Best player in the NBA? Right now.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Best single player, team-player relationship doesn't matter...

my vote: Allen Iverson
2nd: Lebron James

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'd say Lebron. Iverson's fg% is never good, he turns it over a lot and does'nt seem to make others around him better.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Iverson has become much better at distrubuting the ball. His assists were way up last year even though his teammates often miss open shots. Still Lebron James and Kevin Garnett are the best. The are just too complete and Iverson can never match them on rebounding ability.

esko71

Awards
for just this year if i could pick one player on my team it'd prolly be kevin garnett, if its for a few years though definitely lebron that kids got unlimited potential.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
im a huge fan of d wade. granted he doesnt carry his team ala lebron but his numbers are all up, scoring, assists and rebounds. and he can only get better once the big man returns. wade and lebron are from a different planet. i still cant believe james is only what? 19? makes me feel like a failure in life and im 23! lol

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
u post that King James!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I dont know who the best is but the most over rated is Kobe Bryant.

He basically ran shaq out of LA and what has he done on his own? Nothing.

Like my friend ryan once said-

"I'd rather have a 7 footer thats gonna get a lot of points and rebounds then a guy whos unpredictable and who is gonna hit a girl raw after the game." :toofunny:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Most improved - Yao Ming, in a few years he'll be very very dominant.

Most underrated: Chauncey Billups, no doubt

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Most improved - Yao Ming, in a few years he'll be very very dominant.
You think? I still don't see it. He still fails to take it to the hoop strong and finish with authority. He doesn't seem to command the low post and since he is also slow he is NOT someone to be feared. Not like Shaq and not like Akeem Olajuwon used to be.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
he has his moments, I watched him play this year and he was much better (though the Rockets are a mess) - but in the 2nd half he returned to his former self which tries to finese and take charges.
ridiculous when a 7-0 285 guy tries to flop

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I vote
1. L. James
2. T. Duncan
3. K.G

I think Yao is a damn good player but he needs to take a summer off and just build himself up, he plays every summer for the Chinese nat team. Also, sweetest pullup stroke Michael Redd, that guy has got some skills.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter {maybe}
Shaq
Chris Webber
Tyson Chandler {Hey, I had to name someone from the Bulls}

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ben gordon baby, thats the guy who is going to be a player in chi-town

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns) - 19 pts per game - 50+% from the field - almost 13 rebounds per game (3rd in NBA) - 2 steals & 2 blocks per game.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
shawn marion is fantasy NBA money, he used to be my avatar
his performance in the playoffs was a disgrace at best though

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
small-Iverson
medium-bryant,james
large-amare stadamire,garnett,duncan
x-large-the daddy

these guys all play even better with the game on the line
amare may be an all time great in a few years.

Prometabolix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Steve Nash. takes good shots, pushest the ball up the court everytime, and can pass the **** out of the ball.

Oh yeah, can score and make his teammates look brilliant.

doesn't anyone remember he was MVP last year?

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Most underrated: Chauncey Billups, no doubt
you got that right..

Prince too.

best right now though, I'd have to say Labron. Not crazy about him, but damn, the kids got stupid skillz..

quickryde - Chris Weber?? Don't get me wrong, he's solid.. But not the best. Always been a fan of his since the Detroit Country Day days.. When I lived up there, I cought a few of his HS games. Dude was unreal back then..

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Steve Nash. takes good shots, pushest the ball up the court everytime, and can pass the **** out of the ball.

Oh yeah, can score and make his teammates look brilliant.

doesn't anyone remember he was MVP last year?
Yes I do agree. Just look what he is doing for that new Phoenix team (Amare Stoudamire out, Joe Johnson and Q. Richardson traded). As of today Phoenix has a better record than all the Eastern Conference teams except Detroit. THAT INCLUDES CLEVELAND! Only 4 teams with better records in the West.

Steve is the NBA assist leader at 10.5 per game. His 18 points per game ain't bad either.

Named player of the week for the West Nov. 21-27

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
right now, Elton Brand might be the best player. I mean since the season started.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
elton brand/steve nash/iverson/Lebron
KG is close behind

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Kobe Bryant.

And before anybody starts stating that he was taking too many shots, no, that's not true. He was taking the shots until his team started figuring out the offense. The past 6 or 7 games Kobe has been absolutely sensational. He's perhaps one of the best passers in the league and it's shown lately. He's one of the best shooters in the league and that's shown. He's also a dominating defender that can lock any guard down.

His new, slimmed-down look has made him very hard to guard, ultra-quick, and he can run forever.

By the end of the year, Kobe will be right up there for MVP consideration, and the Lakers will really be surprising people, mark my words.

Others? Lebron, KG, and of course, Tim Duncan. Duncan, though he doesn't put up the stats that KG does, probably is more valuable because he opens the floor up more than KG does. He's the best low-post player in the game, and you can't guard him with one player like you an KG. Oh... Shaq... sigh....

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I'd say LJ, but free-throws are killing him lately (see the Pacers game...actually air balled one, but they still won).

I say best player in league is Steve Nash. He can run, pass, shoot, and is a leader.

Most underrated= Kirk Hinrich

Most Overrated= Kevin Garnett

BrutusBuckGuy

Awards
1st - Lebron (Cleveland)

2nd - Dwayne Wade (Miami)

Brock Landers

Awards
D Wade - keeps getting better and better every year

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
D Wade - keeps getting better and better every year

Bump to that... everyone is sleeping on Dwade and I don't know what for. The man is going to the top along with the Miami Heat. I'd take him over anyone in the game right now. Bump for dwade!!!

Also, none of the posts have mentioned TMAC. Tmac is the man as well. Wade is my first pic and Tmac is my second.:thumbsup:

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Wade isn't even close to the player Kobe is. Kobe's the best, everybody else is second. I don't even want to hear that he's playing selfish... blah blah... if you don't watch the Lakers you can't say that. It's simply amazing that their record is where it is. They have nothing but Kobe and he's simply able to keep them afloat.

If Kobe had the team that Wade or Lebron had, there'd be no comparison. The degree of difficulty in the shots he takes compared to everyone else takes is off the chart.

Anyway, my vote is for Kobe... that's obvious :) He's grown up so much in the past 2 years.... both his game and himself.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Wade isn't even close to the player Kobe is. Kobe's the best, everybody else is second. I don't even want to hear that he's playing selfish... blah blah... if you don't watch the Lakers you can't say that. It's simply amazing that their record is where it is. They have nothing but Kobe and he's simply able to keep them afloat.

If Kobe had the team that Wade or Lebron had, there'd be no comparison. The degree of difficulty in the shots he takes compared to everyone else takes is off the chart.

Anyway, my vote is for Kobe... that's obvious :) He's grown up so much in the past 2 years.... both his game and himself.

Because he takes the majority of the lakers's shots, doesn't make him the best(I.E. game tonight he took 22 shots and had 24 points)... Since he got rid of shaq, how far has he gotten without him?

Last edited:

Prometabolix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Steve Nash, did you all forget...When in the lineup they win, when he's out they are a .500 team.

He is the best "player" .

My favorite player as far as making big shots and in the clutch is Kobe. Whether he is a prick or not, I don't care. How can anyone say he is overrated? In what way? He has 3 rings. And down the stretch of huge games with the lakers he , not shaq, got the ball.

For the future it is def. Lebron.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Shaq? Uh, you forget the Lakers had 9 NEW players last year and 8 this year... it's not just the loss of Shaq it's overall talent.

Because he takes the majority of the lakers's shots, doesn't make him the best(I.E. game tonight he took 22 shots and had 24 points)... Since he got rid of shaq, how far has he gotten without him?

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Without a doubt, Tim Duncan has the most pure talent in the game. He has the best fundamentals of any player since Magic.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt, Tim Duncan has the most pure talent in the game. He has the best fundamentals of any player since Magic.

Whines too much for me. But yeah he is a good player.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
larry bird.............wait, what year is it? JK

I would have to say Lebron. If he can stay healthy and learn to utilize the other people around him better.........look out!

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Kobe, LeBron, Nash, AI are all up there.

If I had to one player to build a franchise around though, I'd take Shaq.

Watch out for Dwight Howard in a year, he's becoming pretty dominant.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I gotta go with Ivy. Best little man to ever play the game. He has actually elevated his game these last two years. He made a believer out of me.

problemman

Awards
physically Lebron has the most tools, in terms of getting his team wins right now and the synergy he creates Nash is the MVP

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
I wonder why no one has voted for Dirk. Averages 25pts a game... nice solid game.