Free Agency

az2u

Awards
Redskins are making some moves. Picked up wide receivers Randle El and Brandon Llyod. Cardinals signed Edgerrin James. The 49ers weren't able to sign any of the top free agent receivers they were looking at while losing their top receiver(Lloyd) from last year to the Redskins. 49ers can't afford to sit on the sidelines.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
My beloved browns are doing pretty well too. Lecharles bentley, ted washington, kevin schaffer, joe jerivicious, dave zastudil, and karimba edwards(in progress). I was hoping to get Lavar Arrington but that looks like a nogo.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Bro don't get me started on the 49ers and their dead beat front office, I want to go in there and ask why the hell they keep doing this sh!t ? It's really annoying, they're starting to become the Bengals of the 90's. Brandon Lloyd wasn't even that good to begin with, but where's the backup plan ? Are Rashaun Woods, Arnez Battle, and Derrick Hamilton the backup plan ? They got a lot of money now so they can't pull this "we're over the cap next year" rhetoric that John York has used as an excuse for being the cheapest bastard in the NFL.

Hell, we may not beat the Cardinals anymore, they're getting better !

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the niners haven't made sense in a while. I can relate to how frustrating that is , being a cleveland fan.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Bro don't get me started on the 49ers and their dead beat front office, I want to go in there and ask why the hell they keep doing this sh!t ? It's really annoying, they're starting to become the Bengals of the 90's. Brandon Lloyd wasn't even that good to begin with, but where's the backup plan ? Are Rashaun Woods, Arnez Battle, and Derrick Hamilton the backup plan ? They got a lot of money now so they can't pull this "we're over the cap next year" rhetoric that John York has used as an excuse for being the cheapest bastard in the NFL.

Hell, we may not beat the Cardinals anymore, they're getting better !
Nolan said something about the 'Skins going after two of their guys. He said the he thought it was funny that people wanted guys from a team that was ranked 32 on both sides of the ball.

And while I am glad they signed two very good recivers, I think they need help in a few other areas. For one they could use a guard and a center. They had some trouble running the ball last year. They would have agreat game on the ground, then the next game would have very little yards. Another DT would be great. Plus they need some help in the safety area.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the Skins would be better off with a good running game, especially because they have some stiff competition in the NFC East. If Brandon Lloyd gives you guys 1,000 yards I'll be surprised, he will make some sportscenter highlights though.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the niners haven't made sense in a while. I can relate to how frustrating that is , being a cleveland fan.
Exactly, it's "not making sense part" that's very frustrating. I know teams go through their ups and downs and it's normal to eventually have a downfall after being good for like 20 years straight but the NFL is set up to help teams at the very bottom become competitive rather quickly. York hasn't even offered contracts to Derek Smith, Julian Peterson, or Andre Carter. Those are the only 3 guys worth keeping from the group of free agents they have and they haven't even talked to them :wtf:

I'm not a huge Peterson fan, but there aren't any better OLB's out there and the other alternative is Saleem Rasheed who is listed at 225 but looks 210 soaked and wet. Derek Smith is a beast, he's very underrated, they can't let him go. Andre Carter is alright, he just needs to better against the run. Carter is the only true DE that can get to the QB consistently so they can't let him go unless they draft Mario Williams.

az2u

Awards
The 49ers signed Smith to a 3 year contract last week. WR Antonio Bryant signed a 4 yr $15 million contract w/a $5 million bonus w/the 49ers today.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The 49ers signed Smith to a 3 year contract last week. WR Antonio Bryant signed a 4 yr $15 million contract w/a $5 million bonus w/the 49ers today.
I like the Smith signing, he's needed. I don't know about Bryant ain't exactly the guy in my avatar but he's an improvement over Lloyd

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I like the Smith signing, he's needed. I don't know about Bryant ain't exactly the guy in my avatar but he's an improvement over Lloyd
Bryant should do ok if he keeps his attitude in check. He had over 1000 yards receiving for us last year, but the problem was he had some very KEY drops, which stuck in alot of minds. I wish we had kept him.

Kato

Awards
randle el is should feel like he's just won the lotto. cuz no way in hell he's worth that much. one of the most overated players in the league!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
randle el is should feel like he's just won the lotto. cuz no way in hell he's worth that much. one of the most overated players in the league!
Thats what I am scared of:run: .

az2u

Awards
How are the Redskins able to sign so many free agents? I thought they had cap problems.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
How are the Redskins able to sign so many free agents? I thought they had cap problems.
Part of it is that they have converted about $13mil in roster bonuses into signing bonuses which will free up about $10 mil more in cap room.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The local news last night reported that the 'Skins have just commited about 100 million to all these free agents.
:run:

Still wold have liked to see a center/guard and a D linemen in there.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Edge in Arizona... worst move in the history of the NFL.

**** bud, give your head a shake. Good luck ever seeing a Divisional Championship game again and definitely no superbowl visit for you.

I guess things really don't change huh.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
daunte culpepper to the dolphins for a 2nd. and drew brees to the saints for 6 years. this off season is crazy

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
daunte culpepper to the dolphins for a 2nd. and drew brees to the saints for 6 years. this off season is crazy
Yeah, the Brees signing surprised me because it seemed as if they were a lock for Matt Leinart and would play him immediately, they may still draft Leinart but scratch the plan where he plays immediately.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
According to ESPN's John Clayton 49ers have re-signed LB Brandon Moore to a five-year, $8 million contract. Nolan sounds optimistic about re-signing Peterson.
http://49ersnews.blogsome.com/
Moore isn't worth that much unless they plan on moving him to OLB and letting Andre Carter walk away, which means you better believe they want Mario Williams. I'd be really happy if Williams or Ferguson are available for the 49ers at their draft spot but that's not very likely.

I also wonder what they're going to do with Ahmed Plummer or Mike Rumph because there's a lot of speculation that they're going after Huff if Williams or Ferguson aren't available. He's a safety, but there have been indications they may want him at corner.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Definitely agree with this. I don't underrstand what they were thinking when they gave him that much $$$. I'll be surprised if he starts every game split out wide.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Definitely agree with this. I don't underrstand what they were thinking when they gave him that much $$$. I'll be surprised if he starts every game split out wide.
In the Post they wrote that Gibbs told Patton and Thrash that they were going to still be needed..esp over the middle. Gibbs said he wants it to be like Monk and Sauders days. A group effort at wideout.

az2u

Awards
Moore isn't worth that much unless they plan on moving him to OLB and letting Andre Carter walk away, which means you better believe they want Mario Williams. I'd be really happy if Williams or Ferguson are available for the 49ers at their draft spot but that's not very likely.

I also wonder what they're going to do with Ahmed Plummer or Mike Rumph because there's a lot of speculation that they're going after Huff if Williams or Ferguson aren't available. He's a safety, but there have been indications they may want him at corner.
Plummer was waived by the 49ers. Huff or Vernon Davis would be a good pick.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mcginest is visiting cleveland right now. Man this could be the start of something great. It is so good to see them doing something with the o line and defense. I hope we get mcginest. Damn I am so excited about my browns. We need a superbowl or a decent playoff run very badly here.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Mcginest is visiting cleveland right now. Man this could be the start of something great. It is so good to see them doing something with the o line and defense. I hope we get mcginest. Damn I am so excited about my browns. We need a superbowl or a decent playoff run very badly here.
Yeah this is a really exciting time for browns fans. We FINALLY have done something to legitimately help the O line for more than a single year. Now we just need a couple of linebackers. Davis and thompson are solid, but we need a star. I was really hoping for arrington. Even if we get mcginnest, we need a guy to solidify the position for a few years. If I had my choice we would trade up and get hawks. I'd say package faine and try to get new orleans pick(thay need a center now that we got theirs:D ). And they should be looking to trade down now. This of course is a major pipe dream.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hawk would be such an awesome pick bro but I don't think it will happen. Our team is starting to look pretty damn solid. It should be a very interesting year at least. I love how four of these guys are hometown boys. That is awesome.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm just dreaming about hawk, but on a good note, we just signed mcginnest to a 3 year deal!

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Browns got Mcginnest. I cannot wait for this season. The steelers lost one of their key defensive players yesterday as well. The guy that messed up Palmers knee in the playoffs.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Plummer was waived by the 49ers. Huff or Vernon Davis would be a good pick.
That was good riddance IMO. I can't recall the last time Plummer played half the season. I'm thinking it would be great to go with Davis if Mario Williams is gone by then. Alex Smith needs weapons and Eric Johnson been injury plagued the last 3 seasons. I'd skip on Huff right now because they got Walt Harris and Mike Rumph would make a good safety next year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
In case all of you 49ers fans didn't notice, we just got Larry Allen, best signing they've had in a long time. This guy is a freakin animal, I can see them moving him to left tackle if necessary. At least Alex Smith will have .2 more seconds to get rid of the ball this year.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Whatever happens now I'll be happy, I'm a cowboys fan and while I was sad to see him leave I will always remember him as a truly great player. that being said, we just went from having the crappiest kicker in the NFL to the best of all time so I am very happy. :woohoo:
Oh and eagles fans get ready for a whole lot of this when you face the boys. :nutkick:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Whatever happens now I'll be happy, I'm a cowboys fan and while I was sad to see him leave I will always remember him as a truly great player. that being said, we just went from having the crappiest kicker in the NFL to the best of all time so I am very happy. :woohoo:
Oh and eagles fans get ready for a whole lot of this when you face the boys. :nutkick:
Best of all time in a dome! Wait till he kicks in Nov./Dec. on the East coast.:run:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
In case all of you 49ers fans didn't notice, we just got Larry Allen, best signing they've had in a long time. This guy is a freakin animal, I can see them moving him to left tackle if necessary. At least Alex Smith will have .2 more seconds to get rid of the ball this year.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ****. I turn my head for five seconds and the 'skins drop the ball. Damn, I wanted this guy!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:frustrate

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ****. I turn my head for five seconds and the 'skins drop the ball. Damn, I wanted this guy!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:frustrate
Hopefully Brandon Lloyd will be some consolation for you :icon_lol:

Vegas Lord

Awards
Didnt read past Cardinals as they made the best move that will get them in the playoffs this season... Edgerin James is matched with a top 10 defense lead by the best safety in the league Adrian Wilson. If any of you dont know how good Adrian Wilson is ( go ask sombody in Arizona). The guy weighs over 230lbs ripped at 6-3. Wilson knocked out 3 starting QBs well over 100 tackles and at least 4 picks as well racked up 8 sacks last season..........by a SAFETY!!
I'm not a Cardinal fan but this kid is absolutly a freak at the safety position!!!

Anyways, the Edge was the only piece missing that the Cardinals needed. Qbs have it hard no matter the team, but a superstar runningback on a really good defensive ball club will produce wins.