To T.O. or not to T.O.

What to do with him?

• Total voters
EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I say it`s over time to move on. Anything more is personal and you just step down to his level

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
The Eagles should deal him (I've heard the Broncos, Falcons, and Dolphins might be interested).

With his next team TO should try and be more like his good friend Chad Johnson, who similarly is outspoken and highly talented, but isn't a cancerous malcontent and absolutely hilarious. I loved the cheerleader proposal yesterday.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The longer you wait w/ a cancer, the worse it gets. Too bad (really), the "average person", given TO's talent, would be a great addition to any team. But not TO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I vote for #3. Punish that fool to the fullest extent, maybe he'll actually learn not to be such a pain in the ass.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The Eagles should deal him (I've heard the Broncos, Falcons, and Dolphins might be interested).

With his next team TO should try and be more like his good friend Chad Johnson, who similarly is outspoken and highly talented, but isn't a cancerous malcontent and absolutely hilarious. I loved the cheerleader proposal yesterday.
..wait despite the fact that Owens has more receptions, yards and touchdowns both cumatively as well as by average, not to mention played and won more games including the play offs, which Johnson has never seen. and that every QB that has played a full season with Owens has gone to the pro bowl that same year... You want Owens to be like Johnson? Johnson is like "TO-lite".He plays in a market that has not seen a winning record since the Reagan administration.Let's see how funnyhe is, when he wants TO-like money.Especially if he wants that money in a year when the Bengals are supposed to be a SuperBowl contender....and yes I am a deluded Eagles fan grabbing for straws in this nightmare of a season.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
and after all is said and done everything is upheld and TO is screwed for the rest of the season. never saw it coming

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Good. I hope they deactivate his ass. I know it really doesn't matter at this point, but they don't need him signing with someone in the same division.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Just a post to show the new avatar:lol:
Attached here being my avatar changed.

Attachments

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
This may sound bad but I'll say it anyway:
TO needs a black coach.
He has no respect for anybody but I think guys like Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy (maybe not), Romeo Crannel, Lovie Smith would better relate to him and tell him to shut up (something Reid never did).

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
TO needs a black coach.
He has no respect for anybody but I think guys like Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy (maybe not), Romeo Crannel, Lovie Smith would better relate to him and tell him to shut up (something Reid never did).
You could have a point who knows.

Reid did tell him to shutup! Remember "He told me to shut up, but he ain`t my daddy!" In the training camp suspension interview.

If you want read the entire decision transcript. I did. It reveals as much about Reid as TO. Numerous letters stating specificaly what was done and what was expected. In hindsight maybe it could have been handled better and/or differently but in the end they both lose:sick:

The only way I see is give him what he wants then, now and forevermore. He wasn`t asking for money to be moved. But to have his whole 7 years guarenteed!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
TO needs a black coach.
T.O. don't discriminate, he hates EVERYBODY. He'd probably tell them all to eat **** too. Maybe if Mike Tyson(of 88') was his coach it'd work out. That being said your probably right, he'd still be a pain, but to a lesser extent.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I agree with your statement - he is not a team player.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
im not defending TO at all but if he is stupid enough to not change how he acts on his new team next year then clearly he's a bigger idiot than i ever gave him credit for. there comes a point where he has to realize that nobody is going to take this kind of crap anymore. hopefully he realizes he is way past that point.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
T.O. don't discriminate, he hates EVERYBODY. He'd probably tell them all to eat **** too. Maybe if Mike Tyson(of 88') was his coach it'd work out. That being said your probably right, he'd still be a pain, but to a lesser extent.
LMAO, Iron Mike is probably the only guy who could make it work out.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
You guys are right, team players don't risk their career to play in a superbowl (and still be the best player on the feild with a broken leg wearing green) for their team.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Mcnabb is also right we dont need t.o., did u see the last two monday night football appearences.

We have greg lewis, rutgers alumni, & teamwork!!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Mcnabb is also right we dont need t.o., did u see the last two monday night football appearences.

We have greg lewis, rutgers alumni, & teamwork!!
Fvck TO. I hope nobody pick that shithead up. And I also hope every athlete leaves that loudmouth Drew Rosenhouse (sp?). Those two deserve each other.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea! Bring back MeO... now that Bwes is gone for the year... then we make the playoffs:woohoo: :rasp:

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
T.O. basically said "mcnabb is not that good"

Then after crying about it mcnabb went out, proved him right and then quit on the team.

and T.O. is the bad guy.

Anyone (player, press, fan, coach) who talks **** on T.O. is jelous.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Then after crying about it mcnabb went out, proved him right and then quit on the team.

and T.O. is the bad guy.

What are you? 7 years old?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

and T.O. is the bad guy.

Nope, anyone who talks **** about TO does it because he's been acting like a selfish primadonna. He says he was done wrong because he played hurt in the Super Bowl but I'm sure he's not the only player in the history of the game who has done that. Jerry Rice came back in a similar situation when he tore a ligament in week 1, cme back in week 14, got hurt and missed the rest of the year. He wasn't bitching about the team being unfair to him or not paying him more money for playing hurt. He sucked it up, rehabbed again, showed up for the first day of training camp the following year and played like a real professional does.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
I dont think everyone truely understands what has happend here.

It all started when t.o. was first hurt, Mcnabb in a pissy fit of JELOUSY, after being asked if he thinks the eagles will win in the playoffs without t.o. said he was sick of all the t.o. crap, we can win without him.

Now after that most PROFESSIONAL comment, of course, like anyone would be t.o. was ofended.

Then Donnavan being the PROFESSIONAL athlete that he is becam "tired" in the superbowl and arguably, along with the outstanding time managment skills of PROFESSIONAL Head Coahc Andy Reid, cost them the game.

T.O. was then interveiwed atfter the superbowl, still offended by donavans comment, and discouraged further after his mcnabbs subpar performance in the sb, was asked something about donnavan and said, "I wasn't the one who got tired in the superbowl."

So was basically a feud between the two fueled by donavanns jelousy. "we can win without him" Yea they did, but barely, I dont know if you remmeber thoise games but the eagles did not deserve to win those games. and you see the performance witout t.o. this year(the only win was against a pitiful GB team and only by 3pts or so)

So IMO donavann is the real cancer and as T.O. stated we would be better of with someone like Brett Farve as QB.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established

It all started when t.o. was first hurt, Mcnabb in a pissy fit of JELOUSY, after being asked if he thinks the eagles will win in the playoffs without t.o. said he was sick of all the t.o. crap, we can win without him.

Now after that most PROFESSIONAL comment, of course, like anyone would be t.o. was ofended.

Then Donnavan being the PROFESSIONAL athlete that he is becam "tired" in the superbowl and arguably, along with the outstanding time managment skills of PROFESSIONAL Head Coahc Andy Reid, cost them the game.

T.O. was then interveiwed atfter the superbowl, still offended by donavans comment, and discouraged further after his mcnabbs subpar performance in the sb, was asked something about donnavan and said, "I wasn't the one who got tired in the superbowl."

So was basically a feud between the two fueled by donavanns jelousy. "we can win without him" Yea they did, but barely, I dont know if you remmeber thoise games but the eagles did not deserve to win those games. and you see the performance witout t.o. this year(the only win was against a pitiful GB team and only by 3pts or so)

So IMO donavann is the real cancer and as T.O. stated we would be better of with someone like Brett Farve as QB.
Well, I guess thats one way of looking at it. But then how come almost everybody thats interviewed, within the league, says that they DO NOT want TO on their team? He has a history of pulling this crap. He did almost the same thing in San Fran.. And at that time only Philly really wanted him. Now with him burning the Philly bridge, how many teams will want him now? And if a team does pick him up its only going to be for a short 1-2 yr deal for next to no money. Some experts say that if this happens TO will get the league min. in salary.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established

Hey TO is that you? Will you stop posting in our forum please...

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established

WRONG! McNabb was asked "HOW are the Eagles going to get to the SB without TO" for the umteenth time...
and how would you have him respond?

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I dont think everyone truely understands what has happend here

WRONG!
This comment was in April after TO demanded more money and was told NO!

"In April, Owens said, "(I) wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," in an obvious reference to quarterback Donovan McNabb, whose late-game management in Super Bowl XXXIX drew criticism."

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Owens told the Miami Herald, "At the end of the day, I don't have to worry about what people think of me, whether they hate me or not. People hated on Jesus. They threw stones at him and tried to kill him, so how can I complain or worry about what people think?"
Ummm... yea...:blink:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
The full text of five letters from Reid to Owens is included in Bloch's ruling. The first is that July 26 correspondence, which Reid thought necessary in light of what he called ''angry and threatening statements'' Owens had made in telephone conversations before camp. Owens, Reid wrote, ''repeatedly threatened to do things in a manner that would be destructive to both the Philadelphia Eagles and your own career'' and ''specifically told me that you had no intention of coming into training camp and trying your best while you feel you are underpaid.''
:jaw:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Owens skipped a mandatory team mini-camp in late April and, shortly thereafter, announced his appearance at the pre-season training camp on a “satisfactory” re-negotiation of the contract.[7] Rosenhaus and Owens were unequivocal in letting the team know that Owens’ happiness was tied toward renegotiating the contract. Coach Andy Reid testified as to their communications to him:
A. [Drew and Terrell said]… that things weren’t going to be pretty if he did come to camp. Somewhere in there, you know, T.O. mentioned that he knew how I was wired and the discipline that I asked of the Players, and that I wouldn’t be happy with what I saw. [8]:blink:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Dear Terrell:
When I sent you home on August 10, it was my hope that you could cool off and return with a renewed attitude and focus. I attempted, in a non-provocative way, to give you a chance to start from scratch. Since that time, you have made a spectacle of this situation, continued to criticize teammate and coaches, and made FALSE statements to the media. I am trying hard to work with you and give you the benefit of the doubt; you are making that almost impossible.

Lying about signing a non-existent waiver is certainly not constructive in terms of our relationship, and does not further anyone’s goals. Especially since the reality is that we bent over backwards to make you aware that we were more than willing to share the risk with you.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
We also want to make you aware of at least three instances in which you violated team rules. On August 4, 2005, you did not bring your playbook to a team meeting. At a separate meeting, you also refused to open your playbook. On August 5, 2005 you slept through a team meeting. This resulting in the coaching staff having to correct you during practice to make sure you where in the proper position. Finally, on August 5, 2005 you were late to a mandatory treatment session with our trainers. Although collectively these are violations of the team rules, we are not going to fine you for these violations at this time, but you are on notice that further violations of squad rules may result in doubling and tripling of fine amounts for repeat violations, and continued violations thereafter may result in fines and/or suspension for Conduct Detrimental to the Club.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Ok the guy thought he deserved a better contract, which he did.
(T.O had more yards, receptions, and TDs than all the other receivers on the eagles combined by a large margin)

How many players have ever held out from trainging camp?

Brian Westbrook held out this year also, he got a new contract. They basically refused to negotiate one with t.o., maybe bc of drew rosenhouse, but still, hipocritical on the part of the front office, IMO.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
WRONG!
This comment was in April after TO demanded more money and was told NO!

"In April, Owens said, "(I) wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," in an obvious reference to quarterback Donovan McNabb, whose late-game management in Super Bowl XXXIX drew criticism."
Last time I checked the SB was before april....

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
WRONG! McNabb was asked "HOW are the Eagles going to get to the SB without TO" for the umteenth time...
and how would you have him respond?
I would expect the frachise Qb, professional, and leader of the team, to answer something like:

"We are going to do the best we can with the guys we have."

not

"We can win without him"- obviously said out of jelousy.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
All I'm saying is McNabb started this whole thing.

And that ppl hate on T.O. bc he is cocky and can back it up.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
:rofl: Funny how you justify TO by saying McNabb should have said.

Or that McNabb should have been professional...

Yes a professional would obvisiously still be upset about an (show me the interview script or its still BULLSHIT)alledged comment that was made 5 MONTHS BEFORE...

Or maybe Trotter was right in saying "Wooo this man holds a grudge like no MAN I`ve ever seen!"

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Me... I can`t wait for the books to come out:nutkick:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
McNabb is jealous of TO because:

(1)TO has the long term contract

(2) TO has the respect of all his peers

(3) TO has the national endorsements

(4) TO has so may SB rings

(5) TO has ????? that McNabb wants

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
(5) TO has ????? that McNabb wants
More talent than any other player on his team... or anyone that plays his position?

I dont even knwo what your point for arguing is, are you trying to say the eagles will be better off without T.O.?