Anyone wanna tell the damn government to stop putting their nose in everything? - AnabolicMinds.com

Anyone wanna tell the damn government to stop putting their nose in everything?

1. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Anyone wanna tell the damn government to stop putting their nose in everything?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5133278

What a bunch of horse****. Damn I know the BCS isnt perfect; but for ****S SAKE... the damn government needs to get its goddamned nose out of places it doesnt belong!

First its the steroid controversy with baseball...
    then its Terrell Owens

now its the BCS...

I think the Legistlative Branch of the government is one of the most corrupt organizations I have EVER seen... this includes moderation of the FDA, Pharmacy lobbyists, big tech companies (see the **** Bellsouth might be planning to do?), and a whole slew of other things.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

i just saw this on the espn ticker. what a joke. it must be a really slow year for politics.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

It's a good thing we have fixed the economy, public schools, health care system, restored peace in the middle east because we can now focus on the corruption of college football
    •   

4. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    It's a good thing we have fixed the economy, public schools, health care system, restored peace in the middle east because we can now focus on the corruption of college football
    I know right! Shiet, since my kids will have social security when they get older and the fact that we have caught sedam and the Osama Binladen, oh yea i forgot, loaned a couple mil. to our school systems, yea sure we can concentrate on the corruption of college football, no prob!US -----> <-----Gov't
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Hey,
    I hate the government and the waste of money on these dumb hearings, but anything that helps get a D1A playoff in my lifetime is A-OK with me.
  6. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Hey,
    I hate the government and the waste of money on these dumb hearings, but anything that helps get a D1A playoff in my lifetime is A-OK with me.
    It would have happened without the government input anyways... it only sets a precedent.

If something like this is allowed now, something slightly more invasive will be attempted next time; and will possibly succeed.

I had an Egyptian friend that used to say: "Once you let the camel nose in the tent, you end up getting whole animal: toes, humps and spit."
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Bean,
    I don't agree. The university presidents and athletic directors are fat dumb and happy with these bowls. They aren't going anywhere IMO.
    I mean, the justification they use as to why they won't do a football playoff is ****ing insane. They say that the students will be out of class too much.

Oh, really? As if the D-1AA students aren't out of class with their playoff?

I just don't see a playoff happening with some sort of kick in the pants.
  8. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Bean,
    I don't agree. The university presidents and athletic directors are fat dumb and happy with these bowls. They aren't going anywhere IMO.
    I mean, the justification they use as to why they won't do a football playoff is ****ing insane. They say that the students will be out of class too much.

Oh, really? As if the D-1AA students aren't out of class with their playoff?

I just don't see a playoff happening with some sort of kick in the pants.
    I agree that it would have taken quite a while. Its not so much they are fat and dumb... these bowls are based on tradition. I'm not sure, but there might be a contract with BCS for a couple years or something, too.

But I think, a few more seasons like the last few (definitely not this season obviously lol) and I think there would be plenty of coaches wanting and actively pursuing a playoff. When the NCAA talks, the "fat dumb and happy" would have to listen Its just that'd it take a while. I dont approve of government getting involved in almost ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY collegiate associations of ANY type unless its to fund research or something like that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 06:46 PM
  3. HELP: How to tell the diff. between 1T/1AD?
    By Referral in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
  4. (Bobo or anyone): When is the best time to take in fats?
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM