Playoff Scenario/Superbowl Prediction

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing? Sorry, but a defense as bad as that has no shot at winning the SB. And it's common knowledge that the Colts have a better QB (Manning), a better RB (Edge) and a better WR (Harrison and Wayne is pretty frickin good too). Kind of like the triplets the Cowboys had in Aikman, Smith and Irvin during the nineties. They even have a better kicker if you want to take it a step further. KC does have Gonzo though. I'll give them that much. LJ is alright too. Hey, isn't this the time of the season that KC usually starts to choke?

    But all stats aside, it really doesn't matter until they win the SB right.


  2. Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing
    No because they didn't play as good of teams

    QB (Manning), a better RB (Edge) and a better WR (Harrison and Wayne is pretty frickin good too)
    oh yeah that is totally opinion. Its not the fact that these guys have such great talent, its the FACT they got such great stats from playing against worse teams.

    Give me a break.
    •   
       


  3. Did you even read my last post? Ignorance/stubborness does not make for good debate.

    Q: "Ok so the fact that the Colts have the 3rd best D in the NFL and the Chiefs have the 27th best D in the NFL means absolutely nothing?"

    A: No, it means absolutly nothing. 1st, its not a fact. I previously explained why. 2nd, statistics and projections are just that. Ever heard the phrase "on any given Sunday"?

    "Facts" often don't mean a damn thing. FYI, I've never been arguing that the Chiefs are better than the Colts. I'm a Chiefs fan and will always cheer for them. I am making the philosofical argument that you cannot quote "facts" without being subject to other "facts" such as softest schedule in the NFL.

  4. Listen, I understand you defending your team and all, but I initially responded to someone who had stated the Colts were overrated which is obviously not the case. I'm not saying KC is a bad team, just not good enough to beat the Colts despite the strength of schedule or any of your other "Facts". Based on what I have seen alone, I would have to say the Colts would absolutely kill the Chiefs in the playoffs if they happened to hook up. The Colts would rip through their weak D and the Colts strong D would keep the Chiefs O in check, plain and simple. And max-rot saying Manning, Harrison and James are good only because they have good stats and that it's an opinion that they are good. What the **** are you talking about dude. So what's your opinion? If Manning isn't a good QB than I guess they're isn't any good ones in the NFL considering he's one of if not the best QB in the league. Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what they do. That is almost like saying Dan Marino was only good because he put up really good stats. No ****. He was a great player, he just happened to have never won a SB.

  5. Why did you switch from Jerry Rice to Dan Marino so fast?
    max-rot was saying that your trifecta has inflated stats because their opponents suck, not that their stats are good because they are good.
    •   
       


  6. Oh, I see. You made the SB addendum.

    "Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what
    they do. That is almost like saying Jerry Rice was only good because he
    put up really good stats. No ****. That was a most retarded comment
    on your part."

  7. Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    Oh, I see. You made the SB addendum.

    "Good players put up good stats year after year and that's what
    they do. That is almost like saying Jerry Rice was only good because he
    put up really good stats. No ****. That was a most retarded comment
    on your part."
    Yep. Manning has always been good. In fact this is one of his so called down years since he hasn't had to rely on his arm to win games. He finally has a good D in place so he doesn't have to. Right now you can compare him to Marino because he's had good stats and is a very good QB, but hasn't won the big one...yet. Like I said before, all three of these guys have put up great stats, year after year. How long can you blame it on their schedule until you consider them to be good players.

  8. And max-rot saying Manning, Harrison and James are good only because they have good stats and that it's an opinion that they are good. What the **** are you talking about dude. So what's your opinion?
    WTF dude I was siding with you. No offense to massmonster but I think his comments on the schedule thing being easy is f'ing BS. We'll see when the playoffs come. IMO peyton manning is the best qb in the nfl. The colts are the best team in the NFL with the most talent in the NFL. People that personally don't like them are fine by me. To say they are overrated and all their great stats are due to playing easy teams is ignorance and BS.
    Sorry you didn't catch my f'n sarcasm natedogg and sorry I disagree with you mass. Its my opinion. And no the colts aren't my hometeam or even my favorite team but I recognize talent and no matter how much I hate a team I will give them credit where its due!
    Last edited by max-rot98; 12-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.

  9. I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......

  10. NFC Wild Card
    Chicago 14 Atlanta 10
    NY Giants 31 Minnesota 14
    AFC Wild Card
    New England 20 Jacksonville 3
    Denver 24 San Diego 17
    NFC Divisional
    Seattle 17 Chicago 14 in OT
    Carolina 34 NY Giants 16
    AFC Divisional
    Indianapolis 37 New England 21
    Cincinnati 30 Denver 24
    NFC Championship
    Carolina 24 Seattle 14
    AFC Championship
    Indianapolis 45 Cincinnati 28
    Super Bowl
    Indianapolis 30 Carolina 20

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    NFC Wild Card
    Chicago 14 Atlanta 10
    NY Giants 31 Minnesota 14
    AFC Wild Card
    New England 20 Jacksonville 3
    Denver 24 San Diego 17
    NFC Divisional
    Seattle 17 Chicago 14 in OT
    Carolina 34 NY Giants 16
    AFC Divisional
    Indianapolis 37 New England 21
    Cincinnati 30 Denver 24
    NFC Championship
    Carolina 24 Seattle 14
    AFC Championship
    Indianapolis 45 Cincinnati 28
    Super Bowl
    Indianapolis 30 Carolina 20
    Where's KC at?

  12. If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated, then the same goes for a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.

    The main here is the strength of schedule. It may be your opinion that this is a poor reason. However, this is a factor that should be taken into consideration.

    What real good teams have Indy played? I think the only decent team they have played is Cincy and Indy BARELY squeaked out a win. And there are much stronger teams in the NFL than Cincy. And Indy will choke to one of them in the playoffs.

    2005 REGULAR SEASON
    WK DATE OPPONENT 1 9/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 24 - 7 2 9/18 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 10 - 3 3 9/25 CLEVELAND BROWNS 13 - 6 4 10/2 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 10 5 10/9 @ San Francisco 49ers 28 - 3 6 10/17 ST. LOUIS RAMS 45 - 28 7 10/23 @ Houston Texans 38 - 20 8 10/30 BYE - 9 11/7 @ New England Patriots 40 - 21 10 11/13 HOUSTON TEXANS 31 - 17 11 11/20 @ Cincinnati Bengals 45 - 37 12 11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 26 - 7 13 12/4 TENNESSEE TITANS 35 - 3 14 12/11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM 15 12/18 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 PM 16 12/24 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM 17 1/1 ARIZONA CARDINALS 1:00 PM

    Here is the COLTS schedule for illustration purposes. Please point out all the good teams you can find in their first 12 games. Please don't even say Steelers. They are the MOST overrated team and it is beginning to show.
    Last edited by IntensePump; 12-07-2005 at 06:30 PM.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by oswizzle
    I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......
    Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not. What Dwight Freeney lacks in size, he makes up for it in speed, quickness and strength. I've seen him run over guys weighing 50 pounds heavier. If he can't run through them, he'll throw a quick swim move and go around them. DF in most cases has to be doubled up and that leaves other guys open for the pass rush. Gonzo is awesome though.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated so are a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.
    So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?

  15. Nate, you are becoming a living contradiction. Those prone to pissing matches might say your statement

    "Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not."

    could be used against you and any of your Indy favorites.


    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not. What Dwight Freeney lacks in size, he makes up for it in speed, quickness and strength. I've seen him run over guys weighing 50 pounds heavier. If he can't run through them, he'll throw a quick swim move and go around them. DF in most cases has to be doubled up and that leaves other guys open for the pass rush. Gonzo is awesome though.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated so are a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.
    Tell you what. Let me know how much of a difference those stats make when the Colts head to Detroit in Feburary. I'd be suprised if KC didn't choke like they usually do and make the playoffs.

  17. Insert a comma after overrated and you will better understand his statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    Nate, you are becoming a living contradiction. Those prone to pissing matches might say your statement

    "Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not."

    could be used against you and any of your Indy favorites.
    But...I'm...a...Niners fan. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should be. My team sucks ass. Alex Smith is the greatest QB in the NFL BTW.

  19. No disappointment here. How many posts can you quote me on how Badass the chiefs are and how they will win superbowl xl?? I've only disagreed with your logic on how good the colts are. Question? If a niners fan, why all the support for Indy? I dont know **** about Alex. I'll take your word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    But...I'm...a...Niners fan. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should be. My team sucks ass. Alex Smith is the greatest QB in the NFL BTW.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?
    Wow, another assumption and we all know what that makes you...

    Sounds like you are threatened because there are professional NFL analysts who happen to have the same opinion as mine.

    I form my own opinions. Try it out sometime.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    No disappointment here. How many posts can you quote me on how Badass the chiefs are and how they will win superbowl xl?? I've only disagreed with your logic on how good the colts are. Question? If a niners fan, why all the support for Indy? I dont know **** about Alex. I'll take your word for it.
    Why not? Who else am I going to root for. I'd like to see Manning win a SB so he doesn't become another Marino.

  22. BY THE WAY...

    The Chiefs throttled the Colts in 2004 by 10 points and won. And that was with a MUCH worse KC defense.

    Final score was 45-35.

    Both teams are better this year and would make for a hell of a game.

  23. I guess thats the root of our difference. I'm a chiefs fan and do not cheer for any other team regardless of how talented. I do acknowledge that talent though. I dont think I addressed that before. Why the **** would I want Indy or manning to win the SB unless A) I was an Indy fan prior to any point where I could be called a fair weather fan or B) If I'm betting on them since I have to pick one of two teams in any given contest.

    I don't hate the Colts one bit. If it were not for Peyton I'd rarely notice they exist. I've hated manning since he was in college. Talented, yes. I major tool, yes. His personality to me comes across a passive agressive little prick. Just my opinion. His teammates are a great colection of talent and Dungee doesn't get his due. He's gotten the short end since Tampa.
    I site the soft schedule repeatedly because it seems to be such a waste to pit these guys againts the fools they play. Re-align the divisions and we all get play-off action games every week.


    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Why not? Who else am I going to root for. I'd like to see Manning win a SB so he doesn't become another Marino.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    I guess thats the root of our difference. I'm a chiefs fan and do not cheer for any other team regardless of how talented. I do acknowledge that talent though. I dont think I addressed that before. Why the **** would I want Indy or manning to win the SB unless A) I was an Indy fan prior to any point where I could be called a fair weather fan or B) If I'm betting on them since I have to pick one of two teams in any given contest.
    I'm not a fairweather fan whatsoever if that's what you're implying. I'm just saying If I were to root for anyone, it would be the Colts. Everybody pulls for or against somebody when their team has absolutely no chance. As bad as it sounds, I am rooting against the Niners at this point. We want that first pick in the draft so that we can get the best player in college football, Reggie Bush (yeah I said it). The frickin' Texans keep blowing games though. Sorry asses.

  25. nope, not saying you are fairweather.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Where's KC at?
    They'll be having an indoor BBQ while they watch the Colts win it all

  27. anybody else feel seatle is way overrated (talk about weak schedule...)
    new england had one of thoughest schedules they came to the game against the colts bitten with the colts after a bye and the best schedule in the NFL. when everybody gets healthy there, watch out. you're counting the champs out.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Why not? Who else am I going to root for. I'd like to see Manning win a SB so he doesn't become another Marino.
    I agree I would love to see manning get a superbowl. You think the niners have it bad at least they were successful in the past. The Browns suck royally every year. I still watch every game though. And for the first time in 20 years we have a thousand yd rusher.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    BY THE WAY...

    The Chiefs throttled the Colts in 2004 by 10 points and won. And that was with a MUCH worse KC defense.

    Final score was 45-35.

    Both teams are better this year and would make for a hell of a game.
    Please.

    You couldn't find an original thought with a flashlight and two hands.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Please.

    You couldn't find an original thought with a flashlight and two hands.
    That was funny.

    The Browns huh. I don't feel so bad now.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Super Bowl Predictions!
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  2. Playoff predictions
    By AE14 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:18 PM
  4. Superbowl prediction
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 08:49 AM
  5. scenario..help
    By sage in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Log in
Log in