OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bean

My prediction now? Panthers over Seahawks, Steelers over Broncos, Panthers win in a close one.
    Holy cow Bean, we're in agreement ?!?! Is this REALLY Bean, or has someone stolen his password?

2. Registered User

I'm guessing it's gonna be Seattle-Pittsburgh.
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    Carolina-Blitzberg
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    I agree
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

that call in the steelers game, along with some of the spots were staight up robbery. That was bull**** to the max. Even more bull**** than the "tuck" rule. Also bull**** were Peyton Manning's comments after the game. He called out his entire offensive line, saying they didn't protect him well enough. When it was his responsibility to call out the blitz...hmm...
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    that call in the steelers game, along with some of the spots were staight up robbery. That was bull**** to the max. Even more bull**** than the "tuck" rule. Also bull**** were Peyton Manning's comments after the game. He called out his entire offensive line, saying they didn't protect him well enough. When it was his responsibility to call out the blitz...hmm...
    No. He didn't call out his O-line.

He simply said he didn't get protection. Which he didn't. When the Steelers are bringing 8 and 9 ****ing guys you can't get protection.

Tell me how YOU would pick up blitz packages that see 8 and 9 guys bringing the heat.

I suspect he called them out. They simply couldn't match up.

Steelers put together one helluva game plan.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Putting pressure on Peyton is key as seen in the Chargers game and yesterday afternoon.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I'm rooting for the Steelers to win it but I see the Broncos beating the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Denver's defense will be too much to overcome for Pittsburgh. I still can't believe the Colts lost in the freakin divisional round.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

saying: "I am trying to be a good teammate.... But we had some protection problems" Is a direct shot at your offensive line. I don't know how you could read that any differently. Oh and here's what I would do, I would keep in packages which had the edge in them, and I would audible to running the ball and screen passes. It was also on their home turf, meaning audibling to completely new plays on offense would have been very easy to do. If they had kept the steelers defense on the field longer by running and grinding a little, that pass rush wouldn't have been half as effective in the end of the game. The Steelers are a tough team up the middle, but when they blitz like that there is no way you can run those medium to deep pass routes that the colts kept running. I think anyone that knows football or played football can answer those questions. They needed to use Edge more often due to the blitz, he is a good pass reciever and has been running with
    power this year. Peyton went out there and tried to do everything himself and in the end sunk his teams chances. He was overriding the coaches decision, which thank god for him turned out ok, but who is really the coach of this team? I like Tony D and all, but he has always been way too lenient with his players and not passionate enough during games... In Tampa Bay they were always good, but never super-bowl material, until a hard-ass coach came along (John Gruden). Players are loyal to Tony, because he is a good guy who knows what it's like to be out there, but I think his offensive planning and game management has always been very lackluster.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    saying: "I am trying to be a good teammate.... But we had some protection problems" Is a direct shot at your offensive line. I don't know how you could read that any differently. Oh and here's what I would do, I would keep in packages which had the edge in them, and I would audible to running the ball and screen passes. It was also on their home turf, meaning audibling to completely new plays on offense would have been very easy to do. If they had kept the steelers defense on the field longer by running and grinding a little, that pass rush wouldn't have been half as effective in the end of the game. The Steelers are a tough team up the middle, but when they blitz like that there is no way you can run those medium to deep pass routes that the colts kept running. I think anyone that knows football or played football can answer those questions. They needed to use Edge more often due to the blitz, he is a good pass reciever and has been running with
    power this year. Peyton went out there and tried to do everything himself and in the end sunk his teams chances. He was overriding the coaches decision, which thank god for him turned out ok, but who is really the coach of this team? I like Tony D and all, but he has always been way too lenient with his players and not passionate enough during games... In Tampa Bay they were always good, but never super-bowl material, until a hard-ass coach came along (John Gruden). Players are loyal to Tony, because he is a good guy who knows what it's like to be out there, but I think his offensive planning and game management has always been very lackluster.

Great point. Manning should NOT be coach and QB at the same time. He's an outstanding QB, there's no denying that. But he's proven through several playoff seasons now that his play calling abilities don't get it done against the upper tier playoff calibur smart, tough, high pressure defenses. Someone else needs to assume that duty. There's no shame in that, many coaches can't handle gm duties, that doesn't diminish their role as head coach either. Be interesting to see what if any changes come in that segment of their game next year.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let's here it boys and girls.....
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM
  2. OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP
    By Polish_Oak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 07:56 AM