Playoff Scenario/Superbowl Prediction

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48
    There was no way the steelers were gonna loose 4 in a row.
    Yup. I feel the same way.

  2. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Great Defense?

    ****, are you on glue? Steelers "great" D isn't what it used to be. Wake up and smell the ****. I'd say coffee but I think that'd be too strong for your brain cells right now.

    Bears D had an off game. You can only hold teams for so long before a team breaks it. Plus, Steelers were due for a big game after the previous 3.
    Its great compared to teams in the NFC. I was speaking relatively. How is the Bears defense rated so highly when Pittsburgh has a better one, yet some people are already saying their dynasty is over? So many people just look at sheer numbers and think thats all there is. They don't watch the games; they watch the highlights on ESPN. I hope you're not in that group?

    Indy vs Jacksonville is a good example... on paper Indy barely won by 8 points. But it was a slaughterhouse. Indy's defense merely played to run out the clock; give a few yards here and there and make them work. At the very end they threw down the gauntlet and challenged the Colts offense to be forced to give up the ball on a 3 and out... and the Colts got their first down and finished off the game with 2 kneels.

    A couple reasons why Pittsburgh's defense is still great: Look at the teams they lost against. They lost to the Ravens because Big Ben was not playing the game.... with him in the game, the Ravens (and any team) would have to take the pass threat more seriously, and the Steelers running game would have had more room (and that would have been the difference).

    The next game was MNF at Indy. They were playing in the RCA Dome (which favors speed and quickness vs size and strength on both sides of the ball; AND the noise in the dome against the visitors is ALWAYS loud).... and against the best team in the NFL just as they were hitting their stride. Colts have a great run defense and they put it to use. The Steelers DO have a good defense, and thats why Indy ONLY racked up 26 points... remember they are normally putting up much more. All these odds were stacked against Pittsburgh.

    The next game was at home vs Cincy. Their home stadium gave them a bit of advantage; but you could TELL through watching the game that the Bengals wanted it more than the Steelers. They came in to prove to everyone, and to themselves, that they are one of the bigboys now. The steelers have a great defense, they still had slight of an off-game here. You think its so horrible that Cincy put up 38 points? Well thats life; Cincy has a HELLUVA offense... Carson Palmer is a less experienced, more mobile Peyton Manning. IMO he's the 2nd best QB in the league. In the game, the Steelers were putting a lot of coverage onto Chad Johnson because of how much of a threat he is. I call this phenomenon the 'Marvin Harrison effect'. Take away defenders and allow the rest of your team to make plays. Harrison draws two? Enter Reggie Wayne. And it worked, they put up 38 points against a great defense.

    So, I am definitely NOT on glue. Coffee would be good right now. Its the best part of wakin up, Folgers in my stein.
  3. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13068
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Good analysis Bean but Pittsburgh has to win a Super Bowl before you declare them a dynasty IMO.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    Its great compared to teams in the NFC. I was speaking relatively. How is the Bears defense rated so highly when Pittsburgh has a better one, yet some people are already saying their dynasty is over? So many people just look at sheer numbers and think thats all there is. They don't watch the games; they watch the highlights on ESPN. I hope you're not in that group?

    Indy vs Jacksonville is a good example... on paper Indy barely won by 8 points. But it was a slaughterhouse. Indy's defense merely played to run out the clock; give a few yards here and there and make them work. At the very end they threw down the gauntlet and challenged the Colts offense to be forced to give up the ball on a 3 and out... and the Colts got their first down and finished off the game with 2 kneels.

    A couple reasons why Pittsburgh's defense is still great: Look at the teams they lost against. They lost to the Ravens because Big Ben was not playing the game.... with him in the game, the Ravens (and any team) would have to take the pass threat more seriously, and the Steelers running game would have had more room (and that would have been the difference).

    The next game was MNF at Indy. They were playing in the RCA Dome (which favors speed and quickness vs size and strength on both sides of the ball; AND the noise in the dome against the visitors is ALWAYS loud).... and against the best team in the NFL just as they were hitting their stride. Colts have a great run defense and they put it to use. The Steelers DO have a good defense, and thats why Indy ONLY racked up 26 points... remember they are normally putting up much more. All these odds were stacked against Pittsburgh.

    The next game was at home vs Cincy. Their home stadium gave them a bit of advantage; but you could TELL through watching the game that the Bengals wanted it more than the Steelers. They came in to prove to everyone, and to themselves, that they are one of the bigboys now. The steelers have a great defense, they still had slight of an off-game here. You think its so horrible that Cincy put up 38 points? Well thats life; Cincy has a HELLUVA offense... Carson Palmer is a less experienced, more mobile Peyton Manning. IMO he's the 2nd best QB in the league. In the game, the Steelers were putting a lot of coverage onto Chad Johnson because of how much of a threat he is. I call this phenomenon the 'Marvin Harrison effect'. Take away defenders and allow the rest of your team to make plays. Harrison draws two? Enter Reggie Wayne. And it worked, they put up 38 points against a great defense.

    So, I am definitely NOT on glue. Coffee would be good right now. Its the best part of wakin up, Folgers in my stein.
    I'm just bustin chops a bit

    I think you overvalued Pitts a little too much though. And, I quite like the Steelers myself. They just aren't what they had been in previous years, for whatever reason.
  5. Banned
    oswizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

    Larry Johnson is a beast........this says it all.

    Dec 12 ESPNews reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson has 852 rushing yards since Nov. 1, which is the most in the NFL since that date. Johnson has six consecutive 100-yard rushing games. During that six game span, he has scored 10 rushing touchdowns.

    Thats ur 1st pick of next years fantasy draft fellaz.
  6. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Good analysis Bean but Pittsburgh has to win a Super Bowl before you declare them a dynasty IMO.
    Yes I agree... I guess dynasty was a little too praising...

    Like how the Braves have always won their division since hte early 90s...

    always there, always in your face, always a threat of some sort; thats how i think of the steelers. And the smashmouth, power and size part of football too
  7. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by oswizzle
    Larry Johnson is a beast........this says it all.

    Dec 12 ESPNews reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson has 852 rushing yards since Nov. 1, which is the most in the NFL since that date. Johnson has six consecutive 100-yard rushing games. During that six game span, he has scored 10 rushing touchdowns.

    Thats ur 1st pick of next years fantasy draft fellaz.

    I'll be goin with either Manning (Peyton or even Eli) or Carson Palmer. Quite possibly Reggie Bush too.
  8. New Member
    Reggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%

    I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the Chiefs/Colts argument was absolutely hilarious.

    The game would not be close. Not at all. Larry Johnson is good. Very good.
    He is the only thing holding the team above water. They would get thoroughly trashed if they played the Colts.

    (No, I am not a Colts fan)
  9. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggin
    I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the Chiefs/Colts argument was absolutely hilarious.

    The game would not be close. Not at all. Larry Johnson is good. Very good.
    He is the only thing holding the team above water. They would get thoroughly trashed if they played the Colts.

    (No, I am not a Colts fan)
    Please. Let's beat the horse dead a little more

    Still waiting for IntenseChump to show up and defend his Chiefs like a man.

    :rolf:
  10. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    500
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    28.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    I didn't think Peyton EVER won a championship. If you look at what the Colts have done this year, you will recognize that the best defense they faced put them in a situation that created a losable game for the Colts. Jacksonville held them to 10 points and the Bears D is More than marginally better than the Jags. If the Colts play the Bears, Peyton will be watching the game from his back. That IS the blueprint to beat the Colts, put Peyton on the turf repeatedly and watch the Colts struggle to score.
    Have you forgotten about who is BEHIND Peyton Manning at Indy? Edgerrin James ring a bell? The #2 rusher in the LEAGUE, only 56 yeards behind Shawn Alexander. He WILL break his career high this season in rushing TDs (he only needs one more) and he's on pace to break his career high in rushing yards in a season. So yeah, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send the Bears D on a blitz to get Peyton so that they can hand it to Edgerrin up the middle for 20, and then playaction to him and hit harrison for 6 on the next play. I'm not a Colts fan, but I love watching good football teams, and the Colts are a VERY VERY VERY good football team...
  11. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by Magickk
    Have you forgotten about who is BEHIND Peyton Manning at Indy? Edgerrin James ring a bell? The #2 rusher in the LEAGUE, only 56 yeards behind Shawn Alexander. He WILL break his career high this season in rushing TDs (he only needs one more) and he's on pace to break his career high in rushing yards in a season. So yeah, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send the Bears D on a blitz to get Peyton so that they can hand it to Edgerrin up the middle for 20, and then playaction to him and hit harrison for 6 on the next play. I'm not a Colts fan, but I love watching good football teams, and the Colts are a VERY VERY VERY good football team...
    The sick thing is, Peyton likes to pass on a blitz His QB rating and completion % is very high on blitzes. I've seen him see a blitz coming, and he hikes the ball, and makes a quick pass across the middle to Dallas Clark... no one there to touch him except the small part of the secondary that didn't run in on the blitz. They were covering the other WRs and then you've got two little safeties that are a bad matchup to a good TE.

    But yeah, I've been singing the praises of the Edge all year. He only gets so much recognition because he plays on a passing team. But he can win the game himself; which he has shown several times this year. If the other team wants to run 8 people in zone coverage; Manning will now humbly hand the ball off to Edge for 8-9 yards. They ran the hell out of the ball against the Titans. Anyone watch that game?

    The thing I like most about watching the Colts, is that its like watching a REALLY good player on John Madden '06 on the Xbox lol. Its precise, obviously rehearsed.... they go on 4th down a lot, make 3rd down conversions over 12-13 yards quite often and the score normally looks like an Xbox game
  12. New Member
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    196
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    11.41%

    Who said anything about a blitz? Watch a Bears game. They get pressure and contact without blitzing. My argument remains the same. What defense in the NFL has a better chance at holding the Colts offense to 21 and under. I think the Colts are probably the best team in the league right now, but it is not always the best team that wins the big game. Rex Grossamn will be starting in Chicago in the near future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magickk
    So yeah, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send the Bears D on a blitz to get Peyton so that they can hand it to Edgerrin up the middle for 20, and then playaction to him and hit harrison for 6 on the next play. I'm not a Colts fan, but I love watching good football teams, and the Colts are a VERY VERY VERY good football team...
  13. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    Who said anything about a blitz? Watch a Bears game. They get pressure and contact without blitzing. My argument remains the same. What defense in the NFL has a better chance at holding the Colts offense to 21 and under. I think the Colts are probably the best team in the league right now, but it is not always the best team that wins the big game. Rex Grossamn will be starting in Chicago in the near future.
    The Broncos have a better chance at holding the offense under 21 points (not saying they would; they just have a better chance). The Bears D didnt even hold the Steelers offense (a running offense mind you) to under 21 points; but the Colts held them to 7 (and even that was because of an interception runback to like the 12 yard line). The steelers had maybe 1 or 2 first downs in the entire first half.

    Colts... probably?... best team... there's no probably about it. And most of the time, YES the best team does win the big game. I know you want to hope against all hope, but its not the Bears' year. Get an offense first, then they can start playing with the Big Boys.
  14. Board Supporter
    judge-mental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    731
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    4.72%

    what team has the best chance to beat the colts?

    I would say NE, Cincy, pittsburg

    out of the NFC flock maybe NYG, Dallas :-)


    out of all of those, I still take NE.
  15. Banned
    oswizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

    Best team that can beat the Colts is Cinci........Palmer to House and Chad combo is sick....

    I hate to say it..but Mr. Cut that Meats team looks like its gonna take this year....Peyton is just in the damn zone right now. Marvelous Marvin is ****en faster then hell at his age..what gives? Colts will smash on anyone this year just for the fact they get to play indoors...if they didnt have homefield...then they'd be screwed...Cut that meat sucks ass in the cold outdoors...as we all know
  16. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    276
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    44.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Please. Let's beat the horse dead a little more

    Still waiting for IntenseChump to show up and defend his Chiefs like a man.

    :rolf:
    Hey Houseman...or...Blouseman...as your coworkers at Victoria Secret call you...

    I appreciate that you look foward to my posts regarding the Chiefs. However, post that you quoted has no substance to it whatsoever.

    I have yet to read a post that analytically tells me why the chiefs would be blown out by the colts. Perhaps you can be the first? Oh yeah, before you start talking about the KC defense, don't forget to mention that the Chiefs have the number 1 offense in the NFL... better than the Colts...
  17. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    Hey Houseman...or...Blouseman...as your coworkers at Victoria Secret call you...

    I appreciate that you look foward to my posts regarding the Chiefs. However, post that you quoted has no substance to it whatsoever.

    I have yet to read a post that analytically tells me why the chiefs would be blown out by the colts. Perhaps you can be the first? Oh yeah, before you start talking about the KC defense, don't forget to mention that the Chiefs have the number 1 offense in the NFL... better than the Colts...
    Heyyyy... you finally showed up to make a post to defend your beloved Chumps errr Chiefs.

    Where were you earlier in the week when they lost to the Cowboys? ****ing choked like the chumps they are too.

    ON a bright note, I actually like the Chiefs and I do like the Colts as well but I definitely think you're on glue when you think the Chiefs can beat the Colts.

    Perhaps if the Colts get sick and forget how to tie their kleets.

    Thanks for showing up. You're not as big of a ***** as initially thought afterall. Still a *****, just not a Roseann Barr sized *****
  18. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    255
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    84.17%

    Dungeon the Jaguars put 30 points up against Baltimore and 31 against Tennessee, any other false statements you wanna make?

    You wish they were in your division? Both losses to the colts were one posession games and weren't decided until the final 2 minutes. They beat the Bengals, Seahawks, and Steelers.

    You think KC and SD will both get in?
    SD: Colts, KC, Broncos
    KC: Giants, SD, Bengals
    Jax: 49ers, Titans, Texans
    Pitt: Vikes, Browns, Lions

    That's some pretty terrible analysis, bro. Where the hell have you been this season?

    That said,
    AFC: Colts, Broncos, Bengals, Pats, Jaguars, Steelers
    NFC: Seahawks, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care.
  19. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    Hey Houseman...or...Blouseman...as your coworkers at Victoria Secret call you...

    I appreciate that you look foward to my posts regarding the Chiefs. However, post that you quoted has no substance to it whatsoever.

    I have yet to read a post that analytically tells me why the chiefs would be blown out by the colts. Perhaps you can be the first? Oh yeah, before you start talking about the KC defense, don't forget to mention that the Chiefs have the number 1 offense in the NFL... better than the Colts...
    How do they have the #1 offense again? ROFL

    The Chiefs don't have the #1 offense... trust me. They don't even have the #2 or #3. #2 would be the Bengals; #3 would be the Seahawks. If you go by the YPG measure; the Chiefs have a slightly higher YPG than anyone in the NFL. But that is a very poor measuring stick.... and you KNOW it is.

    YPG means nothing; especially for the Chiefs, who havent played any tough defenses this year; cept to Denver, which they lost the 1st game and barely won the 2nd game... and thats it
    You might think they are SO GREAT this year, because they BEAT DENVER.... well yes; they beat them by 4 points. WHOOPDYDOO!!!!
    Did you realize the Colts have beaten EVERY OPPONENT by at least 7 points over the entire year? Against the Jags and then against the Browns early in the year before their offense started clicking. This last game against the Jags was by 8 points; but if you watched the game, it was honestly by 23 points. The Jags got manhandled, just like the Steelers.... and the Patriots.... even the Bengals got beat...
    They're giving the Colts an 8 point spread on the game... against the CHARGERS.... this is the #3 team in the nation on offensevia statistics
  20. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    276
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    44.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    How do they have the #1 offense again? ROFL

    The Chiefs don't have the #1 offense... trust me. They don't even have the #2 or #3. #2 would be the Bengals; #3 would be the Seahawks. If you go by the YPG measure; the Chiefs have a slightly higher YPG than anyone in the NFL. But that is a very poor measuring stick.... and you KNOW it is.

    YPG means nothing; especially for the Chiefs, who havent played any tough defenses this year; cept to Denver, which they lost the 1st game and barely won the 2nd game... and thats it
    You might think they are SO GREAT this year, because they BEAT DENVER.... well yes; they beat them by 4 points. WHOOPDYDOO!!!!
    Did you realize the Colts have beaten EVERY OPPONENT by at least 7 points over the entire year? Against the Jags and then against the Browns early in the year before their offense started clicking. This last game against the Jags was by 8 points; but if you watched the game, it was honestly by 23 points. The Jags got manhandled, just like the Steelers.... and the Patriots.... even the Bengals got beat...
    They're giving the Colts an 8 point spread on the game... against the CHARGERS.... this is the #3 team in the nation on offensevia statistics
    Bean...c'mon man...go let a fart and get some of that air out of your head...

    What does margin of victory in its own right has little if anything to do with the strength of a teams offense. Main factors in judging an offense in my mind would be yards (both rushing and passing), turnovers, and points scored. The defense is the primary component of a team that is in charge of stopping the opposition from scoring points. Therefore, if the margin of victory is tight, offense could still be the best in the league, but the defense is not in the top tier.

    And to comment, I agree that going scrictly by yards is a poor way judging the "best" offenses or defenses...however, chiefs are number one in this category after last week but also hold very impressive numbers in points scored and turnovers allowed.
  21. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    276
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    44.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Heyyyy... you finally showed up to make a post to defend your beloved Chumps errr Chiefs.

    Where were you earlier in the week when they lost to the Cowboys? ****ing choked like the chumps they are too.

    ON a bright note, I actually like the Chiefs and I do like the Colts as well but I definitely think you're on glue when you think the Chiefs can beat the Colts.

    Perhaps if the Colts get sick and forget how to tie their kleets.

    Thanks for showing up. You're not as big of a ***** as initially thought afterall. Still a *****, just not a Roseann Barr sized *****
    Damn dude, a roseann barr sized ***** would be freakin huge... "That's a HUUUUUUGE *****"

    anyway, you still have yet to give specifics regarding how the colts would dominate the chiefs.
  22. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    500
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    28.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    Bean...c'mon man...go let a fart and get some of that air out of your head...

    What does margin of victory in its own right has little if anything to do with the strength of a teams offense. Main factors in judging an offense in my mind would be yards (both rushing and passing), turnovers, and points scored. The defense is the primary component of a team that is in charge of stopping the opposition from scoring points. Therefore, if the margin of victory is tight, offense could still be the best in the league, but the defense is not in the top tier.

    And to comment, I agree that going scrictly by yards is a poor way judging the "best" offenses or defenses...however, chiefs are number one in this category after last week but also hold very impressive numbers in points scored and turnovers allowed.
    That's because they ran up the score in a 45-17 W against the Terrible Texans!!! The team with the worst rushing D in the NFL!

    Bottom line: they're 8-5...
  23. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    276
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    44.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Magickk
    That's because they ran up the score in a 45-17 W against the Terrible Texans!!! The team with the worst rushing D in the NFL!

    Bottom line: they're 8-5...
    and rushed for 100 yards in the 4th quarter alone against the broncos...
  24. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1336
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bottom Line: The Colts are still unbeaten, the Niners still suck and Intense Pump is still a woman. J/K

    Is it just me, or is the NFC a bore to watch. Who the hell is gonna give ANYONE from the AFC a good game in the SB? I don't even think the Seahawks could hang with the top 4 or 5 teams in the AFC.
  25. Board Supporter
    judge-mental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    731
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    4.72%

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Bottom Line: The Colts are still unbeaten, the Niners still suck and Intense Pump is still a woman. J/K

    Is it just me, or is the NFC a bore to watch. Who the hell is gonna give ANYONE from the AFC a good game in the SB? I don't even think the Seahawks could hang with the top 4 or 5 teams in the AFC.
    Giants/Cowboys I think have a good matchup

    I think.
  26. Registered User
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%

    I dunno man, Texans would give the Packers a hell of a game in the SB!

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Bottom Line: The Colts are still unbeaten, the Niners still suck and Intense Pump is still a woman. J/K

    Is it just me, or is the NFC a bore to watch. Who the hell is gonna give ANYONE from the AFC a good game in the SB? I don't even think the Seahawks could hang with the top 4 or 5 teams in the AFC.
  27. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    and rushed for 100 yards in the 4th quarter alone against the broncos...
    And got beat by the Giants. Odds were a 8 point spread on that game for the Giants to win.

    Chiefs OWN the NFL? They won't even make the playoffs.

    I'm counting down the minutes on the Colts and Chargers game. I'm picking the Colts by 13 points. Chargers have the 22nd or 23rd ranked pass defense in the NFL. Good rushing offense. But then again, so did Pittsburgh.

    Anyone see how the two Jaguars players got slapped with fines by the NFL for their excessively rough play. That face mask in the 1st quarter.... no fine at all... that guy should have been ejected from the game.
    VERY late hit on Reggie Wayne, attempting to cause injury on a hit against a TE or something, and the "smashing the face mask in the ground repeatedly after the whistle was blown" play.

    Chiefs are going to lose the next 2 as well. Chargers then the Bengals. Just as I said before... 4 out of the next 5. Now if the Bengals decide to sit their starters, that might change things up a bit. But the Chargers will be playing as an upset team at that point, because I dont expect them to be winning the Indy game (and thus losing their shot at the wildcard)
  28. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    And to comment, I agree that going scrictly by yards is a poor way judging the "best" offenses or defenses...however, chiefs are number one in this category after last week but also hold very impressive numbers in points scored and turnovers allowed.
    Let air out of my head huh? You're the one that is conjuring facts out of thin air. Impressive numbers in points scored? No they don't, in the company you're speaking of. They were ranked #5. And this is a ranking against poor teams. They have only beaten ONE good team. Denver, in Arrowhead stadium with Jake the Snake... and they only barely won.

    They lost to dallas, and now the Giants. Care to comment on the team with the "best" offense, where their leading rusher had 167 yards and still couldnt win the game? Tiki Barber definitely outclassed the "god" that you make Larry Johnson out to be.

    Bottom line? Chiefs are a GOOD football team. But they arent NEARLY as good as you say they are. PERIOD. You arent going to win the big game with a great rushing offense and mediocre defense.
  29. Board Supporter
    IntensePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    276
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    44.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    You arent going to win the big game with a great rushing offense and mediocre defense.
    FINALLY... this is one of the few, if not only, intelligent things said in a response to one of my posts.

    Chiefs haves a very good passing O and a great rush O... and then people say, "bullsh*t! they are 8-5!" and then the rest of think "no sh*t they are 8-5 dumb@ss, but that doesn't mean the O isn't good, it's because of points given up by the D"

    And with the Defense the Chiefs showed tonight against the Giants, you're damn right they wouldn't win the big game.
  30. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    FINALLY... this is one of the few, if not only, intelligent things said in a response to one of my posts.

    Chiefs haves a very good passing O and a great rush O... and then people say, "bullsh*t! they are 8-5!" and then the rest of think "no sh*t they are 8-5 dumb@ss, but that doesn't mean the O isn't good, it's because of points given up by the D"

    And with the Defense the Chiefs showed tonight against the Giants, you're damn right they wouldn't win the big game.
    You back peddle fast
  31. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hey Intense Chump?

    How about them Chiefs

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  32. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13068
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Hey Intense Chump?

    How about them Chiefs

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    They'll be watching like I expected them to
  33. New Member
    asap nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    309
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

    NE Patriots and Carilona Panthers in SUper bowl 40
  34. New Member
    Benderzzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    74.14%

    what happened asap
    no three peat
  35. Registered User
    EEmain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    567
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    71.26%

    E-A-G-L-E-S oops wrong thread sorry.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Super Bowl Predictions!
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  2. Playoff predictions
    By AE14 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:18 PM
  4. Superbowl prediction
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 08:49 AM
  5. scenario..help
    By sage in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 04:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in