Class of the Titans on MNF

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Is it the same story this year? Some say yes, some say no...

This will be the best MNF game of the year. Don't miss it.

Colts vs Pats @ 9pm EST on ABC

Let's see if the Colts can make it happen :D

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I'm neither a proponent or opponent of either team... but I think, despite all the hype and talk, that the Pats will win this game.

Why?

With a couple of exceptions, Manning does not do well in the 'big' game, whichever game that may be (even back at Tennessee)... especially away.

-and-

The Colts are undefeated, but the number of teams the Colts have beaten this year that presently have a winning record can be counted on one finger. (Jacksonville)

I think the Pats play smart and solid football and their pride will carry them to yet another win over Manning's Colts.

I could be wrong, of course... but that's my pick anyway.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i think indy actually is smart this year and using a ball control offense instead of air out it and rack up the points of the past. with the injury problems the pats have this year and the defense that indy has i believe this is the year they overcome the new england hurdle. but like said above, i have been known to be wrong before.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
That's true. I would say if the Colts are to win this game it will be because The Edge has a good night. The more involved he is in the game, the better the Colt's chances. I also like the Colt's D with Freeny and Washington. Should be a good game. I still stick with my pick.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Most people would say that this is the colts year to beat the pats. With Manning's talent and the patriots secondary it hard not to think it's going to be a blow out. With the patriots secondary in bad shape I am sure manning is salivating. Yet, whenever you think the pats are going to loose they surprise you. I have no idea on this one but I am predicting Starks will give up at least one big play.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Most people would say that this is the colts year to beat the pats. With Manning's talent and the patriots secondary it hard not to think it's going to be a blow out. With the patriots secondary in bad shape I am sure manning is salivating. Yet, whenever you think the pats are going to loose they surprise you. I have no idea on this one but I am predicting Starks will give up at least one big play.
Exactly the way I feel. I know the Indy offense is really wanting to air it out... but the Pats have been very suprising in the past. On paper last year, there was no way that the Pats could stop Manning... but they did.

I'll be looking for short passing at first with runs up the middle to drive the ball down the field... until they come off the scripted plays. Then we may see Manning try to pick the Pats apart in the deeper secondary (15-20yd passes).

Some people say 'The Indy O isnt as good as last year' and I disagree. I think its all about ball control and concealment of their game plan. If they need the high-power offense, they CAN turn it on; they've proven it several times already. Its hard to see what the team can really do when there's very little game tapes of their offense going crazy.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This game is huge for Indy, I think they win a low scoring battle 20-17, this is relatively low scoring for them IMO

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Well, I called it wrong. I honestly thought it would be a close game that the Pats could pull off at home but the Colts were really in control from start. I really didn't think the Pats D was that decimated, but clearly they are struggling. The multiple options and no-huddle look of Indy really showed that.

Congrats to Manning and Co! They might play it down, but this was a big deal to them.

Note: I believe James went over 100 in the game.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Yup! And at the end Flutie kept keeping the game going for some odd reason and Mathis got his sack for the game... AND a fumble recovery. Way to pad the stats on the final seconds of the game hehe. I think James got 102-103 yards. It said something about it being his 70th game with over 100yards?

40 points; and the scary thought, it could have been even higher if not for just a couple of close 3rd down conversions that ended up as field goals instead

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I expected Indy to win but I didn't they'd dominate this game. BTW, did any of you find the Pats onside kick pretty odd. They had closed the gap to 28-14, they were gaining momentum and kicked it onside knowing that if they failed the Colts would have excellent field position and they had been moving the ball at will all game. That call seemed to turn things around.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Wow, I expected Indy to win but I didn't they'd dominate this game. BTW, did any of you find the Pats onside kick pretty odd. They had closed the gap to 28-14, they were gaining momentum and kicked it onside knowing that if they failed the Colts would have excellent field position and they had been moving the ball at will all game. That call seemed to turn things around.
I think the Pats were needing some kind of momentum-turner to change the game. But it obviously didnt work.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. The touchdown WAS a momentum swing. The botched onside kick 'swung' it back to the Colts.

I believe that call was made because the D was getting ripped up and was, at this point, looking very tired from being on the field so much and playing against the no-huddle.

I did not like the call, regardless of outcome. They should have kicked it away and come up with a stop. If they could.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
BTW, did any of you find the Pats onside kick pretty odd. They had closed the gap to 28-14, they were gaining momentum and kicked it onside knowing that if they failed the Colts would have excellent field position and they had been moving the ball at will all game. That call seemed to turn things around.
Yeah it was odd but I think Bill's thinking on it was the defense can't stop the colts and they would just eat up the clock and score another touch down any way. It was probably too early in the game to make that call but unfortunately the pats have no defense this year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it was odd but I think Bill's thinking on it was the defense can't stop the colts and they would just eat up the clock and score another touch down any way. It was probably too early in the game to make that call but unfortunately the pats have no defense this year.
Definitely too early to try at that point, that's the sort of thing you do when you need to IMO, or if the game is so ridiculously out of hand that you need miracles.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Definitely too early to try at that point, that's the sort of thing you do when you need to IMO, or if the game is so ridiculously out of hand that you need miracles.
I was really surprised they made the call especially with that much time left on the clock. I think the injuries and loss of the O and D coordinators has finally caught up with them. They can win the division but when the play offs come this is just going to happen again. You can't go to the playoffs with out a defense. It looks like it's the colts or Steelers year to go to the bowl.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
the division is a toss up between the pats or fins. we play the pats next week and really the only reason why i think we may not win is because saban for some reason still chooses to use fererotte as the starter other than that we statistically dominate the pats in almost every area.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
the division is a toss up between the pats or fins. we play the pats next week and really the only reason why i think we may not win is because saban for some reason still chooses to use fererotte as the starter other than that we statistically dominate the pats in almost every area.
Who else would they use? They didn't pick up a QB did they?That was one thing that surprised me about the fins that they didn't pick up a qb in the off season. Feely was horrible.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
Who else would they use? They didn't pick up a QB did they?That was one thing that surprised me about the fins that they didn't pick up a qb in the off season. Feely was horrible.
well at the time we need a good rb more than anything if i was the head coach i would have scooped up ronnie asap too the kid is gonna be incredible. fereotte is a awsome backup but thats it he doesnt have starter material. im really curious to see what rosenfels can do the guy need a chance to see what he can do. honestly i hope we dont win another game for the rest of the season so we can get vick or leinart.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Here we go again!!! Watching the countdown on ESPN... I think the line Schottenheimer made about LT was wrong... LT might possibly be the best running back he's seen... but he's NOT better than Jim Brown...

Anyway... Steelers at Colts in 45min!!! Wooooooooooo!

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
oooh boy, those Steelers DBs were talking some mad **** on this game; and they got burned bad...
they drew a lot of personal fouls tho; i think the colts had like 4 or 5 and there were several scuffles...
I guess the 'hard and physical' Steeler's defense doesnt like it when they get taken apart (especially on the first Colts' offensive play with an 80yd TD reception) :icon_lol:

All bow down to the 11-0 Colts:bow28: