Playoff Scenario/Superbowl Prediction

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    Playoff Scenario/Superbowl Prediction


    This is what I see in the near future:

    AFC Playoff Picture:
    North=Bengals win division (playoff berth 3rd seed )
    South=Colts win division (16-0 1st seed)
    East=Patriots win division (playoff berth 5th seed)
    West=Denver narrowly wins division (2nd seed)

    WildCard=Cheifs (4th seed) and Chargers (6th seed)

    NFC playoff picture:
    North=Chicago win division (playoff berth 2nd seed)
    South=Carolina win Division (playoff berth 3rd seed)
    East=Giants win division (playoff berth 4th seed)
    West=Seattle win division (playoff berth 1st seed)

    WildCard=Cowboys(5th seed) and Vikings (6th seed)

    Playoff breakdowns and Superbowl predictions to follow.

  2. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    AFC Playoffs
    WildCard Round
    Chargers @ Bengals (Chargers lose narrowly)
    Chiefs @ Patriots (Chiefs win decisively)
    Divisional Round
    Bengals @ Broncos (Broncos win)
    Chiefs @ Colts (Colts score 45 points on way to victory)
    AFC Championship Game
    Broncos @ Colts (Colts defense holds Denver to under 100 yards rushing and win)

    NFC Playoffs
    WildCard Round
    Vikings @ Panthers (Panthers win, Mike Tyce is fired next day)
    Cowboys @ Giants (Giants come up with a win at home)
    Divisional Round
    Giants @ Seattle (Giants win in OT)
    Panthers @ Bears (Soldier field is too much for the southerners; Bears Win)
    NFC Championship Game
    Giants @ Bears (Bears defense shuts down NY offense; Bears win by 1 point)
  3. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    SuperBowl 40
    Bears vs. Colts……………………
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    In a game that pits possibly the greatest defense in the past quarter century against the best offense, potentially of all time (remember last year?), it will be the old football cliche that “Defense wins championships” that is put to the test. In the end Chicago’s monstrous effort will see 2 Manning interceptions, one of which will be returned for a touchdown, but the MVP of Superbowl XL will be none other than Bears RB Adrian Peterson for his 143yds rushing and 2 touchdowns. Bears win 24-21. Sorry Peyton.
  5. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0

    I love the Chiefs but damn I'd love to see Payton get screwed over. He is such a tool!
  6. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    I'm an Eagles fan just to qualify this. I don't have any affiliation with the teams or placings. I just see this playing out. I think it would make the best headlines.
  7. Registered User
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Answers
    0

    Conference Title game
    denver at indy
    giants at seattle

    Superbowl
    Seattle vs Indy

    Seattle
  8. Registered User
    LuckyBoy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    280
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    In a game that pits possibly the greatest defense in the past quarter century against the best offense, potentially of all time (remember last year?), it will be the old football cliche that “Defense wins championships” that is put to the test. In the end Chicago’s monstrous effort will see 2 Manning interceptions, one of which will be returned for a touchdown, but the MVP of Superbowl XL will be none other than Bears RB Adrian Peterson for his 143yds rushing and 2 touchdowns. Bears win 24-21. Sorry Peyton.
    lol wow. im from chicago and even here your optimism is bordering ridiculous. the bears will be in the playoffs but against other playoff teams their horrid offense will be their undoing. bounced in the first round or second depending on if they get a bye.
  9. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    This is what I see in the near future:

    AFC Playoff Picture:
    North=Bengals win division (playoff berth 3rd seed )
    South=Colts win division (16-0 1st seed)
    East=Patriots win division (playoff berth 5th seed)
    West=Denver narrowly wins division (2nd seed)

    WildCard=Cheifs (4th seed) and Chargers (6th seed)

    NFC playoff picture:
    North=Chicago win division (playoff berth 2nd seed)
    South=Carolina win Division (playoff berth 3rd seed)
    East=Giants win division (playoff berth 4th seed)
    West=Seattle win division (playoff berth 1st seed)

    WildCard=Cowboys(5th seed) and Vikings (6th seed)

    Playoff breakdowns and Superbowl predictions to follow.
    Wow you are totally leaving out Jax. They have a better record than sd and the chiefs and basically have a easiest schedule(except for having to play indy).

    Also remeber that Sandiego has to have 1 more win than pitt in the end because pitt wins the tie between the 2. Thats if cincy doesnt choke.
  10. Board Supporter
    judge-mental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    731
    Answers
    0

    yeah, your NFC wild card got vikings over falcons, tampa?
    in AFC KC before JAX?
    you sure of that hoss?
  11. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    Jax has no 1st string quarterback and have to play the Colts. The Steelers have a wounded Ben Roethlesberger who has to face the bears D this week. The Vikings have won 5 in a row and the NFC south has just started their Regular Season Divisional games; they will punch each other out. I don't necessarily think this is the most LOGICAL of events, but it is a possibility; hence Prediction. Oh yeah, KC has Larry the Locomotive, who will replace Priest Holmes next season as the startig RB for the Cheifs.
  12. Gold Member
    EEmain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    882
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    In a game that pits possibly the greatest defense in the past quarter century against the best offense, potentially of all time (remember last year?), it will be the old football cliche that “Defense wins championships” that is put to the test. In the end Chicago’s monstrous effort will see 2 Manning interceptions, one of which will be returned for a touchdown, but the MVP of Superbowl XL will be none other than Bears RB Adrian Peterson for his 143yds rushing and 2 touchdowns. Bears win 24-21. Sorry Peyton.
    With all ado to the Bears #5 at best...


    1985 Chicago Bears
    1990 New York Giants

    1991 Eagles- "Gang Green"
    2000 Baltimore Ravens



    The 91 Eagles sent 5 men(3 Dline) to the PB from the D that allowed 2.97 YPA rushing and opposing QB`s had a combined 52.1 passer rating... And if you think the Bears O is bad. Try 6 different QB`s started for the team. And it went 10-6. 26 Ints. 54 sacks
    Missed the playoffs in a division that saw Dallas go 11-5, Skins go 14-2(Won SB).
    Lost a tie breaker with ATL.

    89 Eagles D had 56 takeaways total, 30 Ints, and 62 sacks
  13. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    I love the Chiefs but damn I'd love to see Payton get screwed over. He is such a tool!
    First off, learn to spell his name right.

    And secondly, how is he a tool? He's the hardest working player in the game, he wins, he's the best QB in the game (and quite possibly ever); he runs his offense himself; he voluntarily negotiated on his contract so that his salary can be cut some by the team if they need extra money to sign other franchise players (how's that being a tool? we call that class-act from where I come from)... Please name another player who has done that? He's all about winning, and about working with the team to do it. He's one of the most UNSELFISH players I have ever seen; he is humble and NEVER talks trash about another person unless its a mild response to someone (like his FG kicker 2 years ago around Pro-Bowl time)

    Admit you're a hater, and just get it out of your system.
  14. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    In a game that pits possibly the greatest defense in the past quarter century against the best offense, potentially of all time (remember last year?), it will be the old football cliche that “Defense wins championships” that is put to the test. In the end Chicago’s monstrous effort will see 2 Manning interceptions, one of which will be returned for a touchdown, but the MVP of Superbowl XL will be none other than Bears RB Adrian Peterson for his 143yds rushing and 2 touchdowns. Bears win 24-21. Sorry Peyton.

    2 interceptions out of the 12 possessions the Colts would have... so what happens on the other 10? They score on about 60% of their drives... thats at LEAST 18 points and up to 42...

    I dont see the Bears scoring more than 10 points defensively, and there's not a chance in hell they could do more than get a few field goals against the Indy defense.

    Don't kid yourself. Good defense most definitely DOES win championships. But you're forgetting that the Colts ALSO have a good defense... and its much more tempered in gameplay. They've actually PLAYED tough teams and won... did you watch the Steelers game? There's a reason they are 12-0 and it isnt because of luck.

    And to the Seahawks fans... dont kid yourself either... you should have lost to the Giants (3 missed FGs in a ROW). Bears or Giants are probably the best team that would stack up against the Colts. I thought the Steelers would be, but we saw how that went. Seahawks have shown they cant stop a passing attack.
  15. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0

    Damn, you pulled the spelling card right away?
    I never said he was not a damn good QB. I'll give you that a heartbeat. I'm just saying my impression of him as a person is that he is a real tool. Even my friends that are HUGE Indy fans concede that in a sense he is as big of a prima donna as TO if he had not found a home in Indy. Why not boot Dungee out and let Payton run the whole show? That should save the team some cash. It could be a throwback the player/manager days of baseball.
    Not a hater; just voiced my personal opinion. Around here the only haters are those who believe that those with differing opinions are wrong. Kind of like the NFL. Anyone else think that the fining of coaches after games is ridicules? I feel that post game press is free speech if you don't use profanity, personal attacks, ect. If you disagree with a call, it’s your perogative. I'd agree if there were an issue arise during the game, but if you behave like a sportsman during the game then in the post game you have earned the right to speak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    First off, learn to spell his name right.

    And secondly, how is he a tool? He's the hardest working player in the game, he wins, he's the best QB in the game (and quite possibly ever); he runs his offense himself; he voluntarily negotiated on his contract so that his salary can be cut some by the team if they need extra money to sign other franchise players (how's that being a tool? we call that class-act from where I come from)... Please name another player who has done that? He's all about winning, and about working with the team to do it. He's one of the most UNSELFISH players I have ever seen; he is humble and NEVER talks trash about another person unless its a mild response to someone (like his FG kicker 2 years ago around Pro-Bowl time)

    Admit you're a hater, and just get it out of your system.
  16. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    Are the Steelers a good team?
    You see the Colts getting 12 possesions against a team that runs as well as the Bears?
    I also see Grossman starting before the playoffs begin which adds another element to the Bears offense.

    If you can make any team one demensional, which the Bears do well, defending them becomes much easier. The Patriots in years past have layed the blue-print for beating the Colts, which they probably would have done this year sans the personel problems they have had.

    Peyton has yet to win the big game. No Body is going to care if they go 18-1 and don't win the superbowl. Has he ever won a championship at any level of the game?
  17. Registered User
    ThaBlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    18
    Answers
    0

    Im gonna have to say the Texans are gonna win it all hands down. Blow Out style.
  18. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    First off, learn to spell his name right.

    And secondly, how is he a tool? He's the hardest working player in the game, he wins, he's the best QB in the game (and quite possibly ever); he runs his offense himself; he voluntarily negotiated on his contract so that his salary can be cut some by the team if they need extra money to sign other franchise players (how's that being a tool? we call that class-act from where I come from)... Please name another player who has done that? He's all about winning, and about working with the team to do it. He's one of the most UNSELFISH players I have ever seen; he is humble and NEVER talks trash about another person unless its a mild response to someone (like his FG kicker 2 years ago around Pro-Bowl time)

    Admit you're a hater, and just get it out of your system.
    First of all you need to watch a game with peyton manning in it before you can say those things about him. Because if you did you would know that he is an a jerk sometimes to his teammates and is not the kind gentle person you make him out to be. As far as his contract being renegoitiated for franchise players we will see where reggie wayne and james end up next year. I will agree he is probably the best QB in the league RIGHT NOW but he needs to win big games post season and play a little longer in the league before I can even mention him in a sentence as some of the greats who play or played football. 12-0 mean nothing or even 16-0 with out winning in the post season.
  19. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    Are the Steelers a good team?
    I would definitly not rule out the steelers this year. I know this might ruffle a few feathers here, but I would not want to be chicago come this sunday. I doubt the steelers are gonna lose 4 in a row.
  20. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    323
    Answers
    0

    Chiefs would beat the Colts.

    Our offense can handle any defense in the business when healthy. The pro-bowler filled O-line, most underrated QB in the NFL, Larry Johnson (nuff said), Best tight end in football in Tony G, and receiver like kennison, hall, and parker that just seem to make things happen when they need to.

    The game would depend on how we stop the Indy offense. They will not roll all over us like other teams. Their running game will be hampered with the recent return of KC's Ryan Simms as was demonstrated against The Denver Donkeys. With the way the pass defense/safeties have stepped it up over recent weeks, we should be able to come up with enough stops to allow kc's offense an extra score or 2 over Indy.

    Kansas City over Colts 31-23
  21. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    Chiefs would beat the Colts.

    Our offense can handle any defense in the business when healthy. The pro-bowler filled O-line, most underrated QB in the NFL, Larry Johnson (nuff said), Best tight end in football in Tony G, and receiver like kennison, hall, and parker that just seem to make things happen when they need to.

    The game would depend on how we stop the Indy offense. They will not roll all over us like other teams. Their running game will be hampered with the recent return of KC's Ryan Simms as was demonstrated against The Denver Donkeys. With the way the pass defense/safeties have stepped it up over recent weeks, we should be able to come up with enough stops to allow kc's offense an extra score or 2 over Indy.

    Kansas City over Colts 31-23
    Please.

    Wake up from that fog you apparently call reality and get back to the real world.
  22. Board Supporter
    judge-mental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    731
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Please.

    Wake up from that fog you apparently call reality and get back to the real world.
    indeed.
    a much lesser Indy team handed the chiefs one of the most embaressing losses I ever saw, in the playoffs two years go. it wasnt the score but the unstoppableness of the colts.
    that was the year they where 9-0(KC), etc etc
  23. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0
  24. Banned
    oswizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    472
    Answers
    0

    Bears and Indy

    Not that I am a fan of either team, but I would love to see "Cut That Meat" get his clocked rung by Brian Urlacher...

    Bears never should have waisted a pick on Bensons sorry ass.
  25. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    323
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Please.

    Wake up from that fog you apparently call reality and get back to the real world.
    I'm wowed by your intellect. Perhaps backing up your facts or details would help your cause.

    It sounds like you are in denial of the fact the Chiefs have what it takes to knock off the most overrated team in football.
  26. Registered User
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,415
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    I'm wowed by your intellect. Perhaps backing up your facts or details would help your cause.

    It sounds like you are in denial of the fact the Chiefs have what it takes to knock off the most overrated team in football.
    LOL. You are acting silly, especially with the overrated comment. You are kidding right? Last time I checked they were undefeated and have dominated every team that they have faced. You also failed to mention that the Chiefs were pretty much blown out earlier in the season at Denver, but barely pulled out a victory in KC. You want a fact? The facts are, the Colts are a much better team and if they happen to get a game with KC at home in the playoffs, they would absolutely destroy them. That's unless KC can even make it that far into the playoffs. Here are some more facts. The Colts have a better QB, a better RB, better WR's, a better defense (Chiefs are ranked 27th as opposed to the Colts ranking of 3rd), and the offense's are about the same statistically (both 2nd in the NFL), but trying to score against a superior D would be very tough. There are some facts for you. Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.
  27. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    LOL. You are acting silly, especially with the overrated comment. You are kidding right? Last time I checked they were undefeated and have dominated every team that they have faced. You also failed to mention that the Chiefs were pretty much blown out earlier in the season at Denver, but barely pulled out a victory in KC. You want a fact? The facts are, the Colts are a much better team and if they happen to get a game with KC at home in the playoffs, they would absolutely destroy them. That's unless KC can even make it that far into the playoffs. Here are some more facts. The Colts have a better QB, a better RB, better WR's, a better defense (Chiefs are ranked 27th as opposed to the Colts ranking of 3rd), and the offense's are about the same statistically (both 2nd in the NFL). There are some facts for you. Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.
    LOL

    What he said.

    Sorry I wasn't around to back up my "facts". Not that I think I claimed any facts except the fact IP is in a fog, which, I will stand by given statements recently made. lol

    Now add delusional to the list.
  28. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0

    Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.
    When a team consistently makes the playoffs every year, then 3/4 of the way through this season is undefeated because they improved their D and maintained their excellent offense the only thing you can say is wow what an excellent team. When you say overrated you just sound jealous of their accomplishments. Give credit where it is due bro.
  29. Registered User
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0

    The 2 places opposing teams would like to play the LEAST in the upcoming post season: Chicago and Indianapolis. That is where the whole scenario origionated from. I can not see anyone going into either of those two places and coming out with a "W."
    I don't dislike the Steelers, but Ben is hurt and Chicago knows it. That does not make for a good game for The Chin. The Steelers have proven this year that without a Healthy Ben Roethlesberger, they are not a playoff caliber team.
  30. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0

    Those are not facts, they are statistics. Stastics are subjective, facts are objective. What does that mean? It means rankings very dependent by where you got them and who put them together and what parameters they weighted over others.
    Anyone who wants a more comprehensive overview of facts/stats here is a head-to-head look for the season. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/headToH...1&statsId2=12&
    You cannot take an unbiased look at this and say either side has potential for total domination.

    Now time to burn my 'cred by agreeing that the 2005 Colts are overrated. I base that on softness of schedule. Look at AFC South vs. West
    South DivisionWLz- Colts120Jaguars93Titans39Texans111

    West DivisionWLBroncos93Chargers84Chiefs84Raiders48

    South you have a division leader and wild card contender. West you have a damn dog fight between 3/4 of the division for division winner and the other two look strong for the wild cards.

    9 of their regular season games come from team with a current combined record of 27/81! Titans twice, Texans twice, 49ers, Cardnials, come on!
    Why not just play Green Bay in the playoffs and then play the Jets for the SuperBowl.

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    LOL. You are acting silly, especially with the overrated comment. You are kidding right? Last time I checked they were undefeated and have dominated every team that they have faced. You also failed to mention that the Chiefs were pretty much blown out earlier in the season at Denver, but barely pulled out a victory in KC. You want a fact? The facts are, the Colts are a much better team and if they happen to get a game with KC at home in the playoffs, they would absolutely destroy them. That's unless KC can even make it that far into the playoffs. Here are some more facts. The Colts have a better QB, a better RB, better WR's, a better defense (Chiefs are ranked 27th as opposed to the Colts ranking of 3rd), and the offense's are about the same statistically (both 2nd in the NFL), but trying to score against a superior D would be very tough. There are some facts for you. Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.
  31. Registered User
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,415
    Answers
    0

    Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing? Sorry, but a defense as bad as that has no shot at winning the SB. And it's common knowledge that the Colts have a better QB (Manning), a better RB (Edge) and a better WR (Harrison and Wayne is pretty frickin good too). Kind of like the triplets the Cowboys had in Aikman, Smith and Irvin during the nineties. They even have a better kicker if you want to take it a step further. KC does have Gonzo though. I'll give them that much. LJ is alright too. Hey, isn't this the time of the season that KC usually starts to choke?

    But all stats aside, it really doesn't matter until they win the SB right.
  32. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0

    Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing
    No because they didn't play as good of teams

    QB (Manning), a better RB (Edge) and a better WR (Harrison and Wayne is pretty frickin good too)
    oh yeah that is totally opinion. Its not the fact that these guys have such great talent, its the FACT they got such great stats from playing against worse teams.

    Give me a break.
  33. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0

    Did you even read my last post? Ignorance/stubborness does not make for good debate.

    Q: "Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing?"

    A: No, it means absolutly nothing. 1st, its not a fact. I previously explained why. 2nd, statistics and projections are just that. Ever heard the phrase "on any given Sunday"?

    "Facts" often don't mean a damn thing. FYI, I've never been arguing that the Chiefs are better than the Colts. I'm a Chiefs fan and will always cheer for them. I am making the philosofical argument that you cannot quote "facts" without being subject to other "facts" such as softest schedule in the NFL.
  34. Registered User
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,415
    Answers
    0

    Listen, I understand you defending your team and all, but I initially responded to someone who had stated the Colts were overrated which is obviously not the case. I'm not saying KC is a bad team, just not good enough to beat the Colts despite the strength of schedule or any of your other "Facts". Based on what I have seen alone, I would have to say the Colts would absolutely kill the Chiefs in the playoffs if they happened to hook up. The Colts would rip through their weak D and the Colts strong D would keep the Chiefs O in check, plain and simple. And max-rot saying Manning, Harrison and James are good only because they have good stats and that it's an opinion that they are good. What the **** are you talking about dude. So what's your opinion? If Manning isn't a good QB than I guess they're isn't any good ones in the NFL considering he's one of if not the best QB in the league. Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what they do. That is almost like saying Dan Marino was only good because he put up really good stats. No ****. He was a great player, he just happened to have never won a SB.
  35. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0

    Why did you switch from Jerry Rice to Dan Marino so fast?
    max-rot was saying that your trifecta has inflated stats because their opponents suck, not that their stats are good because they are good.
  36. Gold Member
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Answers
    0

    Oh, I see. You made the SB addendum.

    "Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what
    they do. That is almost like saying Jerry Rice was only good because he
    put up really good stats. No ****. That was a most retarded comment
    on your part."
  37. Registered User
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,415
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    Oh, I see. You made the SB addendum.

    "Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what
    they do. That is almost like saying Jerry Rice was only good because he
    put up really good stats. No ****. That was a most retarded comment
    on your part."
    Yep. Manning has always been good. In fact this is one of his so called down years since he hasn't had to rely on his arm to win games. He finally has a good D in place so he doesn't have to. Right now you can compare him to Marino because he's had good stats and is a very good QB, but hasn't won the big one...yet. Like I said before, all three of these guys have put up great stats, year after year. How long can you blame it on their schedule until you consider them to be good players.
  38. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0

    And max-rot saying Manning, Harrison and James are good only because they have good stats and that it's an opinion that they are good. What the **** are you talking about dude. So what's your opinion?
    WTF dude I was siding with you. No offense to massmonster but I think his comments on the schedule thing being easy is f'ing BS. We'll see when the playoffs come. IMO peyton manning is the best qb in the nfl. The colts are the best team in the NFL with the most talent in the NFL. People that personally don't like them are fine by me. To say they are overrated and all their great stats are due to playing easy teams is ignorance and BS.
    Sorry you didn't catch my f'n sarcasm natedogg and sorry I disagree with you mass. Its my opinion. And no the colts aren't my hometeam or even my favorite team but I recognize talent and no matter how much I hate a team I will give them credit where its due!
    Last edited by max-rot98; 12-07-2005 at 10:58 AM.
  39. Banned
    oswizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    472
    Answers
    0

    I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......
  40. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    NFC Wild Card
    Chicago 14 Atlanta 10
    NY Giants 31 Minnesota 14
    AFC Wild Card
    New England 20 Jacksonville 3
    Denver 24 San Diego 17
    NFC Divisional
    Seattle 17 Chicago 14 in OT
    Carolina 34 NY Giants 16
    AFC Divisional
    Indianapolis 37 New England 21
    Cincinnati 30 Denver 24
    NFC Championship
    Carolina 24 Seattle 14
    AFC Championship
    Indianapolis 45 Cincinnati 28
    Super Bowl
    Indianapolis 30 Carolina 20
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Super Bowl Predictions!
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
  2. Playoff predictions
    By AE14 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
  4. Superbowl prediction
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 07:49 AM
  5. scenario..help
    By sage in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in