Poll: What to do with him?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

To T.O. or not to T.O.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User

I dont think everyone truely understands what has happend here.

It all started when t.o. was first hurt, Mcnabb in a pissy fit of JELOUSY, after being asked if he thinks the eagles will win in the playoffs without t.o. said he was sick of all the t.o. crap, we can win without him.

Now after that most PROFESSIONAL comment, of course, like anyone would be t.o. was ofended.

Then Donnavan being the PROFESSIONAL athlete that he is becam "tired" in the superbowl and arguably, along with the outstanding time managment skills of PROFESSIONAL Head Coahc Andy Reid, cost them the game.

T.O. was then interveiwed atfter the superbowl, still offended by donavans comment, and discouraged further after his mcnabbs subpar performance in the sb, was asked something about donnavan and said, "I wasn't the one who got tired in the superbowl."

So was basically a feud between the two fueled by donavanns jelousy. "we can win without him" Yea they did, but barely, I dont know if you remmeber thoise games but the eagles did not deserve to win those games. and you see the performance witout t.o. this year(the only win was against a pitiful GB team and only by 3pts or so)

So IMO donavann is the real cancer and as T.O. stated we would be better of with someone like Brett Farve as QB.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CDONDICI

It all started when t.o. was first hurt, Mcnabb in a pissy fit of JELOUSY, after being asked if he thinks the eagles will win in the playoffs without t.o. said he was sick of all the t.o. crap, we can win without him.

Now after that most PROFESSIONAL comment, of course, like anyone would be t.o. was ofended.

Then Donnavan being the PROFESSIONAL athlete that he is becam "tired" in the superbowl and arguably, along with the outstanding time managment skills of PROFESSIONAL Head Coahc Andy Reid, cost them the game.

T.O. was then interveiwed atfter the superbowl, still offended by donavans comment, and discouraged further after his mcnabbs subpar performance in the sb, was asked something about donnavan and said, "I wasn't the one who got tired in the superbowl."

So was basically a feud between the two fueled by donavanns jelousy. "we can win without him" Yea they did, but barely, I dont know if you remmeber thoise games but the eagles did not deserve to win those games. and you see the performance witout t.o. this year(the only win was against a pitiful GB team and only by 3pts or so)

So IMO donavann is the real cancer and as T.O. stated we would be better of with someone like Brett Farve as QB.
    Well, I guess thats one way of looking at it. But then how come almost everybody thats interviewed, within the league, says that they DO NOT want TO on their team? He has a history of pulling this crap. He did almost the same thing in San Fran.. And at that time only Philly really wanted him. Now with him burning the Philly bridge, how many teams will want him now? And if a team does pick him up its only going to be for a short 1-2 yr deal for next to no money. Some experts say that if this happens TO will get the league min. in salary.
  3. Gold Member

Hey TO is that you? Will you stop posting in our forum please...
    •   

4. Gold Member

WRONG! McNabb was asked "HOW are the Eagles going to get to the SB without TO" for the umteenth time...
    and how would you have him respond?
  5. Gold Member

I dont think everyone truely understands what has happend here

WRONG!
    This comment was in April after TO demanded more money and was told NO!

"In April, Owens said, "(I) wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," in an obvious reference to quarterback Donovan McNabb, whose late-game management in Super Bowl XXXIX drew criticism."
  6. Gold Member

Owens told the Miami Herald, "At the end of the day, I don't have to worry about what people think of me, whether they hate me or not. People hated on Jesus. They threw stones at him and tried to kill him, so how can I complain or worry about what people think?"
    Ummm... yea...
  7. Gold Member

The full text of five letters from Reid to Owens is included in Bloch's ruling. The first is that July 26 correspondence, which Reid thought necessary in light of what he called ''angry and threatening statements'' Owens had made in telephone conversations before camp. Owens, Reid wrote, ''repeatedly threatened to do things in a manner that would be destructive to both the Philadelphia Eagles and your own career'' and ''specifically told me that you had no intention of coming into training camp and trying your best while you feel you are underpaid.''
  8. Gold Member

Owens skipped a mandatory team mini-camp in late April and, shortly thereafter, announced his appearance at the pre-season training camp on a “satisfactory” re-negotiation of the contract.[7] Rosenhaus and Owens were unequivocal in letting the team know that Owens’ happiness was tied toward renegotiating the contract. Coach Andy Reid testified as to their communications to him:
    A. [Drew and Terrell said]… that things weren’t going to be pretty if he did come to camp. Somewhere in there, you know, T.O. mentioned that he knew how I was wired and the discipline that I asked of the Players, and that I wouldn’t be happy with what I saw. [8]
  9. Gold Member

Dear Terrell:
    When I sent you home on August 10, it was my hope that you could cool off and return with a renewed attitude and focus. I attempted, in a non-provocative way, to give you a chance to start from scratch. Since that time, you have made a spectacle of this situation, continued to criticize teammate and coaches, and made FALSE statements to the media. I am trying hard to work with you and give you the benefit of the doubt; you are making that almost impossible.

Lying about signing a non-existent waiver is certainly not constructive in terms of our relationship, and does not further anyone’s goals. Especially since the reality is that we bent over backwards to make you aware that we were more than willing to share the risk with you.
  10. Gold Member

We also want to make you aware of at least three instances in which you violated team rules. On August 4, 2005, you did not bring your playbook to a team meeting. At a separate meeting, you also refused to open your playbook. On August 5, 2005 you slept through a team meeting. This resulting in the coaching staff having to correct you during practice to make sure you where in the proper position. Finally, on August 5, 2005 you were late to a mandatory treatment session with our trainers. Although collectively these are violations of the team rules, we are not going to fine you for these violations at this time, but you are on notice that further violations of squad rules may result in doubling and tripling of fine amounts for repeat violations, and continued violations thereafter may result in fines and/or suspension for Conduct Detrimental to the Club.
  11. Gold Member
  12. Registered User

Ok the guy thought he deserved a better contract, which he did.
    (T.O had more yards, receptions, and TDs than all the other receivers on the eagles combined by a large margin)

How many players have ever held out from trainging camp?

Brian Westbrook held out this year also, he got a new contract. They basically refused to negotiate one with t.o., maybe bc of drew rosenhouse, but still, hipocritical on the part of the front office, IMO.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    WRONG!
    This comment was in April after TO demanded more money and was told NO!

"In April, Owens said, "(I) wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," in an obvious reference to quarterback Donovan McNabb, whose late-game management in Super Bowl XXXIX drew criticism."
    Last time I checked the SB was before april....
  14. Registered User

WRONG! McNabb was asked "HOW are the Eagles going to get to the SB without TO" for the umteenth time...
    and how would you have him respond?
    I would expect the frachise Qb, professional, and leader of the team, to answer something like:

"We are going to do the best we can with the guys we have."

not

"We can win without him"- obviously said out of jelousy.
  15. Registered User

All I'm saying is McNabb started this whole thing.

And that ppl hate on T.O. bc he is cocky and can back it up.
  16. Gold Member

Funny how you justify TO by saying McNabb should have said.

Or that McNabb should have been professional...

Yes a professional would obvisiously still be upset about an (show me the interview script or its still BULL****)alledged comment that was made 5 MONTHS BEFORE...

Or maybe Trotter was right in saying "Wooo this man holds a grudge like no MAN I`ve ever seen!"
  17. Gold Member

18. Gold Member

Me... I can`t wait for the books to come out
  19. Gold Member

McNabb is jealous of TO because:

(1)TO has the long term contract

(2) TO has the respect of all his peers

(3) TO has the national endorsements

(4) TO has so may SB rings

(5) TO has ????? that McNabb wants
  20. Registered User

(5) TO has ????? that McNabb wants
    More talent than any other player on his team... or anyone that plays his position?

I dont even knwo what your point for arguing is, are you trying to say the eagles will be better off without T.O.?
  21. Gold Member

More talent than any other player on his team... or anyone that plays his position?

I dont even knwo what your point for arguing is, are you trying to say the eagles will be better off without T.O.?

My point? As you were saying it`s McNabbs fault and before that I suppose Garcia and before that Knapps and before that Mariuccis and before that....

Didn`t he badmouth Baltimores QB after they told him "NO NEW CONTRACT." Kyles fault also?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Why is it McNabb's fault ? Is it because he responded to TO's accusations of him being tired in the Super Bowl ? Is it McNabb's fault he did what a team leader should do and demand TO be in training camp ? The thing is, according to TO, everyone is at fault. He blamed the 49ers when he was the one acting like a spoiled punk. It was Jeff Garcia's fault he couldn't catch more passes, never his fault. TO is a great talent and can back up whatever he says but he's a cocky ass punk. You wouldn't hear other great receivers like Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Herman Moore, Michael Irvin blame the coach, QB, offensive coordinator, or the media for every little thing.
  23. Running with the Big Boys

TO stranger than fiction

This story becomes more bizaar by the day.I just read that TO put invitations to a party in the Eagles players lockers.They were designed to look like penalty flags.Owens is certainly not the ideal NFL "approved marketing commodity" type player that McNabb has become.I just don't feel that because Owens has the power to "****" with the system and does, that it makes him a bad person.He is obviously not a classic "team" guy. So what, It has been my experience that on a football team the physically closer to the ball you are the more "character" you have to posses.The linemen have to work as a team and give up their bodies on every play. Wide outs are rarely the leaders on the team. All they have to do is make plays when you need them,alot don't even block. Nobody on the Eagles team was looking to #81 for leadership, just touchdowns. If Owens actions or words hurt anybody, it was because those people allowed the words to bother them.You know if you play, that some guys just say stupid ****. You get used to it and you move on.The only way it becomes a problem is when you lose focus of the goal at hand...winning games.If the Eagles were 7-0 at the time I think Owens would still be playing. McNabb was playing hurt and has earned some slack.Owens is super talented, hyper sensitive freak of nature and needs to be treated as such.
  24. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Why is it McNabb's fault ? Is it because he responded to TO's accusations of him being tired in the Super Bowl ? Is it McNabb's fault he did what a team leader should do and demand TO be in training camp ? The thing is, according to TO, everyone is at fault. He blamed the 49ers when he was the one acting like a spoiled punk. It was Jeff Garcia's fault he couldn't catch more passes, never his fault. TO is a great talent and can back up whatever he says but he's a cocky ass punk. You wouldn't hear other great receivers like Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Herman Moore, Michael Irvin blame the coach, QB, offensive coordinator, or the media for every little thing.

Why do you guys keep mentioning what happend in SF it has nothing to do with this.

The eagles are supposed to be a premier team and organization SF was not going anywhere that is why T.O. WANTED out. He wants to play for the eageles!

If it has anything to do with it, it is that The Eagles new who they were signing, they Knew how Owens would act if he was disrespected. They shouldnt have signed him if they were not going to accomedate him.
  25. Board Supporter

Why do you guys keep mentioning what happend in SF it has nothing to do with this.

The eagles are supposed to be a premere tema and organization SF was not going anywhere that is why T.O. WANTED out. He wants to play for the eageles!

If it has anything to do with it, it is that The Eagles new who they were signing, they Knew how Terrell would act if he was disrespected. They shouldnt have signed him if they were not going to accomedate him.
    Oh please. Cry me a ****ing river.

Do you wanna take your bat and go home so we can't play anymore?

Man! I can only imagine what fairyland looks like. You're painting a good picture of it right now though. lol
  26. Registered User

Two problems for TO:

1. The guy had CHRONIC diarrhea of the mouth and truly believed the media and fans really cared about what he thought anytime someone stuck a microphone in front of him. Sadly, throughout the whole spectacle, media/fans were curious only to watch the freak show aspect of it, wondering what fresh new stupid thing will the guy say today?

2. It appears a lot of the BS boils down to TO's greed in taking any tack, saying anything, and being willing to take on a scorched earth policy in order to posture and renegotiate his contract. He listened to Rosenhaus, went waaaayyy out on a limb and it broke on him. Now he's sitting around with his thumbs up his butt for the rest of the season.

BTW, around the time of the decision, did any of you catch the TO "attitude" clip being shown on the NFL network? TO walking around practice one afternoon, mocking his coaches, trainers and team mates deadpanning crap like "really good play..... great practice man....... really great job....... way to go team". That sealed the deal for me, the whole ordeal was ugly and vulgar. He's been an ass. I imagine he must have laughed himself silly watching the Seahawks humiliate his teamates on last MNF without him. Frankly, I think he got exactly what he deserved.

Still, this is America, the land of second chances. If TO will take a little lesson in humility from all of this, or at least learn to shut his mouth.....someone will give him a chance next season. No one questions his talent or committment to the game. But no one likes a prima donna either. With some attitude adjustment he'll bounce back and help another team become a contender in the playoffs next year.
  27. Registered User

How hard would it have been to just say they will negotiate after the season? Just to keep him happy.

And how hard would it be to put the announcement of the mans 100th TD on the big screen at the linc?

So t.o., again offended lika anyone would be, said something.

(Shaun Alexander Bitched and complained last year when he was not put in to gain like 2 yds or sumthing to break 1000 yds or something like that, noone gave a **** then, but everyone is livid about T.O.)

The eagles got mad and said they do not recogzize individual players. And forced him to apologize to donavann so he would stop crying.

And why if they are such a team oriented organization, Why did they force Terrell to appologize to the TEAM AND DONAVANN?!?!??!? Isnt donnavan part of the team?

If he is, T.O. appologized to the team, so that would include donavan, correct?

But then they go and suspend him after he did what they asked...
  28. Registered User

...................it is that The Eagles new who they were signing, they Knew how Owens would act if he was disrespected. They shouldnt have signed him if they were not going to accomedate him.
    Clearly the Eagles knew TO came with baggage and potential to be disruptive. But there is NO WAY Reid/Lurie would have offered TO a deal had they a crystal ball to gaze into and see this train wreck coming...... no way.

And btw, when they signed him they DID accommodate him. They offered him a deal no one else in the NFL was willing to give him..... then, or now....... or probably at any time again in the future. And that's the part that must just be killing TO right now..... that and having to fork back over some of his signing bonus.
  29. Registered User

How hard would it have been to just say they will negotiate after the season? Just to keep him happy.
    Do you know what a "contract" is? It's an agreement. TO SIGNED his contract when he came to the Eagles. That means he AGREED to the terms contained therein, including $$ when he came through the door. The owner and the coaching staff run the organization. The players do not run the organization. The owners/coaches don't take orders from the players, you have it backwards. Contrast TO's classless ignorant behavior with Westbrook's, or Richard Seymour's of the Patriots. Both quietly and respectfully used their track record to negotiate a better deal, and were successful because they were respectful. TO thought he was such a superstar that he could rub Lurie's/Reid's nose in it. Life doesn't work that way.

And how hard would it be to put the announcement of the mans 100th TD on the big screen at the linc?

So t.o., again offended lika anyone would be, said something.

(Shaun Alexander Bitched and complained last year when he was not put in to gain like 2 yds or sumthing to break 1000 yds or something like that, noone gave a **** then, but everyone is livid about T.O.)

The eagles got mad and said they do not recogzize individual players. And forced him to apologize to donavann so he would stop crying.

You're right about this one, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But by then he had already pissed everyone off.

And why if they are such a team oriented organization, Why did they force Terrell to appologize to the TEAM AND DONAVANN?!?!??!? Isnt donnavan part of the team?

If he is, T.O. appologized to the team, so that would include donavan, correct?

But then they go and suspend him after he did what they asked...
    Because McNabb was playing in a lot of pain, he was completely messed up with several tears/hernias and unspecified problems with his sternum...... and God only knows what else. C'mon, the guy is a WARRIOR for carrying on selflessly for his team like that. And then TO has the balls to say publicly, PUBLICLY, that if Favre was the Eagles QB, they'd be winning. What an idiot!! An absolute braindead ass. McNabb is the QB. He's the leader of the team. OF COURSE TO owed him an apology, and an honest heart felt apology.... not the lamo half baked excuse he proferred.
  30. Registered User

CDONDICI

Gotta be some Italian in you, no?

I think what you're not getting, and the TO didn't get, is that talent is important, but so is attitude and respect. There's no shortage of ego in the NFL. The guys who own the team, who have written the really big check to buy the team and pay the bills don't appreciate a prima donna player with a ****ty attitude airing out all his dirty laundry publicly. The players deserve to be treated respectfully, but so do the owners and coaching staff.

There's a saying in business....... no one cares how much you know until they know how much you care. Attitude is contagious, both good and bad attitude alike. I don't care how good someone is at their job, if they have a ****ty attitude about it they're worse than useless, they're detrimental to your operations.

TO became such a train wreck this season, to the team that took him in and gave him a $49M contract, what else can anyone expect Lurie/Reed to do?! I can't imagine it would be much different with any other team.

And while there may be some instances where the Eagles organization could have handled some things differently, bottom line is it's Lurie's team to run, not TO's.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To taper T3 or not to taper T3
    By da_tank55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 12:35 AM
  2. To work out or not to work out? That is the question!
    By tallbikerguy in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:11 PM
  3. to colon cleanse or not to colon cleanse?
    By livebono in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 10:20 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 10:12 AM
  5. To ski-slope or not to ski-slope?
    By BigVrunga in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 09:53 PM