• Established
It's 3:17PM, Mountain time, Sunday November 13, 2005,

AND MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS!!!

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
And so it begins

Q: What's the difference between a carp and a Michigan football player?

A: One's a stinky, slimy, low-down, good for nothing, bottom-feeding, ****-eater and the other is a fish.

Little Johnny is from Michigan. One day at the mall shopping for Christmas presents with his family he runs across an Ohio State jersey. He asks his sister for the jersey for Christmas and she promptly slaps him on the head and says go talk to mom. So he finds his mom and asks his mom "Can I please have this Ohio State jersey for Christmas?" she slaps him across the head and says go talk to your father! He goes to his dad and says "Dad, I'd really like this jersey for Christmas!" His father chews him out and says no son of his will ever wear Ohio State anything. So on the way home from the mall Johnny's father looks at him in the rear view mirror and ask, "So have we learned anything today?" Johnny replies, "Yeah. I've only been a Buckeye fan for 2 hours and I already hate you Michigan bastards!"

Q: What do you call a _ichigan cheerleader with two brain cells?
A: Pregnant.

Q: Why doesn't _ichigan have ice on the sidelines during games?
A: The guy with the recipe graduated.

Q: Why do the University of _ichigan grads hang their diplomas from the rearview mirror?
A: So they can park in the handicapped spaces.

Q: Why hasn't Ohio fallen into Kentucky?
A: Because _ichigan sucks.

Q: What is the difference between _ichigan and Cheerios?
A: Cheerios know what to do in a bowl.

Q: What's the difference between _ichigan stadium and a porcupine?
A: The porcupine has over 100,000 pricks on the OUTSIDE.

Q: Why are there no Nativity scenes on the Michigan campus at Christmas?
A: Because they can’t find three wise men and a virgin.

Lloyd Carr, clearly upset about the Michigan Wolverine's loss to the Minnesota, decides to find out from Jim Tressel what his winning secret is. Carr travels to an OSU practice and asks Tressel, "Coach, how is it that your team is so good? What's your secret?" Tressel, trying to be helpful, responds by calling AJ Hawk over and asks him, "AJ, who's your father's brother's nephew? Hawk answers, "Why coach, that's easy. It's me." Tressel turns to Carr and says, "See, that's the secret, Lloyd. Smart Players. You've got to have smart players!"

Thinking he's finally got all the tools he needs, Carr returns to Michigan and the Wolverine workout. He promptly calls over Chad Henne. "Hey, Henne! Who's your father's brother's nephew?" Chad looks perplexed, thinks a bit and says, "Coach, I'll have to get back to you after practice on that, okay?" Carr, disgusted, says okay.

During practice, Henne calls over Mike Hart. "Hey, Mike, Coach just asked me the weirdest question: "Who's your father's brother's nephew?" Hart answers, "Duh! That's pretty simple! It's me!" After practice, Henne catches up with Carr and says, "Hey, Coach, I have the answer to your question! My father's brother's nephew is Mike Hart!" Carr (very angry with Henne) says, "No, No, No! You idiot! It's AJ Hawk!!!"

Q. What's the difference between a bucket of @#%$ and a Michigan fan?

A. The bucket.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
**** bro. You sound like me at the begining of Miam-VaTech week. :aargh:

I'll definately be watching the game. If Notre Dame falls to Stanford (possible), I expect Penn St. to replace them in the Fiesta leaving the Orange to pick OSU* to play Miami (assuming we beat FLA St.).

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
**** bro. You sound like me at the begining of Miam-VaTech week. :aargh:

I'll definately be watching the game. If Notre Dame falls to Stanford (possible), I expect Penn St. to replace them in the Fiesta leaving the Orange to pick OSU* to play Miami (assuming we beat FLA St.).
Hey, it's the biggest rivalry in all of sports, and it is officially Michigan week, what can I say.

Yeah, all of the folks at Bucknuts are prediciting the same thing for bowl games assuming we win this Saturday. Something like: If PSU falls to MSU and ND beats Stanford, it's OSU v ND in the Fiesta. If everyone wins, it's Miami v OSU in the Orange. Those are pretty much the matchups we want starting with a PSU loss, an outright Big 10 title, and another trip to Tempe.

All I care about right now, though, is taking care of our own buisness on Saturday.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
All I care about right now, though, is taking care of our own buisness on Saturday.
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! KEVIN GRADY - REMEMBER THAT NAME!!!!:FUfinger:

No, I'm not going to come at you with all these stats, cuz I don't keep up w/ it that much. I do know that Michigan is hungry & playing @ home!!!!!

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I work nights, so here's what I'm doing this week.

ESPN Classic listings. All times are eastern. Nothing listed for today, but:

Nov 15th
Classic Drive Thru: Michigan at Ohio State (1974) 6-7pm

Nov 16th
Classic Drive Thru: Ohio State at Michigan (1969) 3-4pm
Classic Drive Thru: Ohio State at Michigan (1997) 6-7pm

Nov 17th
Classic Drive Thru: Michigan at Ohio State (1988) 6-7pm

Nov 18th
Classic Drive Thru: Michigan at Ohio State (2002) 6-7pm

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Two University of Michigan fans were walking down the street when they came upon a dog lying on the sidewalk licking and cleaning his groin like dogs do. The first Universityof Michigan fan says to the second, "Boy, I wish I could do that." The second University of Michigan fan replies, "Yeah, me too. But I wouldn't try it." The first University of Michigan fan asks, "Why not?" The second University of Michigan fanreplies, "Because I'm afraid the dog might bite me."

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
That's the difference between Ann Arbor and Columbus, in Ann Arbor that would have to be called the Muck Fichigan Rally. Calling it by it's true name would offend the PC sensibilities of the tenderhearts up there.

The Big House may be America's largest, but there's so many bluehairs and pussified intellectuals in the stands that it's pitifully tame compared to the real rockin' stadiums. The Oval Bowl design also makes it quiet, not much reflected noise.

I have a whitecollar education, but I'm a working class guy. Give me a rowdy bluecollar crowd anytime over that wine and cheese crowd who act like they're watching a play, weak. The student section is better, that's where I try to go. I won't throw iceballs and batteries anywhere because of security but I would like to.

Might be fun to be in one of those English stadium soccer riots, haha....
My brothers & I always thought the same thing. the Wolverine fans are sitting in their plaid jackets w/ their hands under their legs....

you want exciting fans? now that I live in Baton Rouge, I get to go to the LSU games.. Talk about rowdy!!

Oh, and I'm calling in sick on Saturday just to sit at home & watch this game!

watch, with my luck, ABC will have regional coverage & I'll have to watch some no names....:aargh:

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
From what I've heard, everyone but the west coast should get ABC coverage and those who do not should get it on ESPN.

Attachments

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
That's the difference between Ann Arbor and Columbus, in Ann Arbor that would have to be called the Muck Fichigan Rally. Calling it by it's true name would offend the PC sensibilities of the tenderhearts up there.

The Big House may be America's largest, but there's so many bluehairs and pussified intellectuals in the stands that it's pitifully tame compared to the real rockin' stadiums. The Oval Bowl design also makes it quiet, not much reflected noise.

I have a whitecollar education, but I'm a working class guy. Give me a rowdy bluecollar crowd anytime over that wine and cheese crowd who act like they're watching a play, weak. The student section is better, that's where I try to go. I won't throw iceballs and batteries anywhere because of security but I would like to.

Might be fun to be in one of those English stadium soccer riots, haha....
The Shoe has it's fair share of blue-haired alumni who think a football atmosphere should be the same as a golf match. I've heard stories of old folks having people thrown out for standing and whatnot. There's women who bring knitting to the games for crying out loud. I've usually sat in the south stands because A) it's cheaper, and B) we can do what we want as far as standing and being loud.

OSU got its rowdy rap because of the Texas guests. Night games are like that. Day-long festivities have an adverse affect on a crowd. The same is said every year about Whisky, and this year about PSU and LSU. I plan on being in Austin next year because it's in driving distance and barring injury to myself and vandalism to my vehicle, I expect a little rudeness and swearing.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Michigan's AD actually sent a "Please remain seated more" letter out to the season ticket holders this year, and I've heard they have removed people for excess jumpin and hollerin, a pitiful sign of these times. :rasp: :aargh:
that's just downright pathetic....

Anybody know what the tickets are going for on ebay yet? Getting ready to check.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Twenty twenty twenty-four hours to goooo, I wanna be sedated . . . It's almost here! I'm pumped as ****. Anyone else feeling it? I bounce at a bar here in the Springs. All week, anytime I card someone with a Michigan id or if I see someone with scUM gear on, I jump their sh*t. 99% of the time they look at me in shock like "Who is this lunatic and why does he care about my shirt/hat/where I am from?"

Two nights ago, I pointed at a guy's shirt, he's a regular, and said "WTF, man" He thought he did something wrong. After a minute of just pointing at his shirt and saying he couldn't wear that in the bar, someone had to explain to him that I am an Ohio boy. I find it hard to believe that all of these "fans" don't have a clue what I mean when I say "Gonna get your a$$ stomped on Saturday," yet, any Ohio id I check I give an O-H and get an I-O in return.

Like last night. A girl walks in and gives me her Michigan liscense. It gets dropped in the exchange and I say "Damned Michigan people." She looks at me weird and says "What's that supposed to mean." I say I'm a Buckeye fan. Crickets are chirping and I say "Never mind, you don't get it." Then there was an old guy with a block O hat playing poker. He goes to the bar and I walk over and say O-H. He and a younger guy that turns out to be his son give me the appropriate response. The dad came out here from Cleveland to watch The Game with his son. He told me that no matter where his son is, they always watch the game together.

They're gonna love me Saturday night when I show up to work a tad tipsy in Buckeye gear singing the "We don't give a damn for the whole sate of Michigan" song and yelling "Go Bucks" after JT hangs another loss on Lloyd.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
? for the scUM faithful. What traditions does the school have for the game. The two I can think of are 1)lighting the dorms called The Towers where the freshman athletes live a glowing red, and 2)jumping into Mirror Lake the Thursday night before The Game. It starts about 11pm and lasts until about 1am. Mirror Lake is a 3ft lake in the middle of campus in an area called the Oval. It's always cold this time of year and people show up for 2 hours singing songs, some getting naked, people in canoes, some band members show up an play songs. It's frikkin great.

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius:
Today we salute you, Mr. Mirror Lake Jumper-Inner ... Ignoring the obvious dangers of hypothermia, you trudge onward and plunge into a 27 degree body of water in the middle of November. Armed only with an abundance of buckeyes around your neck, you are living proof that nothing is unbearable as long as you have a big set of nuts.

Splashing around tirelessly, you disregard frigid temperatures and try to warm yourself by incessantly chanting "O-H" and "I-O." Why do you do it they ask? Because no matter how cold it is you're not afraid to show a little school spirit and a pure hatred for those bastards from Michigan.

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light oh Legend of the Lake,
because when it comes to the Buckeyes, you're simply NUTS.

Attachments

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Well, we did our best to lose and still won The Game. Carpenter gets hurt on the first defensive play because of an ugly penalty, a true frosh fumbles leading to a score, Michigan forces TS to fumble and scores, Ginn drops two punts, one leading to an 18yard muffed punt which then leads to a scUM score, and then Troy Smith plays the game of his life. I know you guys hate that you lost, but every time these teams meet it should be this close and exciting.

Here's to hoping that LLLLoyd "Cooper" sticks around awhile.

And here's to being Big 10 Champs, not matter what PSU does today! GO BUCKEYES!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Interesting non-call that Gonzalez went out of bounds then was the first person to touch the football.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Interesting non-call that Gonzalez went out of bounds then was the first person to touch the football.
no its not he was forced out! watch the play again closely!
Go Bucks!

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
no its not he was forced out! watch the play again closely!
Go Bucks!
Word.

I will say one thing about sharing the Big 10 title, PSU has the better record and did beat us head/head, so it's bittersweet. I'll be cheering for both PSU and OSU in Jan 06, and the rest of the Big 10 bowlers.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i heard in college the rule is that if you are forced out you can still catch it first - which is different than the NFL.

Anyway, have fun in Tempe.

I'm hoping for an ND loss so that maybe, just maybe we could have a OSU-UM rematch. With PSU playing VTech in the Orange.

But, we'll likely end up in the Gator or Peach. :wtf: