Playoff Scenario/Superbowl Prediction

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
This is what I see in the near future:

AFC Playoff Picture:
North=Bengals win division (playoff berth 3rd seed )
South=Colts win division (16-0 1st seed)
East=Patriots win division (playoff berth 5th seed)
West=Denver narrowly wins division (2nd seed)

WildCard=Cheifs (4th seed) and Chargers (6th seed)

NFC playoff picture:
North=Chicago win division (playoff berth 2nd seed)
South=Carolina win Division (playoff berth 3rd seed)
East=Giants win division (playoff berth 4th seed)
West=Seattle win division (playoff berth 1st seed)

WildCard=Cowboys(5th seed) and Vikings (6th seed)

Playoff breakdowns and Superbowl predictions to follow.

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
AFC Playoffs
WildCard Round
Chargers @ Bengals (Chargers lose narrowly)
Chiefs @ Patriots (Chiefs win decisively)
Divisional Round
Bengals @ Broncos (Broncos win)
Chiefs @ Colts (Colts score 45 points on way to victory)
AFC Championship Game
Broncos @ Colts (Colts defense holds Denver to under 100 yards rushing and win)

NFC Playoffs
WildCard Round
Vikings @ Panthers (Panthers win, Mike Tyce is fired next day)
Cowboys @ Giants (Giants come up with a win at home)
Divisional Round
Giants @ Seattle (Giants win in OT)
Panthers @ Bears (Soldier field is too much for the southerners; Bears Win)
NFC Championship Game
Giants @ Bears (Bears defense shuts down NY offense; Bears win by 1 point)

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
SuperBowl 40
Bears vs. Colts……………………

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
In a game that pits possibly the greatest defense in the past quarter century against the best offense, potentially of all time (remember last year?), it will be the old football cliche that “Defense wins championships” that is put to the test. In the end Chicago’s monstrous effort will see 2 Manning interceptions, one of which will be returned for a touchdown, but the MVP of Superbowl XL will be none other than Bears RB Adrian Peterson for his 143yds rushing and 2 touchdowns. Bears win 24-21. Sorry Peyton.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
I love the Chiefs but damn I'd love to see Payton get screwed over. He is such a tool!

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
I'm an Eagles fan just to qualify this. I don't have any affiliation with the teams or placings. I just see this playing out. I think it would make the best headlines.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Conference Title game
denver at indy
giants at seattle

Superbowl
Seattle vs Indy

Seattle :burger:

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
In a game that pits possibly the greatest defense in the past quarter century against the best offense, potentially of all time (remember last year?), it will be the old football cliche that “Defense wins championships” that is put to the test. In the end Chicago’s monstrous effort will see 2 Manning interceptions, one of which will be returned for a touchdown, but the MVP of Superbowl XL will be none other than Bears RB Adrian Peterson for his 143yds rushing and 2 touchdowns. Bears win 24-21. Sorry Peyton.
lol wow. im from chicago and even here your optimism is bordering ridiculous. the bears will be in the playoffs but against other playoff teams their horrid offense will be their undoing. bounced in the first round or second depending on if they get a bye.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is what I see in the near future:

AFC Playoff Picture:
North=Bengals win division (playoff berth 3rd seed )
South=Colts win division (16-0 1st seed)
East=Patriots win division (playoff berth 5th seed)
West=Denver narrowly wins division (2nd seed)

WildCard=Cheifs (4th seed) and Chargers (6th seed)

NFC playoff picture:
North=Chicago win division (playoff berth 2nd seed)
South=Carolina win Division (playoff berth 3rd seed)
East=Giants win division (playoff berth 4th seed)
West=Seattle win division (playoff berth 1st seed)

WildCard=Cowboys(5th seed) and Vikings (6th seed)

Playoff breakdowns and Superbowl predictions to follow.
Wow you are totally leaving out Jax. They have a better record than sd and the chiefs and basically have a easiest schedule(except for having to play indy).

Also remeber that Sandiego has to have 1 more win than pitt in the end because pitt wins the tie between the 2. Thats if cincy doesnt choke.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah, your NFC wild card got vikings over falcons, tampa?
in AFC KC before JAX?
you sure of that hoss?

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
Jax has no 1st string quarterback and have to play the Colts. The Steelers have a wounded Ben Roethlesberger who has to face the bears D this week. The Vikings have won 5 in a row and the NFC south has just started their Regular Season Divisional games; they will punch each other out. I don't necessarily think this is the most LOGICAL of events, but it is a possibility; hence Prediction. Oh yeah, KC has Larry the Locomotive, who will replace Priest Holmes next season as the startig RB for the Cheifs.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
With all ado to the Bears #5 at best...

1985 Chicago Bears
1990 New York Giants

1991 Eagles- "Gang Green"
2000 Baltimore Ravens

The 91 Eagles sent 5 men(3 Dline) to the PB from the D that allowed 2.97 YPA rushing and opposing QB`s had a combined 52.1 passer rating... And if you think the Bears O is bad. Try 6 different QB`s started for the team. And it went 10-6. 26 Ints. 54 sacks
Missed the playoffs in a division that saw Dallas go 11-5, Skins go 14-2(Won SB).
Lost a tie breaker with ATL.

89 Eagles D had 56 takeaways total, 30 Ints, and 62 sacks

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I love the Chiefs but damn I'd love to see Payton get screwed over. He is such a tool!
First off, learn to spell his name right.

And secondly, how is he a tool? He's the hardest working player in the game, he wins, he's the best QB in the game (and quite possibly ever); he runs his offense himself; he voluntarily negotiated on his contract so that his salary can be cut some by the team if they need extra money to sign other franchise players (how's that being a tool? we call that class-act from where I come from)... Please name another player who has done that? He's all about winning, and about working with the team to do it. He's one of the most UNSELFISH players I have ever seen; he is humble and NEVER talks trash about another person unless its a mild response to someone (like his FG kicker 2 years ago around Pro-Bowl time)

Admit you're a hater, and just get it out of your system.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

2 interceptions out of the 12 possessions the Colts would have... so what happens on the other 10? They score on about 60% of their drives... thats at LEAST 18 points and up to 42...

I dont see the Bears scoring more than 10 points defensively, and there's not a chance in hell they could do more than get a few field goals against the Indy defense.

Don't kid yourself. Good defense most definitely DOES win championships. But you're forgetting that the Colts ALSO have a good defense... and its much more tempered in gameplay. They've actually PLAYED tough teams and won... did you watch the Steelers game? There's a reason they are 12-0 and it isnt because of luck.

And to the Seahawks fans... dont kid yourself either... you should have lost to the Giants (3 missed FGs in a ROW). Bears or Giants are probably the best team that would stack up against the Colts. I thought the Steelers would be, but we saw how that went. Seahawks have shown they cant stop a passing attack.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Damn, you pulled the spelling card right away?
I never said he was not a damn good QB. I'll give you that a heartbeat. I'm just saying my impression of him as a person is that he is a real tool. Even my friends that are HUGE Indy fans concede that in a sense he is as big of a prima donna as TO if he had not found a home in Indy. Why not boot Dungee out and let Payton run the whole show? That should save the team some cash. It could be a throwback the player/manager days of baseball.
Not a hater; just voiced my personal opinion. Around here the only haters are those who believe that those with differing opinions are wrong. Kind of like the NFL. Anyone else think that the fining of coaches after games is ridicules? I feel that post game press is free speech if you don't use profanity, personal attacks, ect. If you disagree with a call, it’s your perogative. I'd agree if there were an issue arise during the game, but if you behave like a sportsman during the game then in the post game you have earned the right to speak.

And secondly, how is he a tool? He's the hardest working player in the game, he wins, he's the best QB in the game (and quite possibly ever); he runs his offense himself; he voluntarily negotiated on his contract so that his salary can be cut some by the team if they need extra money to sign other franchise players (how's that being a tool? we call that class-act from where I come from)... Please name another player who has done that? He's all about winning, and about working with the team to do it. He's one of the most UNSELFISH players I have ever seen; he is humble and NEVER talks trash about another person unless its a mild response to someone (like his FG kicker 2 years ago around Pro-Bowl time)

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
Are the Steelers a good team?
You see the Colts getting 12 possesions against a team that runs as well as the Bears?
I also see Grossman starting before the playoffs begin which adds another element to the Bears offense.

If you can make any team one demensional, which the Bears do well, defending them becomes much easier. The Patriots in years past have layed the blue-print for beating the Colts, which they probably would have done this year sans the personel problems they have had.

Peyton has yet to win the big game. No Body is going to care if they go 18-1 and don't win the superbowl. Has he ever won a championship at any level of the game?

ThaBlitz

Awards
Im gonna have to say the Texans are gonna win it all hands down. Blow Out style. :rolleyes:

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

First of all you need to watch a game with peyton manning in it before you can say those things about him. Because if you did you would know that he is an a jerk sometimes to his teammates and is not the kind gentle person you make him out to be. As far as his contract being renegoitiated for franchise players we will see where reggie wayne and james end up next year. I will agree he is probably the best QB in the league RIGHT NOW but he needs to win big games post season and play a little longer in the league before I can even mention him in a sentence as some of the greats who play or played football. 12-0 mean nothing or even 16-0 with out winning in the post season.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are the Steelers a good team?
I would definitly not rule out the steelers this year. I know this might ruffle a few feathers here, but I would not want to be chicago come this sunday. I doubt the steelers are gonna lose 4 in a row.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chiefs would beat the Colts.

Our offense can handle any defense in the business when healthy. The pro-bowler filled O-line, most underrated QB in the NFL, Larry Johnson (nuff said), Best tight end in football in Tony G, and receiver like kennison, hall, and parker that just seem to make things happen when they need to.

The game would depend on how we stop the Indy offense. They will not roll all over us like other teams. Their running game will be hampered with the recent return of KC's Ryan Simms as was demonstrated against The Denver Donkeys. With the way the pass defense/safeties have stepped it up over recent weeks, we should be able to come up with enough stops to allow kc's offense an extra score or 2 over Indy.

Kansas City over Colts 31-23

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chiefs would beat the Colts.

Our offense can handle any defense in the business when healthy. The pro-bowler filled O-line, most underrated QB in the NFL, Larry Johnson (nuff said), Best tight end in football in Tony G, and receiver like kennison, hall, and parker that just seem to make things happen when they need to.

The game would depend on how we stop the Indy offense. They will not roll all over us like other teams. Their running game will be hampered with the recent return of KC's Ryan Simms as was demonstrated against The Denver Donkeys. With the way the pass defense/safeties have stepped it up over recent weeks, we should be able to come up with enough stops to allow kc's offense an extra score or 2 over Indy.

Kansas City over Colts 31-23
Please.

Wake up from that fog you apparently call reality and get back to the real world.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Please.

Wake up from that fog you apparently call reality and get back to the real world.
indeed.
a much lesser Indy team handed the chiefs one of the most embaressing losses I ever saw, in the playoffs two years go. it wasnt the score but the unstoppableness of the colts.
that was the year they where 9-0(KC), etc etc

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bears and Indy

Not that I am a fan of either team, but I would love to see "Cut That Meat" get his clocked rung by Brian Urlacher...

Bears never should have waisted a pick on Bensons sorry ass.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Please.

I'm wowed by your intellect. Perhaps backing up your facts or details would help your cause.

It sounds like you are in denial of the fact the Chiefs have what it takes to knock off the most overrated team in football.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm wowed by your intellect. Perhaps backing up your facts or details would help your cause.

It sounds like you are in denial of the fact the Chiefs have what it takes to knock off the most overrated team in football.
LOL. You are acting silly, especially with the overrated comment. You are kidding right? Last time I checked they were undefeated and have dominated every team that they have faced. You also failed to mention that the Chiefs were pretty much blown out earlier in the season at Denver, but barely pulled out a victory in KC. You want a fact? The facts are, the Colts are a much better team and if they happen to get a game with KC at home in the playoffs, they would absolutely destroy them. That's unless KC can even make it that far into the playoffs. Here are some more facts. The Colts have a better QB, a better RB, better WR's, a better defense (Chiefs are ranked 27th as opposed to the Colts ranking of 3rd), and the offense's are about the same statistically (both 2nd in the NFL), but trying to score against a superior D would be very tough. There are some facts for you. Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL. You are acting silly, especially with the overrated comment. You are kidding right? Last time I checked they were undefeated and have dominated every team that they have faced. You also failed to mention that the Chiefs were pretty much blown out earlier in the season at Denver, but barely pulled out a victory in KC. You want a fact? The facts are, the Colts are a much better team and if they happen to get a game with KC at home in the playoffs, they would absolutely destroy them. That's unless KC can even make it that far into the playoffs. Here are some more facts. The Colts have a better QB, a better RB, better WR's, a better defense (Chiefs are ranked 27th as opposed to the Colts ranking of 3rd), and the offense's are about the same statistically (both 2nd in the NFL). There are some facts for you. Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.
LOL

What he said.

Sorry I wasn't around to back up my "facts". Not that I think I claimed any facts except the fact IP is in a fog, which, I will stand by given statements recently made. lol

Now add delusional to the list.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.
When a team consistently makes the playoffs every year, then 3/4 of the way through this season is undefeated because they improved their D and maintained their excellent offense the only thing you can say is wow what an excellent team. When you say overrated you just sound jealous of their accomplishments. Give credit where it is due bro.

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
The 2 places opposing teams would like to play the LEAST in the upcoming post season: Chicago and Indianapolis. That is where the whole scenario origionated from. I can not see anyone going into either of those two places and coming out with a "W."
I don't dislike the Steelers, but Ben is hurt and Chicago knows it. That does not make for a good game for The Chin. The Steelers have proven this year that without a Healthy Ben Roethlesberger, they are not a playoff caliber team.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Those are not facts, they are statistics. Stastics are subjective, facts are objective. What does that mean? It means rankings very dependent by where you got them and who put them together and what parameters they weighted over others.
Anyone who wants a more comprehensive overview of facts/stats here is a head-to-head look for the season. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/headToHeadTeamResults?statsId1=11&statsId2=12&
You cannot take an unbiased look at this and say either side has potential for total domination.

Now time to burn my 'cred by agreeing that the 2005 Colts are overrated. I base that on softness of schedule. Look at AFC South vs. West
South DivisionWLz- Colts120Jaguars93Titans39Texans111

West DivisionWLBroncos93Chargers84Chiefs84Raiders48

South you have a division leader and wild card contender. West you have a damn dog fight between 3/4 of the division for division winner and the other two look strong for the wild cards.

9 of their regular season games come from team with a current combined record of 27/81! Titans twice, Texans twice, 49ers, Cardnials, come on!
Why not just play Green Bay in the playoffs and then play the Jets for the SuperBowl.

LOL. You are acting silly, especially with the overrated comment. You are kidding right? Last time I checked they were undefeated and have dominated every team that they have faced. You also failed to mention that the Chiefs were pretty much blown out earlier in the season at Denver, but barely pulled out a victory in KC. You want a fact? The facts are, the Colts are a much better team and if they happen to get a game with KC at home in the playoffs, they would absolutely destroy them. That's unless KC can even make it that far into the playoffs. Here are some more facts. The Colts have a better QB, a better RB, better WR's, a better defense (Chiefs are ranked 27th as opposed to the Colts ranking of 3rd), and the offense's are about the same statistically (both 2nd in the NFL), but trying to score against a superior D would be very tough. There are some facts for you. Sorry bud, but you lost all credibility when you called the Colts overrated.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing? Sorry, but a defense as bad as that has no shot at winning the SB. And it's common knowledge that the Colts have a better QB (Manning), a better RB (Edge) and a better WR (Harrison and Wayne is pretty frickin good too). Kind of like the triplets the Cowboys had in Aikman, Smith and Irvin during the nineties. They even have a better kicker if you want to take it a step further. KC does have Gonzo though. I'll give them that much. LJ is alright too. Hey, isn't this the time of the season that KC usually starts to choke?

But all stats aside, it really doesn't matter until they win the SB right.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing
No because they didn't play as good of teams:toofunny:

QB (Manning), a better RB (Edge) and a better WR (Harrison and Wayne is pretty frickin good too)
oh yeah that is totally opinion. Its not the fact that these guys have such great talent, its the FACT they got such great stats from playing against worse teams.

Give me a break.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Did you even read my last post? Ignorance/stubborness does not make for good debate.

Q: "Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing?"

A: No, it means absolutly nothing. 1st, its not a fact. I previously explained why. 2nd, statistics and projections are just that. Ever heard the phrase "on any given Sunday"?

"Facts" often don't mean a damn thing. FYI, I've never been arguing that the Chiefs are better than the Colts. I'm a Chiefs fan and will always cheer for them. I am making the philosofical argument that you cannot quote "facts" without being subject to other "facts" such as softest schedule in the NFL.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Listen, I understand you defending your team and all, but I initially responded to someone who had stated the Colts were overrated which is obviously not the case. I'm not saying KC is a bad team, just not good enough to beat the Colts despite the strength of schedule or any of your other "Facts". Based on what I have seen alone, I would have to say the Colts would absolutely kill the Chiefs in the playoffs if they happened to hook up. The Colts would rip through their weak D and the Colts strong D would keep the Chiefs O in check, plain and simple. And max-rot saying Manning, Harrison and James are good only because they have good stats and that it's an opinion that they are good. What the **** are you talking about dude. So what's your opinion? If Manning isn't a good QB than I guess they're isn't any good ones in the NFL considering he's one of if not the best QB in the league. Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what they do. That is almost like saying Dan Marino was only good because he put up really good stats. No ****. He was a great player, he just happened to have never won a SB.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Why did you switch from Jerry Rice to Dan Marino so fast?
max-rot was saying that your trifecta has inflated stats because their opponents suck, not that their stats are good because they are good.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I see. You made the SB addendum.

"Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what
they do. That is almost like saying Jerry Rice was only good because he
put up really good stats. No ****. That was a most retarded comment
on your part."

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I see. You made the SB addendum.

"Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what
they do. That is almost like saying Jerry Rice was only good because he
put up really good stats. No ****. That was a most retarded comment
on your part."
Yep. Manning has always been good. In fact this is one of his so called down years since he hasn't had to rely on his arm to win games. He finally has a good D in place so he doesn't have to. Right now you can compare him to Marino because he's had good stats and is a very good QB, but hasn't won the big one...yet. Like I said before, all three of these guys have put up great stats, year after year. How long can you blame it on their schedule until you consider them to be good players.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And max-rot saying Manning, Harrison and James are good only because they have good stats and that it's an opinion that they are good. What the **** are you talking about dude. So what's your opinion?
WTF dude I was siding with you. No offense to massmonster but I think his comments on the schedule thing being easy is f'ing BS. We'll see when the playoffs come. IMO peyton manning is the best qb in the nfl. The colts are the best team in the NFL with the most talent in the NFL. People that personally don't like them are fine by me. To say they are overrated and all their great stats are due to playing easy teams is ignorance and BS.
Sorry you didn't catch my f'n sarcasm natedogg and sorry I disagree with you mass. Its my opinion. And no the colts aren't my hometeam or even my favorite team but I recognize talent and no matter how much I hate a team I will give them credit where its due!

Last edited:

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
NFC Wild Card
Chicago 14 Atlanta 10
NY Giants 31 Minnesota 14
AFC Wild Card
New England 20 Jacksonville 3
Denver 24 San Diego 17
NFC Divisional
Seattle 17 Chicago 14 in OT
Carolina 34 NY Giants 16
AFC Divisional
Indianapolis 37 New England 21
Cincinnati 30 Denver 24
NFC Championship
Carolina 24 Seattle 14
AFC Championship
Indianapolis 45 Cincinnati 28
Super Bowl
Indianapolis 30 Carolina 20

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
NFC Wild Card
Chicago 14 Atlanta 10
NY Giants 31 Minnesota 14
AFC Wild Card
New England 20 Jacksonville 3
Denver 24 San Diego 17
NFC Divisional
Seattle 17 Chicago 14 in OT
Carolina 34 NY Giants 16
AFC Divisional
Indianapolis 37 New England 21
Cincinnati 30 Denver 24
NFC Championship
Carolina 24 Seattle 14
AFC Championship
Indianapolis 45 Cincinnati 28
Super Bowl
Indianapolis 30 Carolina 20
Where's KC at? :lol:

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated, then the same goes for a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.

The main here is the strength of schedule. It may be your opinion that this is a poor reason. However, this is a factor that should be taken into consideration.

What real good teams have Indy played? I think the only decent team they have played is Cincy and Indy BARELY squeaked out a win. And there are much stronger teams in the NFL than Cincy. And Indy will choke to one of them in the playoffs.

2005 REGULAR SEASON
WK DATE OPPONENT 1 9/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 24 - 7 2 9/18 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 10 - 3 3 9/25 CLEVELAND BROWNS 13 - 6 4 10/2 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 10 5 10/9 @ San Francisco 49ers 28 - 3 6 10/17 ST. LOUIS RAMS 45 - 28 7 10/23 @ Houston Texans 38 - 20 8 10/30 BYE - 9 11/7 @ New England Patriots 40 - 21 10 11/13 HOUSTON TEXANS 31 - 17 11 11/20 @ Cincinnati Bengals 45 - 37 12 11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 26 - 7 13 12/4 TENNESSEE TITANS 35 - 3 14 12/11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM 15 12/18 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 PM 16 12/24 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM 17 1/1 ARIZONA CARDINALS 1:00 PM

Here is the COLTS schedule for illustration purposes. Please point out all the good teams you can find in their first 12 games. Please don't even say Steelers. They are the MOST overrated team and it is beginning to show.

Last edited:
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......
Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not. What Dwight Freeney lacks in size, he makes up for it in speed, quickness and strength. I've seen him run over guys weighing 50 pounds heavier. If he can't run through them, he'll throw a quick swim move and go around them. DF in most cases has to be doubled up and that leaves other guys open for the pass rush. Gonzo is awesome though.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated so are a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.
So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Nate, you are becoming a living contradiction. Those prone to pissing matches might say your statement

"Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not."

could be used against you and any of your Indy favorites.

Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not. What Dwight Freeney lacks in size, he makes up for it in speed, quickness and strength. I've seen him run over guys weighing 50 pounds heavier. If he can't run through them, he'll throw a quick swim move and go around them. DF in most cases has to be doubled up and that leaves other guys open for the pass rush. Gonzo is awesome though.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated so are a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.
Tell you what. Let me know how much of a difference those stats make when the Colts head to Detroit in Feburary. I'd be suprised if KC didn't choke like they usually do and make the playoffs.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Insert a comma after overrated and you will better understand his statement.

So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Nate, you are becoming a living contradiction. Those prone to pissing matches might say your statement

"Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not."

could be used against you and any of your Indy favorites.
But...I'm...a...Niners fan. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should be. My team sucks ass. Alex Smith is the greatest QB in the NFL BTW. :rolleyes:

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
No disappointment here. How many posts can you quote me on how Badass the chiefs are and how they will win superbowl xl?? I've only disagreed with your logic on how good the colts are. Question? If a niners fan, why all the support for Indy? I dont know **** about Alex. I'll take your word for it.
But...I'm...a...Niners fan. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should be. My team sucks ass. Alex Smith is the greatest QB in the NFL BTW. :rolleyes:

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, another assumption and we all know what that makes you...

Sounds like you are threatened because there are professional NFL analysts who happen to have the same opinion as mine.

I form my own opinions. Try it out sometime.