My thoughts on my beloved Mapleleafs

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39%

My thoughts on my beloved Mapleleafs

Toronto maple leafs is becoming a JOKE....!!

I knew at the beginning of the season that the leafs would have a long tough haul to be anywhere competitive this year and it took a few month's to rear it ugly head. its here, reality has smacked all of us leaf fans right in the yap...the leafs are a big slow team with an old goalie, below average defense and a wide array of useless forwards...then to add to our misfortunes...we have a team of selfish S.O.B's who continually take bad penalties that further hurt the leafs chances at winning, so I guess what bothers me the most. Itís not really the losing but the ineffectiveness of our GM. or the transparency of him...where the h3ll is this guy and why is it that as of march 3rd he has done nothing to try and make this team better..?? Like the guys on TV say. Trading won't be easy but if you try hard enough there are trades to be made...so here we sit, watching the leafs spiral into the basement one game at a time...
    Iím not a Quinn basher but his time has come and gone...for the simple reason that he continually changes the lines game in and game out...talk about no chemistry. How the h3ll could anyone bond with line mates when they change every night...? To sum it up...this team is in a real mess and it truly is an embarrassment, this whole situation reeks of Harold Ballard...

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

My views:

1. John Ferguson has got to go.
    2. Quinn can't motivate anymore but is a hell of a GM (solves #1)
    3. Marlies Coach Paul Maurice.....welcome back to the show
    4. Gotta Go: Belfour, Lindros, Antropov, Berg, Domi, Belak

what do you think ???

jecko
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39%

Re: My thoughts on my beloved MapleleafsMapleleafs

[QUOTE=jecko29]My views:

3. MarliesMarlies Coach Paul Maurice.....welcome back to the show
    4. GotBelfourBelfourLindrosAntrop ovLindrosDomiAntropovBelakDomi , Antropov, BerjeckoDomijecko, Belak

what do you think a nother

jeckoTE]

It's funny you ask that I post another thread about this topic

Post this from musclemaniax.com web page its easier just to post the same one again then write it all over again.

I think your right but let's just hope they squeak in I do think it's time to start rebuilding though.

Here is my thought on what Toronto should do! "JFJ" should trade Belfour, Allison, Berg, Domi, Klee, Khavanov...man I think the list could go on and on.

But what you have got to understand whether the leafs are in playoff contention or not I really think JFJ should try to build up picks and prospects because it is time to start rebuilding instead of trading away our future for a quick fix.

(Which has never helped us in the playoffs). JFJ needs to dump as much salary as he can so he can build a stronger team in the off season.

CC
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.43%

Quote Originally Posted by jecko29
    My views:

No, Ferguson has his hands tied part of being involved in MLSE. He is new on the Job and is in a position where he listens to his superiors. Not saying in a year or two that shouldn't change.

I agree I am not even sure about him as a GM, his has this good old boy mentallity, and refuses to develop prospects, something the leafs have been horrible at for decades

3. Marlies Coach Paul Maurice.....welcome back to the show
    Sure don't think it really matters... the owners metal too much in the affairs of the team to really make a difference in who ends up as the coach
    4. Gotta Go: Belfour, Lindros, Antropov, Berg, Domi, Belak

what do you think ???
    I agree and throw Sundin in there too. I am not saying that Sundin is a bad player, but he has had a chance to make this team his, and they have gone no where. I would just blow up the team except for the youngins and start again. It has been almost 40 years heck I can wait a little longer.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

Luc Richardson.......all I can say is This guy was great in '89 when he took the body like a maniac but geez I didn't even know he was still playing Well, we're ready for the playoff run now aren't we.

jecko
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39%

I personally think they will never give up Sundin, he has been with the Leafs through thick and thin. Never complained about his salary, never complained when they went into a little bit of a re-building stage back in 95.

Never complained about not having the right players, never really said they should get him and him and him, go all out spend 200 mill for players. He is a true leader on this club. He has shown nothing but respect for the Leafs.

I would think the Leafs would turn around and show nothing but respect for him by not trading him..

At least I hope they show respect towards the guy..
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.43%

That is fine and dandy and all. But this is a business and although Sundin has done a respectable job, they have failed to win. Like it or not he has had his chance to make this team a winner. It is time to blow this team up (including Sundin) and figure out a new way to get a winning squad.

Here is a question. How come one of the most traditioned teams in the NHL has never had the top player in the league?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    That is fine and dandy and all. But this is a business and although Sundin has done a respectable job, they have failed to win. Like it or not he has had his chance to make this team a winner. It is time to blow this team up (including Sundin) and figure out a new way to get a winning squad.

Here is a question. How come one of the most traditioned teams in the NHL has never had the top player in the league?
    Like what? Do you mean a Hart trophy winner ??

jecko
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.43%

Just the Best player in the league.

Sundin is a good player, but he is not the upper echelon of the league. When was the last time they had a player that was even just upper echelon
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

I would consider Mats upper echelon, same with Gilmour back in the day....and don't forget the Ballard years, even though they sucked bad Vaive and Leeman were in the tops for scoring...

jecko
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.43%

I guess we differ in opinions. I am not saying Mats isn't a good player. But he doesn't compete on the same level as the elite players of the NHL.

Ah, the Ballard years, looks like nothing much has changed with the Toronto Teachers Pension fund in place. All the care about is the bottom line. Who needs to win the cup as long as the bucks are coming in.

In the end something needs to be done with this team, they have been supposedly one step away from the cup for years. Obviously something isn't right.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    I guess we differ in opinions. I am not saying Mats isn't a good player. But he doesn't compete on the same level as the elite players of the NHL.

Ah, the Ballard years, looks like nothing much has changed with the Toronto Teachers Pension fund in place. All the care about is the bottom line. Who needs to win the cup as long as the bucks are coming in.

In the end something needs to be done with this team, they have been supposedly one step away from the cup for years. Obviously something isn't right.
    Couldn't agree more but I think unless someone buys the team who has a passion for winning we will be relegated to cheering for the almost there squad forever

jecko
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.43%

Another prime performance by the Maple Laughs last night....
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

Saturday's game vs Montreal was absolutely pathetic......I was embarassed for them at the end of the game.....oh well hopefully them missing the playoffs will be a sign that there needs to be a change regarding player personnel.

jecko
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I have to ring on this one....

Truth be told I'm a Montreal fan but I really hope the Leafs can turn it around quickly. As you mentioned, the last game vs. the Habs was pathetic. There's no better hockey game all season then Montreal vs. Toronto on a Saturday night. Even when the teams are bad the game usually has more intensity then half of the games played around the league.

I don't follow the Leafs very closely but I think changing coaches was the right thing to do. Quinn is a great hockey guy but he's worn out his welcome as coach of the Leafs for now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 11:33 PM
  2. my thoughts on m1t
    By easternwind in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 06:12 PM
  3. What are yalls thoughts on my cycle?
    By anabolicgiraffe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
  4. thoughts on my PCT please...