Gator Bait......

Brock Landers

Awards
damn......I am impressed with what the gators did to the criminoles........lets hope the Heel's can do to VT what they did to the Canes last year!!!!!!!!

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Yes, we got our ass's beat! I am really not impressed with them this year... ever since thier loss to UVA I lost hope with them! Jeff bowden is a fu*k'n dumb@ss!

z28man

Awards
  • Established
What started out to be a good season for us turned to ****. Atleast we picked up the W against UM early on.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the game!!

Nothing better than beating the Noles. :clap2:

:woohoo:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys must be virgins!:icon_lol:

Congrats on kicking our ass! However, next year...
Hey bro its ok man, you can let it go. Ur seminoles lost. Bro its ok BRO its OK. :rofl:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:rofl: hahhaha nvm , was hard to explain what i was tryin to convey :icon_lol: . None the less im not a virgin and ur seminoles lost. :nutkick:

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You guys must be virgins!:icon_lol:

Congrats on kicking our ass! However, next year...
Next year what? You do realize that the majority of our team (other than offensive line) is returning. Last year it was wait till next year when Rix is gone, this year its 'we're young'. Whats next years excuse going to be?

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The Noles will be marginally better next year. A new QB breaking in will be difficult against Miami in the opening game.
They also loose some on D.

Brock Landers

Awards
JMH - you see that Brohm is out for the Gator Bowl? Good news for us if we make it there.......(god it sounds awful hoping for that)

Also, look at what we have next year......FSU on Labor Day then at Louisville

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Dude,
Forget next year. Did you see '07's schedule on Grassy?
At Oklahoma, FSU, VaTech!

And we probably won't have the new OB back by then.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that the majority of our team (including the entire offensive line minus the center) is returning. Last year when we were anxious to get rid of Ricks, we had no idea our starting QB was going to go down with a drug problem. Who knows if we could have pulled it off with Sexton, all I know is it definetly hurt us. So we get to go with inexperienced, freshman QBs. "Last year it was wait till next year when Rix is gone, this year its 'we're young'. Whats next years excuse going to be?", These are not excuses, these are REASONS we lost the game. Every other year we beat the Gators, you guys had REASONS you lost. We got off to a good start, but when you have as many injuries in as many positions as we had, **** is bound to catch up to you. Who knows if we'll be back in full effect next year, all I know is we will have improved and thats good enough for me.

Next year what? You do realize that the majority of our team (other than offensive line) is returning. Last year it was wait till next year when Rix is gone, this year its 'we're young'. Whats next years excuse going to be?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I know you lose Reid and Hall and Wimberley and Nicholson and a few others on D.
And Leon Washington??

And the aformentioned most of the Oline.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
The Seminoles of Florida State!
F-L-O-R-I-D-A......S-T-A-T-E
FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!!
Woooooooooooooooo!!!!
:woohoo:

Thats right 2005 ACC Champions Bit*hes!!!!
:bow28:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Good job. Now go stink it up again in the Orange Bowl.

See ya on Labor Day 2006.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
I know you lose Reid and Hall and Wimberley and Nicholson and a few others on D.
And Leon Washington??

And the aformentioned most of the Oline.

We do lose Washington, but we've still got Booker for another year. And yes our D is getting chopped up a bit, but theres still plenty of talent left for Mickey Andrews to work with. Our o-line only loses our center. Yah, we'll see you on Labor Day for a repeat. All I got to say is ACC CHAMPS:woohoo:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man,
It's amazing how quickly you Nole fans change your tune after one game.
The Nole Rivals site had a few threads after the Gator debacle talking about how "no way we beat UM next year" (paraphrasing).

Now, it's 2 in a row over UM???

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what each team loses to the NFL draft this off-season. You never know which Canes will surprise all of us and turn pro (ala Hester), and same for the Noles.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Man,
It's amazing how quickly you Nole fans change your tune after one game.
The Nole Rivals site had a few threads after the Gator debacle talking about how "no way we beat UM next year" (paraphrasing).

Now, it's 2 in a row over UM???

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what each team loses to the NFL draft this off-season. You never know which Canes will surprise all of us and turn pro (ala Hester), and same for the Noles.
Well, they finally got their swagger back. They played like they did in the beginning of the season and showed the true potential they posess. After 3 losses in a row ofcourse we fealt like they lost their edge and that we would continue to see more of the same.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Since the Gators crushed FSU by more than 25 points does that mean we get part of your ACC championship?:rofl:

We could go back and forth all day about the difference between making excuses and reasons why who wins what. All I know is that the Gators beat FSU last year in Tally under Ron Zook and this year at the Swamp. :study:

I think the Gators were the best football team in the state this year but I already know nobody here will agree with me.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Since the Gators crushed FSU by more than 25 points does that mean we get part of your ACC championship?:rofl:

We could go back and forth all day about the difference between making excuses and reasons why who wins what. All I know is that the Gators beat FSU last year in Tally under Ron Zook and this year at the Swamp. :study:

I think the Gators were the best football team in the state this year but I already know nobody here will agree with me.
Nope, sorry. Even though we beat them early on, Miami was consistently the best team in the state.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright Die,

You've forced me to bring it out with that state champs bullshit.

That is the last time Florida has beaten Miami.
I was 5 years old at the time.

Until you fucking pussies will consistently schedule us (or luck out and play us in a bowl), you can NEVER EVER claim to be State Champs.
I'm sorry. But no dice.

I respect the hell outta the Noles. They could have ducked UM after the start of the 6 in a row streak (before we left for the ACC of course) but they didn't.
UF and UM play in the 2001 Sugar (Spurrier's last game), a home and home in '02 and '03 and the '05 Peach and they won't sign again. Been reported in quite a few places that they aren't very interested in signing once the 12th game goes into effect in '07.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Until you fucking pussies will consistently schedule us (or luck out and play us in a bowl), you can NEVER EVER claim to be State Champs.
I'm sorry. But no dice.
I don't see how any UM fan can talk about schedules. You guys play in the AC-fuckin-C. FSU, VT and thats it. You play 2games a year. Thats it. 2 games.

I would love more than anything to play UM every year as I can assure you that as a fan of an SEC team, it really doesn't matter if you add one more good team to the schedule.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well, out of conference, we usually have a "top" team every year.
Finished a home and home with the Vols - when they were good.
Played Louisville last year and next year.
Go to Norman in '07 and OU comes back in '08.
Play Ohio Stt. in '09 at the OB then go up there in '10.
Have Texas A&M next year and '07 I think.

We ain't hanging our hat on our conference.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I am irritated because I know if the Canes and Gator play we will come to play.

We don't always do it against mediocre teams.
Alot of the time, I think we'd do better if we went independent again and scheduled only the top 10.

Brock Landers

Awards
I am irritated because I know if the Canes and Gator play we will come to play.

We don't always do it against mediocre teams.
Alot of the time, I think we'd do better if we went independent again and scheduled only the top 10.
Dont Waste your time being mad........FSU and UF have a combined win, yes just one win, in this millenium against us.

And yes it is awful that FSU fans are already talking **** about their lone win. We own them......they know it and we do, end of story. I dont even argue with crap like that.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
And yes it is awful that FSU fans are already talking **** about their lone win. We own them......they know it and we do, end of story. I dont even argue with crap like that.
I didnt say **** about our win against UM and said congrats to UF for beating us so STFU! We are ACC champions so if I brag about it STFU it's true!

Facts:
FSU beat UM
UF beat FSU
FSU beat VT

FSU=ACC Champs
UM is not (didnt play conference game)
UF is not SEC champs (didnt play conference game)
FSU vs PS(#3) Orange Bowl
UM vs LSU (LSU beat UF) Peach Bowl
UF vs Iowa Outback Bowl

BTW I love how you say you "dont argue with crap like that" when you ARE arguing about "crap like that" you hypocrite! Damn dude grow a pair!

Brock Landers

Awards
You want me to grow a pair? Kid, the last time you beat us was back before you figured out what your nuts were for.

Im not arguing.....its the simple truth....we own you.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
You want me to grow a pair? Kid, the last time you beat us was back before you figured out what your nuts were for.

LOL! Kid? "The last time you beat us was back before you figured out what your nuts were for" WOW not only are you immature, a hypocrite, and a cane, you make no sense and have as much debating skill as a 5 yr old! Are you sure you're 27? BTW yes I do want you to grow a pair brock!

One more thing--the only one getting owned here is you!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Fact - the Canes have won 6 of the last 7.

z28man

Awards
  • Established

You can whine and cry all you want about past seasons, I tend to live in the present (season that is), and at present there's not much for UM to say. No ACC Championship title and you lost to the lowly Noles:nutkick: I even gave UM credit for being CONSISTENTLY the best Florida team this year, but UM didnt step up to the plate when it was necessary. We can go back and forth on this all day long, but for now, try to enjoy the loss and the end of the streak.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's funny bro.

I'm gonna pull out pics of all the missed field goals by the Noles. Just to remind you. :hammer:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I'm no fan of the Canes, but I have to give the devil his due.

That's an impressive OOC schedule in this BCS shy age, and what is it? 6 out of 7 ? over the Seminoles, that's Dominance; Large Font -Bold Type - Capital D Ownage. Bowden is an institution, any coach with lesser creds would have been in serious job jeopardy with a rival record like that.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
A similar record against his rival got Cooper canned at OSU*.
So, it's not unheard of.

But, Bowden is not going anywhere, except on his terms.
He brought that program out of the doldrums. He deserves to leave when he wants to, seriously.
But, I prefer keeping Jeff Bowden as offensive coordinator. :thumbsup:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

I will agree actually. If anyone is defending the past 4 years of FSU offense than I don't know what to tell you. Not since Chris Weinke and Anquan Boldin have they been anything special.

FSU has gotta put LakeMountD in right now! The FSU corners totalled 0 ints ALL YEAR!

I think Miami is still has the best talent however. The gators will continue to progress in the Meyer offense. The SEC is just too ridiculous for any one team to run the table right now.

I'm a Gator fan but Georgia would have beat them if Shockley played. I'll admit that.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will agree actually. If anyone is defending the past 4 years of FSU offense than I don't know what to tell you. Not since Chris Weinke and Anquan Boldin have they been anything special.

FSU has gotta put LakeMountD in right now! The FSU corners totalled 0 ints ALL YEAR!

I think Miami is still has the best talent however. The gators will continue to progress in the Meyer offense. The SEC is just too ridiculous for any one team to run the table right now.

I'm a Gator fan but Georgia would have beat them if Shockley played. I'll admit that.
I agree with most of that. Miami does probably have the most talented athletes, but I ended up really liking Meyer and this year's team. I hate to play the IF game, but I just can't see Miami scoring on our defense. I sat and watched my Gators at the Swamp crush the Noles, and I couldn't help but think to myself.."the Canes had trouble against these guys?!?!"

Again, not claiming us to be state champs, I'd just love to see a UM/UF game.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Florida would win against Miami right now. Injuries aside, I think the gators would win at this point. I'm not sure what I think of Meyer's offense.

"Spread Option" for those who don't know.

It's a 'short pass heavy, shotgun west coast option conversative offense' if that makes any sense whatsoever.

maybe Dietying can explain it better.

It requires a mobile quarterback that makes quick decisions and can roll out. The speed in the SEC is second to none. On the corners and up the middle. The D-Line is more athletic than some Big10 linebackers. It's very different than Alex Smith having his way in the Mountain West.

I just hope Meyer can attract the talent that he NEEDS for this operation. This includes a talented unselfish runningback. Meyer also needs to take more shots downfield to keep SEC defenses honest.

The Gators had a good year, we beat all major rivals - but I still feel there are a lot of 'what-ifs'. South Carolina and Alabama made us look pathetic.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Florida would win against Miami right now. Injuries aside, I think the gators would win at this point. I'm not sure what I think of Meyer's offense.

"Spread Option" for those who don't know.

It's a 'short pass heavy, shotgun west coast option conversative offense' if that makes any sense whatsoever.

maybe Dietying can explain it better.

It requires a mobile quarterback that makes quick decisions and can roll out. The speed in the SEC is second to none. On the corners and up the middle. The D-Line is more athletic than some Big10 linebackers. It's very different than Alex Smith having his way in the Mountain West.

I just hope Meyer can attract the talent that he NEEDS for this operation. This includes a talented unselfish runningback. Meyer also needs to take more shots downfield to keep SEC defenses honest.

The Gators had a good year, we beat all major rivals - but I still feel there are a lot of 'what-ifs'. South Carolina and Alabama made us look pathetic.
Chris Leak does not fit this offense well (still not sure what 'type' of QB he is). Our back-up Josh Portis is leaving :sad:. However, Marcus Manson and DeShawn Wynn are both talented backs and make a nice 1-2 combo for next year.

All-in-all I think Meyer's first year went well. We went undefeated at home and beat FSU, GA, and Tennessee:woohoo: . If you'd have told me that would happen in the pre-season I would assume we were going to be playing for a National Championship. Problem is, we sucked on the road.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
where is Portis going?

I wasn't impressed by him. But I thought Brock Berlin was going to be a star.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
where is Portis going?

I wasn't impressed by him. But I thought Brock Berlin was going to be a star.
He doesn't know and as far as I'm concerned hes an idiot. Meyer specifically recruited him to play after Alex Smith, but then brought him to Florida, telling him he would play as a junior when Leak left. What more do you want? I thought he would fit well into Meyer's system, but we'll never know.
Portis leaving

:rofl: When Berlin left for Miami I thought he'd be great. I can't say I blame him though (Ron Zook).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
CED - we will both pimp our schools till we die, but no way Fla. beats UM.

UM comes to play in big games. Mediocre games not so much.
UF would be a big game.

Plus, we have more speed than most SEC defenses. I remember the 5 (or 6) turnovers against LSU.

Brock Landers

Awards
It really does pain me to see what has happened to Leak. I am a Cane first, and a Gator second (Dad went to school there and is a Bull Gator), and to think what a QB like Leak would do in a Spurrier system is scary.

Funny story......Im in Munich for work right now, was in an outdoor christmas shop (served beer so it was cool with me) and I saw a guy wearing a UF sweater. Sober as I was, I went up to him and started screwing around with the ususal "UF is crap"....all that stuff.....and he looked at me with a who the f*ck is this? look on his face......and just like superman....I opened up my leather jacket to reveal my "It's all about the U" shirt to him in the middle of this German square. Bottom line is that it really is a small world....We bought each other beers and argued over various UF/UM crap. Funny sh*t........