Almost that time of the year!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Almost that time of the year!!

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Almost that time of the year!!

My favorite time of year is almost here...PLAYOFFS. The race out west should be very interesting. If San Jose gets in the playoffs, they could easily make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. As long as Detroit or Dallas do not win the cup, I will be happy.

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Word to that, I hate them both...It is pretty tight out west, especially the Northwest considering Edmonton, Colorado, Calgary and Vancouver most likely will make the playoffs..
  3. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    My favorite time of year is almost here...PLAYOFFS. The race out west should be very interesting. If San Jose gets in the playoffs, they could easily make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. As long as Detroit or Dallas do not win the cup, I will be happy.
    Disagree on SJ, absolutely agree on Det and Dallas.

Alas my kings have given up, gotten one of the NHLs best coaches fired, and look AWFUL. I hate hockey.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uhockey
    Disagree on SJ, absolutely agree on Det and Dallas.

Alas my kings have given up, gotten one of the NHLs best coaches fired, and look AWFUL. I hate hockey.
    San Jose is streaking in the most important part of the year. They have experience, a great goaltender, 2 top centers, and a big defense. Don't forget that they made it to Game 7 of the Western Finals last season.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Answers

the hottest team in the west is anaheim. never thought theyd be a threat but theyve come on. but i agree, to hell with detroit and dallas. the northwest division is nuts, im pulling my hair out with how inconsistent my avs are. theyre either 2 points outta first or 2 points from missing the playoffs entirely.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I agree with Rodja in that if San Jose makes the show, they can do very well...But, I have to come back to my flames. Although they are offensively challenged a majority of the time, their home ice GAA is very, very low. Barring a setback in the next two weeks they will have home ice advantage against their first round opponent which doesn't fare well for whoever that may be. Also, though teams may beat Calgary on a given night, I think it is fair to say their are the most physically demanding team to play against, and playing them that many times in such a short period makes it very difficult.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Answers

IMO, the Flames will represent the West in the finals. As long as the Kipper plays well, they are solid at both ends of the ice.

Anaheim looks good too.....and I can't figure out why.

In the East......who the hell knows? So inconsistent......NJ is looking awesome suddenly, so is Florida. Why? Because of goaltending.

As usual, the playoffs will hinge on whoever gets that one goalie that plays out of his skull for 16 games. Tough to bet against Marty, even if his team isn't top notch.
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I agree..The Flames live and die by Kipper/their defence..When him/it is impeccable they only need one to two goals to beat you. And I totally agree, Calgary should rep the west in the finals..I just can't see any of the teams in the west consistently bringing enough physicality to compete with Calgary possibly 7 games in a row.
  9. New Member
    Answers

Agree on San Jose... ever since they picked up Thorton, they have one of the better records in Hockey. Right now they are in the 8th spot with 2 games in-hand to play over Vancouver. They also have a home and home coming up with Vacnouver which will be crucial for both teams playoff hopes.

As much as I hate to say this..... and yes they still have to prove they are a playoff team. I think Ottawa will be the team to beat. I know really out on a limb there
  10. New Member
    Answers

Yea, I am def pumped for the playoffs, any see the flyers rangers game last nigth, that was a great game even though the flyguys lost.
  11. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CDONDICI
    Yea, I am def pumped for the playoffs, any see the flyers rangers game last nigth, that was a great game even though the flyguys lost.
    That was an awesome game. Unfortunately its only a matter of time before my Rangers fold and break my heart.
  12. New Member
    Answers

My Devils are on a tear, peaking at just the right time (although Brodeur could be a little better). They're 8-2 in their last 10 against the top 8 teams in the East. That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh yeah, and the Rangers will choke. Would be very surprised if they make it out of he first round. Jagr will try to do too much and the team will suffer. The playoffs are about an entire team giving 110% every night, not watching a superstar try and run the game on his own.
  13. New Member
    Answers

Yea the rangers had a good season, but I really don't see them doing much in the playoffs.

Although It looks like it could be anyone, flyers, canes, sens, devils, buffalo, rangers, they all seem like any could beat any on a good day.

I haven't really seen much of the west, but according to total pts east and west are fairly even.
  14. Senior Member
    Answers

I'm another flames fan, and look forward to what hopefully is another long playoff run. I agree on the fact they are seriously offensively challenged, but considering they more or less play a playoff style of hockey year round, that shouldn't affect them too much come playoff time. It'd be nice if they could get everybody on the blueline healthy for a change though.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky82
    My Devils are on a tear, peaking at just the right time (although Brodeur could be a little better). They're 8-2 in their last 10 against the top 8 teams in the East. That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh yeah, and the Rangers will choke. Would be very surprised if they make it out of he first round. Jagr will try to do too much and the team will suffer. The playoffs are about an entire team giving 110% every night, not watching a superstar try and run the game on his own.
    Seriously, looking around at the teams that will be in the playoffs this year...how can ANYONE bet against Brodeur? Sure, NJ isn't the best team in the league, but then again neither was Anaheim with Giguere the year they made a run for the cup......and Brodeur is a hell of a lot better and more proven that "giggy."
  16. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uhockey
    Seriously, looking around at the teams that will be in the playoffs this year...how can ANYONE bet against Brodeur? Sure, NJ isn't the best team in the league, but then again neither was Anaheim with Giguere the year they made a run for the cup......and Brodeur is a hell of a lot better and more proven that "giggy."
    Being a die hard devils fan all my life, believe me nothing helps me sleep at night more at this time of year than knowing that no matter what happens, Marty will be between the pipes...However, with playoff hockey it doesnt matter who's the best goalie, it's who's playing out of their mind at that specific time. My only worry in the east is Lundqvist playing as he has all year. In fact, I'm pretty certain he'll play well, but he'll let in a few soft goals and send the rangers home in the first or 2nd round. I dont care how many olympic medals or world junior championships, or Frozen Four appearances you have, NOTHING prepares you for the NHL playoffs. You're either ready or you're not.

That being said, I'll be the first to say that the Devils havent had their best year, and the offense has looked rather impotent, but they've won their last 6-7 games and are peaking at just the right time.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Answers

My Kings threw their season away when they picked up Roenick, didn't trade Avery, and fired Murray. I'll take a Devils win quite happily. The west is dead to me outside of Calgary. Philly, Ottawa, or NJ would all be acceptable in the East.

If the Canes or Sabers make the finals I'll simply be content not to watch. Same with Detroit, Anaheim, and Dallas out West.
  18. New Member
    Answers

Carolina and NY Rangers could bring some upsets this year.. Ottawa should be ok if Hasek stays healthy. Detroit and Dallas should be the teams to beat in the west although i wouldnt count out Calgary. I dont see the Avs, Oilers or Canucks doing much.. Anaheim could bring an upset as could San Jose but i dont see either one going all the way.
  19. New Member
    Answers

Well consider i'm a pens fan and i hate that ***got jagar(but god do i respect him) i will be rooting for my other Penna team... the flyers.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Calgary or Dallas for the West. (and I should note that I hate them both)

For the regular season and by talent, Dallas is the best in the West, but Calgary is built for the playoffs, so it should be interesting.

Detroit is severly overrated and is in one of the weakest divisions in the league. Minnesota, while being dead last in the NW division, would be in 3rd if they were in Detroit's division (Central), and that's 13 points ahead of of Columbus, who's currently in 3rd in the Central.

If Detroit plays Edmonton (where they're sitting right now), I would bet Detroit doesn't get past the 1st round. Edmonton is also currently winning the series against Detroit, although the Oilers are sucking lately - they do have the potential to be spoilers. (They were voted 2nd by the players of teams they do not want to play against, 1st going to New Jersey).

Carolina for the East. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo somehow pulls an underdog though - they have some good grit.

Ottawa should do well on paper, but Hasek is starting to have problems - I sadly predict they will fold.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tren & test its that time of year again
    By Boomer3 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 01:40 PM
  2. That time of year - new goals / new routine!
    By willowUK in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
  3. It's that time of year again....
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM
  4. Best time of the day to hit iron?
    By Zavijava in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
  5. what time of the day m1t