Congrats to Reggie Bush!

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
Congrats to Reggie Bush on winning the Heisman!!

"..Bush received 794 first-place votes on the 892 ballots cast, or 84.9 percent. His 2,541 points represented 91.7 percent of the maximum possible.."

:bow28:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
deserved it... no question.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
We all knew he was going to win it, but he dominated the voting. I think it was one of the most lopsided Heisman voting victory's ever.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
There was nobody who could compare to that stats he put. Matt is a great QB but could not have accomplished what he did if everyone was looking for the run first.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Great season.

Good luck in the League next year.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
9 yards per carry...thats just sick:box:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
And the Bush Sweepstakes begin. The Texans are leading the way at the moment, despite taking several leads into the 4th this year. And despite Dominick Davis' best attempts at becoming the man, I still think they can't pass up the chance to get the best player in the draft.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
yah, i think the texans will try to snag bush. davis just hasn't put forth what he needs to this season.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Even though im a Texas fan I think Bush deserved it, he is special and I love watching him run the ball.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes, he's definitely a special player,. It's good to see him working w/ LT and really making an honest effort to be the best he can become on the next level. I'm going to love watching this kid run the football for years to come...

10 yards / carry against their 5 ranked opponents - that's unheard of.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
And the Bush Sweepstakes begin. The Texans are leading the way at the moment, despite taking several leads into the 4th this year. And despite Dominick Davis' best attempts at becoming the man, I still think they can't pass up the chance to get the best player in the draft.
Speaking of that, our beloved 49ers will play the Texans on Jan. 1 for the right to draft Reggie Bush, this is one game I'd like to see them lose.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of that, our beloved 49ers will play the Texans on Jan. 1 for the right to draft Reggie Bush, this is one game I'd like to see them lose.
I think you will see the first game in the history of football where both teams will lay down on the field and refuse to play. Truthfully, I think the Texans are a better team. You can't get much worse than the Niners. They deserve to lose this game. Gimme Bush!

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
how do you know who will get what pick? i mean the worst team always gets the first pick? and how about the other shitty teams that have a 5-11 record?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
how do you know who will get what pick? i mean the worst team always gets the first pick? and how about the other shitty teams that have a 5-11 record?
Yeah. It goes by record.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Looks like my Niners and the Texans are tied.

I'm not sure if I want the Niners to take Bush. I mean, we have so many holes in the OL he won't have any blocks. I'm not sure how well he'll work with a shitty OL. And the D ain't that great either.
Oh well, where to start rebuilding....

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Might as well. You have to start somewhere when you're as bad as they are. I can see them taking at least 3 or 4 O-Lineman in the draft to protect Smith and hopefully Bush.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Looks like my Niners and the Texans are tied.

I'm not sure if I want the Niners to take Bush. I mean, we have so many holes in the OL he won't have any blocks. I'm not sure how well he'll work with a shitty OL. And the D ain't that great either.
Oh well, where to start rebuilding....
I would still take Bush, you can't pass the opportunity to draft a guy so good. You can always boost your O-Line later, the defense would be a lot better if they didn't spend so much time on the field and suffer so many injuries. We lost Jeff Ulbrich, Mike Rumph, Jonas Jennings, Eric Johnson & Ahmed Plummer for the entire year and gave away Jamie Winborn and John Engelberger in shitty trades. The only thing that concerns me is cheap ass John York won't want to spend the money on a top draft pick. If they end up with the second pick then I'd trade down a few spots and grab some receivers and O-Line.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I dont think its DD's fault as much as that Oline. Carr may not be a manning but even a manning couldnt pass behind that line. I think they are perfectly content with keeping DD, I could see them go for a replacement for carr or a Olineman.

1 question thou, has bush decided to enter the draft?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure he will, especially since Leinart is leaving. With all the pressure to go pro and the prospect of making several millions after such a stellar year, there is no way he won't go pro this year. Why risk injury in college when he can make the big bucks playing in the NFL? The time is now. The odds of him going pro, 1:1.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm sure he will, especially since Leinart is leaving. With all the pressure to go pro and the prospect of making several millions after such a stellar year, there is no way he won't go pro this year. Why risk injury in college when he can make the big bucks playing in the NFL? The time is now. The odds of him going pro, 1:1.

I would of thought the same thing of Lienhart last year his stock was at it peak last year., he was a shoe in for #1.
I will admit bush has more of a chance at getting hurt then lienhart did .

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I would of thought the same thing of Lienhart last year his stock was at it peak last year., he was a shoe in for #1.
I will admit he more of a chance at getting hurt then lienhart did .
Bush was a big reason why Leinart came back this year.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bush was a big reason why Leinart came back this year.
I dont know where you heard that, im guessing by you avatar you either attend usc or did so maybe you have an inside track. Everything I have read says lienhart returned for a 3rd National Championship. Think about what your saying lienahart stock was up last year he was very certainly the #1 over all pick if he came out, now by your own admission what sense would it make for lienhart to stay 1 more year just for a teamate. Not trying to argue with you, but I just dont belive lienhart would stay ay usc for any other reason then to be the first qb to win 3 nat. championships.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I dont know where you heard that, im guessing by you avatar you either attend usc or did so maybe you have an inside track. Everything I have read says lienhart returned for a 3rd National Championship. Think about what your saying lienahart stock was up last year he was very certainly the #1 over all pick if he came out, now by your own admission what sense would it make for lienhart to stay 1 more year just for a teamate. Not trying to argue with you, but I just dont belive lienhart would stay ay usc for any other reason then to be the first qb to win 3 nat. championships.
I said a big reason, not the main or only reason. Obviously he came back for other reasons. I'm saying Bush was one of those reasons.

"I realized the opportunity right now to support my family by going to the NFL early, but to me I think college football and this whole atmosphere here and being with my friends and my teammates ... is ultimately more satisfying and will make me happier than any amount of money could make someone happy," he said.

I also remember seeing an interview with Leinart not too long ago talking about Bush and the Heisman and he mentioned Bush being a factor in his decision to return. Bush could have also entered the draft last year despite only being a sophmore, but decided to return as well. One of the reasons being Leinart and the chance for another championship. Who cares really though.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NG the video is there! there is a link in the middle of the page ...

this is why I linked this this video is SICK.

this guy has the best speed and cuts I have ever seen. he doen't need to fake anyone becuase he cuts so fast...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BTW, what the hell was Reggie Bush thinking when he lateralled the ball to a receiver who is coached to block downfield, not expect a lateral ? Talk about a "want to get away" moment

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
USC should have won. Stupid fucking mistakes, bad calls, horrible defense and a little help from the review booth and officials will do it.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Bonehead move, he was regretting that.

I hope for his sake he's used properly in the NFL, otherwise he will have a short career.

Bush is too light to run the gaps like White, and he'll need a Seahawks quality side to effectively run sweeps.He's got the hands and speed for screens, but if does'nt shorten his step he's going to juke with that wide step and upright run style and get hammered by a NFL OLB or Saftey on a bad off angle. He got a little taste of that last night,and he aint seen nothing yet. The best use of Bush is to hit him with a wheel route where he has room in the flat to use his cuts. He's smart and talented, he'll learn.

What was the signifigance of that "19" "61" he was wearing on his face, his stepdad's birthyear?

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
why the hell wasn't he used on 4th downs when they went for it? I would also have looked for him on the last play of the game. he is SO quick and explosive, just dump it to him and he will get you 5-8 yards and go out of bounds. and than, pray the kicker would nail it but at least you have a chance

PS where the hell was the coverage on vince young all game?

all in all, Pete carril(sp?) stocks went way down after that game in my book

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
PS where the hell was the coverage on vince young all game?

all in all, Pete carril(sp?) stocks went way down after that game in my book

The two real mistake I saw USC's coaching make was the too early timeout that should have been used later to save time on the Trojan's last drive and not getting a review on Young's down knee on the first TD, the latter was a really bad error on their part. Texas might have scored then anyway, but it probably would have burned enough time off then to run out the clock later on texas' last drive.

USC's failure was not on scheme though, they were simply unable to defeat an excellent Texas OL and an extraordinarly mobile quarterback.

Neither team could generate a good pass rush, credit two excellent OLs.

The only way to effectively stop a highly mobile quarterback is to get an effective rush with just the defensive front four, so the other seven can stay in their lanes for a run or drop to pass coverage. If you blitz they will either quick pass or run through you if you miss, a pocket passer has just the first option mostly, the mobile has this dual threat.

USC's DEs were often overpursuing, Young would step up in the pocket or roll out with the DEs behind him, USC was shadowing him with a LB on many plays which leaves a receiver uncovered and with a guy like Young or Vick even a LB shadow is not good enough, they are too slow. Safetys are fast enough, but Young is too strong for a sure tackle by them, and using a Safety as a spy creates a deadly serious gap in pass coverage.

Vince Young and Michael Vick are like the '95 Huskers, everyone knows how to stop them, but they are just too damn good at what they do for it too work often enough.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
why not just let him try to bit you with his arm if you see you can't stop his runs?

also I thought on offence they were uninnovative, I expected more big play calling, they have the play makers. forget white, you got here on the shoulders of bush and the WB/WR. white was just rushing the goal line.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
why not just let him try to bit you with his arm if you see you can't stop his runs?

also I thought on offence they were uninnovative, I expected more big play calling, they have the play makers. forget white, you got here on the shoulders of bush and the WB/WR. white was just rushing the goal line.

With a QB like Young, who's both a good runner and a good passer, there's no surefire scheme other than the front four being able to get to him without extra help.

If you sell out/ stack the box, bring down safetys to seal him in for run prevention and blitzing, the Texas receivers would have killed USC, he and his receiving corps are too good to neglect like that, even if you can penetrate his line, he's automatically bought time by being in shotgun, he's too elusive and too good a passer, your sell out leaves uncovered receivers to go to.

USC used White the most because they saw they could get guard gap for a power runner to bang the backers, Texas was to fast on the ends for a finesee runner like Bush to exploit on sweeps and screens and he's too slight to do the Lendale straight ahead thunder thing.

The crosses to the TE was effective, and they should have had Bush run more wheel routes to give him space , but nothing will work a lot against the nation's best pass efficency defense.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mw1 I-Force Nutrition 9
Rodja MMA 14
GotTest Politics 9
Rodja General Chat 8
pavb10 Supplements 10