OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs

Yup its 2006 now, but they're considered the 2005 playoffs right? Its wildcard weekend!!!

In the NFC you've got:

Washington at Tampa Bay
    and
    Carolina at New York

--------------------------------
    And in the AFC you've got:

Jacksonville at New England
    and
    Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

What are your predictions for this week?
    I've got:
    Tampa Bay over Washington
    New York over Carolina

Jacksonville over New England
    Pittsburgh over Cincinnati

I choose Jacksonville over New England because I dont think the Pats are going to be physically healthy enough to play such a physical team. Great offense, mediocre defense; there's nothing they've done that proves they are ready for the big time YET. They might surprise me; but they've only beaten a struggling Tampa Bay team using their ultra-cold and soggy homefield advantage. The Jets scored 21 points against them... THE JETS.
    They'll have the advantage again in this game with the weather being most likely snow (like every playoff game in Gillette stadium) but the Jaguars are a very physical team; and thats what it takes to win in weather.

I pick Pittsburgh over Cincinnati this time because of the complete role reversal I've seen from both teams. Cincy blowing a shot at the #2 seed... loses at the Bills and now KC don't give me much confidence; nor does the fact their Head Coach is quite disappointed in their performance.
    The Steelers on the other hand are doing much better and watching the games; they are playing much more like the Steelers of old yore. Big Ben is doing much better, etc. It will be a close game I'm sure. I HOPE the Bengals win; but I dont see it happening.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

NE beats Jacksonville at home. Experience wins out.

I do agree with your Pittsburgh pick. Cincy has looked like **** lately and have given up an average of 30 points over the past few games. Pittsburgh on the other hand, has looked like the team we all know they can be.

TB loses to Washington because of Chris Simms who will make too many mistakes. Washington's run D will keep the Cadillac in park. And also because they lost to the Niners this year. How pathetic is that.

NY beats Carolina because Tiki Barber has played awesome this year. Although, if Eli Manning makes too many mistakes and continues to be inconsistant like he has been this year, Carolina has a chance to pull it out.
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

Nate, I agree with all your picks.

Even deeper, the steelers are a danger to anyone they face, and the same can be said about NE.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Washington over Tampa
    NY over Carolina

Jacksonville over NE
    Pittsburgh over Cincinatti
  5. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I watch a lot of Eli Manning's games and I can see the inconsistency; but the BIGGEST problem I see, is the DROPPED PASSES. I've never seen a pro team that did very well that dropped so many passes.
    This IMO has caused him to use Shockey as a go-to guy; and even tho the TE can be a dangerous weapon; you cant use him very often because part of his danger is the confusion he creates in the pass or block scenario.

I think Eli will do very well like his brother; he's actually a more mobile quarterback. I figure give him about 2 more years (and keep him on a decent team) and he'll be top 3 easy.

I agree on the TB statement Even though I think the Redskins stink; I think TB stinks even more (funny because almost EVERYONE in the NFC stinks)
  6. Registered User
    Answers

The Skins are going all the way boys, that's all that matters.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DodgelovesCake
    You couldn't be more right.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DodgelovesCake
    Having seen what Mark Brunell did in Jacksonville (He can pull of some ridiculous plays when he's hot), and with the talent of Portis and Moss, the potential is definitely there for them to win the NFC. I hope they make it.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Answers

Tampa over washington,
    Ny over carolina

NE over jacksonville
    and cincinatti over pittsburgh

just my thoughts
    RIP Ryan, :(
  10. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

My friend in sub-school for the Navy tells me that in Groton, CT; its nothing but Patriot fans. Absolutely hates it; because thats all thats on TV and thats all everyone talks about; with their whacko yankee accents

He was born in Texas, raised there and here in AL. So I cant comment much on accents. Except southern accents are mathematically proven to speak more proper english What IS a car warsh anyway? ROFL

Back to the game. Anyone heard anything about Bruschi? (is that how you spell his name?) Leftwich is supposed to start; but no one knows how rusty he'll be.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by brogers
    Having seen what Mark Brunell did in Jacksonville (He can pull of some ridiculous plays when he's hot), and with the talent of Portis and Moss, the potential is definitely there for them to win the NFC. I hope they make it.
    Me too, i'm a huge Redskins fan and my dad is a New England fan.

That would be my dream Superbowl.

If that happens i'm hopping a plane to Jacksonville and scalping a couple of tickets, can't wmiss that one if it happens
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

'Skins, 'Skins, 'Skins..Baby!!!!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

WILD CARD
    Jacksonville 7
    New England 24

Pittsburgh 29
    Cincinnati 24

Washington 17
    Tampa Bay 13

Carolina 31
    NY Giants 21
    DIVISIONAL PLAY-OFF GAMES
    Pittsburgh 16
    Indianapolis 38

New England 21
    Denver 22

Washington 17
    Seattle 34

Carolina 20
    Chicago 17
    CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
    Carolina 20
    Seattle 30

Denver 20
    Indianapolis 34
    SUPER BOWL
    Seattle 27
    Indianapolis 44
  14. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    WILD CARD
    Jacksonville 7
    New England 24

Pittsburgh 29
    Cincinnati 24

Washington 17
    Tampa Bay 13

Carolina 31
    NY Giants 21
    DIVISIONAL PLAY-OFF GAMES
    Pittsburgh 16
    Indianapolis 38

New England 21
    Denver 22

Washington 17
    Seattle 34

Carolina 20
    Chicago 17
    CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
    Carolina 20
    Seattle 30

Denver 20
    Indianapolis 34
    SUPER BOWL
    Seattle 27
    Indianapolis 44
    I like dem predictions... YESSIR

I really don't think Carolina is going to beat the NYG. And can I have your argument on why the Pitts/Cincy game will be of such a low score? I would think logic might say it'd be a 30-40 pt game wouldnt it?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Bruschi will almost certainly play on Saturday. He has the calf injury, but it's not too serious. He was held out last week because the Pats already had clinched the playoffs.

I almost feel guilty rooting for another Pats Super Bowl title this year (I guess this is how Yankee fans must have felt in past years). Well, I have been a Patriots fan my whole life, even when they were a laughingstock of the league for the longest time.

More than likely, the Colts should make it to the Super Bowl from the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    My friend in sub-school for the Navy tells me that in Groton, CT; its nothing but Patriot fans. Absolutely hates it; because thats all thats on TV and thats all everyone talks about; with their whacko yankee accents

He was born in Texas, raised there and here in AL. So I cant comment much on accents. Except southern accents are mathematically proven to speak more proper english What IS a car warsh anyway? ROFL

Back to the game. Anyone heard anything about Bruschi? (is that how you spell his name?) Leftwich is supposed to start; but no one knows how rusty he'll be.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I like dem predictions... YESSIR

I really don't think Carolina is going to beat the NYG. And can I have your argument on why the Pitts/Cincy game will be of such a low score? I would think logic might say it'd be a 30-40 pt game wouldnt it?
    I think the game won't be a shootout because there will be some turnovers in this one and Pittsburgh will have some long drives. The Bengals lack the play-off experience that the Steelers have and Pittsburgh know it will be better off staying away from a shootout because it won't work vs. Cincy.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Tampa over Redskins
    NE over Jacksonville
    Giants over Carolina
    Steelers over Cincinatti
  18. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I think the game won't be a shootout because there will be some turnovers in this one and Pittsburgh will have some long drives. The Bengals lack the play-off experience that the Steelers have and Pittsburgh know it will be better off staying away from a shootout because it won't work vs. Cincy.
    Thats a good point. If the Steelers can play their ball control and make long drives; and make a nice stop or two against Cincy; then its prolly gonna be all overwith.

Cincy hasnt been doing too well with the turnover margin as of late either.
  19. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

It seems Cincy has been resting a lot of their team since the fluky game against the Dolphins. I didnt realize that at all. I was curious how KC was able to blow them out. They just might beat Pittsburgh.

From Page 2 on ESPN:

"We have the up-and-down Panthers coming off a decisive victory against a disinterested Atlanta team that may or may not have been quitting on the coach. How does that change what happened the previous 16 weeks, like three awful losses at home (New Orleans, Tampa, Dallas) and three certified stink bombs from Beezlebub on the road (at Miami, Detroit and Chicago). Suddenly a warm-weather team is waltzing into Giants Stadium, with a chance of rain, against a great pass rush, with one of the most influential home crowds going against them ... and they're pulling off an upset in Round 1? How does that make sense?"

Oh and the NFL Playoff Manifesto:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...immons/060106a
  20. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

Nobody has any Denver Bronco love!
    neither do I though...

this weekend
    Jacksonville wins
    Washington wins
    NY Giants win
    Cinci Bengals win

Superbowl: Indy 27 Chicago 7

Bears are impressive in a watered down NFC - but get trashed on the Turf in Detroit
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  21. Gold Member
    Answers

Tampa
    Carolina
    New England
    Pittsburgh
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    Tampa
    Wrong, baby!!
    My 'Skins just beat the Bucs with that punishing Defense and the worst offense in post-season history!!
  23. Registered User
    Answers

i like how iron warrior thinks. cept' that the hawks will beat indy in SB 40. SEEEEAAAAAHAWWWKS!
    Sage
  24. Registered User
    Answers

As has been typical of the past few years, people continue to underestimate the Patriots in the post season. Beating the Jags tonight, the Patriots captured another record of 10 consecutive playoff wins, having surpassed the former record of 9 held by Lombardi and the Packers almost 50 years ago. Quite an accomplishment, add yet another to Belichick's and Brady's lists.

People critical of the Patriots this year who point to their inconsistent play on defense earlier in the season seem to conveniently ignore that at points in time they've played without Seymour, Warren, McGinest, Bruschi, Harrison and have fielded defensive corners and safeties on almost a revolving door basis due to injuries, including free agency pickups fresh off the street.

Even on offense, Logan Mankins a rookie at left guard, Nick Kaczur a rookie at left tackle to replace the injured Matt Light, and Ross Hochstein has replaced Dan Koppen at center. In the backfield, Corey Dillon has had 2 significant leg injuries, Kevin Faulk has missed games with a foot injury and Patrick Pass has had a hamstring injury. At that time, they acquired both Heath Evans and Amos Zereuoe, both fresh off the street. Daniel Graham at TE has also missed several games, as has Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson..... and on and on.

Yet in spite of that, and notwithstanding having the good fortune of being in the AFC east this year with other struggling teams, they're in the playoffs.

They are now fielding consistent, reasonably healthy personnel each week (although Dillon didn't actually start last night, and doesn't appear to be 100%). They've adjusted to having lost both Romeo Crennel (D Coordinator) and Charlie Weiss (O Coordinator). And the guys who were rookies, or who were new to the team have acquired experience and have adjusted. Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel weren't just able to keep their heads above water tonight, they looked impressive at times: Samuel returning an interception for a TD, and both making big play hits. And Rosy Colvin has finally rebounded 100% from his broken hip injury at OLB and is back to his dominating ways.

The Offense has consistently demonstrated an ability to score 20-30 points on anybody they play. But now, the defense isn't just playing better, they are dominating the teams they play. And it's been building for about 5-6 weeks now (forget about the Miami game, the starters rested, and that was their bye week)..... really, since the second half of the KC game. And yeah, they lost to KC, but they pretty much shut them down in the 2nd half and mounted a pretty decent comeback.

One thing you WON'T hear about after tonight's 28-3 route of the Jags, but is probably the best news of all, is that you DIDN'T hear anything negative about the play of either LB Chad Brown or Monty Beisel. They seemlessly transitioned in and out of schemes, and the impact of Bruschi NOT playing wasn't even a topic of discussion during the game. Beisel and Brown, both 1st year players on the team have adjusted to being Patriots, which was not the case early on in the season when teams ran right through them.

The Patriots are peaking at the right time. The Colts haven't played together in a meaningful game since their loss to the Chargers. I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see the Bengals beat the Steelers and have the Patriots go play the Colts right away next weekend.

Either way, neither the Colts nor the Broncos will be facing the same depleted beat up junior varsity version of the Patriots they faced in November. I believe the Patriots have now rebounded to the point where they can play competetively against anyone in the league. It's a great time, AGAIN, to be a Patriots Fan
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    i like how iron warrior thinks. cept' that the hawks will beat indy in SB 40. SEEEEAAAAAHAWWWKS!
    Sage
    Thank you sir for the compliment, but the Colts better win, I put $100 on them. That can help buy me a cycle or cost me one LOL
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Thank you sir for the compliment, but the Colts better win, I put $100 on them. That can help buy me a cycle or cost me one LOL
    shoot, if my hawks win the title after decades of dismal play, i might just buy everyone here a cycle. ha!
    Sage
  27. Board Supporter
    Answers

wow...I cant believe nearly everyone predicted Giants over Carolina.

Eli choked, Carolina defense held Barber at bay.

Carolina and Seahawks will meet up for the NFC championship.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Carolina looks to me to be the best of the NFC right now.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

That's if they can even make it past Pittsburgh next week.
  30. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah and the Patriots are totally back by beating wounded teams I'm sure I'll get some 10 paragraph long essay about why Belichik is god that I won't bother reading Dillon had how many yards against the Jags? How many times was Brady sacked? How many fumbled balls by the Pats? They barely won. IF they play like that against Denver or Indy they will be destroyed.

Anyone upset about the Pittsburgh game? I was VERY angry with how Carson Palmer was injured on his second snap. Judging by the pregame antics; I wouldnt put it past the Steelers and their notoriety of almost doing it on purpose. I saw MANY plays that showed some dirty, on-the-verge-of-cheating antics... weird thing is, Cincy got called for doing some of the same things and Pittsburgh did not.

Oh well. I called the game the way I thought it would be won, even though I wanted Cincy to win. I just feel cheated that it was done by injuring Palmer and Pittsburgh not being called for a few pass interference, holding, and that one play where Chad Johnson clearly had the ball but then had it clearly stripped out to go out of bounds (and they ruled it an incompletion)
  31. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    That's if they can even make it past Pittsburgh next week.
    Hmmm. Colts rested... Steelers not... indoors... at home... How many Probowl players? How many from DEFENSE? Where's the 'IF' again?
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Pittsburgh outplayed the Bengals plain and simple. What, you didn't think Pittsburgh wouldn't score against a weak ass D that gives up on average as many as they gave up tonight. And that wasn't a dirty play. C'mon now. I would go on, but I'm tired. That was a no doubter in my opinion. Next weekend I give the edge to the Colts obviously, but don't count out the Steelers.
  33. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sandinsciuz
    As has been typical of the past few years, people continue to underestimate the Patriots in the post season. Beating the Jags tonight, the Patriots captured another record of 10 consecutive playoff wins, having surpassed the former record of 9 held by Lombardi and the Packers almost 50 years ago. Quite an accomplishment, add yet another to Belichick's and Brady's lists.

People critical of the Patriots this year who point to their inconsistent play on defense earlier in the season seem to conveniently ignore that at points in time they've played without Seymour, Warren, McGinest, Bruschi, Harrison and have fielded defensive corners and safeties on almost a revolving door basis due to injuries, including free agency pickups fresh off the street.

Even on offense, Logan Mankins a rookie at left guard, Nick Kaczur a rookie at left tackle to replace the injured Matt Light, and Ross Hochstein has replaced Dan Koppen at center. In the backfield, Corey Dillon has had 2 significant leg injuries, Kevin Faulk has missed games with a foot injury and Patrick Pass has had a hamstring injury. At that time, they acquired both Heath Evans and Amos Zereuoe, both fresh off the street. Daniel Graham at TE has also missed several games, as has Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson..... and on and on.

Yet in spite of that, and notwithstanding having the good fortune of being in the AFC east this year with other struggling teams, they're in the playoffs.

They are now fielding consistent, reasonably healthy personnel each week (although Dillon didn't actually start last night, and doesn't appear to be 100%). They've adjusted to having lost both Romeo Crennel (D Coordinator) and Charlie Weiss (O Coordinator). And the guys who were rookies, or who were new to the team have acquired experience and have adjusted. Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel weren't just able to keep their heads above water tonight, they looked impressive at times: Samuel returning an interception for a TD, and both making big play hits. And Rosy Colvin has finally rebounded 100% from his broken hip injury at OLB and is back to his dominating ways.

The Offense has consistently demonstrated an ability to score 20-30 points on anybody they play. But now, the defense isn't just playing better, they are dominating the teams they play. And it's been building for about 5-6 weeks now (forget about the Miami game, the starters rested, and that was their bye week)..... really, since the second half of the KC game. And yeah, they lost to KC, but they pretty much shut them down in the 2nd half and mounted a pretty decent comeback.

One thing you WON'T hear about after tonight's 28-3 route of the Jags, but is probably the best news of all, is that you DIDN'T hear anything negative about the play of either LB Chad Brown or Monty Beisel. They seemlessly transitioned in and out of schemes, and the impact of Bruschi NOT playing wasn't even a topic of discussion during the game. Beisel and Brown, both 1st year players on the team have adjusted to being Patriots, which was not the case early on in the season when teams ran right through them.

The Patriots are peaking at the right time. The Colts haven't played together in a meaningful game since their loss to the Chargers. I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see the Bengals beat the Steelers and have the Patriots go play the Colts right away next weekend.

Either way, neither the Colts nor the Broncos will be facing the same depleted beat up junior varsity version of the Patriots they faced in November. I believe the Patriots have now rebounded to the point where they can play competetively against anyone in the league. It's a great time, AGAIN, to be a Patriots Fan

I don't want hear you crying when the Pats get destroyed in Denver. Just accept it like a man.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

As a Giants fan, I was embarrased watching that game. Eli was the worst I've ever seen him.

New predictions:
    Indy over Steelers
    Patriots over Broncos
    Bears over Redskins
    Seahawks over Carolina

The only possible upset is Broncos beating Patriots.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

yea, my hawks will win next week but they dont play carolina. they play the skins.
    Im sticking with my preseason prediction of hawks-steelers superbowl. for next weekend:

hawks 31
    skins 17

others game dont matter
    Sage
  36. Registered User
    Answers

My bad.

My predictions still remain the same.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    yea, my hawks will win next week but they dont play carolina. they play the skins.
    Im sticking with my preseason prediction of hawks-steelers superbowl. for next weekend:

hawks 31
    skins 17

others game dont matter
    Sage
    31 points on the 'Skins defense.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    absolutely.
    Sage
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I'm going out on a limb here (not really), but I'm picking all home teams this weekend.

Colts over Steelers
    Broncos over Pats
    Seahawks over Redskins
    Bears over Panthers
  40. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    The only reason the skins held tampa at bay is because of consitancy. Tampa has had a problem all year with scoring. I think they only went into the 30's like 2 times and there average was only around 18 or so. They got 10 which is expected. Washing is going to get totally mutilated, as my boys the "seapigeons" are going to romp that ass. Sure Cadillac is good, but is no comparison to SA. Sure Chris Simms is good, well actually not, he cant hold a match to Matts ass. The skins will be embarressd here next weekend and I see a Colts vs hawks SB with the hawks pulling out a win!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let's here it boys and girls.....
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM
  2. OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP
    By Polish_Oak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 07:56 AM