USC (1) @ Notre Dame (9)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Who's giving Notre Dame a chance?

If USC loses, Bush and Leinart deserve no heisman consideration. This game and UCLA are the only real games Southern Cal has. The PAC-10 is barely above the WAC.

with that said,

USC 42
ND 17

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
USC 41
Notre Dame 21

All the rallies in the world won't matter, USC is too damn good for the Irish. BTW, Cal is the other tough team in USC's schedule, not just UCLA ;)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Someone else chime in!

and btw... Laurence Maroney should win the Heisman.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Of course USC will win. I got USC winning by at least 2 TD's. BTW, Tejas is a good team. That's who they will be playing at the Rose Bowl for the National Championship this year.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
all i know is if you give charlie wies 2 weeks to prepare for a team good things usually happen... and the pac 10 is the most over rated conference in america. irish by 10

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Close, close game. I was chompin' at the bit the entire time. Somehow, someway the Trojans pulled it off despite a not so good game by Lienart. Bush for heisman.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the best college game ive seen in 4 years
the minnesota - wisconsin finish was amazing too

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The spot after Leinhart's fumble was fucking bullshit. It shoulda been on the 2 yd. line not the 2 inch line.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
WOW... just WOW... one of the best games I've ever seen.

And they spotted the ball perfectly fine... it was on the 1 yard line roughly and thats where the replays showed the ball going out.

What was bullshit was the fucking ND fans running on the field before the game was over... and Weis strutting his stuff on the field and not GETTING OFF THE FIELD and delaying the game (and the momentum) by slowly walking to the sideline.

One of those games where ND gave it everything they had... one of those days where any team can give it all and give a good shot... and ND almost won it. But USC is #1, and they win games... even close ones like this. On another day it might be a total blowout.... this is why college football is so great. You never REALLY ever know.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Also, did anyone watch the finish of the Penn St./Michigan game? Or the BC/Wake Forest game? Some great finishes yesterday. The USC/ND game is by far the best game I have ever seen though.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
If Leinart = Tom Brady then Reggie Bush = Tomlinson
Heisman to Bush

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Bush might be faster than LT, but not as big or as strong. He's good nonetheless and I would venture to say that he will be drafted in the top 5 next year.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bush is sick. That was a good game. Wake/BC was good too.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
that was by far the biggest bullshit game of the yr.

what was with the unsportsmanlike call in the 4th qt during midplay on a lineman whom was no where near the play

notre shame lost it for them selves

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Leinart on 4th and 9 to Dwanye Jarrett on a fade fly route... I have to say USC earned the win regardless of the ball spot. Notre Dame would have earned it if they had won just the same
great game

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I had to listen to the game as I was out and about yesterday afternoon and the wife had the main tv when I got home. Still have yet to see the fumble replay. All I know is it was an awesome day for college football.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
all i know is if you give charlie wies 2 weeks to prepare for a team good things usually happen... and the pac 10 is the most over rated conference in america. irish by 10
No way, the Big East is the most over-rated pice of junk. The Pac-10 has good teams at the top that can play with the top teams in any conference. ASU nearly beat LSU and they're in the middle of the pack.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, the Big Least is the weakest conference.

It's warms my Wolverine heart to know that Notre Dame got robbed of that win. Bush clearly pushed Leinart in for the win, admitted to it postgame and that's a rules violation that wasn't called.

"I used all 200 pounds of my body to push Matt in" - Reggie Bush

Rule 9, Section 3, Article 2B states: " no other player of his team shall grasp, push, lift or charge into him to assist him in forward progress." The penalty for such an infraction is five yards from the basic spot.

The spot on the previous play should have also been on the three where it went out, not the one.

F**k ND!; much better to see USC win out and play the Horns or Hokies in the Rose, Irish Eyes NOT a smilin', haha.......

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
As an irish fan i am bitter about this loss. But i will leave it at this nobody this year will come that close in beating USC not even Texas.