Fantasy Woes

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I bucked up and joined a pay league this year with a buddy of mine. I had a great season with a great draft. We had our first playoff round this week and I had the #2 seed. Low and behold, my top 4 players netted me 21 total points. These are spots good for 15 at the very least and are all 1 or 2 ranked at their positions: Bears D, Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, and Ladanian Thomilson. A roster that nets me at least 100 points/wk gained 41 this week and I go down in the first round. I know it's a stupid game, but I hate to lose, especially when money is involved.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I bucked up and joined a pay league this year with a buddy of mine. I had a great season with a great draft. We had our first playoff round this week and I had the #2 seed. Low and behold, my top 4 players netted me 21 total points. These are spots good for 15 at the very least and are all 1 or 2 ranked at their positions: Bears D, Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, and Ladanian Thomilson. A roster that nets me at least 100 points/wk gained 41 this week and I go down in the first round. I know it's a stupid game, but I hate to lose, especially when money is involved.
It sucks when you have some of the top 10 players and they all lay a goose egg in one week:blink:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is EXACTLY why playoff leagues SUCK. This isn't like Madden where you get to control your team, you just get to pray they do well.

Total Yearly points = Winner IMO

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And now they are benching peyton manning... this sucks so bad...

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
And now they are benching peyton manning... this sucks so bad...
This is also why I hate the playoff fantasy system: a team gets locked into their playoff spot and benches the star performers the last game or two as soon as it has been decided that they have nothing to gain either way.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah... and both my starting QB's got injured in the first half! (brunell and mcnair). payton in one quearter and no TD's had more points than mcnair...

I lost the finals.
anyway, I had a good rookie season. second place aint too abd.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
LOL The results just posted. I didn't realize it, but I get $20 for winning my division, and another $20 for winning the toilet bowl. Less $20 entry fee and I come out 20 ahead. Still, looking at the points from the last few weeks I would have won $70 if not for that crappy first round loss.