Our gov't is sooo stupid!
- 11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
- 11-29-2005, 03:38 PM
I can think of about 1000000 more pressing issues than a spoiled, selfish athlete whose ego has caused the implosiong of two organizations in the past four yrs.
- 11-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Explain to me how one senator bitching about how T.O. was treated and talking about referring the case to an antitrust subcommittee makes the entire government stupid. He was speaking on behalf of himself (it was his own opinion); he was not speaking for or on behalf of the entire United States government.
11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I think MM was trying to say that the gov't has many more things that require sanction and reform than a selfish football player.Originally Posted by jrkarp
11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
I don't understand why they care anyways. I can't really think of any examples where the government gets involved when Joe Schmoe gets fired for being an ******* at work. That's how businesses worked last time I checked, do your job or say goodbye.
11-29-2005, 05:19 PM
And I agree. My point was that the article was about one senator's opinion, not an official government policy or action.
11-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, I understand where you are coming from, but you have to remember that this guy is a senator which is a pretty powerful and recognized position. His opinion carries a lot of weight and it could "pressure" the team to take action. I'm not necessarily agreeing that the government is stupid, but it's really not their place and they should try to stay out of it entirely.
Similar Forum Threads
- By pistonpump in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
- By refrieddreams in forum General ChatReplies: 24Last Post: 03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
- By massmonster in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 4Last Post: 11-29-2005, 03:58 PM
- By massmonster in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-19-2005, 08:13 PM
- By Milo Hobgoblin in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-2003, 12:33 PM