Indianapolis 45 Cincinnati 28
    Super Bowl
    Indianapolis 30 Carolina 20
    Where's KC at?

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.54%

If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated, then the same goes for a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.

The main here is the strength of schedule. It may be your opinion that this is a poor reason. However, this is a factor that should be taken into consideration.

What real good teams have Indy played? I think the only decent team they have played is Cincy and Indy BARELY squeaked out a win. And there are much stronger teams in the NFL than Cincy. And Indy will choke to one of them in the playoffs.

2005 REGULAR SEASON
    WK DATE OPPONENT 1 9/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 24 - 7 2 9/18 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 10 - 3 3 9/25 CLEVELAND BROWNS 13 - 6 4 10/2 @ Tennessee Titans 31 - 10 5 10/9 @ San Francisco 49ers 28 - 3 6 10/17 ST. LOUIS RAMS 45 - 28 7 10/23 @ Houston Texans 38 - 20 8 10/30 BYE - 9 11/7 @ New England Patriots 40 - 21 10 11/13 HOUSTON TEXANS 31 - 17 11 11/20 @ Cincinnati Bengals 45 - 37 12 11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 26 - 7 13 12/4 TENNESSEE TITANS 35 - 3 14 12/11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM 15 12/18 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 PM 16 12/24 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM 17 1/1 ARIZONA CARDINALS 1:00 PM

Here is the COLTS schedule for illustration purposes. Please point out all the good teams you can find in their first 12 games. Please don't even say Steelers. They are the MOST overrated team and it is beginning to show.
    Last edited by IntensePump; 12-07-2005 at 07:30 PM.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by oswizzle
    I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......
    Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not. What Dwight Freeney lacks in size, he makes up for it in speed, quickness and strength. I've seen him run over guys weighing 50 pounds heavier. If he can't run through them, he'll throw a quick swim move and go around them. DF in most cases has to be doubled up and that leaves other guys open for the pass rush. Gonzo is awesome though.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%

Quote Originally Posted by IntensePump
    If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated so are a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.
    So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

Nate, you are becoming a living contradiction. Those prone to pissing matches might say your statement

"Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not."

could be used against you and any of your Indy favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not. What Dwight Freeney lacks in size, he makes up for it in speed, quickness and strength. I've seen him run over guys weighing 50 pounds heavier. If he can't run through them, he'll throw a quick swim move and go around them. DF in most cases has to be doubled up and that leaves other guys open for the pass rush. Gonzo is awesome though.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

If I'm jealous of Indy b/c I think they are overrated so are a couple analysts I've seen on ESPN over the last couple weeks.
    Tell you what. Let me know how much of a difference those stats make when the Colts head to Detroit in Feburary. I'd be suprised if KC didn't choke like they usually do and make the playoffs.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

Insert a comma after overrated and you will better understand his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    So what you're saying is you get your information from Analysts and choose to take their opinion instead forming a thought of your own and being original?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

Quote Originally Posted by massmonster
    Nate, you are becoming a living contradiction. Those prone to pissing matches might say your statement

"Best RB in the NFL is giving him way too much credit, but when he's on the team you like, why not."

could be used against you and any of your Indy favorites.
    But...I'm...a...Niners fan. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should be. My team sucks ass. Alex Smith is the greatest QB in the NFL BTW.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

No disappointment here. How many posts can you quote me on how Badass the chiefs are and how they will win superbowl xl?? I've only disagreed with your logic on how good the colts are. Question? If a niners fan, why all the support for Indy? I dont know **** about Alex. I'll take your word for it.
    But...I'm...a...Niners fan. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should be. My team sucks ass. Alex Smith is the greatest QB in the NFL BTW.
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.54%

Wow, another assumption and we all know what that makes you...

Sounds like you are threatened because there are professional NFL analysts who happen to have the same opinion as mine.

I form my own opinions. Try it out sometime.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

No disappointment here. How many posts can you quote me on how Badass the chiefs are and how they will win superbowl xl?? I've only disagreed with your logic on how good the colts are. Question? If a niners fan, why all the support for Indy? I dont know **** about Alex. I'll take your word for it.
    Why not? Who else am I going to root for. I'd like to see Manning win a SB so he doesn't become another Marino.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.54%

BY THE WAY...

The Chiefs throttled the Colts in 2004 by 10 points and won. And that was with a MUCH worse KC defense.

Final score was 45-35.

Both teams are better this year and would make for a hell of a game.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

I guess thats the root of our difference. I'm a chiefs fan and do not cheer for any other team regardless of how talented. I do acknowledge that talent though. I dont think I addressed that before. Why the **** would I want Indy or manning to win the SB unless A) I was an Indy fan prior to any point where I could be called a fair weather fan or B) If I'm betting on them since I have to pick one of two teams in any given contest.

I don't hate the Colts one bit. If it were not for Peyton I'd rarely notice they exist. I've hated manning since he was in college. Talented, yes. I major tool, yes. His personality to me comes across a passive agressive little prick. Just my opinion. His teammates are a great colection of talent and Dungee doesn't get his due. He's gotten the short end since Tampa.
    I site the soft schedule repeatedly because it seems to be such a waste to pit these guys againts the fools they play. Re-align the divisions and we all get play-off action games every week.

Why not? Who else am I going to root for. I'd like to see Manning win a SB so he doesn't become another Marino.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

I guess thats the root of our difference. I'm a chiefs fan and do not cheer for any other team regardless of how talented. I do acknowledge that talent though. I dont think I addressed that before. Why the **** would I want Indy or manning to win the SB unless A) I was an Indy fan prior to any point where I could be called a fair weather fan or B) If I'm betting on them since I have to pick one of two teams in any given contest.
    I'm not a fairweather fan whatsoever if that's what you're implying. I'm just saying If I were to root for anyone, it would be the Colts. Everybody pulls for or against somebody when their team has absolutely no chance. As bad as it sounds, I am rooting against the Niners at this point. We want that first pick in the draft so that we can get the best player in college football, Reggie Bush (yeah I said it). The frickin' Texans keep blowing games though. Sorry asses.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

nope, not saying you are fairweather.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Where's KC at?
    They'll be having an indoor BBQ while they watch the Colts win it all
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.98%

anybody else feel seatle is way overrated (talk about weak schedule...)
    new england had one of thoughest schedules they came to the game against the colts bitten with the colts after a bye and the best schedule in the NFL. when everybody gets healthy there, watch out. you're counting the champs out.
  18. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.83%

I agree I would love to see manning get a superbowl. You think the niners have it bad at least they were successful in the past. The Browns suck royally every year. I still watch every game though. And for the first time in 20 years we have a thousand yd rusher.
  19. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%

BY THE WAY...

The Chiefs throttled the Colts in 2004 by 10 points and won. And that was with a MUCH worse KC defense.

Final score was 45-35.

Both teams are better this year and would make for a hell of a game.
    Please.

You couldn't find an original thought with a flashlight and two hands.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

Please.

That was funny.

The Browns huh. I don't feel so bad now.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.92%

Quote Originally Posted by judge-mental
    anybody else feel seatle is way overrated (talk about weak schedule...)
    new england had one of thoughest schedules they came to the game against the colts bitten with the colts after a bye and the best schedule in the NFL. when everybody gets healthy there, watch out. you're counting the champs out.
    They're a good team. but not a 10-2 team, they'll be in the NFC championship game because of their schedule and because I don't think the Bears are good enough to win in the play-offs on the road against Seattle but Carolina will take care of them. The 49ers DID scare the crap out of them a few weeks ago and keep in mind that this was an injury depleted 49ers squad. The team that couldn't score on anyone and they barely lost to Seattle 27-25
  22. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.54%

Please.

Interesting how you pull this out on a post where I don't express an opinion but only state a cold hard fact.

but then again, I guess I should consider the intelligence (or lack thereof) of the person stating the flashlight comment.
  23. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    Are the Steelers a good team?
    You see the Colts getting 12 possesions against a team that runs as well as the Bears?
    I also see Grossman starting before the playoffs begin which adds another element to the Bears offense.

If you can make any team one demensional, which the Bears do well, defending them becomes much easier. The Patriots in years past have layed the blue-print for beating the Colts, which they probably would have done this year sans the personel problems they have had.

Peyton has yet to win the big game. No Body is going to care if they go 18-1 and don't win the superbowl. Has he ever won a championship at any level of the game?

The Patriots of LAST year layed a blueprint for LAST YEARS Colts. Teams have tried... the formula was a strong D that forced Peyton to run (which he didnt like doing even though the Edge was/is great) and forced him to make mistakes when passing... And don't forget the "way" to be the colts is in inclement weather. Always in Gillette Stadium when its snowing. Well guess what? All of their playoff games will be in a dome And so will the Superbowl.

The PROBLEM is, that was LAST YEARS Colts, this years team can beat you anyway. Gonna run 8 in pass protection? Fine, Peyton runs the ball down your throat and Indy's defense allows you to score 3 points. Once you start dropping another man back towards the line to stop the run, he has you and will throw it to one of his players. Both of the TEs are great players, all of his WRs are of the best in the league, he's got the best slot-reciever in the game IMO, and he can almost always read the defense and see what you're going to do. No-huddle is the future of the NFL gentlemen, Carson Palmer is having success with it too; and they love doing it

Teams over the past year have TRIED to stop Manning all sorts of ways... The Bengals tried a shootout, the Steelers tried running the ball and controlling the clock, The Pats wanted a shootout too.

Trust me, the Bears wouldnt have a prayer... their offense is horrible. Don't even try to compare them to the Patriots of last year; its not a fair comparison.

Remember when the Bucs won the SuperBowl? They had a damn good defense, but they also had a halfway decent offense too.

OH, and YES Peyton Manning has won a championship. At Tennessee they won the national championship and he won the Heisman trophy, and he was the #1 pick in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48
    First of all you need to watch a game with peyton manning in it before you can say those things about him. Because if you did you would know that he is an a jerk sometimes to his teammates and is not the kind gentle person you make him out to be. As far as his contract being renegoitiated for franchise players we will see where reggie wayne and james end up next year. I will agree he is probably the best QB in the league RIGHT NOW but he needs to win big games post season and play a little longer in the league before I can even mention him in a sentence as some of the greats who play or played football. 12-0 mean nothing or even 16-0 with out winning in the post season.
    I need to watch a game with Peyton Manning in it? OMG ROFL... DUDE! seriously?!? I've watched EVERY SINGLE COLTS GAME from beginning to end this year. I know how he is in the field... he's very competitive, but don't think the highly exalted tom brady is any different... GOOD QBs are competitive... just like most good WRs are very selfish. Anyone remember Harrison from late '03 complaining about not getting the ball enough?
  24. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.22%

I dont know about the Colts having a better Running Back then Chiefs man sorry........Larry Johnson since he's become a full time starter has been the best RB in the NFL........I think the Colts are a better team......but undersized dudes like Dwight Freeny would get smushed by KC's Offensive Line........Just look at the Denver undersized D that was getting Handled by Will Shields and Big Willie Roaf....not to mention No one in the Colts secondary could even contain Tony Gonzalez.......
    Sorry, but seeing as how the Colts are a passing team and the Edge is racking up the numbers and making such a difference (that IS why they call him the Edge).

Remember Indy has a GREAT run defense, they stopped the steelers running game cold with their 'undersized' squad. Especially their rookie Safety... that dude is bad ass!!! What's his name again? I cant remember... he had a HUGE open-field tackle against the Steelers, he's like 5'7 205

Oh and no one in the Colts secondary could contain Chad Johnson either He even stated it before the game; and he was right. But the Colts STILL won, their D played well when it mattered, and their offense was their regular spectacular selves, scoring on the first 5 possessions of the game. And Denver still put up 27 points against that great D of yours. Don't think for a minute that its not possible for the Colts to DOUBLE that score.

I would definitly not rule out the steelers this year. I know this might ruffle a few feathers here, but I would not want to be chicago come this sunday. I doubt the steelers are gonna lose 4 in a row.
    I agree. I think Chicago is going down. There's no offense to hit the Steelers with (who will be super pissed from losing 3 in a row -> not to mention the coach; that guy scares me lol)...
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Bean

OH, and YES Peyton Manning has won a championship. At Tennessee they won the national championship and he won the Heisman trophy, and he was the #1 pick in the draft
    Sorry Bean, Peyton never won a championship in college, that was the Tennesse team with Tee Martin at QB that won it. But you're right on the Colts vs Bears, it wouldn't be fair, it'd be Colts 27-10.
  26. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

Natedogg.....
    First off I am not a Chiefs fan and second ur smokin some laced Ganja Homie.Larry Johnson since he's been a full time running back has been the best back in the league.......his yards after contact are unreal......if he becomes a full time starter next year he will rush over 2000 yds......get NFL ticket and Become a fantasy Football geek like me and You will begin to understand the players more from watching them rather hearing crackhead espn analyst giving their bunk opinions.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.45%

I didn't think Peyton EVER won a championship. If you look at what the Colts have done this year, you will recognize that the best defense they faced put them in a situation that created a losable game for the Colts. Jacksonville held them to 10 points and the Bears D is More than marginally better than the Jags. If the Colts play the Bears, Peyton will be watching the game from his back. That IS the blueprint to beat the Colts, put Peyton on the turf repeatedly and watch the Colts struggle to score. That is what the Patriots have done in the past. How are they a different team this year? New coach, coordinator,QB, RB, WR, Oline? NO. They are the same team save a few additions to the D-fense. But if the d-fense faced good offenses it would not be ranked so highly. When they have faced good offenses they have given up both yards and points. I wish the Eagles would have their schedule this year, they would have a ranked D as well. Titans (2x's) Texans (2x's) Jaguars ((2x's)don't even say it they still haven't scored 30) 49er's, Steelers, c'mon the Defense was going to look better. The steelers are not a true test for this team, there is something wrong in pittsburgh, I can't say what, but it seems like they stopped believing they can win. The Colts are good, but not undefeated good and not "they will blow out this or that team" good as long as this or that team has a ligitimate top 10 defense.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

if he becomes a full time starter next year he will rush over 2000 yds.....
    Bold statement, but I'm sure we'll find out next year when he does become the number one back. BTW, besides the Broncos, LJ hasn't faced a team with that great of a D against the run. But whatever...until he becomes a full time back, we won't know for sure. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Edit: I'm not saying the guy's bad, but he needs to prove himself before you go all crazy on the guy and start calling him the best back in the league.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The Patriots of LAST year layed a blueprint for LAST YEARS Colts. Teams have tried... the formula was a strong D that forced Peyton to run (which he didnt like doing even though the Edge was/is great) and forced him to make mistakes when passing... And don't forget the "way" to be the colts is in inclement weather. Always in Gillette Stadium when its snowing. Well guess what? All of their playoff games will be in a dome And so will the Superbowl.

The PROBLEM is, that was LAST YEARS Colts, this years team can beat you anyway. Gonna run 8 in pass protection? Fine, Peyton runs the ball down your throat and Indy's defense allows you to score 3 points. Once you start dropping another man back towards the line to stop the run, he has you and will throw it to one of his players. Both of the TEs are great players, all of his WRs are of the best in the league, he's got the best slot-reciever in the game IMO, and he can almost always read the defense and see what you're going to do. No-huddle is the future of the NFL gentlemen, Carson Palmer is having success with it too; and they love doing it

Teams over the past year have TRIED to stop Manning all sorts of ways... The Bengals tried a shootout, the Steelers tried running the ball and controlling the clock, The Pats wanted a shootout too.

Trust me, the Bears wouldnt have a prayer... their offense is horrible. Don't even try to compare them to the Patriots of last year; its not a fair comparison.

Remember when the Bucs won the SuperBowl? They had a damn good defense, but they also had a halfway decent offense too.

I need to watch a game with Peyton Manning in it? OMG ROFL... DUDE! seriously?!? I've watched EVERY SINGLE COLTS GAME from beginning to end this year. I know how he is in the field... he's very competitive, but don't think the highly exalted tom brady is any different... GOOD QBs are competitive... just like most good WRs are very selfish. Anyone remember Harrison from late '03 complaining about not getting the ball enough?

I was a little harsh with that watching him play comment. I think the colts are a great team and if you were to put another qb in the offense I think he would be almost as good. That offense is awesome especially with that defense giving them such great field position. I do think they had a weak schedule the first half, but their second half of the schedule is where I think they will be tested.

By the way manning has never won a national championship, Tennesse won the National title the first year after manning left for the nfl with Tee Martin.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Bold statement, but I'm sure we'll find out next year when he does become the number one back. BTW, besides the Broncos, LJ hasn't faced a team with that great of a D against the run. But whatever...until he becomes a full time back, we won't know for sure. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Edit: I'm not saying the guy's bad, but he needs to prove himself before you go all crazy on the guy and start calling him the best back in the league.

If you pan out his numbers for a whole season the totals are incredible. I agree thou, its hard to give him that kind of credit when he hasnt played a full season as a starter. If priest is able to play, I hope he decides to take a role like faulk did with St louis. LJ is to good not to get the ball as a featured back.
  31. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%

I think when Dick Vermeil made the comments it was time for Johnson to take his diapers off and become a man....its gonna push him barring any injury absolutely insane and wanna run from KC to MT.Rushmore...dude is motivate he got clowned in public....next season he'll be the man.
  32. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.22%

To the 'Bears-will-win-the-superbowl' fans: *COUGH*

This is what happens when you play against a great defense and when you have no offense to help; ass-kicking.

Their defense that some say were better than the 85 Bears, allowed 190 rushing yards. HMMMM
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

I saw the highlights. The Steelers absolutely ran over the Bears D.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I saw the highlights. The Steelers absolutely ran over the Bears D.
    There was no way the steelers were gonna loose 4 in a row.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

There was no way the steelers were gonna loose 4 in a row.
    I was thinking the same exact thing.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.45%

Prior to this week, they were better on paper. I did not think that they would give up that many yards on the ground. I still believe that we will see Grossman starting at QB before the end of the season, and if we don't, they don't go past the second round.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    Prior to this week, they were better on paper. I did not think that they would give up that many yards on the ground. I still believe that we will see Grossman starting at QB before the end of the season, and if we don't, they don't go past the second round.
    I agree, he needs to be in next week if hes ready.
  38. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.73%

You heard it here first folks. AFC East will come down to the final game of the season: Fins/Pat in NE.
  39. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%

How about them Cheifs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH A
  40. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%

To the 'Bears-will-win-the-superbowl' fans: *COUGH*

This is what happens when you play against a great defense and when you have no offense to help; ass-kicking.

Their defense that some say were better than the 85 Bears, allowed 190 rushing yards. HMMMM
    Great Defense?

****, are you on glue? Steelers "great" D isn't what it used to be. Wake up and smell the ****. I'd say coffee but I think that'd be too strong for your brain cells right now.

Bears D had an off game. You can only hold teams for so long before a team breaks it. Plus, Steelers were due for a big game after the previous 3.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Super Bowl Predictions!
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
  2. Playoff predictions
    By AE14 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 07:18 PM
  4. Superbowl prediction