100 points for Crosby

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
yes folks i took of one day studying for my finals to witness histiry when Sid racked up 100 points
that was by far the best game i have ever seen the pens play since mario retired. I was hoping for another 1-3 point to put in in contention with ovechkin, but neverthe less i am proud to be a pens fan.... reguardless of my choice of the flyers in the play offs.

IainDaniel

Awards
Crosby is two years younger then Ovechkin. should they take that into consideration when they vote for Rookie of the year?

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Well I would assume so, but as of late there is alot of news flying back and forth between this matter. I'm not sure who will win it cause there head to head match ups, are terrible. Crosby does way more in terms of ovechkin, hes more of a play maker with well over 60% of his points comming from assists and such.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I would assume so, but as of late there is alot of news flying back and forth between this matter. I'm not sure who will win it cause there head to head match ups, are terrible. Crosby does way more in terms of ovechkin, hes more of a play maker with well over 60% of his points comming from assists and such.
It will not be a factor considering there was not a season last year. Ovechkin is the more dominant player right now and he will probably be between 50-70 goals every year for a decade. I am not saying that Crosby will not be dominant, but Ovechkin already is.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Yeah well i'd also say that the capitsal team strucutre is a bit different then the penguins. Ovechkin is a one man team, the penguins have a little bit more of a combination of people to use ot rack up goals. Not just dump it to ovechkin and lets thigns fall where they go. Ther eno doubt he might be slightly better than crosby in terms of skills, but i think that is slightly b/c of the age difference. Persoanly there both extraodinary players and from me being from pittsburgh I would liek to see crosby get the calder.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
It will not be a factor considering there was not a season last year. Ovechkin is the more dominant player right now and he will probably be between 50-70 goals every year for a decade. I am not saying that Crosby will not be dominant, but Ovechkin already is.
Valid points, but I would say that Sid is already a dominant player in the NHL. Both are very dominant and can change the outcome of games as rookies. I wouldn't say that one is more dominant than the other right now but they both will be fun to watch for the years to come.

On another note, Reps for you as an Avalanche fan :D Think Theodore can take 'em to the finals ???

jecko

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Valid points, but I would say that Sid is already a dominant player in the NHL. Both are very dominant and can change the outcome of games as rookies. I wouldn't say that one is more dominant than the other right now but they both will be fun to watch for the years to come.

On another note, Reps for you as an Avalanche fan :D Think Theodore can take 'em to the finals ???

jecko
Only if it suddenly becomes 2003 again...but then again anything can happen in the playoffs. I would like Sakic and Blake to get another cup before they retire.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Only if it suddenly becomes 2003 again...but then again anything can happen in the playoffs. I would like Sakic and Blake to get another cup before they retire.

Couldn't agree more.....I'm just hoping that history will repeat itself....the whole getting a Montreal goalie thing.....:icon_lol:

jecko

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
lol Roy that was pickup of a lifetime... Man i do wish i could go back in time..i could throw a football over those mountians....lol

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
A bit off topic but Sakic has said he would like to play in the next olympics in Vancouver in 2010 because it's in his home town. So, I hope they win 5 more cups before he retires lol. GO AVS!! As for Crosby, 100 points as a rookie is definitely a feat. They all but gave him rookie of the year before the season but I dont kno how you can deny what Ovechkin has done all by himself. I think it matters more that AO has done it by him self since everybody knows to look for him and only him.