Larry Johnson is the best back in the NFL - AnabolicMinds.com

Larry Johnson is the best back in the NFL

Larry Johnson is the best back in the NFL

I said months ago that if he became a full time starter that he'd rip **** up.......if he would have been a starter from day one he would smash every record set by any back...rushing yards and TD's.

Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oswizzle
    I said months ago that if he became a full time starter that he'd rip **** up.......if he would have been a starter from day one he would smash every record set by any back...rushing yards and TD's.
    I was waiting for this. He is good, I'll give you that. BUT...you could drive an 18 wheeler through the holes his O-Line provides for him. You have 3 of the best O-Lineman in the league in Roaf, Shields and Wiegmann; all pro bowlers. Barry Sanders could come out of retirement and easily run for 1000 yards.

When they don't have to take him out on 3rd down passing plays because he either can't or won't block, then maybe, he might be up for consideration.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

No frigging way.

Shaun Alexander is the best back in the NFL this year.

you are correct, not that you needed me to tell you this! lol

last nine games
    150 yds/game
    1351 rushin yards
    1.88 td's/game

take those #'s for a full season
    2400 yds
    30.2 tds

as far as receiving he was

9th in rec yds for a back w/ 343 yds.

and 22nd for rec w/ 33

def a great line

and you can always teach someone how to block but you can't teach someone how to run like gran ma ma

throw up the diamond cutter baby.....unnh!

His O-Line is sick....but watch the games fellaz...he gets all his yards after contact.....Larry Johnson is cannot be stopped...he tore up 3 of the best run D's like it was nothing.

i agree he kicked ass. 9 games doesn't make him the best in the nfl though. if he continues to rip it up next year when teams know hes coming then you may have a point. till then.

Good lines and good backs go together... now take Tiki Barber and put him behind KCs line or let him run behind Jones and Hutchinson.

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Good lines and good backs go together... now take Tiki Barber and put him behind KCs line or let him run behind Jones and Hutchinson.
    umm not always

sanders and detroit

put sanders behind emmits line in dallas and sanders rushes for 20 g's

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    umm not always

sanders and detroit

put sanders behind emmits line in dallas and sanders rushes for 20 g's

My point exactly with the Barber comment! Sanders wasn`t good he was unbelievable!
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

So was Emmitt Smith; but he had the Dallas O-line to help.

Put him on a team not geared as a rushing offense and see what happens.

For me, the best back inthe NFL is a 2 way tie between Shaun Alexander and Tiki Barber.... The Edge coming in 3rd and Johnson 4th

alexander has Walter Jones on his O-Line whos condsidered the best at his position maybe ever......U guys just have to watch LJ play to understand....

Wow Roaf is still playing? I had no idea. Isn't he like 50 now?

I've had LJ on my fanasy team for 3 years, and boy did it pay off this year
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I watched him play against the Chargers the weekend before last and I watched him play against the Bengals last weekend. Great blocking paired with bad tackling makes for easy yardage on the ground. Did Cincy even show up last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    So was Emmitt Smith; but he had the Dallas O-line to help.

Put him on a team not geared as a rushing offense and see what happens.

For me, the best back inthe NFL is a 2 way tie between Shaun Alexander and Tiki Barber.... The Edge coming in 3rd and Johnson 4th
    TIKI? No way. For pure skill LJ and Alexander are way better then him.

Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    TIKI? No way. For pure skill LJ and Alexander are way better then him.
    Look at his numbers http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1782. Then tell me how many Olineman from the Giants are Probowlers. Also remember for whatever reason the coach takes him out inside the 10?!??

This is coming from an Eagles fan
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

Wow Roaf is still playing? I had no idea. Isn't he like 50 now?

I've had LJ on my fanasy team for 3 years, and boy did it pay off this year
    LOL, Roaf may be old but KC's offense wasn't very good at all until Willie came all the way back from a bad hammy. First Ballot HOF, if not it will only be from playing in NO and KC and not huge media markets. LJ is a damn good back but I have to agree he's not the best as his pass blocking sucks. He might be the best runner though. My defintion of a great back is one who stays healthy and ages well, in which Tiki Barber has done great in both departments, but also not fumbling is important and Tiki has had those problems in the past. Playing hurt and staying healthy at that position is paramount to being the best, all the players mentioned have great skills and good lines make them look even better. That's what made Walter Payton so good, some of those Bears teams sucked ass on the line and he never got hurt. Incredible.
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

For me, Edgerrin is the 2nd best RB.

When he was out for the year with the ACL tear and then 80% the next year, the Colts O sucked ass. It wasn't until he got back to 100% that they took off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski
    That's what made Walter Payton so good, some of those Bears teams sucked ass on the line and he never got hurt. Incredible.
    Sweetness... now there is a runningback

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Look at his numbers http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1782. Then tell me how many Olineman from the Giants are Probowlers. Also remember for whatever reason the coach takes him out inside the 10?!??

This is coming from an Eagles fan
    Um...

LJ vs Tiki

- Giants have a passing attack - Advantage Tiki

- LJ wasn't even the starting RB for almost half the season! - Advantage Tiki

- Did you see any of the highlights when Tiki went over 200 yards? My Dad could have gone for 100 vs the tackling he faced. - Advantage Tiki

- LJ has the best oline - Advantage LJ

This is like an Emmitt vs Barry debate. Barry was clearly the better runner, but he didn't have everything else like Emmitt did.

PS. While we are at it lets look at the stats. LJ has over twice the TDs, and only 100 less yards. Did I mention that he was the backup for half the season?

Um...

LJ vs Tiki

- Did you see any of the highlights when Tiki went over 200 yards? My Dad could have gone for 100 vs the tackling he faced. - Advantage
    Yea it was the 95(umm... 85) Bears that LJ went up against Sunday?

FWIW Didn`t he run against Oakland 2x this year?
    Last edited by EEmain; 01-03-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Um...

LJ vs Tiki

PS. While we are at it lets look at the stats. LJ has over twice the TDs, and only 100 less yards. Did I mention that he was the backup for half the season?
    Yea half a season and more carries...

If you watched the Giants at all this year you would have seen Barber on the sideline inside the 5... Why? Coughlin wanted it that way... you must of missed that in my previous post. LJ ever go to the side inside the 50yd line?

Um...

LJ vs Tiki

Maybe? We would have to see what Tiki could do with 15 more touches per game...

LJ vs Tiki

This is like an Emmitt vs Barry debate. Barry was clearly the better runner, but he didn't have everything else like Emmitt did.
    Don`t compare LJ to 2 hall of fame runningbacks after one good year...

Barber you can mention in the same breath if you looked beyound just Sun at the numbers...
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I'd like to see if LJ can hold up during an ENTIRE season with as many carries he had this season even though he was limited earlier in the season. Durability makes a good running back as well.
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I'd like to see if LJ can hold up during an ENTIRE season with as many carries he had this season even though he was limited earlier in the season. Durability makes a good running back as well.
    No way LJ holds up for a whole season getting 30 carries a game, not an idictment against him but no back can handle 480 carries, especially with his running style. "If" Priest Holmes would be willing to caddie for LJ (and I think he would at his age and if they are willing to pay him) and get 5-8 carries a game it would help tremendously. Right now LJ's backup is Dee Brown, and he hasn't been the same since that dunk contest way back when..
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

alexander has Walter Jones on his O-Line whos condsidered the best at his position maybe ever......U guys just have to watch LJ play to understand....
    Maybe you should watch some other teams besides KC? (who isnt making the playoffs this year I might add )
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Um...

LJ vs Tiki

- Did you see any of the highlights when Tiki went over 200 yards? My Dad could have gone for 100 vs the tackling he faced. - Advantage Tiki

This whole TD by a RB thing is totally bunk. MANY teams put in the Fullback if they run it in... most RBs get the ball there but don't always run it in...

When you have an offense GEARED towards running the ball; you have a HUGE advantage... so LJ has it there buddy; sorry. Tiki being on a passing team just shows that he can run the ball quite well when the O-line isnt the best.

I think your misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm talking about Talent here. I'm not even saying Tiki isn't a good back, he just isn't in the top 3 of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski
    No way LJ holds up for a whole season getting 30 carries a game, not an idictment against him but no back can handle 480 carries, especially with his running style. "If" Priest Holmes would be willing to caddie for LJ (and I think he would at his age and if they are willing to pay him) and get 5-8 carries a game it would help tremendously. Right now LJ's backup is Dee Brown, and he hasn't been the same since that dunk contest way back when..
    The baddest man I`ve ever seen... Earl Campbell http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/CampEa00.htm

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
  2. Who has the best triceps in the game?
    By SR83 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
  3. Elementrip is back in the F'n game
    By elementrip in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
  4. The best fighter in the world
    By robdog in forum MMA
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 04:46 PM
  5. The Best Page in the Universe