OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Yup its 2006 now, but they're considered the 2005 playoffs right? :) Its wildcard weekend!!!

In the NFC you've got:

Washington at Tampa Bay
and
Carolina at New York

--------------------------------
And in the AFC you've got:

Jacksonville at New England
and
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

What are your predictions for this week?
I've got:
Tampa Bay over Washington
New York over Carolina

Jacksonville over New England
Pittsburgh over Cincinnati

I choose Jacksonville over New England because I dont think the Pats are going to be physically healthy enough to play such a physical team. Great offense, mediocre defense; there's nothing they've done that proves they are ready for the big time YET. They might surprise me; but they've only beaten a struggling Tampa Bay team using their ultra-cold and soggy homefield advantage. The Jets scored 21 points against them... THE JETS.
They'll have the advantage again in this game with the weather being most likely snow (like every playoff game in Gillette stadium) but the Jaguars are a very physical team; and thats what it takes to win in weather.

I pick Pittsburgh over Cincinnati this time because of the complete role reversal I've seen from both teams. Cincy blowing a shot at the #2 seed... loses at the Bills and now KC don't give me much confidence; nor does the fact their Head Coach is quite disappointed in their performance.
The Steelers on the other hand are doing much better and watching the games; they are playing much more like the Steelers of old yore. Big Ben is doing much better, etc. It will be a close game I'm sure. I HOPE the Bengals win; but I dont see it happening.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
NE beats Jacksonville at home. Experience wins out.

I do agree with your Pittsburgh pick. Cincy has looked like **** lately and have given up an average of 30 points over the past few games. Pittsburgh on the other hand, has looked like the team we all know they can be.

TB loses to Washington because of Chris Simms who will make too many mistakes. Washington's run D will keep the Cadillac in park. And also because they lost to the Niners this year. How pathetic is that.

NY beats Carolina because Tiki Barber has played awesome this year. Although, if Eli Manning makes too many mistakes and continues to be inconsistant like he has been this year, Carolina has a chance to pull it out.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nate, I agree with all your picks.

Even deeper, the steelers are a danger to anyone they face, and the same can be said about NE.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Washington over Tampa
NY over Carolina

Jacksonville over NE
Pittsburgh over Cincinatti

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I watch a lot of Eli Manning's games and I can see the inconsistency; but the BIGGEST problem I see, is the DROPPED PASSES. I've never seen a pro team that did very well that dropped so many passes.
This IMO has caused him to use Shockey as a go-to guy; and even tho the TE can be a dangerous weapon; you cant use him very often because part of his danger is the confusion he creates in the pass or block scenario.

I think Eli will do very well like his brother; he's actually a more mobile quarterback. I figure give him about 2 more years (and keep him on a decent team) and he'll be top 3 easy.

I agree on the TB statement :) Even though I think the Redskins stink; I think TB stinks even more (funny because almost EVERYONE in the NFC stinks)

DodgelovesCake

Awards
The Skins are going all the way boys, that's all that matters.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
The Skins are going all the way boys, that's all that matters.
Having seen what Mark Brunell did in Jacksonville (He can pull of some ridiculous plays when he's hot), and with the talent of Portis and Moss, the potential is definitely there for them to win the NFC. I hope they make it.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Tampa over washington,
Ny over carolina

NE over jacksonville
and cincinatti over pittsburgh

just my thoughts

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
My friend in sub-school for the Navy tells me that in Groton, CT; its nothing but Patriot fans. Absolutely hates it; because thats all thats on TV and thats all everyone talks about; with their whacko yankee accents ;)

He was born in Texas, raised there and here in AL. So I cant comment much on accents. Except southern accents are mathematically proven to speak more proper english ;) What IS a car warsh anyway? ROFL

Back to the game. Anyone heard anything about Bruschi? (is that how you spell his name?) Leftwich is supposed to start; but no one knows how rusty he'll be.

DodgelovesCake

Awards
Having seen what Mark Brunell did in Jacksonville (He can pull of some ridiculous plays when he's hot), and with the talent of Portis and Moss, the potential is definitely there for them to win the NFC. I hope they make it.
Me too, i'm a huge Redskins fan and my dad is a New England fan.

That would be my dream Superbowl.

If that happens i'm hopping a plane to Jacksonville and scalping a couple of tickets, can't wmiss that one if it happens:woohoo: :rofl:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
'Skins, 'Skins, 'Skins..Baby!!!!:bow28:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
WILD CARD
Jacksonville 7
New England 24

Pittsburgh 29
Cincinnati 24

Washington 17
Tampa Bay 13

Carolina 31
NY Giants 21
DIVISIONAL PLAY-OFF GAMES
Pittsburgh 16
Indianapolis 38

New England 21
Denver 22

Washington 17
Seattle 34

Carolina 20
Chicago 17
CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
Carolina 20
Seattle 30

Denver 20
Indianapolis 34
SUPER BOWL
Seattle 27
Indianapolis 44

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
WILD CARD
Jacksonville 7
New England 24

Pittsburgh 29
Cincinnati 24

Washington 17
Tampa Bay 13

Carolina 31
NY Giants 21
DIVISIONAL PLAY-OFF GAMES
Pittsburgh 16
Indianapolis 38

New England 21
Denver 22

Washington 17
Seattle 34

Carolina 20
Chicago 17
CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
Carolina 20
Seattle 30

Denver 20
Indianapolis 34
SUPER BOWL
Seattle 27
Indianapolis 44
I like dem predictions... YESSIR :woohoo:

I really don't think Carolina is going to beat the NYG. And can I have your argument on why the Pitts/Cincy game will be of such a low score? I would think logic might say it'd be a 30-40 pt game wouldnt it?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I like dem predictions... YESSIR :woohoo:

I really don't think Carolina is going to beat the NYG. And can I have your argument on why the Pitts/Cincy game will be of such a low score? I would think logic might say it'd be a 30-40 pt game wouldnt it?
I think the game won't be a shootout because there will be some turnovers in this one and Pittsburgh will have some long drives. The Bengals lack the play-off experience that the Steelers have and Pittsburgh know it will be better off staying away from a shootout because it won't work vs. Cincy.

Reggin

Awards
Tampa over Redskins
NE over Jacksonville
Giants over Carolina
Steelers over Cincinatti

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I think the game won't be a shootout because there will be some turnovers in this one and Pittsburgh will have some long drives. The Bengals lack the play-off experience that the Steelers have and Pittsburgh know it will be better off staying away from a shootout because it won't work vs. Cincy.
Thats a good point. If the Steelers can play their ball control and make long drives; and make a nice stop or two against Cincy; then its prolly gonna be all overwith.

Cincy hasnt been doing too well with the turnover margin as of late either.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
It seems Cincy has been resting a lot of their team since the fluky game against the Dolphins. I didnt realize that at all. I was curious how KC was able to blow them out. They just might beat Pittsburgh.

From Page 2 on ESPN:

"We have the up-and-down Panthers coming off a decisive victory against a disinterested Atlanta team that may or may not have been quitting on the coach. How does that change what happened the previous 16 weeks, like three awful losses at home (New Orleans, Tampa, Dallas) and three certified stink bombs from Beezlebub on the road (at Miami, Detroit and Chicago). Suddenly a warm-weather team is waltzing into Giants Stadium, with a chance of rain, against a great pass rush, with one of the most influential home crowds going against them ... and they're pulling off an upset in Round 1? How does that make sense?"

Oh and the NFL Playoff Manifesto:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060106a

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Nobody has any Denver Bronco love!
neither do I though...

this weekend
Jacksonville wins
Washington wins
NY Giants win
Cinci Bengals win

Superbowl: Indy 27 Chicago 7

Bears are impressive in a watered down NFC - but get trashed on the Turf in Detroit

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Tampa
Carolina
New England
Pittsburgh

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i like how iron warrior thinks. cept' that the hawks will beat indy in SB 40. SEEEEAAAAAHAWWWKS!
Sage

sandinsciuz

Awards
As has been typical of the past few years, people continue to underestimate the Patriots in the post season. Beating the Jags tonight, the Patriots captured another record of 10 consecutive playoff wins, having surpassed the former record of 9 held by Lombardi and the Packers almost 50 years ago. Quite an accomplishment, add yet another to Belichick's and Brady's lists.

People critical of the Patriots this year who point to their inconsistent play on defense earlier in the season seem to conveniently ignore that at points in time they've played without Seymour, Warren, McGinest, Bruschi, Harrison and have fielded defensive corners and safeties on almost a revolving door basis due to injuries, including free agency pickups fresh off the street.

Even on offense, Logan Mankins a rookie at left guard, Nick Kaczur a rookie at left tackle to replace the injured Matt Light, and Ross Hochstein has replaced Dan Koppen at center. In the backfield, Corey Dillon has had 2 significant leg injuries, Kevin Faulk has missed games with a foot injury and Patrick Pass has had a hamstring injury. At that time, they acquired both Heath Evans and Amos Zereuoe, both fresh off the street. Daniel Graham at TE has also missed several games, as has Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson..... and on and on.

Yet in spite of that, and notwithstanding having the good fortune of being in the AFC east this year with other struggling teams, they're in the playoffs.

They are now fielding consistent, reasonably healthy personnel each week (although Dillon didn't actually start last night, and doesn't appear to be 100%). They've adjusted to having lost both Romeo Crennel (D Coordinator) and Charlie Weiss (O Coordinator). And the guys who were rookies, or who were new to the team have acquired experience and have adjusted. Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel weren't just able to keep their heads above water tonight, they looked impressive at times: Samuel returning an interception for a TD, and both making big play hits. And Rosy Colvin has finally rebounded 100% from his broken hip injury at OLB and is back to his dominating ways.

The Offense has consistently demonstrated an ability to score 20-30 points on anybody they play. But now, the defense isn't just playing better, they are dominating the teams they play. And it's been building for about 5-6 weeks now (forget about the Miami game, the starters rested, and that was their bye week)..... really, since the second half of the KC game. And yeah, they lost to KC, but they pretty much shut them down in the 2nd half and mounted a pretty decent comeback.

One thing you WON'T hear about after tonight's 28-3 route of the Jags, but is probably the best news of all, is that you DIDN'T hear anything negative about the play of either LB Chad Brown or Monty Beisel. They seemlessly transitioned in and out of schemes, and the impact of Bruschi NOT playing wasn't even a topic of discussion during the game. Beisel and Brown, both 1st year players on the team have adjusted to being Patriots, which was not the case early on in the season when teams ran right through them.

The Patriots are peaking at the right time. The Colts haven't played together in a meaningful game since their loss to the Chargers. I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see the Bengals beat the Steelers and have the Patriots go play the Colts right away next weekend.

Either way, neither the Colts nor the Broncos will be facing the same depleted beat up junior varsity version of the Patriots they faced in November. I believe the Patriots have now rebounded to the point where they can play competetively against anyone in the league. It's a great time, AGAIN, to be a Patriots Fan :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
i like how iron warrior thinks. cept' that the hawks will beat indy in SB 40. SEEEEAAAAAHAWWWKS!
Sage
Thank you sir for the compliment, but the Colts better win, I put $100 on them. That can help buy me a cycle or cost me one LOL

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Thank you sir for the compliment, but the Colts better win, I put $100 on them. That can help buy me a cycle or cost me one LOL
shoot, if my hawks win the title after decades of dismal play, i might just buy everyone here a cycle. ha!
Sage

hannainnc

Board Supporter
Awards
wow...I cant believe nearly everyone predicted Giants over Carolina.

Eli choked, Carolina defense held Barber at bay.

Carolina and Seahawks will meet up for the NFC championship.

sandinsciuz

Awards
Carolina looks to me to be the best of the NFC right now.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
That's if they can even make it past Pittsburgh next week.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Yeah and the Patriots are totally back by beating wounded teams ;) I'm sure I'll get some 10 paragraph long essay about why Belichik is god that I won't bother reading :D Dillon had how many yards against the Jags? How many times was Brady sacked? How many fumbled balls by the Pats? They barely won. IF they play like that against Denver or Indy they will be destroyed.

Anyone upset about the Pittsburgh game? I was VERY angry with how Carson Palmer was injured on his second snap. Judging by the pregame antics; I wouldnt put it past the Steelers and their notoriety of almost doing it on purpose. I saw MANY plays that showed some dirty, on-the-verge-of-cheating antics... weird thing is, Cincy got called for doing some of the same things and Pittsburgh did not.

Oh well. I called the game the way I thought it would be won, even though I wanted Cincy to win. I just feel cheated that it was done by injuring Palmer and Pittsburgh not being called for a few pass interference, holding, and that one play where Chad Johnson clearly had the ball but then had it clearly stripped out to go out of bounds (and they ruled it an incompletion)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
That's if they can even make it past Pittsburgh next week.
Hmmm. Colts rested... Steelers not... indoors... at home... How many Probowl players? How many from DEFENSE? Where's the 'IF' again?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Pittsburgh outplayed the Bengals plain and simple. What, you didn't think Pittsburgh wouldn't score against a weak ass D that gives up on average as many as they gave up tonight. And that wasn't a dirty play. C'mon now. I would go on, but I'm tired. That was a no doubter in my opinion. Next weekend I give the edge to the Colts obviously, but don't count out the Steelers.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
As has been typical of the past few years, people continue to underestimate the Patriots in the post season. Beating the Jags tonight, the Patriots captured another record of 10 consecutive playoff wins, having surpassed the former record of 9 held by Lombardi and the Packers almost 50 years ago. Quite an accomplishment, add yet another to Belichick's and Brady's lists.

People critical of the Patriots this year who point to their inconsistent play on defense earlier in the season seem to conveniently ignore that at points in time they've played without Seymour, Warren, McGinest, Bruschi, Harrison and have fielded defensive corners and safeties on almost a revolving door basis due to injuries, including free agency pickups fresh off the street.

Even on offense, Logan Mankins a rookie at left guard, Nick Kaczur a rookie at left tackle to replace the injured Matt Light, and Ross Hochstein has replaced Dan Koppen at center. In the backfield, Corey Dillon has had 2 significant leg injuries, Kevin Faulk has missed games with a foot injury and Patrick Pass has had a hamstring injury. At that time, they acquired both Heath Evans and Amos Zereuoe, both fresh off the street. Daniel Graham at TE has also missed several games, as has Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson..... and on and on.

Yet in spite of that, and notwithstanding having the good fortune of being in the AFC east this year with other struggling teams, they're in the playoffs.

They are now fielding consistent, reasonably healthy personnel each week (although Dillon didn't actually start last night, and doesn't appear to be 100%). They've adjusted to having lost both Romeo Crennel (D Coordinator) and Charlie Weiss (O Coordinator). And the guys who were rookies, or who were new to the team have acquired experience and have adjusted. Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel weren't just able to keep their heads above water tonight, they looked impressive at times: Samuel returning an interception for a TD, and both making big play hits. And Rosy Colvin has finally rebounded 100% from his broken hip injury at OLB and is back to his dominating ways.

The Offense has consistently demonstrated an ability to score 20-30 points on anybody they play. But now, the defense isn't just playing better, they are dominating the teams they play. And it's been building for about 5-6 weeks now (forget about the Miami game, the starters rested, and that was their bye week)..... really, since the second half of the KC game. And yeah, they lost to KC, but they pretty much shut them down in the 2nd half and mounted a pretty decent comeback.

One thing you WON'T hear about after tonight's 28-3 route of the Jags, but is probably the best news of all, is that you DIDN'T hear anything negative about the play of either LB Chad Brown or Monty Beisel. They seemlessly transitioned in and out of schemes, and the impact of Bruschi NOT playing wasn't even a topic of discussion during the game. Beisel and Brown, both 1st year players on the team have adjusted to being Patriots, which was not the case early on in the season when teams ran right through them.

The Patriots are peaking at the right time. The Colts haven't played together in a meaningful game since their loss to the Chargers. I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see the Bengals beat the Steelers and have the Patriots go play the Colts right away next weekend.

Either way, neither the Colts nor the Broncos will be facing the same depleted beat up junior varsity version of the Patriots they faced in November. I believe the Patriots have now rebounded to the point where they can play competetively against anyone in the league. It's a great time, AGAIN, to be a Patriots Fan :)

I don't want hear you crying when the Pats get destroyed in Denver. Just accept it like a man.:icon_lol:

Reggin

Awards
As a Giants fan, I was embarrased watching that game. Eli was the worst I've ever seen him.

New predictions:
Indy over Steelers
Patriots over Broncos
Bears over Redskins
Seahawks over Carolina

The only possible upset is Broncos beating Patriots.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
yea, my hawks will win next week but they dont play carolina. they play the skins.
Im sticking with my preseason prediction of hawks-steelers superbowl. for next weekend:

hawks 31
skins 17

others game dont matter :)
Sage

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
yea, my hawks will win next week but they dont play carolina. they play the skins.
Im sticking with my preseason prediction of hawks-steelers superbowl. for next weekend:

hawks 31
skins 17

others game dont matter :)
Sage
31 points on the 'Skins defense.:icon_lol:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm going out on a limb here (not really), but I'm picking all home teams this weekend.

Colts over Steelers
Broncos over Pats
Seahawks over Redskins
Bears over Panthers

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
31 points on the 'Skins defense.:icon_lol:
The only reason the skins held tampa at bay is because of consitancy. Tampa has had a problem all year with scoring. I think they only went into the 30's like 2 times and there average was only around 18 or so. They got 10 which is expected. Washing is going to get totally mutilated, as my boys the "seapigeons" are going to romp that ass. Sure Cadillac is good, but is no comparison to SA. Sure Chris Simms is good, well actually not, he cant hold a match to Matts ass. The skins will be embarressd here next weekend and I see a Colts vs hawks SB with the hawks pulling out a win!!!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The only reason the skins held tampa at bay is because of consitancy. Tampa has had a problem all year with scoring. I think they only went into the 30's like 2 times and there average was only around 18 or so. They got 10 which is expected. Washing is going to get totally mutilated, as my boys the "seapigeons" are going to romp that ass. Sure Cadillac is good, but is no comparison to SA. Sure Chris Simms is good, well actually not, he cant hold a match to Matts ass. The skins will be embarressd here next weekend and I see a Colts vs hawks SB with the hawks pulling out a win!!!
Didn't we beat you guys once? If Joe can get that pathetic offense to acutally do a few things then it will be a game.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Didn't we beat you guys once? If Joe can get that pathetic offense to acutally do a few things then it will be a game.
Any one can get lucky once, to win twice, that will actually take some talent and skill. Which, your team has neither!!!
:bow28:

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the way brunell is playing right now skins are going nowhere. only if the seahawks hurt themselves they will lose. could happen though, it happened before...

sandinsciuz

Awards
Yeah and the Patriots are totally back by beating wounded teams ;) I'm sure I'll get some 10 paragraph long essay about why Belichik is god that I won't bother reading :D Dillon had how many yards against the Jags? How many times was Brady sacked? How many fumbled balls by the Pats? They barely won. IF they play like that against Denver or Indy they will be destroyed.

Anyone upset about the Pittsburgh game? I was VERY angry with how Carson Palmer was injured on his second snap. Judging by the pregame antics; I wouldnt put it past the Steelers and their notoriety of almost doing it on purpose. I saw MANY plays that showed some dirty, on-the-verge-of-cheating antics... weird thing is, Cincy got called for doing some of the same things and Pittsburgh did not.

Oh well. I called the game the way I thought it would be won, even though I wanted Cincy to win. I just feel cheated that it was done by injuring Palmer and Pittsburgh not being called for a few pass interference, holding, and that one play where Chad Johnson clearly had the ball but then had it clearly stripped out to go out of bounds (and they ruled it an incompletion)

You seem to have an odd and rather biased slant on the games......

The Pats "barely won"? What game were you watching, Bean? 28-3 is close in your mind? While the first half was slow, the Jags were never in a position of controlling that game at all.

The Patriots have now routed 2 lower calibur playoff teams, the Jags and the Bucs. It remains to be seen if they have rebounded and developed far enough to beat the better AFC teams like the Broncos or the Colts, but given their injury recoveries and recent level of play, most objective guys think those games will be interesting and unlike the lopsided regular season games.

As to how many yards Cory Dillon had against the Jags...... did he start the game? Nope. Hopefully he'll get healthy soon, but he hasn't been healthy since early in the season. The Patriots are going to need him from here on out, and hopefully his health and performance will improve. No question though it hasn't happened yet this year.

Insofar as Palmer's injury goes, anyone paying attention to the replays saw the Steelers tackle was pushed to the ground while being blocked, and fell on Palmer's leg entirely beyond his own control or direction. His reaction was clearly one of regret, not a Romo type of ha-ha, gotcha anyway I could. I'm sure he'd relish getting a good clean lick on Palmer or any quarterback any day of the week, but being pushed to the ground by your opponent and accidently falling on someone's knee to end their season is nothing any self respecting player would be proud of.

sandinsciuz

Awards
wow...I cant believe nearly everyone predicted Giants over Carolina.

Eli choked, Carolina defense held Barber at bay.

Carolina and Seahawks will meet up for the NFC championship.
Eli threw the interceptions true enough, but Carolina simply dominated the Giants at the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball. Had those interceptions gone as incompletions, Carolina still would have won the game handily, they simply were the stronger team. They took the Giant's game away from them on defense and were able to execute their own offense against them.

If they play their remaining NFC games the way they did yesterday, they will go to the Superbowl and may even win it. They looked that good.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Any one can get lucky once, to win twice, that will actually take some talent and skill. Which, your team has neither!!!
:bow28:
I guess its just luck that we're 6-0 right now and going into the second round of the playoffs. And the Seahawks will choke, as they always do. Every year since Holmgren became the coach they have predicted a Superbowl birth, but has happened? NOOOOOOOOOO! Why the Seahawks always look better, because of weak opponents, then they really are.
Is the 'Skins offense sucking right now? Yes, but this is JOE GIBBS. He will turn it around!

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I'm going out on a limb here (not really), but I'm picking all home teams this weekend.

Colts over Steelers
Broncos over Pats
Seahawks over Redskins
Bears over Panthers
Yup, I am picking all home teams this time as well except for Carolina and the Bears.

Though, I am now thinking the Seahawks won't be able to beat Carolina. Seattle had the easiest schedule of ANY team in the NFL this year.... Carolina IS inconsistent; so it depends on if they actually show up. But I don't think the Seahawks can beat Carolina; not after how the NYG would have beaten the Seahawks but for 3 missed field goals for the win.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Go Bears. Get busy. Bust ass. Get your groove on. Win that bitch :)

:dance:

hannainnc

Board Supporter
Awards
Eli threw the interceptions true enough, but Carolina simply dominated the Giants at the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball. Had those interceptions gone as incompletions, Carolina still would have won the game handily, they simply were the stronger team. They took the Giant's game away from them on defense and were able to execute their own offense against them.

If they play their remaining NFC games the way they did yesterday, they will go to the Superbowl and may even win it. They looked that good.
Yeah. Carolina all the way.

I'm going to get an ulcer watching this week.

sandinsciuz

Awards
...........I'm going to get an ulcer watching this week.
Hanna...... Uh-uh. No-no-no-no-NO!

First of all, you may need upwards of several beers or glasses of wine to calm your nerves on game days (choice optional). And you don't want to deplete yourself, so keep calories high by eating frequently throughout BOTH game days.

Also, you don't want to overtax yourself, so ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO projects "around the house" whatsoever on Saturday and Sunday. Even minor cleaning, laundry or ironing are just too much for the CNS at this critical time on the calendar. A spouse or significant other is just going to have to be patient and provide you with an extension to complete your various and sundry "honey-do" task list.

And if your team should lose at any time during the playoffs, you will still require the same PST (post season therapy) right through the super bowl, as it can take WEEKS for even the most highly conditioned fan to get their life back in order. The devastation and deep despair that come after a team loss during the playoffs are more than any human being can or should have to bear in this life.

;)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
You seem to have an odd and rather biased slant on the games......

The Pats "barely won"? What game were you watching, Bean? 28-3 is close in your mind? While the first half was slow, the Jags were never in a position of controlling that game at all.

The Patriots have now routed 2 lower calibur playoff teams, the Jags and the Bucs. It remains to be seen if they have rebounded and developed far enough to beat the better AFC teams like the Broncos or the Colts, but given their injury recoveries and recent level of play, most objective guys think those games will be interesting and unlike the lopsided regular season games.

As to how many yards Cory Dillon had against the Jags...... did he start the game? Nope. Hopefully he'll get healthy soon, but he hasn't been healthy since early in the season. The Patriots are going to need him from here on out, and hopefully his health and performance will improve. No question though it hasn't happened yet this year.

Insofar as Palmer's injury goes, anyone paying attention to the replays saw the Steelers tackle was pushed to the ground while being blocked, and fell on Palmer's leg entirely beyond his own control or direction. His reaction was clearly one of regret, not a Romo type of ha-ha, gotcha anyway I could. I'm sure he'd relish getting a good clean lick on Palmer or any quarterback any day of the week, but being pushed to the ground by your opponent and accidently falling on someone's knee to end their season is nothing any self respecting player would be proud of.
Two of those fumble recoveries that the Pats made were VERY close to being touchdown runbacks; that would have taken away 1 scoring drive at least. Thats a BIG difference. Like I said, they got lucky. They played horribly against a rusty and wounded Jags and won... but not nearly by the margin they should have if they were as great as you say they are. You think they are going to beat the Colts in the RCA Dome when they only mustered 300ish total yards against the Jags?!?!? ROFL :icon_lol:

The Jags and the Bucs are BARELY playoff teams. Because of their play earlier in the year or by luck in their inconsistency...

I think the Chargers and Chiefs are both better than the Jags and the Bucs; but they didnt make it; which I'm starting to believe was coaching related. Hopefully San Diego fires Schottenheimer; he's botched it so many times I've lost count.