes..Nah man...Vikings now have one of the best O-Lines in the NFL....they got Hutchison...and Birk back...Plus Childress will run the ball from here back to Philly...i hate the Vikqueens but Their running game will control the clock and their D isnt bad....but the O-Line on paper looks insane
Yeah, but who's that running back going to be? And how will Brad Johnson play this season another year older? That's why I say could be. I think they'll be good with early leads, but if they don't get them.. I don't know..

Really it's all just who wants to lose my Falcons this season in the playoffs... :p

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'mma Big Michael Vick fan and think he's gonna put it down this year for sure....Chester Taylor is going to be the Vikings new RB and he displayed some solid Running and Recieving skills in Baltimore....verdict is still out but he could very well be the Next Priest Holmes....remember when they traded him from the Ravens to the Chiefs

GRosk1234

Awards
I'm really not sure what Brett will bring to the team this year. Guys may rally around him and step up, you never know.

I do beleive the Pack will try to sign some free agents, spend some money to get some players, and field the best team they can. With a new coach, one never knows. You also don't know who's going to get injured or who is going to have a breakout year. That's the beauty of the NFL and why Fantasy leagues are great.

I mean the Bears D could outscore many other team's offense on a regular basis and they will probably have to use 4 or 5 different quaterbacks, the Vikings could all die in a boating accident, and I think there is another team in the division but I don't remember.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Problem with Green Bay is no one wants to play for them unless they are getting big bucks....good luck with free agency..

hed

Awards
I'mma Big Michael Vick fan and think he's gonna put it down this year for sure....Chester Taylor is going to be the Vikings new RB and he displayed some solid Running and Recieving skills in Baltimore....verdict is still out but he could very well be the Next Priest Holmes....remember when they traded him from the Ravens to the Chiefs
Nice, nice. I didn't know they got Chester Taylor. They also have a few other backs to spell him. Still don't know about the passing game... Vikings - Randy Moss - Daunte Culpepper = I don't know. :blink:

hed

Awards
Problem with Green Bay is no one wants to play for them unless they are getting big bucks....good luck with free agency..
They've got plenty of room under the cap, it's just a matter of whether they want to spend that or not.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Troy Williamson fastest WR is last years draft didnt show too much for the VIkes last year so verdict is still out on him...I think Koren Robinson will have a Great Year...Mr Bust Nate Burleson who snabbed by the Seahawks due to the Posion Pill nonsense...so in other words...Vikings dont have much a Passing Game...But running game will be insane

GRosk1234

Awards
Good post! - they just signed Woodson for $52 million.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Charles Woodson=SCRUB

52 million lol they could have got a real player for that money T.O, Edge, Moulds, Re-sign Walker lol.....Packers are garbage..Imagine how good Woodson will think he is when he's catching 20 int's a day in practice againt Old Man Favre:run:

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good post! - they just signed Woodson for $52 million.
Hope Woodson can play WR lol it just said on ESPN that Donald Driver wants out..trade me or release is what he said to be exact....No Javon....No Donald....hhhhmmm I love all the WR options Favre has to throw too....repeat after me Favre will be an INT machine this year :twisted:

GRosk1234

Awards
Hope Woodson can play WR lol it just said on ESPN that Donald Driver wants out..trade me or release is what he said to be exact....No Javon....No Donald....hhhhmmm I love all the WR options Favre has to throw too....repeat after me Favre will be an INT machine this year :twisted:
Wow, looks like we hit a nerve, sorry to bring up Green Bay man, didn't mean to piss you off. I was with you on the free agent thing but, yeah...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mich29 Sports Talk 11
Fastone Sports Talk 40
Sports Talk 18
POWER HOUSE Sports Talk 3
Fastone Sports Talk 7