Antonio Davis incident...

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
can anybody PLEASE tell me why he was suspended? please?

this is an outrage.:wtf:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
To prove a point. The league will not tolerate players going into the stands for any reason, especially after what happened last year. You should have known it was going to happen.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I have been lucky enough to have sat in the stands at a few sporting events next to a players wife/girlfriend. The first thing you notice is they are generally hot. they love attention, usually they tell you who they are dating. They can be very vocal fans. The reports say she was annoying the guy by standing up and shouting for the Knicks. The section was mostly Chicago fans. Davis used to play there so, I am going to guess that his wife had the same seats that the players wives usually get.

Davis is the president of NBAPA so he had to know the rules. He has every right to protect his family, that is part of being a man. A man also has to take the consequences of his actions.

There is no way this fan is going to get dollar one in a law suit. Just read the back of your ticket stub. It contains a major waiver for this type of thing. Unless he can convince the court that this incident caused either his person or his reputation valuable and irreprable harm! ( doubt it)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am here in the Chi, and everybody is like he did the right thing. SHeit, if i was him and i saw him touch my wife, it would have been on, he would have gotten ass whippin he would have never forgotten. But thats why I am not NBA player, who can afford a 700k loss like that.

Last edited:

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Didn't the guy put his hands on Davis's wife?

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he should've been suspended but I wouldn't fault him for going into the stands... We all know how are protective of our loved ones...

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
see, i understand that players cannot go into the stands so a fine could have been given but he went up the stairs very calmly and seemed to handle the situation as well as he could've seeing his wife in danger as he mentioned. 5 games seems a bit extensive but if youre trying to nail home the point of no means no then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I am here in the Chi, and everybody is like he did the right thing. SHeit, if i was him and i saw him touch my wife, it would have been on, he would have gotten ass whippin he would have never forgotten. But thats why I am not NBA player, who can afford a 700k loss like that.
Typical. Someone gets in an argument with your wife and you want to swing on him before you even know who's in the right. She was being loud and obnoxious and he told her to zip it, so she started waving her finger in his face. He had every right to remove her finger from his face. If my wife was doing that I'd tell her to chill out, and apologize to the guy.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Typical. Someone gets in an argument with your wife and you want to swing on him before you even know who's in the right. She was being loud and obnoxious and he told her to zip it, so she started waving her finger in his face. He had every right to remove her finger from his face. If my wife was doing that I'd tell her to chill out, and apologize to the guy.
You goddamn right i would of swinged on the guy, I ride with my wife right or wrong, She was not touching him hands in face does not constitute touching. And obviously you have not been married or have a girlfriend you give a **** about because you dont reprimand or apologize for your wife, youll be sleeping on the couch for awhile with no lovin. Now after he got his ass whippen and me and my wife talked later and she was in the wrong then I would have let her have it, but you NEVER side with anybody in public besides your wife.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Yep. When I used to bounce, I dealt with a number of women who think they can get all up in a guys face because most guys( myself included) would never lay a hand on a woman. Now on the other hand, if a girl sticks her hand in my face, chances are I would push it out of my face too. This guy isn't in it for the dough. It was just reported that his lawyer offered to settle the suit if davis would make a statement to the fact that he wasn't drunk, as well as make a donation to any charity that deals with anger management issues or some b.s.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
You goddamn right i would of swinged on the guy, I ride with my wife right or wrong, She was not touching him hands in face does not constitute touching. And obviously you have not been married or have a girlfriend you give a **** about because you dont reprimand or apologize for your wife, youll be sleeping on the couch for awhile with no lovin. Now after he got his ass whippen and me and my wife talked later and she was in the wrong then I would have let her have it, but you NEVER side with anybody in public besides your wife.
I've defended my wife on a number of occasions and would never tolerate a man placing his hands on her. I also would never tolerate my wife physically provoking a man(which getting in someone's face is. If some DUDE sticks his hand in my face and gets up in my grill, he's getting blasted). But then my wife has enough class that she doesn't handle herself like that. If a guy becomes physically agressive, that's one thing but she's mature enough to handle herself like a lady otherwise.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree one has to be classy,but would you rip her a new one in public, or make her apologize to the guy? Thats just not something I would do, or condone siding with another besides your wife is just not right to me. Plus who is this guy to tell her to zip it. Respect is all, you are at a game for fucks sake cheering your team on, and it jsut so happened to be the opposing team. Was she throwing beer, cussing loudly, or degrading people? so what right does he have to tell her to be quiet, thats like telling a friend of a competitior to shut up at a Bodybuilding comp, that **** aint going to happen, and when it does the guy cheering usually makes the person who said shut up feel pretty sorry, at least thats how i seen it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think Davis handled it the absolute right way.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I've been in the same arena with Kendra Davis many a times, and I will tell you that she has got to be one of the biggest **** talking trifling azz flat out confrontational wives in pro sports. period.

Davis should have put that woman in check long ago. Most players wives conduct themselves in some sort of civil fashion but Kendra gets out of control like its all about her.

Antonio Davis knows what his wife is all about, acting surprised that his wife is meleeing with someone in the stands is just a joke. He should have seen this coming and stopped it before it ever started.

Leave that crazy girl at home.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Hello! These guys make millions of dollars. Why not put their wives in a luxury box during road games.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yep. When I used to bounce, I dealt with a number of women who think they can get all up in a guys face because most guys( myself included) would never lay a hand on a woman. Now on the other hand, if a girl sticks her hand in my face, chances are I would push it out of my face too. This guy isn't in it for the dough. It was just reported that his lawyer offered to settle the suit if davis would make a statement to the fact that he wasn't drunk, as well as make a donation to any charity that deals with anger management issues or some b.s.
My brother is a bouncer in our hometown, and often calls me each morning after work to recount the evenings brawls, asskickings, etc. This past summer he said a big street fight broke out, and this one thugged out gangsta wannabe chick jumped on some dude and started punching him, and he turned around and drilled her right in the face and put her down.

I dont think a man should ever hit a woman, but in a case like that she's really asking for it...

Antonio Davis knows what his wife is all about, acting surprised that his wife is meleeing with someone in the stands is just a joke. He should have seen this coming and stopped it before it ever started.

_
Im not familiar with Davis or his wife, but I agree with that one if she's a wacko. But still - if your girl is a maniac or not, if you see some dude put his hands on here you're gonna flip out and want to wreck the guy, its instinct.

BV

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Sure its instinct, but she's been crazy for a while now. He should have known better and fixed this problem years ago.

When the Pistons played the Raptors a few years back, Detroit went up 2-0, only to see the Raps come back and tie the series up.

Kendra Davis thought she was cute by strutting around in front of the Detroit reporters like a peacock taking smack. The reporters decided to mention it in the paper the next day.

Game 5 in Detroit, and Kendra Davis was there in the stands antagonizing her whole section from jump. The Pistons won, and a couple dumbasses threw some empty cups at her as they left.

All of a sudden she was acting like she didn't know why things got out of control, crying about how she feared for her life and she got spit on like a dog.

Thats not an isolated incident at all with her. Antonio should have fixed it long before now.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I agree one has to be classy,but would you rip her a new one in public, or make her apologize to the guy? Thats just not something I would do, or condone siding with another besides your wife is just not right to me. Plus who is this guy to tell her to zip it. Respect is all, you are at a game for fucks sake cheering your team on, and it jsut so happened to be the opposing team. Was she throwing beer, cussing loudly, or degrading people? so what right does he have to tell her to be quiet, thats like telling a friend of a competitior to shut up at a Bodybuilding comp, that **** aint going to happen, and when it does the guy cheering usually makes the person who said shut up feel pretty sorry, at least thats how i seen it.
No, I wouldn't rip my wife in public or side with the guy or anything. I'm just saying who knows what was said by either of them. Chances are he said something about davis, probably not knowing she was his wife, which started everything. Neither of us know what was really said. But when you go to any sporting event, the fans cheer,boo,etc.etc. Her being the wife of a professional should understand this(if this was the case). My point is, just as a woman should not expect a man to get in her face, she should stay out of his, but she didn't, and he pushed her hand out of his face. Now, granted, if either of us were to walk up in the middle of this without knowing anything, we would both(right or wrong) end up throwin down on the guy, but we don't take our wives to work either.:D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I did see some tape where she was waving her hands in his face sarcastically trying to calm the guy down as he was attempting to summon a security guard. Like she was trying to fire the guy up. Bottom line, they need to keep the opposing players wives together so that security can keep an eye on them or seperated entirely (i.e. in a luxury box).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I guess that's where we differ. I 'ride' with whoever is in the right. I don't give a **** if its my own mom, if she's acting stupid I'll tell her, in public. I do see what your saying though. If someone was actually attacking my wife then yeah I'd do everything in my power to put him down and out. I can't stand when people side with there friends/family without knowing who's wrong or right it just does'nt make sense.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think Davis handled it the absolute right way.
I agree. I would've done the exact same thing, calmly walked up and made sure the situation was in control. He does however need to give her a firm tongue lashing, or maybe he should have her watch the games at home until she can act like a civil human being.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I've been in the same arena with Kendra Davis many a times, and I will tell you that she has got to be one of the biggest **** talking trifling azz flat out confrontational wives in pro sports. period.

Davis should have put that woman in check long ago. Most players wives conduct themselves in some sort of civil fashion but Kendra gets out of control like its all about her.

You know it!-AD has been there before. That's why he had an eye on her. When there is a time out or free throw you can hear people in the stands( especially when they are screaming crazy ****! ) I could tell by the way he went up with his hands by his side that, he knew he was getting her out of another spot, and was smart enough to just let his presence be known for both parties sake. That is the best way to diffuse a situation with your women and a guy. You let the guy know that you got her back, but are willing to walk away and call it a day.

Now I hear he wants Davis to donate to a woman's abuse fund. WTF?

The guy is a politicians son. She's a player wife..who do you want to win? I would like to see them beat the **** out of eachother on PPV, then donate the poceeds to charity. I'll pay $50 for that!

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established

From what they showed on ESPN, he didn't even go swinging... Just went up to find out what was going on. I think he handled it the right way.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh no, read all the posts. I was referring to another poster's comments on what he would've done. Antonio handled it perfectly.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Some of these posts remind me of my dumb friends. Your girlfriend cheated on you with some other guy, so you go beat his ass and try to get back with her.

If this is you, you are a tool.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
obviously she has a problem, can you say crazy deranged, and knowing that Antonio should really get her some help so he wont have to keep jumping into stands, and getting sued by accident victims for his wife irresponsibility.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Some of these posts remind me of my dumb friends. Your girlfriend cheated on you with some other guy, so you go beat his ass and try to get back with her.

If this is you, you are a tool.
Nah, you just beat his ass out of principle.:D Not to get back at her.