NHL

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Christ another pens loss. I was there and it was said liek 14K people. I went from nose bleed tickets(25 dollars a peice to Levl B 60 dollar seats in one peroid) THey played good hockey until the third. Hines Ward and Jeff Reed where at the game Ward was like 5 rows in front of me. It wa samazing to see that like more than 3o% of the fans there were in steelers atire

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

i went to the hawks avalanche game tonight and it wasnt even close to half filled. and of course my avs lost to one of the worst teams in the nhl. ah well, all winning streaks have to end sometime.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    someone on the capitals just failed a drug test for the olympics, im guessing its for steroids. i think he was banned by both the NHL and, of course, the olympics.
    Bryan Berard of Columbus falied a drug test. He tested positive for nandrolone.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.59%

Yep Berard. It was for the US olympic testing (Even though he wasn't on the team) He has received a two year ban from international competition. And probably won't receive any suspension from the NHL as this test was from back in November and isn't valid per the collective barginning agreement.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Yep Berard. It was for the US olympic testing (Even though he wasn't on the team) He has received a two year ban from international competition. And probably won't receive any suspension from the NHL as this test was from back in November and isn't valid per the collective barginning agreement.
    He also passed two subsequent tests after his positive test...I thought that nandralone stayed in the system for months at a time??? Maybe its only deca that lingers for that long
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Hmmm i'm watching the pens game now,and this NHL on NBC is pretty good. But that aside, they were saying about a brake int he season for the olymics. How far does that extend the season to? I don't think i recall a break, even though it makes sense cause the player gotta go to there each respective national teams.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

it doesnt extend the season, they structure the season to compensate for it. which is why there are a ton more back to back games on consecutive nights. many teams have already played more than half their games and we arent even to where the allstar break would normally be. i think there is a 3 week break for the olympics tho.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Yeah it was brought to my attention that the nhl is already liek over the midway point for games so they all just get the time off. THat was there are alot of the back to back games.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Welp... I'm officaly on sucide watch.........
    Bye bye French-CanidanGuy.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.7%

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Philly was voted the number one hockey city!
    You're kidding right Was Toronto not included in this survey

jecko
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%

Quote Originally Posted by jecko29

jecko
    Yeah no kidding.

If anyone was around to wittness the 80's of Leaf Hockey, you'd know Toronto is, through and through, the #1 hockey city.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

ottawa
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.24%

jecko
    Toronto where is that? Oh I know thats the place where the Flyers go nearly every year to advance in the Playoffs!
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.24%

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Yeah no kidding.

If anyone was around to wittness the 80's of Leaf Hockey, you'd know Toronto is, through and through, the #1 hockey city.

Ummm... I know hockey is more important than breathing up there but the cup hasn`t been north for so long it probably forgets the way! I just checked and it hasn`t been in Toronto since I was 5 Bwhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.7%

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Toronto where is that? Oh I know thats the place where the Flyers go nearly every year to advance in the Playoffs!
    Booo hisss........ref deducts one point for low blow

jecko
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.24%

Booo hisss........ref deducts one point for low blow

jecko
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

A moment of silance for our famed Mario Lemuix as he retires today. That means tomamrow game is probaly going ot have some sort of tribute for him.....I'm on sucide watch hour 5
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre32
    A moment of silance for our famed Mario Lemuix as he retires today. That means tomamrow game is probaly going ot have some sort of tribute for him.....I'm on sucide watch hour 5
    Super Mario!!...boy did he kill the Flyers( 6 goal game ). I remember when he came up he was instantly annointed with "the next Great one". While he could never match Gretsky as a passer, no human could, he was far more interesting to watch!
    He was like a better skating Gretsky who had enough balls to fight his own battles on the ice!(sans Mcsorley)....and he smoked cigarettes in the lockerroom.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

im sad to see mario go. he was one of the major reasons i got into hockey in the first place. but he has battled through so much in his career you'd hate to see him drag it out simply to desperately keep the pens in pitt. you philly fans are brutal... and clearly twisted because they havent had the cup in sometime either. all i remember of the past flyers teams is high expectations and broken dreams come the second round. you need to find a goalie for once. if ron hextall was your best chance lately then id be worried.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Horay! A 8-1 Victory over the caps, even tho they blow i don't care!!!
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBoy
    im sad to see mario go. he was one of the major reasons i got into hockey in the first place. but he has battled through so much in his career you'd hate to see him drag it out simply to desperately keep the pens in pitt. you philly fans are brutal... and clearly twisted because they havent had the cup in sometime either. all i remember of the past flyers teams is high expectations and broken dreams come the second round. you need to find a goalie for once. if ron hextall was your best chance lately then id be worried.
    Are you a Blackhawks fan? Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita and Tony Espo...I remember when they won the cup back in....oh wait no I don't. I was thinking of Ditka.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

lol nope im very much not a hawks fan. im an avalanche fan, was around for the last two years of the nordiques and stuck with them during the move. it has turned out well. but i will tell you this. the perk of living in chicago with the hawks is that you can get tickets to see any team that comes to town and sit where ever you want! lol its amazing. well, except for the wings. they still sell those games out. with the ownership they have now the hawks will never be contenders. they still dont even televise home games!! nice way to get fans back in the seats huh? and then they complain about lost revenue...
  23. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.24%

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    Are you a Blackhawks fan? Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita and Tony Espo...I remember when they won the cup back in....oh wait no I don't. I was thinking of Ditka.
    I do remember them was playing Peewee Hockey when Boston vs Chicago in playoffs. Don`t think Tony was there yet ... gotta lay down for my nap first. Old guys need lots of rest.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

The canes are ripping it up, you would have though they would win liek 14 in a row, I wish I had an NHL package so i could see all of there games.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.7%

For the American hockey fans that are posting in this thread, how did the ******* impact your teams? Are the teams selling enough tickets are the rinks full or do people really give a **** about hockey? As you can guess up here it's business as usual forgive and forget. ACC is sold out for every game even though the Leafs are struggling bad.

jecko
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

For the American hockey fans that are posting in this thread, how did the ******* impact your teams? Are the teams selling enough tickets are the rinks full or do people really give a **** about hockey? As you can guess up here it's business as usual forgive and forget. ACC is sold out for every game even though the Leafs are struggling bad.

jecko
    I am a Flyers fan who lives in NYC. The Rangers and the Flyers have never had a problem selling tickets. Their home games are always sold out, in fact both teams had the audacity to raise ticket prices! MSG is still the best place to see a game. The fans and atmosphere are awsome, its almost worth the $100. The Flyers have gone the route of creating a mall out of their arena. Nice place but I was at the 6-0 blowout loss to the Lightning on Saturday and it was like a day care center!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

im an avalanche fan in chicago and the avs have sold out 480+ straight games and they raised prices also. i kno my surrounding teams like minnesota and detroit still bring in massive crowds but the hawks and blues crowds are pitiful. but then again the hawks dont sellout unless the wings are in town and their mostly wings fans. but for the first week i think the crowd was unaffected it's just now the teams are awful and nobody wants to pay to watch them. and thats with some hawks seats going for $8!
  28. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre32
    Thats what it is. I got it in 99' when i could tell Roy was going to be amazing.
    You couldn't tell Roy was going to be amazing when he won 2 cups nearly single handedly with Montreal?

I too own a Forsberg jersey.......3 actually. 1 Nords, 1 Swede, 1 Colorado. Certainly my favorite non-King of all time. Why he went to Philly and shunned LA, leaving the Kings with Roenick.......that hurts me, deep.

With the injuries, however, I wonder how long Pete will stick around. Doesn't matter, this is Alexander's league now.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

Quote Originally Posted by uhockey
    You couldn't tell Roy was going to be amazing when he won 2 cups nearly single handedly with Montreal?
    lol i didnt wanna bring that up to him.

the thing with peter is he is one of if not the best players in the world when he's healthy. but these last 4 years he has been plagued with that groin injury. i'll admit, i fought back tears when he left the avs but he was always considering staying in sweden and not coming back and it was too much of a rollercoaster ride with him. i'll always cheer for him and that hurts because i HATE the flyers but as long as theyre not playing colorado i guess it's ok. on a side note, i have a sakic nordiques jersey, those things are sweet!
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.46%

Didnt feel like reading through this, but would also like to see a NHL section on the borads.
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Coming up!

EDIT: Done!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Yes Nhl Section!
  33. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBoy
    im an avalanche fan in chicago and the avs have sold out 480+ straight games and they raised prices also. i kno my surrounding teams like minnesota and detroit still bring in massive crowds but the hawks and blues crowds are pitiful. but then again the hawks dont sellout unless the wings are in town and their mostly wings fans. but for the first week i think the crowd was unaffected it's just now the teams are awful and nobody wants to pay to watch them. and thats with some hawks seats going for $8!
    The New Jersey Devils won three cups with very few sellout crowds. I went to the Flyers/Devils '04 playoff and they were not sold out at home! unbelievable!
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.25%

Go habs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who is the NHL MVP this Year?
    By IainDaniel in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
  2. Best player in the NHL(currently)
    By Spectre32 in forum Sports Talk