NHL Playoff matchups

IainDaniel

Awards
Alrighty ladies, it is playoff time in the NHL again. Yes my Maple Laughs didn't make the playoffs but it should still be an interesting 2nd season.

Here are the matchups:

Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

Carolina vs Montreal

New Jersey vs New York R

Buffalo vs Philedelphia

Detroit vs Edmonton

Dallas vs Colorado

Calgary vs Anaheim

Nashville vs San Jose

Post your picks.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Ottawa vs Tampa Bay
Ottawa

Carolina vs Montreal
Montreal

New Jersey vs New York R
New Jersey

Buffalo vs Philedelphia
Philly

Detroit vs Edmonton
Edmonton

Dallas vs Colorado
Dallas

Calgary vs Anaheim
Calgary

Nashville vs San Jose
San Jose

If you're looking for any serious "upsets", I'd be looking at Montreal and Edmonton to take out their respective division and league overall leaders.

Montreal is on fire right now, and Carolina is slumping. Ironically, if Carolina gets past Montreal - I'd be thinking they'll make the finals.

If Edmonton plays at the top of their game, they will beat Detroit, no matter how great Detroit plays their own game. However, Edmonton has been so inconsistant, and any slightly off night for them will result in a loss to the Presidental Cup champs.

I can't call Philly an upset - that's going to be a very physical matchup.

Can't call San Jose an upset over Nashville. Nashville is missing their #1 goalie, plus they're in the weakest division, so their season points are inflated.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't care who plays Ottawa as long as the opposition wins!!!

Go Tampa!!!!!!!!

cromwell

Awards
ottawa
carolina
new york
philly
DETROIT
Dallas
Calgary
Nashville
Ideally, only one team from a laughable location (Hockey wise) gets through. Of course if carolina and nashville both make it..........hey, I wonder when Puerto Rico is getting an NHL franchise lol

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
lol i don;t think you people understand how much i love playoffs. OLN has 6 hrs of this **** on every weekdaynight and NBC has the weekends. This is like my honeymoon... except spread out over months...

Ottawa vs Tampa Bay
Ottawa--even though i love TB
Carolina vs Montreal

Carolina
New Jersey vs New York R
New York
Buffalo vs Philedelphia
Forsberg
Detroit vs Edmonton
Detroit
Dallas vs Colorado
Colorado
Calgary vs Anaheim
Anaheim
Nashville vs San Jose
San Jose---There arena is called the shark pit for christ sake

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Ottawa vs Tampa Bay
Ottawa

Carolina vs Montreal
Carolina

New Jersey vs New York R
New Jersey

Buffalo vs Philedelphia
Phillie

Detroit vs Edmonton
Edmonton

Dallas vs Colorado
Colorado

Calgary vs Anaheim
Calgary

Nashville vs San Jose
San Jose

jecko

IainDaniel

Awards
Ottawa
Carolina
New Jersey
Buffalo
Detroit
Colorado
Calgary
San Jose

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Oh man today is gonan rule, once i devistate this materials science final i'm gonan watch hockey from now till sunday. This might be the best weekend of my life.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
This might be the best weekend of my life.
This man loves his hockey. Are you sure you're American? LoL.

I may be Canadian, and I loved watching my team win the Stanley Cup 5 times - but I'm not hardcore enough to even say those rank up there as some of my best weekends of my life.

I hope you enjoy what you see. Guessing by your avatar, you're a Forsberg fan. He's the only reason I pickd Philly over Buffalo. As long as Forsberg is not hurt, Philly will go far. But that's just a barely educated guess, as I really don't even know much about the Eastern conference.

I hope to be happy this weekend, but if all the critics and media are correct, my Oilers are going down fast. Of course, I don't believe what the "experts" say. "Experts" are the ones that told me I'd never walk again, let alone wrestle. Look at me now - I'm trying out the for Olympic team!

Wait a minute...that wasn't me...that was a movie I watched. Crap. I guess I didn't bang Brittney Spears either.:( :twisted:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ottawa vs Tampa Bay
OTTAWA
Carolina vs Montreal
CAROLINA
New Jersey vs New York R
NEW jersey lol
Buffalo vs Philedelphia
BUFFALO
Detroit vs Edmonton
DETROIT
Dallas vs Colorado
DALLAS
Calgary vs Anaheim
CALGARY
Nashville vs San Jose
SAN JOSE

Last edited:
Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Good man Sunder... I just enjoy hockey, in terms of the sports that are currently on tv. I hate baseball and basketbal. I love hockey and football. What more does a man need ina sport?? its got the three basic food groups:
Hitting People, Fighting and Shooting objects at things.....

Its all a man could ask for.

In terms of the best weekend of my live i guess i shoudl clarify that I just recently got a 55in Plasma HDTV and i'm wathing all of the game in HD. I just hooked up my other two tv's to watch the rest of them all at the same time... and i also just got a case of beer.... All i need now is a woman that enjoys hockey and i'll be set.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
In terms of the best weekend of my live i guess i shoudl clarify that I just recently got a 55in Plasma HDTV and i'm wathing all of the game in HD. I just hooked up my other two tv's to watch the rest of them all at the same time... and i also just got a case of beer....
You sold me - I'm coming over!

cromwell

Awards
one down three to go.GO WINGS! I'd be happy if we get by Edmonton in 7..they are a damn good team. Detroit needs to turn it up a bit

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
one down three to go.GO WINGS! I'd be happy if we get by Edmonton in 7..they are a damn good team. Detroit needs to turn it up a bit

Detroits line up cracks me up, I forgot that there top 5 players all have hockey stick curves named after them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Avs won 5-2 against Dallas...I hope they can keep this up.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Edmonton downs Detroit 4-2 in regulation. 3 more wins like that and the wings are golfing. :)

Go Oilers!

cromwell

Awards
Edmonton downs Detroit 4-2 in regulation. 3 more wins like that and the wings are golfing. :)

Go Oilers!
Take off, hoser!:icon_lol: man detroit has a trend of late, great season then get blasted by some in the first round. I knew edmonton would be tough....damn canadiens!

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Take off, hoser!:icon_lol: man detroit has a trend of late, great season then get blasted by some in the first round. I knew edmonton would be tough....damn canadiens!
Actually the "canadiens" are playing against Carolina. Edmonton is playing Detroit. Unless of course you meant to type Canadians? You yanks crack me up sometimes. :rofl:

But yeah, the combination of detroit's history of choking the 1st round with Edmonton's history of upping their game in the playoffs make this matchup quite interesting. Detroit has surprised me though, they are a much stronger team than I thought and Yzerman is playing much better than I hoped he would. LoL

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
I was happy for TB win, but the goddman flyers need to step it up tonight. I'm looking forward to a colorado win and a Flyer win as well ,But i think the sabers might desotroy them again.. :(

cromwell

Awards
Actually the "canadiens" are playing against Carolina. Edmonton is playing Detroit. Unless of course you meant to type Canadians? You yanks crack me up sometimes. :rofl:

But yeah, the combination of detroit's history of choking the 1st round with Edmonton's history of upping their game in the playoffs make this matchup quite interesting. Detroit has surprised me though, they are a much stronger team than I thought and Yzerman is playing much better than I hoped he would. LoL
Why you! What with our backward school system, us americans have a little trouble spelling :rofl: Actually Yzerman is one of the main reasons I am a detroit fan (not from there), and why I wore # 19 when I played. I had to pick a main team about 25 years ago because
my dads family is from boston, i actually played juniors and some college hockey there ( yes I still have a soft spot for the bruins)
my moms french (okay, may not matter)
IJ have canadian cousins in montreal (I spelled it right::woohoo: ) Too many blows to the head I guess.
I have actually been to canada many times, it's a great country..except for that whole Avril Lavinge thing.........
hey true story I went to school one year with Bryan Adams ..you guys should go ahead and give a work permit up there:icon_lol:
Seriously, a little off topic but I glad to see Canadian teams in there, Its hockey land. I don't need to see anymore Winnipeg deals! No more teams need to move.....whats next, Vancouver move's to Seattle? I can see it now, the seattle canadiens.oops I meant Canucks! Don't laugh the idea was being tossed around a couple years ago:wtf:

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
GO AVS!!! Up 2-0 coming home... For my fellow Avs fans, are you as excited as I am to have Wolski and Svatos on a line next year??? Ive been following his year in juniors all season and have been drooling to get him back up here for the playoffs. This guy is gonna be another Forsberg. You heard it here first. Let's hope Turco keeps up his form of awful playoff hockey! He's now 1-7 against the avs in the playoffs for his career :dance:

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
I'm happy for the av's and as i predicted flyers got owned. I think might loose everyone. But so far 2/3 of my other choice teams are doing well..GO AV's!!

cromwell

Awards
I can't wait for tonights game! Hpefully Datsuk will play, we need someone under 50 out there.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I have actually been to canada many times, it's a great country..except for that whole Avril Lavinge thing.........
Avril Lavinge??? I don't get it. Now, if you said Celine Dion...:run:

Well, I've been to the States many times, and I love it. I've been to Portland twice (my friend works there), and think it's one of the cleanest places I've seen. There was a guy who hosed down the sidewalk everynight when I was there. (Winnipeg reminds me of Detroit in that aspect, a smaller Detroit without Detroit's benefits. Winnipeg is just...dirty...)

Ironically enough, I may be applying for some jobs in Portland as well as Seattle and Vancouver (computer programmer) in the next month or two.

Seriously, a little off topic but I glad to see Canadian teams in there, Its hockey land. I don't need to see anymore Winnipeg deals! No more teams need to move.....whats next, Vancouver move's to Seattle? I can see it now, the seattle canadiens.oops I meant Canucks! Don't laugh the idea was being tossed around a couple years ago:wtf:
I honestly would like an NHL team in Seattle and/or Portland. I wouldn't want Vancouver's team to leave though - just a new team.

Oh, and I apologize to all Detroit fans for the way my Oilers are beating up on the Red Wings. :) It's not personal, just business. You did give us a scare when we lost our 2 goal lead with 8 minutes left in the game. (deja vu with Game 1).

Btw - I like Yzerman, and I think he's been the best Red Wing so far. I read somewhere that he might be hurt in the hip? I missed that in the game, might just be a rumor.

I hate Chelios though, but no surprise there, as he's the kind of guy you'd expect to hear about getting shanked in some dark alley, LoL. :nutkick:

cromwell

Awards
Avril Lavinge??? I don't get it. Now, if you said Celine Dion...:run:

Well, I've been to the States many times, and I love it. I've been to Portland twice (my friend works there), and think it's one of the cleanest places I've seen. There was a guy who hosed down the sidewalk everynight when I was there. (Winnipeg reminds me of Detroit in that aspect, a smaller Detroit without Detroit's benefits. Winnipeg is just...dirty...)

Ironically enough, I may be applying for some jobs in Portland as well as Seattle and Vancouver (computer programmer) in the next month or two.

I honestly would like an NHL team in Seattle and/or Portland. I wouldn't want Vancouver's team to leave though - just a new team.

Oh, and I apologize to all Detroit fans for the way my Oilers are beating up on the Red Wings. :) It's not personal, just business. You did give us a scare when we lost our 2 goal lead with 8 minutes left in the game. (deja vu with Game 1).

Btw - I like Yzerman, and I think he's been the best Red Wing so far. I read somewhere that he might be hurt in the hip? I missed that in the game, might just be a rumor.

I hate Chelios though, but no surprise there, as he's the kind of guy you'd expect to hear about getting shanked in some dark alley, LoL. :nutkick:
Small world, good luck with the jobs!
My friend I rent from is also a programmer and is actually going to work for Boeing in seattle.the house is mine!
(cue scene from "risky buisness" lol)
Your guys are doing the job...It's going to be a good series for sure, I think it could go 7, but the Wings need a little luck and better goaltending (hint : Osgood next game)
The list of chronic Injuries Stevy y has are legion, I would'nt doubt the hip thing along with 2 trashed knees and god knows what else . Just part of the reason he's the man.
Damn that Peca! He always seems to come up with big plays
I'd love to have a team here, it's been bandied about about but Seattle is more likely. Given the stike and todays economy though, neither one is going to happen. Theres just no hockey support in this town...I nearly had to strangle some one to get the game on at the local bar (I don't have cable right now) Q: How many tv's do 5 short out of shape white guys need to watch a cappy basketball game on ?
A; All of them apparently, until after reasonalble diplomatic requests failed and I got vocal and aggressive:nutkick:
I learned that from Chelios!.......You're right he is pretty dirty. Anyway, good luck on thursday, I am looking forward to the game , hope it won't another early round exit for Detroit!
Oh yeah......Celine Dion should marry Deion Sanders, that way she'd be (wait for it)
Celine Deion Sanders:rofl: :rofl:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well...I have to say I am not suprised Philly is getting hammered..My Flames gave me a scare, but as long as they play Flames hockey like last night, Anaheim doesn't stand a chance...

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Small world, good luck with the jobs!
Thanks, I will need it. :)

Your guys are doing the job...It's going to be a good series for sure, I think it could go 7, but the Wings need a little luck and better goaltending (hint : Osgood next game)
Well, if you've followed the Oilers at all this season, you'll understand the immense ironic humor in that statement. LoL. I think there isn't an Oiler fan out there who, at least before the trade deadline, and for some, after, that would ever believe a team they were playing against would complain about their goaltending when compared to the Oilers.:woohoo: There was a point in time when I was seriously wondering why the Oilers just didn't pull their goalie for the entire game. (ie: when Conklin let in 4 weak goals in his first 10 or less shots).

Edmonton is used to outshooting their opponents, and still losing their games. I think Detroit has been outshooting Edm every game (not sure on 3rd game, was pretty close), so you can imagine our surprise that we've won 2.

Roli is playing awesome, and he needs to. But it wasn't up until his final 8-10 games that he started to get better. He was pretty awkward in his initial games. He picked the right time to get hot.

In all honesty, this series could easily be 3-0 for either team at this point. I mean, 2 games went into double OT - you don't get much closer than that. Of course, I'm hoping Edmonton takes it in 5, but the probability of 7 games is very high.

Sorry about the sports bar situation. One more reason for you to move, or at least visit Canada. I can just see it now - Canadians have their snowbirds (rich, retired Cdn folks who move to the States in the wintertime and come back up to Canada for the summer), and the Americans will have their hockey fans, (Americans who temporarily relocate to Canada during the playoffs, and return when done). :rofl:

Oh the irony of thinking that there are Americans out there who may be having "illegal Canadian" satellite dishes just to get the games. LoL For those south of the border that don't understand what I just said, you should know that American tv rules and Canadian tv sucks. Many Canadians buy satellite dishes and have them illegally programmed to watch American channels. Even the American channels that are allowed into Canada are usually censored (We may get FOX and NBC, but we don't get to see the cool commercial during the Superbowl - we get boring regular ones from our local station in it's place). One of the few good things I'll say though, is that it would be tough to find any sports bar here that didn't show the hockey games during the playoffs. It would be more of a question of what series they covered if not all of them.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
My Flames gave me a scare, but as long as they play Flames hockey like last night, Anaheim doesn't stand a chance...
Yep. The Flames are built for the playoffs, and Kipper is the best goalie in the league IMO, which is not good news for anyone in their conference. (Nothing taken away from Brodeur who is also arguably the best goalie too).

In my ideal world, Edm would win, Dallas will lose, and Calgary will lose. Since Edm crapped out all season and got last place, we're always going to face the top seeded team. Nashville is the next team on that list that I'd want to play, or San Jose, or Anaheim. :) You can take that as a compliment of respect to your team.

I still believe in my Oilers to upset, and it's not as far fetched as I once thought that Dallas could be upset too, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that the Flames aren't going to advance. As much as I love the Battle of Alberta - I'd still prefer Nashville for obvious reasons.

But at this moment, I'll be extremely happy just to get past the 1st round. Very strong team those Red Wings...and it's far from over.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I think Detroit's record is the most misleading record of any team in the past five years....Almost 40% of their points came against Colombus,St.Louis, and Chicago..I'm not as confident they would have had a 100+ point season in a tougher division..I don't think the Edmonton/Detroit matchup is as much of a David vs. Goliath matchup as everyone is making it out to be.

cromwell

Awards
Personally, I think Detroit's record is the most misleading record of any team in the past five years....Almost 40% of their points came against Colombus,St.Louis, and Chicago..I'm not as confident they would have had a 100+ point season in a tougher division..I don't think the Edmonton/Detroit matchup is as much of a David vs. Goliath matchup as everyone is making it out to be.
St louis? You do have a point, a lot of presidents cup winners end up not going to deep in the playoffs. Detroits big run was in the nineties, yes they are a good team and yes they can turn it on big time but I think this is a very even matchup. I am a Wings fan but I'm realistic. I remember how Philly was touted by Barry Melrose for like 5 freakn' years as a favorite, then he'd fall back on Detroit (Often he was wrong both times!)
This is why I love Hockey! It's a closely matched league for the most part and we're having a fun discussion about it in a friendly manner.....
and no one has brought up how much one player makes, or his arrest record.....Sorry, could'nt resist a shot at the NBA
:icon_lol:
Sunder, good point on the goal tending. Rol's is playing very well, and Detroits always had that in their cup runs..as you said, it's a tight series
BTW: The game will be televised tonight for me......the bartender is trained by me at the gym. So, she can either
a) show the game
b)enjoy tommorows workout consisting of the "San Quintin payback program":rofl:
c)if all else fails I will just fake "roid rage":rofl:
fortunately, I live in one of those alternative rocker neighborhoods and they are all candy asses
Mullet Soldier, good luck on the Calgary game dude:woohoo:
Now let's watch some damn hockey and drink beer damn it
:bow28:

cromwell

Awards
Great playoff game ! I think we will see 7 between the Oilers and Wings! Now I must go gentle into the good night..........damn low carbs

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Flyers are comming back to win the series, Foresberg is so serious.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Avs won 5-2 against Dallas...I hope they can keep this up.
Oh I just saw your aviator umm bobo can you please ban him for that.....AHAHHA I hope Detroit whoops them again!

ClintCanada

Ottawa vs Tampa Bay
Ottawa

Carolina vs Montreal
Carolina

New Jersey vs New York R
New Jersey

Buffalo vs Philedelphia
Phillie

Detroit vs Edmonton
Edmonton

Dallas vs Colorado
Colorado

Calgary vs Anaheim
Calgary

Nashville vs San Jose
San Jose

jecko
Jecko, You're right on with Edmonton, I can't believe how they've stepped it up in the playoffs -- I think they've got it now, being up 3-2 . . . if they can just stay out of the penalty box !!! I'd like to see the Oil take it far !! Its been a while . . .

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Colorado 3, Dallas 2...next up San Jose (I am picking Edmonton, San Jose, and Calgary to win).

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
I'm going to be wearing my 99 Foreberg AV's jersey everyday to work, reguardless of what ramafications it might have(AKA being fired)

:)

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
if the avs end up playing san jose i really hope that theodore can be the difference because the sharks kicked our ass during the regular season and in the playoffs last season. im hoping best case scenario we end up playing the ducks. either way GO AVS!! and GO OILERS!! lol (you'll never hear those words come out of my mouth again)

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I didn't put it in this post, but at other places, I did predict an Oiler victory in 6. :)
Octapi bring good luck, and taste even better.

Congrats to Colorado. I didn't predict you'd win, but I'm loving it.

Attachments

cromwell

Awards
I didn't put it in this post, but at other places, I did predict an Oiler victory in 6. :)
Octapi bring good luck, and taste even better.

Congrats to Colorado. I didn't predict you'd win, but I'm loving it.
Detroit chokes again. It was a really good game none the less and I give Edmonton (esp. in goal!) credit for hanging in an getting the win. They could go far in the playoffs but I think they will have to step it up. They were somewhat dominated in that 2nd period...a more physical team than detroit will make you pay for that. If detroits going to lose, I am just as happy to see a canadian teams advance..you know, like the Nordiques ....oops, I mean Avalanche:icon_lol:
Anyway best of luck to Edmonton. Maybe the Red Wings will do better in the upcoming golf event. God knows they get the practice in.

ClintCanada

The second period was horrible for the Oilers, and with the shots on net close to 15-2 (??) for Detroit, and how slow the Oilers were skating, I thought it was going to game 7 for sure. Pisani's first goal fired them up -- they were transformed into a completely different team -- amazing to watch. To take out Detroit in 6 games was phenominal for the Oilers.
And for the record the Oilers 3rd goal (the one that went to the judges) was cheesey, but TOTALLY legal. I'm not saying it was pretty, but it WASN'T a kick in, OR even a high stick on the way to the net for that matter -- after watching about 15 replays of the event, that was pretty clear.

. . . Oh and Detroit, remember, focus on the short game (the irons) and when on the green always square up & keep your eye on the hole (and use at least SPF 15) :icon_lol:

cromwell

Awards
The second period was horrible for the Oilers, and with the shots on net close to 15-2 (??) for Detroit, and how slow the Oilers were skating, I thought it was going to game 7 for sure. Pisani's first goal fired them up -- they were transformed into a completely different team -- amazing to watch. To take out Detroit in 6 games was phenominal for the Oilers.
And for the record the Oilers 3rd goal (the one that went to the judges) was cheesey, but TOTALLY legal. I'm not saying it was pretty, but it WASN'T a kick in, OR even a high stick on the way to the net for that matter -- after watching about 15 replays of the event, that was pretty clear.

. . . Oh and Detroit, remember, focus on the short game (the irons) and when on the green always square up & keep your eye on the hole (and use at least SPF 15) :icon_lol:
It was a legit goal.....I'm watching the game at a bar with my friend, and there is total silence after the goal. he turns to me and asks me if it's good. I think my response was "Lidstrom should have moved the guy........there's no way you let him sit in front of goal." Response: "What do you mean, he was trying, what else can he do?" Me; " I don't care if you break your ****ing stick cross checking him in the ****ing back, you ****ing MOVE him1"
Sorry, I was a defenseman...and Lidstrom is 10X the player I ever was, probably why he's in the NHL and I'm not, but stuff like that irks me.........I hope your Owner gives Rolofson a bonus because he's the major reason you got to the next level, imo. He just might have one of those unreal runs like JS Giguerre a few years ago...It can't hurt
What's with all the Edomontonians on here....I feel outnumbered:rofl:
anyway ..........good luck in the next series

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Me; " I don't care if you break your ****ing stick cross checking him in the ****ing back, you ****ing MOVE him1"
Sorry, I was a defenseman...and Lidstrom is 10X the player I ever was, probably why he's in the NHL and I'm not, but stuff like that irks me.........I hope your Owner gives Rolofson a bonus because he's the major reason you got to the next level, imo.
We think alike. I get frustrated sometimes thinking to myself, "why did they not just knock that guy's head off?", and "why don't they just charge the net anymore - run over the goalie and take a penalty if you have to", etc. If you're going to get a penalty anyway, you might as make it worth it by hurting the other guy...

But the rules really have changed, and penalties can make or break you so easily now. Plus the refs are so inconsistant with what they call, the d-men are almost afraid to touch the other players at times.

Roloson - yup, give him whatever he wants. Edmonton would not have advanced without him.

Hats off to Steve Yzerman - total class act and tough SOB. He was the first to congratulate the Oiler bench after losing. I also heard that his "upper body injury" was a torn muscle in his ribcage. :box: They just don't make too many players like that anymore.

ClintCanada

I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Montreal last night. I'm not a Montreal fan, but they've got allot of heart . . .
it was a close game, but there can only be 1 winner . . .
Actually you gotta feel bad for the goalie. Game 7, Overtime, and lets in a 58' shot -- I'm thinking he isn't real popular in Quebec right now . . .

cromwell

Awards
We think alike. I get frustrated sometimes thinking to myself, "why did they not just knock that guy's head off?", and "why don't they just charge the net anymore - run over the goalie and take a penalty if you have to", etc. If you're going to get a penalty anyway, you might as make it worth it by hurting the other guy...

But the rules really have changed, and penalties can make or break you so easily now. Plus the refs are so inconsistant with what they call, the d-men are almost afraid to touch the other players at times.

Roloson - yup, give him whatever he wants. Edmonton would not have advanced without him.

Hats off to Steve Yzerman - total class act and tough SOB. He was the first to congratulate the Oiler bench after losing. I also heard that his "upper body injury" was a torn muscle in his ribcage. :box: They just don't make too many players like that anymore.
Great point....Lidstrom really did all he could. Really gritty effort from edmonton...more penalties would'nt have helped.
Nice to see someone rep Yzerman:hammer: he's the man!
Anyway...between current and transplanted teams, we've got quite a Canadian affair going on! Bet Don Cherry's happy.:drunk:

IainDaniel

Awards
Jecko29 6
IainDaniel 6
somewhatgifted 5
Spectre32 5
Sunder 4
Cromwell 2

IainDaniel

Awards
Alrighty next round. Who would have thought the top 4 teams in the west would be gone.

Ottawa vs Buffalo
Carolina vs New Jersey
San Jose vs Edmonton
Anaheim vs Colorado

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Sports Talk 56
Marcus ATW Sports Talk 21