NHL

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
WHy is there no NHL Discussion Thread in here Bobo, christ you love everything that is philly, the Flyers are rippin it up. I'm from Pittsburgh, and I own a Forsberg Jersey....REPRESENT

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
forsberg in anything but an avs jersey should be a crime. but i agree, we need hockey discussions. especially with the olympics coming up im stoked about seeing the swedes, canadians, czechs, russians and slovaks... im just excited to have hockey back

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Thats what it is. I got it in 99' when i could tell Roy was going to be amazing.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
atta boy, i thought you meant a forsberg flyers jersey. being from pitt do you make many penguin games? i thought, as im sure most of pitt did, that theyd be doing so much better with the talent they acquired this year.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Crack Canuck here.

Go Leafs!

I know they suck. *sigh*

Amazing night last night for Messier.

Shitty night the other night for Thorton. Can't believe he got kicked out of the game. What a crock.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Christ on a Bicycle, the pens are killing me. First off i think mario needs to come back just to hold the team together. Crosby need to not have the Assistant bage becaus ei mena look at him. He is good but ar 18 yrs old, no way does that make him an Assisant Captian. Not to mention that he leads the pens in penality minutes, b/c he has those retarded retailation penalities. Overall I think they over hyped the Pens. We have "good" players but b/c of the coaching changes and the New NHL, we are poorly equipted for the task. I say in two year we'll have an unstoapable team with Fluery in goal plus Crosby, Makin, and that other crazy canidian. We need a better D too. Goncha is good, but i think we need D players who just play that. Transtorm and Gonchra are good for Powerplays, and I'd say our best D guy is slightly below average when compred to the entire NHL.

Now you got me started.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i got into hockey in 95. was a nordiques fan because of joe sakic. then they moved to denver and we all know how that has gone since. but i can tell you i feel your pain with a struggling team as im an atlanta falcon fan in football. so im with ya. the penguins have always had good young talent but, much like a lot of the canadian teams, have failed to keep it. hopefully with the new cap teams that are underfunded will be able to keep a team together to regain a fanbase. i know pitt is a steelers town but the pens have their loyalty when things are going repectably. god bless mario for sticking with them and keeping them in town. sorry for getting ya going lol

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
forsberg in anything but an avs jersey should be a crime. but i agree, we need hockey discussions. especially with the olympics coming up im stoked about seeing the swedes, canadians, czechs, russians and slovaks... im just excited to have hockey back
NO! Forsberg for Lindros was a crime:rofl:

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
NO! Forsberg for Lindros was a crime:rofl:
LOL!!! not to mention mike keane and mike ricci coming with forsberg. i wonder how they let that robbery go through? but in the end you have him now... now that he is injury prone and contemplating retirement. looking forward to the avs-flyers game tomorrow! it'll be a good start to the nfl playoff weekend.

superset2

thats my gf...2/14/06..enjoy
Awards
elias and the dev's just crushed ur flyers

...and yes of course i know both teams records so whoever is gonna try to flame me u cant use the record thing :rofl: ....

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
LOL!!! not to mention mike keane and mike ricci coming with forsberg. i wonder how they let that robbery go through? but in the end you have him now... now that he is injury prone and contemplating retirement. looking forward to the avs-flyers game tomorrow! it'll be a good start to the nfl playoff weekend.

I don`t remember Keane coming from the Flyers... maybe in a trade with some of the pieces. That is how they got Patrick Roy.

Here ya go salt in the wounds in these parts http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_35_226/ai_95680465

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
elias and the dev's just crushed ur flyers

...and yes of course i know both teams records so whoever is gonna try to flame me u cant use the record thing :rofl: ....
Ummm... yea it wouldn`t be fair to bash someone that is so far behind they need a road map to find first place:icon_lol:

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, thats right. keane came from montreal with roy in another ridiculous trade... pierre lacroix very well may be the biggest thief in pro sports and i love him for it.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
that article was brutal. i remember the nordiques getting some players and cash but never remembered it being THAT lobsided... wow. hate to play the "what if" game but you have to wonder if lindros wasnt so concussion and just injury prone what his career wouldve been like...

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
You can't tell me at the time that Lindros, with the softest hands and sweetest wrist shot of any one his size vs a euro maybe guy, was not at least worth a shot. Lindros was a monster how many players are both the enforcer and scoring star for their teams?( Mats Sundin? )

Lindros first 5 years in the league, He was MVP and had taken the Flyers to the Finals(after a 10 year absence) He was a top 5 all time points per game guy. He just had two things going against Bobby(the stienbrenner/al davis of the NHL) Clarke and a nasty little habit of skating with his head down through center ice. If nothing else the Scott Stevens(career crushing) hit and the Kasparits jaw jacker were two of the best hits in NHL history. Lindros is still a good stick man. Foresberg has had the better career...and the better goalie ( Roy vs too numerous to name)
Nobody ever asked Forsberg to beat the **** out of Marty Mcsorley.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, thats right. keane came from montreal with roy in another ridiculous trade... pierre lacroix very well may be the biggest thief in pro sports and i love him for it.
Well, when Roy publicly stated that he would never play for the Canadiens again...It made for a little more flexability on the offer sheet. It could be the curse of Roy that has floundered the Habs of late.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Ummm... yea it wouldn`t be fair to bash someone that is so far behind they need a road map to find first place:icon_lol:
.....or bringing up the fact that the last time they met in a game that really mattered the Flyers roasted them at there own stupid trapping game in the '04 playoffs

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
You can't tell me at the time that Lindros, with the softest hands and sweetest wrist shot of any one his size vs a euro maybe guy, was not at least worth a shot. Lindros was a monster how many players are both the enforcer and scoring star for their teams?( Mats Sundin? )

Lindros first 5 years in the league, He was MVP and had taken the Flyers to the Finals(after a 10 year absence) He was a top 5 all time points per game guy. He just had two things going against Bobby(the stienbrenner/al davis of the NHL) Clarke and a nasty little habit of skating with his head down through center ice. If nothing else the Scott Stevens(career crushing) hit and the Kasparits jaw jacker were two of the best hits in NHL history. Lindros is still a good stick man. Foresberg has had the better career...and the better goalie ( Roy vs too numerous to name)
Nobody ever asked Forsberg to beat the **** out of Marty Mcsorley.
Messier!

My favorite Lindros moment... when he open up Ulanovs head at the end of the Tampa series:icon_lol:

The man was all that when he wanted to be.

The Stevens hit showed just how much he was hated. His teammates, not a one went to see if he was ok.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Messier!

My favorite Lindros moment... when he open up Ulanovs head at the end of the Tampa series:icon_lol:

The Stevens hit showed just how much he was hated. His teammates, not a one went to see if he was ok.
Lindros is without a doubt one of the most talented players to ever play, but he just could not stay healthy. He will always have the "what if" tag attached to him.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Messier!

Or when he beat the hell out of Barnaby and was thrashing him aorund like a ragdoll.

I also like the the Konstatinov hit vs. Detroit. The guy couldn't could skate back to the bench he was hit so hard and fell on his face after whobbling around for a few sec.

He was the most dominant player for a good 6-7 years. The "Legion of Doom" line was unreal for a good 2-3 seasons.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Lindros moment thread pilot--

#3) The 94(?) World Championships Kasparitis crosschecks Lindros into the boards from behind. Lindros drops the gloves Kasparitis keeps his stick, Lindros grabs Kasparitis helment pushes it down over his face,(so he can't see) then proceeds to pummel him into submission.

#2) 1997 Playoffs Tampa Bays has been abusing Lindros the whole series. Lindros determined to stay out of trouble and on the ice does not retaliate. Until, the Flyers take a 2 goal lead in the deciding game with about 4 minute to play. Lindros enter the ice on a seek and destroy misson, racking up three knock downs including ripping open a hole in the head of long time nemisis Igor Ulanov.

#1) 1997 NYC- The Rangers in the middle of another hopless season try to gain a pound of flesh from the Lindros deal. They send Marty( Gretsky's bodyguard )McSorley, known thug and roustabout(and a very good fighter) to goon Lindros. McSorley starts to circle Lindros, slowly drawing closer. Lindros senses the danger. He brings the butt end of his stick up like a pool cue right to temple of Mcsorleys noggin. He goes down and out...( about 5 minutes ) Lindros just skates away shaking his head the ref sees nothing!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Messier!

Well, I certainly did not mean to include Mark(ruined the best taunting chant in the history of sports...19..40,19..40,19..40) Messier in any Lindros discussion, but.....I said guys his size- Messier 6'1" 200, Lindros 6'4" 240.

Messier has 6 cups and nobody can take that away from him. Messier played with about 10 Hall of Famers. He wasn't even a starter for Edmonton( I know, I know)

Lindros got Leclair.and they were great together. But he never had a hot goalie his entire career with the Flyers. He got Paul Coffey after he couldn't skate anymore. He had a plethera of average coaches and Bobby( I am the wrath of god ) Clarke

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
on a different note, how about that goal ovechkin had against the coyotes monday night?!?! i saw the replay and was like you gotta be kidding me!! that kid is nuts and the fact that he is basically the entire team just amplifies my respect for what he is doing. i read somewhere that he didnt want to go to a team that was a few wins away from the cup that he wanted to carry the team from the bottom up. you gotta respect an attitude like that! he's definitely outshining crosby at this point. and i think crosby is behind marek svatos of colorado at this point to. but overall a great year for rookies! im loving it.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
on a different note, how about that goal ovechkin had against the coyotes monday night?!?! i saw the replay and was like you gotta be kidding me!! that kid is nuts and the fact that he is basically the entire team just amplifies my respect for what he is doing. i read somewhere that he didnt want to go to a team that was a few wins away from the cup that he wanted to carry the team from the bottom up. you gotta respect an attitude like that! he's definitely outshining crosby at this point. and i think crosby is behind marek svatos of colorado at this point to. but overall a great year for rookies! im loving it.
Best looking goal in years!..though the goalie looked like he fell asleep!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Or when he beat the hell out of Barnaby and was thrashing him aorund like a ragdoll.

I also like the the Konstatinov hit vs. Detroit. The guy couldn't could skate back to the bench he was hit so hard and fell on his face after whobbling around for a few sec.

He was the most dominant player for a good 6-7 years. The "Legion of Doom" line was unreal for a good 2-3 seasons.
I knew you had it in you:woohoo: You don`t come from these parts and not be a Hockey nut!
Philly was voted the number one hockey city!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the craziest part of this season is that no rookie had scored 30 goals in a season since Jason Arnott in 93-94 and this year looks like we will have at least 4 players w/ 30+ goals.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established

#2) 1997 Playoffs Tampa Bays has been abusing Lindros the whole series. Lindros determined to stay out of trouble and on the ice does not retaliate. Until, the Flyers take a 2 goal lead in the deciding game with about 4 minute to play. Lindros enter the ice on a seek and destroy misson, racking up three knock downs including ripping open a hole in the head of long time nemisis Igor Ulanov.

Dats what I`m talking about:nutkick:

Another one... the end to end rush and GOAL to clinch the Rangers series.

Such promise... such disappointment.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Lots of good kids comin in!

Got a few in Philly Carter, Umberger and my Fav Mike Richards does everything and will fight your hardhead if need be. Scored a 2 man down short handed goal already. Give me the guy that kills, plays the powerplay, defensively sound and bangs anyday over the 50 goal guy the disappears in the playoffs.

One more to watch Ben Eager, Clarkie told everyone when he traded Comrie
"Eager was the key to this deal"

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dats what I`m talking about:nutkick:

Another one... the end to end rush and GOAL to clinch the Rangers series.

Such promise... such disappointment.

Back hand from the circle anyone?

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established

Back hand from the circle anyone?

Which time?:rofl: Man he had so many quick snap goals... softest hands I`ve seen since Tim Kerr.

By the the way for those listening it wasn`t a hit that opened up Ulanovs head. But multiple fists:nutkick:
Man could fight... Only guy I heard Dave Brown say he wouldn`t want to rumble.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Christ on a bicycle, DO the pens ever suck, I went ot the hockey store today and picked up my Flyers shirt. I had to put hockey on hold being that the Steelers mad eit ot the AFC champ game. I'm currently consumed by that.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Christ on a bicycle, DO the pens ever suck, I went ot the hockey store today and picked up my Flyers shirt. I had to put hockey on hold being that the Steelers mad eit ot the AFC champ game. I'm currently consumed by that.
Ziggy Palfy's retirement will not help the Penguin cause, He must have been having no fun!

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
yeah that was a bit out of nowhere. but after he said he didnt want to play in the olympics you could tell he lost some of his fire. it's sad to see talent like that walk away. definitely wont help the pens at all.

IainDaniel

Awards
Nah Palfy's Retirement does nothing but help the Pen's. It is a little sketchy though.

This frees up cap space allowing them to keep Marc-Andre Fleury up and sign Cairns as a protector, since nobody else on the team has the balls to step up to the plate. Other then Crosby and he shouldn't be doing it.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Senators are taking the cup this year, no question.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
someone on the capitals just failed a drug test for the olympics, im guessing its for steroids. i think he was banned by both the NHL and, of course, the olympics.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Christ another pens loss. I was there and it was said liek 14K people. I went from nose bleed tickets(25 dollars a peice to Levl B 60 dollar seats in one peroid) THey played good hockey until the third. Hines Ward and Jeff Reed where at the game Ward was like 5 rows in front of me. It wa samazing to see that like more than 3o% of the fans there were in steelers atire

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i went to the hawks avalanche game tonight and it wasnt even close to half filled. and of course my avs lost to one of the worst teams in the nhl. ah well, all winning streaks have to end sometime.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
someone on the capitals just failed a drug test for the olympics, im guessing its for steroids. i think he was banned by both the NHL and, of course, the olympics.
Bryan Berard of Columbus falied a drug test. He tested positive for nandrolone.

IainDaniel

Awards
Yep Berard. It was for the US olympic testing (Even though he wasn't on the team) He has received a two year ban from international competition. And probably won't receive any suspension from the NHL as this test was from back in November and isn't valid per the collective barginning agreement.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep Berard. It was for the US olympic testing (Even though he wasn't on the team) He has received a two year ban from international competition. And probably won't receive any suspension from the NHL as this test was from back in November and isn't valid per the collective barginning agreement.
He also passed two subsequent tests after his positive test...I thought that nandralone stayed in the system for months at a time??? Maybe its only deca that lingers for that long:think:

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Hmmm i'm watching the pens game now,and this NHL on NBC is pretty good. But that aside, they were saying about a brake int he season for the olymics. How far does that extend the season to? I don't think i recall a break, even though it makes sense cause the player gotta go to there each respective national teams.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
it doesnt extend the season, they structure the season to compensate for it. which is why there are a ton more back to back games on consecutive nights. many teams have already played more than half their games and we arent even to where the allstar break would normally be. i think there is a 3 week break for the olympics tho.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Yeah it was brought to my attention that the nhl is already liek over the midway point for games so they all just get the time off. THat was there are alot of the back to back games.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Welp... I'm officaly on sucide watch.........
Bye bye French-CanidanGuy.:jaw:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Wrivest Sports Talk 101
Sports Talk 12