Anyone wanna tell the damn government to stop putting their nose in everything?

  1. Anyone wanna tell the damn government to stop putting their nose in everything?


    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5133278

    What a bunch of horse****. Damn I know the BCS isnt perfect; but for ****S SAKE... the damn government needs to get its goddamned nose out of places it doesnt belong!

    First its the steroid controversy with baseball...
    then its Terrell Owens

    now its the BCS...

    I think the Legistlative Branch of the government is one of the most corrupt organizations I have EVER seen... this includes moderation of the FDA, Pharmacy lobbyists, big tech companies (see the **** Bellsouth might be planning to do?), and a whole slew of other things.


  2. i just saw this on the espn ticker. what a joke. it must be a really slow year for politics.

  3. It's a good thing we have fixed the economy, public schools, health care system, restored peace in the middle east because we can now focus on the corruption of college football
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    It's a good thing we have fixed the economy, public schools, health care system, restored peace in the middle east because we can now focus on the corruption of college football
    I know right! Shiet, since my kids will have social security when they get older and the fact that we have caught sedam and the Osama Binladen, oh yea i forgot, loaned a couple mil. to our school systems, yea sure we can concentrate on the corruption of college football, no prob!US -----> <-----Gov't
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  5. Hey,
    I hate the government and the waste of money on these dumb hearings, but anything that helps get a D1A playoff in my lifetime is A-OK with me.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Hey,
    I hate the government and the waste of money on these dumb hearings, but anything that helps get a D1A playoff in my lifetime is A-OK with me.
    It would have happened without the government input anyways... it only sets a precedent.

    If something like this is allowed now, something slightly more invasive will be attempted next time; and will possibly succeed.

    I had an Egyptian friend that used to say: "Once you let the camel nose in the tent, you end up getting whole animal: toes, humps and spit."

  7. Bean,
    I don't agree. The university presidents and athletic directors are fat dumb and happy with these bowls. They aren't going anywhere IMO.
    I mean, the justification they use as to why they won't do a football playoff is ****ing insane. They say that the students will be out of class too much.

    Oh, really? As if the D-1AA students aren't out of class with their playoff?

    I just don't see a playoff happening with some sort of kick in the pants.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Bean,
    I don't agree. The university presidents and athletic directors are fat dumb and happy with these bowls. They aren't going anywhere IMO.
    I mean, the justification they use as to why they won't do a football playoff is ****ing insane. They say that the students will be out of class too much.

    Oh, really? As if the D-1AA students aren't out of class with their playoff?

    I just don't see a playoff happening with some sort of kick in the pants.
    I agree that it would have taken quite a while. Its not so much they are fat and dumb... these bowls are based on tradition. I'm not sure, but there might be a contract with BCS for a couple years or something, too.

    But I think, a few more seasons like the last few (definitely not this season obviously lol) and I think there would be plenty of coaches wanting and actively pursuing a playoff. When the NCAA talks, the "fat dumb and happy" would have to listen Its just that'd it take a while. I dont approve of government getting involved in almost ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY collegiate associations of ANY type unless its to fund research or something like that.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM
  3. HELP: How to tell the diff. between 1T/1AD?
    By Referral in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. (Bobo or anyone): When is the best time to take in fats?
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Log in
Log in