OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

OK Boys and Girls! The 2005-06 NFL season playoffs

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    That was me predicting a 3 touchdown win by the Broncos, but for you let's make it four
    So much for rational discussion.

BTW, your band hasn't produced a decent album since Roth left.

Hee hee.

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    It can happen! Remember the Colts beat them 40-21 and just ran the clock out in the 4th quarter
    ..... and the Broncos lost 34-10 to the Dolphins. So by your standards, the Broncos suck worse, huh?
  3. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sandinsciuz
    So much for rational discussion.

BTW, your band hasn't produced a decent album since Roth left.

Hee hee.
    Alright, bringing VH into this is like talking about my mother

I just want you to be rational when you realize I'm right around 10:30 pm Saturday night.
    •   

4. New Member

Alright, bringing VH into this is like talking about my mother

I just want you to be rational when you realize I'm right around 10:30 pm Saturday night.
    I love the NFL and life goes on. But we're living in the age of the Patriots, and if you're not on board, I'm afraid you're about to be deeply disappointed.
  5. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

..... and the Broncos lost 34-10 to the Dolphins. So by your standards, the Broncos suck worse, huh?
    Dude, chill out ROFL. You've got some serious debate issues, you need to learn to TAKE the heat as well as dish it out. I think you need to sit out of the discussion for a little while and cool off.

You completely took my post out of context.

Good ole Patriot fans
  6. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

I love the NFL and life goes on. But we're living in the age of the Patriots, and if you're not on board, I'm afraid you're about to be deeply disappointed.
    ROFL ROFL

I cant believe you just said that! HAHAHAHA
  7. New Member

Dude, chill out ROFL. You've got some serious debate issues, you need to learn to TAKE the heat as well as dish it out. I think you need to sit out of the discussion for a little while and cool off.

You completely took my post out of context.

Good ole Patriot fans

I guess you didn't get that I was just throwing a good natured barb back at you, and should have put some smilie faces or something on it. Sorry. I just think all the stoopid smilies are grossly overused.

BTW, I'm hurt by the "ole" insinuation. Deeply hurt.

And I wasn't feeling any heat actually, are you sure you sent any? Is that all you got?

Better?

8. New Member

ROFL ROFL

I cant believe you just said that! HAHAHAHA
    As I typed it, I heard the 60's tune "Age of Aquarius" only re-written for 2003

This is the dawning
    of the age of the Patriots,
    Age of the Patrio-ots
    The Patriots
    The Patriots

I know, it was meant to be stoopid and generate a laugh,

Really.

No really.

9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!

This is the best slate of divisional round games I can ever remember. All four games are great matchups.

Bring 'em on!
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.

The thing that does suck, though, is having to wait until 4:30 for the first game.

I hated waiting till 4:30 last Saturday, but it's even worse today!

Well, I'll go have lunch and try not to think about it...
  11. Board Supporter

well patriots didn't make it. ouch.
  12. New Member

The run is done. Oiy Vey.

First of all, congratulations to the Denver Broncos and fans. The Patriots had too many bonehead mistakes, some of which the Broncos caused surely.

I do think the Broncos enjoyed some good luck on the 1st half pass interference call against Asante Samuel. But credit them with taking advantange of some truly bonehead mistakes by the Patriots. 5 turnovers in the playoffs is sure defeat.

I think you have to say the Patriots defense showed up and played though. They got it done. Strangely, the guys we normally count on, Vinatieri, Brady, Brown, and even Faulk, were more the guys who let us down.

Nonetheless, I think the Patriots are the first team to repeat SB's and even make it back to the playoffs. They've accomplished quite a feat.

Too bad it's over.

But congrats again to the Broncos. I tip my hat.
  13. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Nice to see you post after the loss. Glad you didnt just disappear. Definitely a true football enthusiast

I didnt get to watch the game much; was waiting tables; only got to go to the bar a couple times and see the score. Saw some stats talking about lots of turnovers or something. About to go read the highlights on espn.com

Glad to see the Broncos make it; I'd rather the Colts play them instead, personally
  14. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

In a quick addition:

WHAT THE ****?!?
    Harper's wife stabbed him with a ****ing knife?!?!?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2292562
  15. Registered User

I will have to take to Steelers over the colts
  16. Advanced Member

The run is done. Oiy Vey.

First of all, congratulations to the Denver Broncos and fans. The Patriots had too many bonehead mistakes, some of which the Broncos caused surely.

I do think the Broncos enjoyed some good luck on the 1st half pass interference call against Asante Samuel. But credit them with taking advantange of some truly bonehead mistakes by the Patriots. 5 turnovers in the playoffs is sure defeat.

I think you have to say the Patriots defense showed up and played though. They got it done. Strangely, the guys we normally count on, Vinatieri, Brady, Brown, and even Faulk, were more the guys who let us down.

Nonetheless, I think the Patriots are the first team to repeat SB's and even make it back to the playoffs. They've accomplished quite a feat.

Too bad it's over.

But congrats again to the Broncos. I tip my hat.

The game was much closer than I thought it would be. The Patriots played like the champions they are, especially in the first half.

That being said, Super Bowl, here we come. Between Al Wilson, Champ Bailey(hell of a rep this guy is living/playing on), John Lynch and Rod Smith, there is no way that the Broncos are not going to win the SuperBowl.
  17. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericnb_98
    I will have to take to Steelers over the colts

Lets hope your right, then the playoffs stay in Denver
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

In a quick addition:

WHAT THE ****?!?
    Harper's wife stabbed him with a ****ing knife?!?!?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2292562
    If he was hitting on her, I wouldn't blame her for stabbing his ass.
  19. New Member

Nah, I'm not the post & run type! And it's true what I said earlier, I'm a fan of the NFL before I'm a fan of any one team. I like watching as many games as time permits.

I don't wish to diminish the Broncos victory, because in the end, what matters is the final score on the board as time expires. They won the game, they advance to the AFC Championship game, and the Patriots go home. It's end of story for the Patriots this season, and again congratulations to the Broncos. Not only do they advance, they get the credit for having terminated the Patriots chances to make history by 3-peating.

But if I was a Broncos fan I would put this one behind me about as quickly as I could. The admittedly great combo of Anderson & Bell combined for a grand total of 88 yards on the ground. About 15-20 of those were fairly meaningless at the end of the game just after Brady's late hail Mary was intercepted. The Patriots defense really accomplished the unthinkable....... they shut down the Bronco running game. I think you Broncos fans need to hope that despite the Patriots having blown that game, that the Patriots defense nonetheless has become one of the very best in the league, and that this domination cannot be repeated by another team from here on out. They've certainly provided the game plan for anyone else to follow, provided it can be duplicated.

The Broncos got VERY lucky in that pass interference call against Asante Samuel in the end zone. The commentators in the booth, Simms especially, were highly critical of the call. The line judge who was in the position to make the call waived it off. The field judge threw the flag from under the goal post several seconds after the play went by. That was a HORRIBLE call that frankly should have gone AGAINST the Broncos if it was going to be called at all. Nonetheless, those are the breaks, and at that point the game was still up for grabs in spite of it. Hopefully that puts an end to the criticism for the Patriots always being "lucky" and being the benefactors of how the ball always seems to bounce their way, the "tuck rule", etc.

The other turnovers (excluding Champ Bailey's brilliant pic): Kevin Faulk's fumble caused by an attempted 1 arm tackle, Ellis Hobbs punt return fumble caused by Sauerbrun, and Troy Brown's botched punt return fumble, were gifts out of the very depths of poor ball handling. Dear God, those plays looked like gag reel "the best of rookie botches" from preseason games. In the end, all the Broncos points were ALL from turnovers, and they only had to travel about 20 yards IN TOTAL to get ALL of them.

Now I'm not out to sound like "sour grapes" here. And despite my ramblings, I give the Broncos ALL the credit for taking advantage on EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. That's a mark of a top team. And I give Champ Bailey a salute for the interception runback, that was a brilliant play, he took advantage of a weak toss by Brady, and he nailed it. It was THE turning point in the game. (Though you have to admire the tenacity of Ben Watson running most the field and angling, in spite of the referree being in his way, to clobber him at the 1-2 yard line. Too bad we'll never know if the ball went through the end zone or not. Bailey MUST have thought, "What the F_CK was THAT ?!?!").

Jake Plummer went 15 of 26 for 197 yards. Combine that rather so-so performance with the so-so results in their running game, and the fact that Brady was 20 of 36 for 341 yards.............

This game is more about the Patriots self destructing. And I think that for you Broncos fans, enjoy the win. But based on performance, I wouldn't be chanting "Super Bowl". In fact, if they should make it to the Super Bowl, I think they'll look back and say they went "in spite" of this game.

I think they're going to have to play a lot better to beat the Colts. And if by some OTHER freak of nature the Colts self destruct and the Steelers win today, they're still going to have to play a lot better than they did last night to beat them. I just can't imagine any other team handing out 5 playoff game turnovers. And I say "hand out" because it's not like they were caused by devastating hits. More like poor ball control and decision making.

But who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong. At this point I've demonstrated that doesn't take a lot to do
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I agree. Denver will have to step it up several notches to beat either the Colts or Steelers next weekend. The Pats "gave it up on a silver platter" as Brady put it.
  21. Senior Member

seahawks.
  22. Advanced Member

People can talk about the Patriots losing it all they want, but the fact is that Broncos caused the Patriots to play that way. Our defense had Brady all mixed up throughout the entire game. If he wasn't getting roughed up by Lynch, he had to deal with Al Wilson. Twice on 3rd and short I saw Brady throw the ball in the dirt and out of bounds because Wilson was coming at a full head of steam, and Brady didn't want any part of it. How times did Brady get off the dirt, and bend over and have to shake the cobwebs out? I'll give the fact that our running game got shutdown, hey the middle of the NE defensive line is stout. I thought we should have run Bell more to the outside and we should have brought Dayne in around the 3rd quarter to provide some fresh legs, but I'm not the coach. Hell, even our punter roughed up the Patriots, and before anyone says that was a fluke, just remember that Sauerbrun outweighed all four safetys in the game. The Patriots played well in the first half, but in the end couldn't contain the Broncos. We beat the Patriots twice this year, we're clearly the better team. Now on to the Bowl.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Now on to the Bowl.
    Not so fast speedy. Wait another week until you start talking Super Bowl.
  24. Senior Member

Congrats to the Broncos! I wish I could have taken the loss a little better, the Pats played like total ****. That was not the team I'm used to seeing. Some was from a loud crowd, some was from a good Denver D. I would say most of it, was from self destruction. Oh well you can't win every Super Bowl.
  25. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    Congrats to the Broncos! I wish I could have taken the loss a little better, the Pats played like total ****. That was not the team I'm used to seeing. Some was from a loud crowd, some was from a good Denver D. I would say most of it, was from self destruction. Oh well you can't win every Super Bowl.
    Well, you said it a lot more succinctly than I did!

And it's true that the Broncos did cause some disruptions of the Patriots offense. Still they were able to move the ball.

Anyway, it's all moot now.

Good luck Broncos.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    That's if they can even make it past Pittsburgh next week.
    Who's doubting me now.
  27. Senior Member

Congrats Steelers fans! You deserved that game. I can't believe they called that an incomplete pass. You were almost robbed.
  28. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Didn't we beat you guys once? If Joe can get that pathetic offense to acutally do a few things then it will be a game.
    What was that you were saying? yeah, didnt think I would see a post in here looking for me. Seriously, good game to the skins. Just got outplayed a little. They will be a tough team agian next year.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

And how about that Bears defense.
  30. Board Supporter

what a finish in the colts steelers game

good lord that thing looked like a movie script

one of the best ever.

WOW.

the last two drives though were indy in a nutshell = poor judgements under stress. lots of playcalling that shouldnt have been made. just WOW.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    What was that you were saying? yeah, didnt think I would see a post in here looking for me. Seriously, good game to the skins. Just got outplayed a little. They will be a tough team agian next year.
    Yeah. Well at least they went to the second round of the playoffs this year. Hopfully they wil;l be able to buold upon this for next year.
  32. New Member

It gets easier to see from here:

Steelers beat Broncos

Panthers beat Seahawks

Panthers = SB Champs
  33. New Member

Steelers <=> Colts was a great game. What a great win for the Steelers, that was amazing. I gotta feel bad though for Peyton & Tony Dungy. 13-0 tearing through the regular season, it seemed like it was going to be their year. Still you have to like that Bettis hung around another year and now has a shot.

Mike Vanderjagt...... poor guy, what a way to end his season, Mr. automatic shanks. He'll beat himself up all off season for that one. Too bad. Almost was Bettis instead. I never thought the Steelers could beat Indy @ Indy.

I did think the Panthers would beat Chicago though, the way they blew through the Giants. Made Chicago's D look very ordinary, didn't they? Steve Smith is incredible.

Somehow I don't have any confidence in the Seahawks. Great record and all, though not the toughest schedule. When I think of them I think of how the Giants almost beat them during the season and did really, except their field goal kicker missed 3 makable field goals. Maybe they'll prove me wrong but I don't see them going all the way.
  34. More Cowbell

ATTN: Vanderchoke
    The parking lot called and would like more footballs kicked their way.

You think he'll be yelling LACES OUT! for the entire off-season??

Ryan Leaf will win a superbowl before Peyton Manning

great game Steelers!! Everybody's been all over Indy's jock all year long. Sure, they had one helluva season, but SD definitely revealed that they are also not invincible:

35. Advanced Member

Steelers beat Broncos

Panthers beat Seahawks

Panthers = SB Champs
    You never learn
  36. Senior Member

Steelers beat Broncos

Panthers beat Seahawks

Panthers = SB Champs
    Thanks Ms. Cleo.
    GO Hawks!
    Sage
  37. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Bleh. Definitely didnt turn out as I had hopes.

One theme I keep seeing over many games over the past 3-4 weeks is HORRIBLE penalty calls. On BOTH sides of the ball today there were just terrible calls by the refs. I enjoy a great game of football but I absolutely HATE it when so many poor penalties are called (or not called) and they have a chance of affecting the game.

Indy started rusty; I was very worried about that to be honest. In the 4th quarter they began to play more like they usually do. Unfortunately, Manning went with a pass on 3rd and 2 when he still had a timeout left (and not going for the 1st down and then spiking it). I think his move was more boneheaded than Vanderjacht by far. You cant make all field goal attempts; especially from longer yardage (lets face it, 46 yards isnt exactly easy)

I think if they went 2 out of 3; the Colts would win the next two. I also feel that the Pats would have taken the next two against the Broncos as well. Oh well... there's always next year.

My prediction now? Panthers over Seahawks, Steelers over Broncos, Panthers win in a close one.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

In my eyes, I think the Steelers are the sentimental favorite. I'm hoping they can finally make it to a Super Bowl and win one for the skipper after 14 seasons of disappointment. That's who I'll be rooting for.
  39. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    In my eyes, I think the Steelers are the sentimental favorite. I'm hoping they can finally make it to a Super Bowl and win one for the skipper after 14 seasons of disappointment. That's who I'll be rooting for.
    Ditto this. Now that my bears are out I am rooting for the Steelers.

I wanna see Bettis retire in style. Class act and one helluva player deserves his moment.
  40. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Ditto this. Now that my bears are out I am rooting for the Steelers.

I wanna see Bettis retire in style. Class act and one helluva player deserves his moment.
    I "third" this.

And I wouldn't say I "never" learn, I've done it once or twice in my life . I know the Broncos are the new favorites, I just don't see it. But good luck to them nonetheless

On Indy, everyone will point the finger at Manning for not being able to withstand the "pressure" of Blittsburgh.

But if someone wants to point a finger of blame, start with the O line and coaching staff. Failure to make adjustments. How is it that after the 1st quarter of mostly 3 and outs, the coaching staff can't come up with adjustments in blocking, and play calling to compensate? If 8+ are in the box and coming, the short passing game will yield results, there's only so many defenders to cover receivers. Where were all the screen passes to Edgerrin James? Why was he used so sparingly (13 attempts) ?

It just looked as if they went into this game with their plan and were going to run it and that was it. Finally in the 4th quarter it started to work for them, only because Pittsburgh started going conservative. Once Pittsburgh went back to blitzing, that was it.

Failure to adjust to game circumstances....... I know Dungy delegates a lot of play calling to Manning, that was obvious when Manning waived off the punting team on a 4th and 2 play. However, blame the coaching staff for failure to assert themselves and be the coaches when it was necessary.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let's here it boys and girls.....
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM
  2. OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP
    By Polish_Oak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 07:56 AM