Poll: What to do with him?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

To T.O. or not to T.O.

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CDONDICI
    I will and I will not feel one bit bad when whatever team T.O. is on next year pisses all over andy and donavann along with the rest of the nfl. And when we dont get to a superbowl ever again.

I understand how ppl that arent from around here think like this, but EEman arent you from around here? Do u ever listen to wip? Do you want the eagles to win?
    They will win. 3 positions need to be addressed and they will. Hasn`t Reid shown you anything?

Once you come down off the TO thing you`ll see...

2. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Few things... the arbitration hearing was about the date in TOs contract being different than the CBA. If the NFL gave rights to Eagles why give Balt. a draft pick? Or were the teams told to make it work. No decision was made, settled first. The hearing only came about after Balt. told TO no new contract.

The Eagles were given the right to negociate with TO while working a trade with SF. Contract was done, at least that was the word. Balt. comes in and gets him because the Eagles were playing hardball with the Niners over a draft pick.

Its a debate that his ankle was still broken or healed. The screws and plate were still there and it was expected he would snap them but didn`t. IIRC 2 more weeks(from SB) and the Doc was to pull the screws and plate.

TO wasn`t the best player or Wideout that night! He(Best Player) got to hold the Lombardi and took home the MVP.

However TOs play was the stuff of legend. Now he is in a class with Richie Allen and Eric Linlost(Lindros)
    around here.

I only wish they would have lost to GB. Here hoping!

Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa: This former high school quarterback has developed into one of the best defensive players in the country while at Iowa. At 6-4, 239 pounds, he is relentless in his pursuit of the ball. Very fast, with playmaking ability

Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State (Jr.): At 6-7, 285 pounds, he has outstanding speed off the edge. Has been a starter since he stepped on campus as a freshman. He could be higher on this list with a great junior season

A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State: LB out of Ohio State. 6'2" 235 pounds, he has the size and speed teams like. . Very fast, intelligent LB, with playmaking ability. Possibly the years best defensive playmaker. He's one of those players who seems to be everywhere when you watch him play

Ahmad Brooks, LB, Virginia (Jr.): LB out of Virginia. 6'4" 260 pounds. Couldn't design a better looking LB. Fearless. Vicious. Fast and highly athletic. Has the potential to be one of the greats some day. He's a tackling machine for the Cavaliers, but he does have some off-field issues that worry scouts.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College: DE out of Boston College 6'7"-6'8" 260 pounds. Regarded as the best pure pass rusher in the country last season. Came back for his senior year and expected to be even better. Physical freak who runs a 4.6 40. We know teams are desperate for pass rushers, which will make this speed rusher a potential top five pick

Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon (Jr.): At 6-5, 345, he has the powerful build to be a run-stuffer on the next level. He also has some quickness to collapse the pocket.

Oh the rewards of incompetence!
    Wow, I almost forgot to give you the props for the Dick Allen reference.He was a little before my time.I remember just the mention of his name would rile people up.I could almost smell the hate.I guess 1960's Philly was not ready for an outspoken big scary black guy.I think you are dead on in the comparison of Allen and Owens. Atleast in asmuch as the media presented them both as being poison to their teams and the city.People say nobody ever hit the ball harder than Dick Allen. He too was a physical freak.( 6'4" 230lbs baseball player in the 1960's was a freak! ) Statistically he compares favorably with the all-time greats. Apparently he didn't give a **** about what people thought and didn't mind telling them.He called the city the team and the league all racist.After he left it took the Phillies 10 years to recover.
  3. New Member
    Answers

They will win. 3 positions need to be addressed and they will. Hasn`t Reid shown you anything?

Once you come down off the TO thing you`ll see...
    they need a little more than 3 positions

O line
    D line
    line backer
    WR
    punt/kick return
    backup qb
    TE
    RB

The eagles have tons of problems...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    Wow, I almost forgot to give you the props for the Dick Allen reference.He was a little before my time.I remember just the mention of his name would rile people up.I could almost smell the hate.I guess 1960's Philly was not ready for an outspoken big scary black guy.I think you are dead on in the comparison of Allen and Owens. Atleast in asmuch as the media presented them both as being poison to their teams and the city.People say nobody ever hit the ball harder than Dick Allen. He too was a physical freak.( 6'4" 230lbs baseball player in the 1960's was a freak! ) Statistically he compares favorably with the all-time greats. Apparently he didn't give a **** about what people thought and didn't mind telling them.He called the city the team and the league all racist.After he left it took the Phillies 10 years to recover.
    Allen was before me too! My neighbor who is 89 and the biggest Phillies fan I know has told me about him.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CDONDICI
    they need a little more than 3 positions

O line
    D line
    line backer
    WR
    punt/kick return
    backup qb
    TE
    RB

The eagles have tons of problems...
    Loosing does that to Sports Radio and the Newspapers. Catastrophizing* is the term I use.

*"Catastrophizing" is what happens when you think that the worst possible outcome will happen when anticipating danger or difficulty, especially in circumstances where this is actually very unlikely.
  6. New Member
    Answers

It`s funny you mention this... we had a thread awhile ago about TO. I mentioned something that was reported. Paul Domovitch (spell?)
    writes for one of the locals about the Eagles. He went back and ran through the whole SB tape. While on The Angelo Cataldi tv show, not radio, he showed the tape where McNabb fumbles the snap
    and falls on it near the TIRED-THROWING UP-OUT OF BREATH TOOK place. It showed Mc on the ground back to the D. And Bruschi(NOT an indcitment, clean play, **** happens) tackles Mc and his knee is driven into McNabbs kindey region.
    Then McNabb gets up and stumbles to
    huddle. Hmm... take a shot to the kidney and you will appear to be choking-out of breath or maybe throwing up.
    D. Mcnabb would never say this out loud... man doesn`t talk **** or give excuses. Takes after his coach. Everyone did see the Farve-Reid-Holmgren piece on Monday night didn`t they?

No one ever says that TO could have been infering to Pinkston. He did leave with cramps/dehydration in the second half.
    EE......

I admit you piqued my curiousity so I went back to check it out. I think the play you're talking about happened with 3:28 to go in the fourth. And in fact, several Patriots players collapsed the pocket and as the whole gang was going down on and around Donovan, Ted Bruschi was the last one to make contact. As you pointed out, Bruschi didn't intentionally throw a knee, but you're right in that he might have taken one anyway. As they went down, Bruschi basically tripped over McNabb but one leg/knee did appear to land on McNabb's back.

When the pile cleared, and McNabb walked back to the huddle, he reminded me of a boxer who was spent. He was very unsteady and breathing heavily through his mouth, etc. And immediately following the next play, Donovan appeared to cough twice, and I mean violently. Either that or he was throwing up, his upper body moved that much. Unfortunately the network camera immediately moved away to something else so I couldn't really tell what happened next. If 3 or 4 250-300 pound guys fall on a QB.............?

Was that "the" play? Was that one of several, or many? It's hard to tell because after a QB throws the camera follows the ball and we don't see. Several minutes earlier Jarvis Green broke through and put a wicked lick on him as well.

The Eagle's are not my "team". But I admire and respect them. Donovan McNab has also earned my admiration and respect. When people get into talking superlatives about who's the best, it's all subjective as far as I'm concerned. Ask different coaches and they'll even give you different answers. But any objective conversation about top QB's in the league right now has to include him. And the one thing I can't imagine anyone questioning at this point is Donovan McNabb's heart.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To taper T3 or not to taper T3
    By da_tank55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 12:35 AM
  2. To work out or not to work out? That is the question!
    By tallbikerguy in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:11 PM
  3. to colon cleanse or not to colon cleanse?
    By livebono in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 10:20 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 10:12 AM
  5. To ski-slope or not to ski-slope?
    By BigVrunga in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 09:53 PM