McNabb's Comments on ESPN

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
What did you guys think about this? IMO, the eagles and Mcnabb are just trying to find someone to put the fault on for why they are losing and in reality, they need to look at themselves in the mirror.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I've been saying it all year. TO will be TO; he's always been that way. McNabb is JUST AS MUCH at fault; as is the Eagles organization.

Your WR is almost always going to be a greedy whining bitch. They want the ball in their hands because they want to win. They all believe they are the best player. Its a winning attitude that DOES have its own shortcomings; which have been very well demonstrated.

The eagles gave no bigger contracts nor bonuses to TO after he risked his career by coming back to play in the superbowl with a screwed up limb. I completely understand his attitude before his deactivation for not wanting to risk hurting himself. (afterall the Eagles didnt show their appreciation when he DID risk himself, nor when he set that record this year).

Its media demonization. Same **** that goes on with steroids; and the same **** they tried on Jose Canseco (until he turned out to be RIGHT)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
``It is different to say, if we had Michael Vick, or if you said if we had Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Aaron Brooks, Byron Leftwich. But to go straight to Brett Favre, that just kind of slapped me on the face.'' -- McNabb http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13770771.htm

Donovan McNabb just officially entered my "NFL Douche Bags" list.

Calls TO out for "black-on-black crime" for saying he'd prefer Favre over McNabb (calling on the white QB v black QB race card...coming from a black WR?), then proceeds to say that's a slap in the face, but if the replacement were one of five black QB's it would have been okay? WTF is up with that? So, there are blacks who can replace him, just not whites...right? And I love how beloved McNabb doesn't even get the slightest bit of criticism for it.

What a douche...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
``It is different to say, if we had Michael Vick, or if you said if we had Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Aaron Brooks, Byron Leftwich. But to go straight to Brett Favre, that just kind of slapped me on the face.'' -- McNabb http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13770771.htm

Calls TO out for "black-on-black crime" for saying he'd prefer Favre over McNabb (calling on the white QB v black QB race card...coming from a black WR?), then proceeds to say that's a slap in the face, but if the replacement were one of five black QB's it would have been okay? WTF is up with that? So, there are blacks who can replace him, just not whites...right? And I love how beloved McNabb doesn't even get the slightest bit of criticism for it.

What a douche...
I agree. But as for TO, saying that "TO is TO and thats just how he is" is lame. There are how many WR in the NFL that don't pull his ****. That like saying "Bob grabs women's asses all the time, but that just Bob, so its cool."
There should be reprecusions for TO's actions..like never playing another NFL down, forefiting his Eagles pay, and then being sued by the agent that got him into this mess for not paying him. :woohoo: I would cheer that.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I found the comments to to be very informative as to what had happened with the Eagles. Mcnabb said that it started with an incomplete pass against the Giants. TO said he was open and wanted the ball. Great that's what I would want my All-Pro, million dollar 100TD scoring WR to say every play that's why they got him, to stretch the field for the deep ball. I watched all those games in 2004, and if Mcnabb would have been more alert or accurate TO would have caught 100 passes for 20 TDS. Then to bring in the "black" thing...If nothing else it is racisim against Brett Favre to reduce him to just a "white" guy who plays QB. Brett Favre is going to the Hall of Fame and he has a Superbowl ring. I saw that interview with Irving-the gist was really about the fact that Mcnabb was hurt and Favre was playing out his string with a loser. Irvin said maybe it would be nice to see Favre finish his career with a contender, considering that Mcnabb was playing with an injury and was not 100%. Mcnabb is the leader of the team, so he should have handled this personal distraction by himself. He did not. the result was disasterous. Mcnabb deserves the majority of the blame. He will have to work hard to get back his credibility.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Haven`t had time to read this or hear it on tv yet, been out of the loop for a few days.

But just reading "Black on black" :wtf: come on 5... you just dropped to me.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established

What a douche...

Agreed. Basically the same thing Michael Irvin said after the conversation. Irvin went forth to say that not one did Mcnabb say he was having a poor season we he knew he was. Instead of blaming all the losing on TO, teammates worried about contracts, and brett farve, he needs to look himself in the mirror to focus on the real problem at hand.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The comment stems from Rush's comments about being a black QB (overrated because he is a minority) and everyone knows how he feels about that now. TO knew this and I believe he knew exactly what he was saying to try and push his buttons. I thought what Mcnabb said was the truth in a siuation being fueled by someone that is notorious about cuasing more shitstorms than anyone in sports. Its about credibility and I would believe Mcnabb anyday over TO.

As Tom Jackson said, "You "CAN'T" take the high road with TO"...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Basically the same thing Michael Irvin said after the conversation. Irvin went forth to say that not one did Mcnabb say he was having a poor season we he knew he was. Instead of blaming all the losing on TO, teammates worried about contracts, and brett farve, he needs to look himself in the mirror to focus on the real problem at hand.
Yeah, lets believe Michael Irvin and TO.

Give me a break.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the real problem?

A divided locker room because of TO. Everyone was a superstar after the SB and their attitudes and play showed it. Where was Michael Lewis, Lito Sheppard, Westbrook, LJ Smith, Jevon Kearse this season? Probably at one of TO's parties. THe person who spoke out against TO (Sheldon Brown) had a better year than all of them combined. Your big superstart holds out and causes such a shitstorm that the whole environment is a joke. Crunches in your driveway? Your agent taking over a press conference on your front lawn while TO in the backround is laughing?!?!!?

On top of that you have an offense that is one dimensional and couldn't run to save its life. The whole role of defense is to make an offense one dimensional and the Eagles were that when they stepped on the field.

Mcnabb is the least of your problems.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
OMG...are you kidding me?!?!?!
Hey! I thought you were gonna spend more time on the golf course now that the `Birds didn`t make the playoffs:rofl:

Maybe your right about the comment being tied to the Limbaugh garbage... after the other stuff I wouldn`t put it past MeO. But the rest of the stuff is ohhhhh so true.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey! I thought you were gonna spend more time on the golf course now that the `Birds didn`t make the playoffs:rofl:

Maybe your right about the comment being tied to the Limbaugh garbage... after the other stuff I wouldn`t put it past MeO. But the rest of the stuff is ohhhhh so true.
Oh you know its related! EDIT: Ike Reese is on WIP talking about it and said the players knew how he felt all year...bascially defending Mcnabb.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
They were talking about the "skins getting him. I thought "Yeah right. I can see Gibbs putting up with TO's crap." As I said he should just be blackballed and be done with him and Rosenhouse (sp?).
BTW I love the NFL channel's commercial things you said before the season: "That Drew Rosenhouse is one great agent. I know I wish he was repping me." BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHa!!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Oh you know its related! EDIT: Ike Reese is on WIP talking about it and said the players knew how he felt all year...bascially defending Mcnabb.

I am looking forward to 1:30(Daily News Live) to see what Ray Didinger says. He has been a voice of reason through out this whole debacle. First of the locals to say"No the Eagles will not make the Playoffs this year" back in Oct.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Look at the real problem?

A divided locker room because of TO. Everyone was a superstar after the SB and their attitudes and play showed it. Where was Michael Lewis, Lito Sheppard, Westbrook, LJ Smith, Jevon Kearse this season? Probably at one of TO's parties. THe person who spoke out against TO (Sheldon Brown) had a better year than all of them combined. Your big superstart holds out and causes such a shitstorm that the whole environment is a joke. Crunches in your driveway? Your agent taking over a press conference on your front lawn while TO in the backround is laughing?!?!!?

On top of that you have an offense that is one dimensional and couldn't run to save its life. The whole role of defense is to make an offense one dimensional and the Eagles were that when they stepped on the field.

Mcnabb is the least of your problems.

How do you figure he is the least of the teams problems? The qb is the captain/leader of the team. If he is playing bad then, basicallt the whole team is playing bad. If by some chance he would've turned it around, maybe he could've been the impact that he/team needed. TO was a big distraction, yes I will say that, but that still doesn't take the fact away that Mcnabb had a terrible year. TO was by far the biggest distraction on that team, but to say Mcnabb was the least of the problems, I can't find truth to that.
When the T.O trial was over didn't Mcnabb say he moving on? why is he bringing it up now at Superbowl time? IMO, he is trying to find someone to put the blame on.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can understand the Rush limbaugh comment, but understand this all of you. Not trying to speak for all African American men or the race, but if another Black man questioned my manhood, and my blackness over my football play, as TO did i'd be on his ass like white on rice. I may be a douche bag or whatever, but some things you just dont do. As for the other white qbs and taking his job, they have been always there and no doubt great, but as Bobo said it all stems from Rush comment, on McNabb being overrated, and TO's bitch ass played on that. The token black man has spoken, proceed...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you figure he is the least of the teams problems? The qb is the captain/leader of the team. If he is playing bad then, basicallt the whole team is playing bad. If by some chance he would've turned it around, maybe he could've been the impact that he/team needed. TO was a big distraction, yes I will say that, but that still doesn't take the fact away that Mcnabb had a terrible year. TO was by far the biggest distraction on that team, but to say Mcnabb was the least of the problems, I can't find truth to that.
When the T.O trial was over didn't Mcnabb say he moving on? why is he bringing it up now at Superbowl time? IMO, he is trying to find someone to put the blame on.
He was hurt ever since the first game Monday night. He only played half a year.

He is the least of your problems because he was the QB that was there when you were horrible and led the team to 4 straight NFC Championships and a SB.

He is a pro bowl caliber QB when he is healthy with or without TO. He was that when you had Todd Pinkston and James Thrash.

I don't sit here and analyze WHY he is saying it NOW. I listend to WHAT is said. Since wathcing this team ever since Mcnabb was boo'ed on draft day he has done nothing but make this team better and showed more leadership than most. I guess throwing 4 TD's on a broken ankle isn't enough. After ever game this season Mcnabb ALWAYS took accountability for his errors. I wonder if people actually wathc that part or do they listen to waht the media tells them.

People criticize him for not confronting TO during the season. YOU CAN'T BE RATIONAL WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN IRRATIONAL HIS WHOLE CAREER!

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
the comments about favre had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with race, all irvin did was mention a hof qb since farve was also on a struggling team. donavan has always been quick to play the race card. granted the rush comments fueled most of it but how long ago was that? but hearing that it wouldve been ok if it was another black qb that was mentioned? come on, how does that make it ok?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can understand the Rush limbaugh comment, but understand this all of you. Not trying to speak for all African American men or the race, but if another Black man questioned my manhood, and my blackness over my football play, as TO did i'd be on his ass like white on rice. I may be a douche bag or whatever, but some things you just dont do. As for the other white qbs and taking his job, they have been always there and no doubt great, but as Bobo said it all stems from Rush comment, on McNabb being overrated, and TO's bitch ass played on that. The token black man has spoken, proceed...
And by confronting someone like you play right into his hands. If someone like TO questioned my manhood I would laugh because its coming from the most emotionally unstable, insecure baby in the NFL. And most of the players and coaches in the NFL know that....

Insults coming from an insecure baby should roll off your back if you are comfortable enough in your own manhood and accomplishements.

Mcnabb has proven his toughness and manhood on the field.

4 TD's on a broken ankle.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the comments about favre had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with race, all irvin did was mention a hof qb since farve was also on a struggling team. donavan has always been quick to play the race card. granted the rush comments fueled most of it but how long ago was that? but hearing that it wouldve been ok if it was another black qb that was mentioned? come on, how does that make it ok?
How do you know? Even some of the players this morning hinted that TO used the race card but they couldn't come out and directly say it.

Quick to play the race card?!?!?!?! Where do people get this from? The onyl time he's ever mentioned anything about race was during the Rush issue and last night....and one played on the other.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Mondesires comments surely didn`t help either... All through this I was waiting for him to explode and he didn`t now that he opens up and let`s us in he is going to get slammed?

Maybe Black on Black crime was not the phrase he should have used... but remember TO getting off the plane in Atlanta and saying to the reporter"You know what I mean as one black man to another"(?!?!!) or close to that.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Indeed Bobo, but brother to brother, its some **** you just dont do, and i think he handled it right, but being that I dont make MILLIONS and have a temper problem sometimes I dont think i would have handled as gracefully as he did. McNabb is a class act and a product of chicago, i am very proud about, and is not a mediocre qb, but one on a mission to win a superbowl, as there can be only one super bowl winning qb a year...

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you never heard that LCSULLA? meant nothing by it though..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Indeed Bobo, but brother to brother, its some **** you just dont do, and i think he handled it right, but being that I dont make MILLIONS and have a temper problem sometimes I dont think i would have handled as gracefully as he did. McNabb is a class act and a product of chicago, i am very proud about, and is not a mediocre qb, but one on a mission to win a superbowl, as there can be only one super bowl winning qb a year...
Sometime you have to see it for what it is. TO is a joke and he should be treated as such.

TO did the same thing with Garcia. Serisouly, can you think of anyone since he's been drafted that questioned Mcnabb's toughness and manhood? Its a joke.

And if he went to Green Bay don't tihnk for a second he wouldn't say the same tihng about Favre if things weren't going well.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mondesires comments surely didn`t help either... All through this I was waiting for him to explode and he didn`t now that he opens up and let`s us in he is going to get slammed?
Yeah really. On WIP they slam him for not responding. When he does, they slam him again.

Missanelli is the worst.

Damn if you do, damned if you don't. But I think he knows that by now playing in that city....

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
He was hurt ever since the first game Monday night. He only played half a year.

He is the least of your problems because he was the QB that was there when you were horrible and led the team to 4 straight NFC Championships and a SB.

He is a pro bowl caliber QB when he is healthy with or without TO. He was that when you had Todd Pinkston and James Thrash.

I don't sit here and analyze WHY he is saying it NOW. I listend to WHAT is said. Since wathcing this team ever since Mcnabb was boo'ed on draft day he has done nothing but make this team better and showed more leadership than most. I guess throwing 4 TD's on a broken ankle isn't enough. After ever game this season Mcnabb ALWAYS took accountability for his errors. I wonder if people actually wathc that part or do they listen to waht the media tells them.

People criticize him for not confronting TO during the season. YOU CAN'T BE RATIONAL WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN IRRATIONAL HIS WHOLE CAREER!

Last years SuperBowl, was T.O. not hurt and still outplayed the whole entire team?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They got there without him.

And who thew the ball to him?

And did they win?

Where was San Fran with TO? Awful.

How does the San Fran orginization and fan base feel about TO?

Sensing a pattern?

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Yeah really. On WIP they slam him for not responding. When he does, they slam him again.

Missanelli is the worst.

Damn if you do, damned if you don't. But I think he knows that by now playing in that city....
We have a new sports radio 950WPEN ... http://www.wpen.com/

Missanelli :run:

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if he(Mcnabb) is so mature why should he speak out at all? TO is gone, let bygones be bygones. the race thing can never be proven. if he's feeling that its only because he's seeing things. you will never know what TO meant, especialy since he dion't ask the question about favre.

I don't think its only about TO at all and next year with the eagles will prove me right.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if he(Mcnabb) is so mature why should he speak out at all? TO is gone, let bygones be bygones. the race thing can never be proven. if he's feeling that its only because he's seeing things. you will never know what TO meant, especialy since he dion't ask the question about favre.

I don't think its only about TO at all and next year with the eagles will prove me right.
Because he wants too. It has nothing to do with maturity. Questioning his maturity when the other guy is TO is laughable.

Give me a break. The way its going Philly fans are going run another superstar out of town again.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
you never heard that LCSULLA? meant nothing by it though..
Yeah, I have heard that phrase before. It just struck me as funny in the context of this thread. I am still laughing. HEHE

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
They got there without him.

And who thew the ball to him?

And did they win?

Where was San Fran with TO? Awful.

How does the San Fran orginization and fan base feel about TO?

Sensing a pattern?
I agree that Mcnabb was a great leader and was the main factor in taking 3 average teams to the NFC championships. That was before all that Chunky soup and that 15 million dollar a year deal. Mcnabb lobbied to get Owens. Maybe Owens thought that because Mcnabb tried so hard to get him to play for the Eagles, that Mcnabb would always be on his side, if it came down to a confrontation with management. We all know that Mcnabb is strickly a team guy that will only support ownership. Understandable if you have 100 million on the line. I think that TO felt betrayed by Mcnabb, but still wanted a shot at the Superbowl. When Mcnabb came up lame this year Owens wasted no time in exposing Mcnabbs weaknesses in public. McNabb felt victimized by Owens, especially since his poor play was obviously hurting the team. Mcnabb had no choice but to protect his future with the team. He went to management and the rest is history. Mcnabb can only be judged by how he leads the Eagles back to greatness. I hope he has something left, but he needs help. The fact that he is dwelling on the Owens situation is a sign of an unsettled mind. maybe it is guilt....TO can make average passers look great...and average leaders look weak!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Because he wants too. It has nothing to do with maturity. Questioning his maturity when the other guy is TO is laughable.

Give me a break. The way its going Philly fans are going run another superstar out of town again.
Philly fans did boo Mike Schmidt and he's one of the 3rd basemen of all time so McNabb is fair game :lol:

In all seriousness, the Eagles better just try to get some amnesia and forget about the shitstorm that hit them in 2005. McNabb is an elite QB and to piss him off would set them back for years. It's not like great QB's grow on trees.

BTW, anyone just want to see TO get the crap kicked out of him on the field next year ?

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I want the redskins to take TO so he can play the eagles twice.

hehe. let bryan dawkins cover him. there will be some fighting going on, must see TV...

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Now, clearly Owens is trying to get under McNabb's skin, but he didn't bring race up. Michael Irvin brought it up -- and of course who is it that's making race out of all of this? ESPN and McNabb! So they're all upset here. Owens supposedly suggested a white quarterback, and that really burned McNabb because that's "black-on-black crime." Owens suggested nothing. He was responding to a question posed by Michael Irvin, who is a black guy. We may as well identify everybody's race in all this. This is just laughable to me. I mean, ESPN bringing up race; McNabb bringing up race; Owens sort of subtly involving race by deigning to answer the question, and everybody getting the quotes wrong, and everybody is missing the story. I mean, McNabb doesn't even know what he's talking about in this case, because Owens was just sitting there answering a question that was posed to him by a reporter. Now, if Owens had sat there and said, "Who would you like to be quarterback?" and had himself said Brett Favre, then McNabb might have a point, but I thought race didn't matter to any of these people anyway. I thought we were long past that

Rush said that he thought McNabb was not as good as everybody else thought he was, that he was being propped up by a socially conscious media which has this desire for black quarterbacks to do well, he had a press conference. McNabb had a press conference and said he didn't know why anyone had to bring up race. He thought we were all "past that." It confused him. He said he didn't view himself as a "black quarterback." Then he made it to the Super Bowl last year to play the New England Patriots, and McNabb kept bringing up Doug Williams' name as the only black quarterback to win the Super Bowl. He clearly saw himself the last Super Bowl as a black quarterback, and he clearly sees himself as a black quarterback now, and sees Owens and Michael Irvin engaging on black-on-black crime.

Black-on-black crime! We're talking about criticism here. The other thing, you know, I know what Donovan McNabb seeks to do professionally, and I don't criticize this at all. He's patterning himself after Michael Jordan. He wants that kind of aura and ability to sell products, be a spokesman, be a leader. That's the athlete he is patterning himself after, which makes this agreement to do an interview yesterday all the more confusing and mysterious to me. Why, when you're trying to establish yourself as a man of the people, go out and get yourself involved as a victim in a made-up racial controversy? The third thing I want to point out here is note this took place on ESPN. The subject was just totally race, totally race. "We can't have that on ESPN. We're not going to put up with that."

werky

Awards
I know the things he said on espn were wrong, but this guy has always got critisism. You have to look what he has done in his career. He's won more playoff games than any other Eagles quarterback in history, and until last year he's never even had any recievers. He took them to 4 straight Nfc championships with the likes of James Thrash and Todd Pinkston! His whole career he has been busted on, and it's about time he came out and said how he really felt. Until he wins the big one everybody will always be on his case for something. Lets start Koy next year and see how that goes.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Philly fans did boo Mike Schmidt and he's one of the 3rd basemen of all time so McNabb is fair game :lol:

In all seriousness, the Eagles better just try to get some amnesia and forget about the shitstorm that hit them in 2005. McNabb is an elite QB and to piss him off would set them back for years. It's not like great QB's grow on trees.

BTW, anyone just want to see TO get the crap kicked out of him on the field next year ?
Yo buddy! Schmitty ripped us first :rofl:

Last time MeO came to Philly he left with his arm in a sling(broken collarbone). And guess what ? The 9ers won because of Garcia. Imagine that!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know the things he said on espn were wrong, but this guy has always got critisism. You have to look what he has done in his career. He's won more playoff games than any other Eagles quarterback in history, and until last year he's never even had any recievers. He took them to 4 straight Nfc championships with the likes of James Thrash and Todd Pinkston! His whole career he has been busted on, and it's about time he came out and said how he really felt. Until he wins the big one everybody will always be on his case for something. Lets start Koy next year and see how that goes.
And that is the reason I will cut slack for Mcnabb anyday, ESPECIALLY over TO.

I don't give a **** how both of them feel because IMO TO is nothing but the biggest crybaby in sports and no matter what Mcnabb did, didn't do, said or didn't say, it doens't justify the biggest shitstorm in football history that TO created all because of his gigantic ego.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now, clearly Owens is trying to get under McNabb's skin, but he didn't bring race up. Michael Irvin brought it up -- and of course who is it that's making race out of all of this? ESPN and McNabb! So they're all upset here. Owens supposedly suggested a white quarterback, and that really burned McNabb because that's "black-on-black crime." Owens suggested nothing. He was responding to a question posed by Michael Irvin, who is a black guy. We may as well identify everybody's race in all this. This is just laughable to me. I mean, ESPN bringing up race; McNabb bringing up race; Owens sort of subtly involving race by deigning to answer the question, and everybody getting the quotes wrong, and everybody is missing the story. I mean, McNabb doesn't even know what he's talking about in this case, because Owens was just sitting there answering a question that was posed to him by a reporter. Now, if Owens had sat there and said, "Who would you like to be quarterback?" and had himself said Brett Favre, then McNabb might have a point, but I thought race didn't matter to any of these people anyway. I thought we were long past that

Rush said that he thought McNabb was not as good as everybody else thought he was, that he was being propped up by a socially conscious media which has this desire for black quarterbacks to do well, he had a press conference. McNabb had a press conference and said he didn't know why anyone had to bring up race. He thought we were all "past that." It confused him. He said he didn't view himself as a "black quarterback." Then he made it to the Super Bowl last year to play the New England Patriots, and McNabb kept bringing up Doug Williams' name as the only black quarterback to win the Super Bowl. He clearly saw himself the last Super Bowl as a black quarterback, and he clearly sees himself as a black quarterback now, and sees Owens and Michael Irvin engaging on black-on-black crime.

Black-on-black crime! We're talking about criticism here. The other thing, you know, I know what Donovan McNabb seeks to do professionally, and I don't criticize this at all. He's patterning himself after Michael Jordan. He wants that kind of aura and ability to sell products, be a spokesman, be a leader. That's the athlete he is patterning himself after, which makes this agreement to do an interview yesterday all the more confusing and mysterious to me. Why, when you're trying to establish yourself as a man of the people, go out and get yourself involved as a victim in a made-up racial controversy? The third thing I want to point out here is note this took place on ESPN. The subject was just totally race, totally race. "We can't have that on ESPN. We're not going to put up with that."

Basically all of that is completely irrelevant because it shouldn't have been in the public in the first place. This WHOLE situation is because TO wanted MORE MONEY. If they paid him, TO would love Donovan and this sitaution wouldn't even be here.

As for the race comments Mcnabb has never brought it up prior to Rush Limbaugh's statements. Ever. Now he will labeled by that situation and there isn't anything he can say or do about it. Why? Because he was good at what he did. So if he comments about it now its because Rush got the ball rollin and opened up a can of worms that was never present in the previou 6 years was he a QB in NFL.

When he brings it up now I could care less because if it wasn't for Rush we wouldn't be talking about it now. And neither would he...

And calling Michael Irvin a reporter is funny. Don't think for a minute he didn't try to stir the pot for the sake of his own career. at the expense of a guy who has never been a problem for any team or any originzation in his life.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i think michael Irvin should shut his mouth and stay out of trouble, esp since he has caused some problems on and off field, with his habit and all.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It means that I tihnk for the most part, 99% of the what has happened after the fact doens't mean much.

Its pretty simple to me. You pick a side and think who is right. Here are your partiticpants:

TO - Publically screams at coaches and players. Trashed his first QB and questioned his sexuality in public. Trashed the orginization. Was traded to one team, refused to play or negotiate a contract. Wen to another team and when things went down hill publically criticized his QB. Wanted more money sop he fired his long time agent and hired Rosenhaus who proceded to make a mockery of the situation. Publically stated "he wouldn't be happy" and proceded to make training camp a joke. Was suspeded and proceeded to hold his own press conference whjile doing situps in his driveway. Apologized after he realized how much money he would lose....Again publically stated they would be winning with another QB....and thats not all of it but bceause I can't remember all of it.

VS.

Mcnabb - Finally spoke out against TO and brought up race because he thought the person above would resort to those tactics.

Choice is simple to me.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Ive been an eagles fan all my life, and all I know is the bottem line is the eagles are done.

Andy reid is the real porblem, he thinks he can place anyone into his system and it will work, he is wrong. And lets not even talk about his time managment skills.(which is probably the main reason him and donavann together will never win the big game)

Mcnabb is not a superstar, but he is an above avg qb.

It didnt start when TO wanted a pass and mcnabb didnt throw it to him. It started when TO was hurt and being the MATURE dude that donavann is he got all jelous when the media kept asking if they can win without TO and he said we dont need him we can win without him.

that is what brought up TOs post SB comments, which probably caused mcnabb(along mcnabbs love for the front office) to not support TO in getting a new contract.

Also mcnabb was probably jelous again when TO outperformed him on a broken leg in the superbowl.

TO will run all over the eales if he goes to the any team in the nfc east, and the eagles do not do something about their horrendous pass rush.

Also if KC or Denver pick up TO the will most likely be one of the teams to beat in the afc.

It is reallly sad what has happend to the Easgles, Id love to see them back again next year, but the rest of the nfc is finally getting good and I just dont see it happening.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Ive been an eagles fan all my life, and all I know is the bottem line is the eagles are done.

Andy reid is the real porblem, he thinks he can place anyone into his system and it will work, he is wrong. And lets not even talk about his time managment skills.(which is probably the main reason him and donavann together will never win the big game)

Mcnabb is not a superstar, but he is an above avg qb.

It didnt start when TO wanted a pass and mcnabb didnt throw it to him. It started when TO was hurt and being the MATURE dude that donavann is he got all jelous when the media kept asking if they can win without TO and he said we dont need him we can win without him.

that is what brought up TOs post SB comments, which probably caused mcnabb(along mcnabbs love for the front office) to not support TO in getting a new contract.

Also mcnabb was probably jelous again when TO outperformed him on a broken leg in the superbowl.

TO will run all over the eales if he goes to the any team in the nfc east, and the eagles do not do something about their horrendous pass rush.

Also if KC or Denver pick up TO the will most likely be one of the teams to beat in the afc.

It is reallly sad what has happend to the Easgles, Id love to see them back again next year, but the rest of the nfc is finally getting good and I just dont see it happening.
I think you are correct about the jealousy thing. I mean when you are already living a dream life playing pro football making millions, got your moms on tv... what is left?......Well I guess winning the Superbowl would be nice!

No player is above reproach. No person is above criticism. All great players were questioned about their performance during their careers. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods and John Elway all had the same answer, CHAMPIONSHIP!
Say what you want about the boo happy Philly fans, but any player that ever won a championship is treated like a king.( Bobby Clarke,Dr.J...Schmidt has not heard a boo in 20 years!)
Everybody that follows sports knew what to expect from Owens. McNabb is a pro-bowl QB, one of the best in the game today, but Owens is one of the best WRs ever! He did nothing surprising either on or off the field, other than maybe show some toughness by playing on a fractured ankle. It was Mcnabb who acted out of character. He receives no more criticism than any other QB in a championship starved city. The "black QB" criticism is nothing close to what Doug Williams experienced!,... but then again he had the same answer as Elway...CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!