Gator Bait......

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DieTrying
    Since the Gators crushed FSU by more than 25 points does that mean we get part of your ACC championship?

We could go back and forth all day about the difference between making excuses and reasons why who wins what. All I know is that the Gators beat FSU last year in Tally under Ron Zook and this year at the Swamp.

I think the Gators were the best football team in the state this year but I already know nobody here will agree with me.
    I will agree actually. If anyone is defending the past 4 years of FSU offense than I don't know what to tell you. Not since Chris Weinke and Anquan Boldin have they been anything special.

FSU has gotta put LakeMountD in right now! The FSU corners totalled 0 ints ALL YEAR!

I think Miami is still has the best talent however. The gators will continue to progress in the Meyer offense. The SEC is just too ridiculous for any one team to run the table right now.

I'm a Gator fan but Georgia would have beat them if Shockley played. I'll admit that.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.78%

Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    I will agree actually. If anyone is defending the past 4 years of FSU offense than I don't know what to tell you. Not since Chris Weinke and Anquan Boldin have they been anything special.

FSU has gotta put LakeMountD in right now! The FSU corners totalled 0 ints ALL YEAR!

I think Miami is still has the best talent however. The gators will continue to progress in the Meyer offense. The SEC is just too ridiculous for any one team to run the table right now.

I'm a Gator fan but Georgia would have beat them if Shockley played. I'll admit that.
    I agree with most of that. Miami does probably have the most talented athletes, but I ended up really liking Meyer and this year's team. I hate to play the IF game, but I just can't see Miami scoring on our defense. I sat and watched my Gators at the Swamp crush the Noles, and I couldn't help but think to myself.."the Canes had trouble against these guys?!?!"

Again, not claiming us to be state champs, I'd just love to see a UM/UF game.
  3. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%

Florida would win against Miami right now. Injuries aside, I think the gators would win at this point. I'm not sure what I think of Meyer's offense.

"Spread Option" for those who don't know.

It's a 'short pass heavy, shotgun west coast option conversative offense' if that makes any sense whatsoever.

maybe Dietying can explain it better.

It requires a mobile quarterback that makes quick decisions and can roll out. The speed in the SEC is second to none. On the corners and up the middle. The D-Line is more athletic than some Big10 linebackers. It's very different than Alex Smith having his way in the Mountain West.

I just hope Meyer can attract the talent that he NEEDS for this operation. This includes a talented unselfish runningback. Meyer also needs to take more shots downfield to keep SEC defenses honest.

The Gators had a good year, we beat all major *****s - but I still feel there are a lot of 'what-ifs'. South Carolina and Alabama made us look pathetic.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.78%

Florida would win against Miami right now. Injuries aside, I think the gators would win at this point. I'm not sure what I think of Meyer's offense.

"Spread Option" for those who don't know.

It's a 'short pass heavy, shotgun west coast option conversative offense' if that makes any sense whatsoever.

maybe Dietying can explain it better.

It requires a mobile quarterback that makes quick decisions and can roll out. The speed in the SEC is second to none. On the corners and up the middle. The D-Line is more athletic than some Big10 linebackers. It's very different than Alex Smith having his way in the Mountain West.

I just hope Meyer can attract the talent that he NEEDS for this operation. This includes a talented unselfish runningback. Meyer also needs to take more shots downfield to keep SEC defenses honest.

The Gators had a good year, we beat all major *****s - but I still feel there are a lot of 'what-ifs'. South Carolina and Alabama made us look pathetic.
    Chris Leak does not fit this offense well (still not sure what 'type' of QB he is). Our back-up Josh Portis is leaving . However, Marcus Manson and DeShawn Wynn are both talented backs and make a nice 1-2 combo for next year.

All-in-all I think Meyer's first year went well. We went undefeated at home and beat FSU, GA, and Tennessee . If you'd have told me that would happen in the pre-season I would assume we were going to be playing for a National Championship. Problem is, we sucked on the road.
  5. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%

where is Portis going?

I wasn't impressed by him. But I thought Brock Berlin was going to be a star.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.78%

where is Portis going?

I wasn't impressed by him. But I thought Brock Berlin was going to be a star.
    He doesn't know and as far as I'm concerned hes an idiot. Meyer specifically recruited him to play after Alex Smith, but then brought him to Florida, telling him he would play as a junior when Leak left. What more do you want? I thought he would fit well into Meyer's system, but we'll never know.
    Portis leaving

When Berlin left for Miami I thought he'd be great. I can't say I blame him though (Ron Zook).
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.36%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

CED - we will both pimp our schools till we die, but no way Fla. beats UM.

UM comes to play in big games. Mediocre games not so much.
    UF would be a big game.

Plus, we have more speed than most SEC defenses. I remember the 5 (or 6) turnovers against LSU.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.59%

It really does pain me to see what has happened to Leak. I am a Cane first, and a Gator second (Dad went to school there and is a Bull Gator), and to think what a QB like Leak would do in a Spurrier system is scary.

Funny story......Im in Munich for work right now, was in an outdoor christmas shop (served beer so it was cool with me) and I saw a guy wearing a UF sweater. Sober as I was, I went up to him and started screwing around with the ususal "UF is crap"....all that stuff.....and he looked at me with a who the f*ck is this? look on his face......and just like superman....I opened up my leather jacket to reveal my "It's all about the U" shirt to him in the middle of this German square. Bottom line is that it really is a small world....We bought each other beers and argued over various UF/UM crap. Funny sh*t........

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gator Fans...
    By Kris4153 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 09:18 AM
  2. 10 More jokes- from a Gator fan
    By DieTrying in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 10:21 PM
  4. Gator Offseason