Anybody ride?

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As the title says anybody out there do any snowmobiling or snowmachining (as we call it up here).?

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
As the title says anybody out there do any snowmobiling or snowmachining (as we call it up here).?
Yeah, I just got back from Pittsburg/Errol NH this week..... Put on 400 miles in four days... First time out this year. We've had a sh**y winter so far for riding. I ride a 2003 Firecat F-5.
http://www.hardcoresledder.com is a great site... My user name is jimsgtx.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
right on 400 miles in 4 days thats pretty good, We have some outstanding riding here on the southern Kenaii Penninsula, We have a ton of snow this year and it is spectacular right now. mile after mile of open rolling bowls and cornices. Check out Turnagain Hardcore 5 pretty amazing stuff from the boys from Anchorage. I ride a 2000 700 RMK with some goodies added on, I am actually going to go pick up a 04 Viper that a customer of mine won in a contest and he wants to trade it to me for a few years of plowing. Sweet deal!!!! Have fun.:cheers:

A

az2u

Awards
I can't believe how many people are killed each year on snowmobiles due to alcohol.

G

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
I stay on 2 wheels...sometimes one...not a cold weather guy but i got some guys around here that are realy into the snowmobiles...they got some kick... we got allot of lakes to ride on around here

P

ProFlyer

Awards
I stay on 2 wheels...sometimes one...not a cold weather guy but i got some guys around here that are realy into the snowmobiles...they got some kick... we got allot of lakes to ride on around here
I'm with ya, keep it up on one! I like riding something when it's +40 out, not the other way, of course it doesn't snow much in tulsa...

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe no one will see this but had to report that we are still riding up here in Alaska. Sleds that is. up in the mountains. gotta do a little brush thrashing but the snow is still great above treeline. One of the guys i ride with has been consistently pulling off world record distance backflips. Some of the most amazing things you'll ever see. I'll get some pics and post them. Check out Daneferguson.com.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its that time again, time to get out the gear check everything and get ready to shred. Our freestyle group here in Homer will be conducting extreme adventures riding here and up north with some of the best pro freestylers in the world. Check out thebluefish.com in a few weeks for the Ak Adventure it will be spendy though. the meek need not apply.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
I'd buy a sled if we got enough snow to use the damned thing. As it is, I only got to use my XC skis once last year.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I'd buy a sled if we got enough snow to use the damned thing. As it is, I only got to use my XC skis once last year.

We had the same problem here in New England last year..... Only got to ride for 4 days in Errol NH.... All the snow was at the tip of Maine... 9-10 hours away.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I like too snowmobile. i have three sleds, nothing fancy but my wife and i have fun doing it.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It just started snowing a bit around here, looking forward to it of course, have to break in my new 800 renegade. snow forcasted for thursday!

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
It just started snowing a bit around here, looking forward to it of course, have to break in my new 800 renegade. snow forcasted for thursday!
Lucky bastard...... :mad: :( :sad: :aargh: :rasp: Just kidding....... Have fun :thumbsup:

D

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude is the Bush factory ,or is it Bush Company still open. I spent about 3mths up there in 99 and had a blast.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bush Company definitley still open. All I can say on that subject.

D

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man hows that fishin in the Russian river right now. Show be sweet. It must be daylight till what like 10 this time of the year? Man where do you train up there . They used to have this chick up there ( cant remember her name ) I think it began with a T but she was thick as Hell and Didnt Chris Cook train around there could be wrong?

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I live in Homer south of Anchorage about 200 miles. We have a club here in Homer that I go to when I have time. My various jobs are super physical so I don't get in to much lately. We will be riding in a few weeks and than it is as much as I can possibly ride, 4-6 hrs of free riding and freestyle everyday and who needs to lift? Fishing on the Kenai and Russian are great right now for late silvers and steelhead. Trolling for winter kings out in the bay is always a blast as well. I commercial fish so i don't sport fish all that much, I'd rather fish with a net than a pole! Not light till 10 now it gets dark by 5 ish now with DST. I seem to recall something about Cook training up here in the past with 300,000 people in Anchorage there are to many to keep track of.

D

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I live in Homer south of Anchorage about 200 miles. We have a club here in Homer that I go to when I have time. My various jobs are super physical so I don't get in to much lately. We will be riding in a few weeks and than it is as much as I can possibly ride, 4-6 hrs of free riding and freestyle everyday and who needs to lift? Fishing on the Kenai and Russian are great right now for late silvers and steelhead. Trolling for winter kings out in the bay is always a blast as well. I commercial fish so i don't sport fish all that much, I'd rather fish with a net than a pole! Not light till 10 now it gets dark by 5 ish now with DST. I seem to recall something about Cook training up here in the past with 300,000 people in Anchorage there are to many to keep track of.
Yeah he was supposed to have trained in kenai , thats where I stayed . i was working in Tesero refinery

2RIIPPED

Awards
One of my buddies grew up there, and just moved back to have a baby so he could get medical coverage. I believe he lives in Delta Junction, not sure where that is compared to you. But I just talked to him and he said they've got like 6 inches on the ground. He hangs out with a bunch of people that make sick "snowmachining" vids. He showed me a bunch of them online and you guys up in AK are serious about your ****. I might be heading up to get a piece of that open terrain soon, It looks insane.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I went to school in Kenai for a while before I bagged it and went crabbing. Kenai is anywhere USA not much uniqueness like Homer. It is pouring down rain at the moment no riding for a while i guess.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One of my buddies grew up there, and just moved back to have a baby so he could get medical coverage. I believe he lives in Delta Junction, not sure where that is compared to you. But I just talked to him and he said they've got like 6 inches on the ground. He hangs out with a bunch of people that make sick "snowmachining" vids. He showed me a bunch of them online and you guys up in AK are serious about your ****. I might be heading up to get a piece of that open terrain soon, It looks insane.
Some of my friends went to Delta a few months ago to shoot some video of a guy up there who backflips his quad. Joe I think his name is.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Winter X games will have freestyle snowmobiling for the first time as a competition. At least 2 guys from Alaska will be going to Minnesota to qualify in January. Should be one to watch.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
snow..whats that?

I think we had snow here in mississippi aboutu 3 years ago..
Would love to snowmobile though.. We do the four wheelers aroud here.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just got a 12 " dump last night. still not enough to go shred but every little bit helps.