Our gov't is sooo stupid!

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I can think of about 1000000 more pressing issues than a spoiled, selfish athlete whose ego has caused the implosiong of two organizations in the past four yrs.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Explain to me how one senator bitching about how T.O. was treated and talking about referring the case to an antitrust subcommittee makes the entire government stupid. He was speaking on behalf of himself (it was his own opinion); he was not speaking for or on behalf of the entire United States government.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Explain to me how one senator bitching about how T.O. was treated and talking about referring the case to an antitrust subcommittee makes the entire government stupid. He was speaking on behalf of himself (it was his own opinion); he was not speaking for or on behalf of the entire United States government.
I think MM was trying to say that the gov't has many more things that require sanction and reform than a selfish football player.

Cableguyy67

Awards
I don't understand why they care anyways. I can't really think of any examples where the government gets involved when Joe Schmoe gets fired for being an asshole at work. That's how businesses worked last time I checked, do your job or say goodbye.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
And I agree. My point was that the article was about one senator's opinion, not an official government policy or action.

Cableguyy67

Awards
Well, I understand where you are coming from, but you have to remember that this guy is a senator which is a pretty powerful and recognized position. His opinion carries a lot of weight and it could "pressure" the team to take action. I'm not necessarily agreeing that the government is stupid, but it's really not their place and they should try to stay out of it entirely.