NHL

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. [quote=Bobo][quote=EEmain]
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    Lindros moment thread pilot--

#2) 1997 Playoffs Tampa Bays has been abusing Lindros the whole series. Lindros determined to stay out of trouble and on the ice does not retaliate. Until, the Flyers take a 2 goal lead in the deciding game with about 4 minute to play. Lindros enter the ice on a seek and destroy misson, racking up three knock downs including ripping open a hole in the head of long time nemisis Igor Ulanov.

Back hand from the circle anyone?

Which time? Man he had so many quick snap goals... softest hands I`ve seen since Tim Kerr.

By the the way for those listening it wasn`t a hit that opened up Ulanovs head. But multiple fists
    Man could fight... Only guy I heard Dave Brown say he wouldn`t want to rumble.

2. Christ on a bicycle, DO the pens ever suck, I went ot the hockey store today and picked up my Flyers shirt. I had to put hockey on hold being that the Steelers mad eit ot the AFC champ game. I'm currently consumed by that.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Spectre32
    Christ on a bicycle, DO the pens ever suck, I went ot the hockey store today and picked up my Flyers shirt. I had to put hockey on hold being that the Steelers mad eit ot the AFC champ game. I'm currently consumed by that.
    Ziggy Palfy's retirement will not help the Penguin cause, He must have been having no fun!

4. yeah that was a bit out of nowhere. but after he said he didnt want to play in the olympics you could tell he lost some of his fire. it's sad to see talent like that walk away. definitely wont help the pens at all.

5. Nah Palfy's Retirement does nothing but help the Pen's. It is a little sketchy though.

This frees up cap space allowing them to keep Marc-Andre Fleury up and sign Cairns as a protector, since nobody else on the team has the balls to step up to the plate. Other then Crosby and he shouldn't be doing it.
    •   

6. Senators are taking the cup this year, no question.

7. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    Senators are taking the cup this year, no question.
    bite me

8. Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    bite me
    accept it. move on.

9. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    accept it. move on.
    bite me

10. someone on the capitals just failed a drug test for the olympics, im guessing its for steroids. i think he was banned by both the NHL and, of course, the olympics.

11. Christ another pens loss. I was there and it was said liek 14K people. I went from nose bleed tickets(25 dollars a peice to Levl B 60 dollar seats in one peroid) THey played good hockey until the third. Hines Ward and Jeff Reed where at the game Ward was like 5 rows in front of me. It wa samazing to see that like more than 3o% of the fans there were in steelers atire

12. i went to the hawks avalanche game tonight and it wasnt even close to half filled. and of course my avs lost to one of the worst teams in the nhl. ah well, all winning streaks have to end sometime.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    someone on the capitals just failed a drug test for the olympics, im guessing its for steroids. i think he was banned by both the NHL and, of course, the olympics.
    Bryan Berard of Columbus falied a drug test. He tested positive for nandrolone.

14. Yep Berard. It was for the US olympic testing (Even though he wasn't on the team) He has received a two year ban from international competition. And probably won't receive any suspension from the NHL as this test was from back in November and isn't valid per the collective barginning agreement.

15. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel
    Yep Berard. It was for the US olympic testing (Even though he wasn't on the team) He has received a two year ban from international competition. And probably won't receive any suspension from the NHL as this test was from back in November and isn't valid per the collective barginning agreement.
    He also passed two subsequent tests after his positive test...I thought that nandralone stayed in the system for months at a time??? Maybe its only deca that lingers for that long

16. Hmmm i'm watching the pens game now,and this NHL on NBC is pretty good. But that aside, they were saying about a brake int he season for the olymics. How far does that extend the season to? I don't think i recall a break, even though it makes sense cause the player gotta go to there each respective national teams.

17. it doesnt extend the season, they structure the season to compensate for it. which is why there are a ton more back to back games on consecutive nights. many teams have already played more than half their games and we arent even to where the allstar break would normally be. i think there is a 3 week break for the olympics tho.

18. Yeah it was brought to my attention that the nhl is already liek over the midway point for games so they all just get the time off. THat was there are alot of the back to back games.

19. Welp... I'm officaly on sucide watch.........
    Bye bye French-CanidanGuy.

20. Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Philly was voted the number one hockey city!
    You're kidding right Was Toronto not included in this survey

jecko

21. Quote Originally Posted by jecko29

jecko
    Yeah no kidding.

If anyone was around to wittness the 80's of Leaf Hockey, you'd know Toronto is, through and through, the #1 hockey city.

22. Quote Originally Posted by jecko29

jecko
    Toronto where is that? Oh I know thats the place where the Flyers go nearly every year to advance in the Playoffs!

23. Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Yeah no kidding.

If anyone was around to wittness the 80's of Leaf Hockey, you'd know Toronto is, through and through, the #1 hockey city.

Ummm... I know hockey is more important than breathing up there but the cup hasn`t been north for so long it probably forgets the way! I just checked and it hasn`t been in Toronto since I was 5 Bwhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

24. Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Toronto where is that? Oh I know thats the place where the Flyers go nearly every year to advance in the Playoffs!
    Booo hisss........ref deducts one point for low blow

jecko

25. Quote Originally Posted by jecko29
    Booo hisss........ref deducts one point for low blow

jecko

26. A moment of silance for our famed Mario Lemuix as he retires today. That means tomamrow game is probaly going ot have some sort of tribute for him.....I'm on sucide watch hour 5

27. Quote Originally Posted by Spectre32
    A moment of silance for our famed Mario Lemuix as he retires today. That means tomamrow game is probaly going ot have some sort of tribute for him.....I'm on sucide watch hour 5
    Super Mario!!...boy did he kill the Flyers( 6 goal game ). I remember when he came up he was instantly annointed with "the next Great one". While he could never match Gretsky as a passer, no human could, he was far more interesting to watch!
    He was like a better skating Gretsky who had enough balls to fight his own battles on the ice!(sans Mcsorley)....and he smoked cigarettes in the lockerroom.

28. im sad to see mario go. he was one of the major reasons i got into hockey in the first place. but he has battled through so much in his career you'd hate to see him drag it out simply to desperately keep the pens in pitt. you philly fans are brutal... and clearly twisted because they havent had the cup in sometime either. all i remember of the past flyers teams is high expectations and broken dreams come the second round. you need to find a goalie for once. if ron hextall was your best chance lately then id be worried.

29. Horay! A 8-1 Victory over the caps, even tho they blow i don't care!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who is the NHL MVP this Year?
    By IainDaniel in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
  2. Best player in the NHL(currently)
    By Spectre32 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 07:06 PM
  3. Awesome, NHL section
    By CDONDICI in forum Sports Talk