Red River

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Big game, I respect Texas this year, but throw all the records and stats out the window. Is AP playing this week? Last I heard he was questionable with a high ankle sprain. If he is out, the Sooners have no shot at this. If he's healthy and plays, they could make a game of it. Five years in a row the Sooners have plagued the Horns. Hmmmm, who to pick. Hang six in a row on them. Cook Em!

B

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Vince Young will destroy that secondary, with what you ask? HIs arm, you heard it here first, his arm will beat OU.

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
AP is a tough guy and will probably play (come on it's at the cotton bowl).

As for all of you UT fans you are going down!!!!!!!!!!! We may have had a hard time this year but we KNOW how to kick some UT ass!!!!!!!!
Take that beotches...lol.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I am a former horned frog, and if TCU can beat that ass in Norman with a health AP, get ready for a whomping!! DSL, you might feel inclined to change your avatar before Saturday...:thumbsup:

B

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
OKlahoma is not lookin too great this year. My prediction: Texas 45, OU 21

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I am a former horned frog, and if TCU can beat that ass in Norman with a health AP, get ready for a whomping!! DSL, you might feel inclined to change your avatar before Saturday...:thumbsup:
Neverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! I refuse to believe we suck

B

biggunther

Awards
  • Established
I think this game may be closer than most people think, but UT all the way!!!!
If it is a blowout, even better :drunk:

Y

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Neverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! I refuse to believe we suck
Hey, you and me buddy.. My Wolverines are bringing teh suck big time this year...:trout:

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I love the "frat party shooting." Seriously why would you do that?

AP had his boot removed due to the ankle injury, still no word if he will actually be able to play.

Y

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
after that loss to WI, I wanted to pull a Private Pyle, like in your avatar..... :(

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Texas > OU

37-13

A

animalistic

Awards
I bet it's a close game. Up until last week I would (grudgingly) said UT has it hands down, but last week OU seemed to really start clicking. Bomar and the offense in general are getting in their groove and making plays and the defense stepped it up big time. If they can carry that over plus a little, they could take the game. I bet AP doesn't start, but jumps in there on a few plays.

If OU reverts back to the way they played the first few games, UT will roll right over them, but I don't believe that will happen.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Former Horned Frog, you's goin' down this Saturday! Bring it, hoss ;)

B

Brock Landers

Awards
Miami 57, Duke 3.....oh wait, theres another game Saturday?

Bevo 48, Boomer Sooner 7........

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You going to the game Brock?

It will be good for the first quarter. Dook sucks.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Texas 24 OU 13

Surprisingly little offense in this game... OU scores a TD in garbage time.

S

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Here are some facts, whether you throw out the recordbooks or not, about this season thus far:

Oklahoma is 2-2

Two wins are against Tulsa and Kansas St. The victory over Tulsa was by just over two touchdowns; so a solid win. However, Tulsa also got waxed for some 30 point spread against Minnesota and, most recently, has a loss to Houston as a part of their 2-3 record. The victory over Kansas St (the last game for OU) was by 12 points. Again, not a nail-biter, but not overly impressive either. Kansas St is 3-1 but the three victories were over Florida International, Marshall (in a very close game), and North Texas.

The two losses are against TCU and UCLA. TCU has a respectable record, but hasn't really played anyone - beating BYU and Utah by a combined 4 points and playing SMU and New Mexico. UCLA also has 4 wins, but besides the victory over OU has only bested Washington, San Diego State, and Rice.

So, Oklahoma's losses have come at the hands of less-the-greats and OU's victories have been over teams whose performance and records are equally unstellar.

Texas' game against Ohio State is the marker, thus far, of their season. Otherwise, they have played sub-standard competition as well. The other three games have been against LA Lafayette, Rice, and Missouri. The positive in that is that Texas completed dominated those three teams; combined score: Texas - 162, Others - 33. And, of course, Texas went into OSU's house and came away with a good win. Good, because it was an early season test and good because Texas normally chokes away those opportunities. Could it be that last year's Rose victory and this year's win at OSU means the Longhorns are really ready to stay atop the polls for the duration?

Unknown. Unfortunately, a Longhorn victory this weekend won't tell us the answer either. It basically comes down to a Red Sox/Cubs curse and "Can Peyton beat the Patriots?" type thing... can Mack Brown and the Longhorns beat OU? Unless there is really some voodoo-type stuff, or a total psychological block on the part of Texas, they will win this year. OU may say, "Oh forget that we're bad... we'll win this game!" But I don't think they'll be saying it this year, after the game.

Texas still isn't that great, IMO. Their schedule is soft as butter. Besides OSU they play only one other currently ranked team, TCU. Ah well, if USC can play softies and win the National Title, I guess anyone can.

Will someone please get rid of the BCS and the 'one loss and your out' thing so we can have some good football again?

(Now I digress...)

Let's see more Texas v. OSU... let's see that Alabama v. Penn St. game again (now that both are on the rise).. how about if USC plays someone... anyone? Notre Dame... of course thats tradition in tact... good! But c'mon... the next hardest game for the game is California. Remember Cal? The team that didn't get in the Rose bowl because they struggled so much against So Miss? The team that cried because they didn't get in the Rose and then went on to lose their 'lesser' bowl? C'mon. USC doesn't even have to win a conference championship game... not that that would solve anything... ah well. Rant over.

Texas wins. Big deal.

USC wins. So what.

Bring on Tennessee v. Georgia ... that's the best game this week boys and girls.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I see VA Tech being the screwed team this year. But that could change if somehow OU wins.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Will someone please get rid of the BCS and the 'one loss and your out' thing so we can have some good football again?

(Now I digress...)

Let's see more Texas v. OSU... let's see that Alabama v. Penn St. game again (now that both are on the rise).. how about if USC plays someone... anyone? Notre Dame... of course thats tradition in tact... good! But c'mon... the next hardest game for the game is California. Remember Cal? The team that didn't get in the Rose bowl because they struggled so much against So Miss? The team that cried because they didn't get in the Rose and then went on to lose their 'lesser' bowl? C'mon. USC doesn't even have to win a conference championship game... not that that would solve anything... ah well. Rant over.

Texas wins. Big deal.

USC wins. So what.

Bring on Tennessee v. Georgia ... that's the best game this week boys and girls.
I posted about this in another thread. I am torn between a playoff and the BCS. I love the tension of the regular season, but I hate all of the other factors about the BCS. I hate polls and the bias some teams get, the fact that you have to run up scores for votes, the fact that some teams are dropping big games off of their schedule because they don't need them anymore. I could go on and on because there is that much wrong with the BCS system. I still grieve over that Texas game and wish we could do it again now that we have settled on a qb, but I enjoyed every minute even with the loss. I would rather watch those games than beat up on MAC teams, or some of the high school teams I see big programs play. I know that it is good for the smaller schools; they get money and in some cases it keeps them from going to 1-AA. Still, as long as there is no playoff, the bigger OOC games need to be played to prove a team's worth, but then you look at the SEC. How many teams in that conf are, were, or will be in the top ten? They beat the piss out of eachother and nobody will ever get to see just how good some of these teams are because as soon as that first loss hits, it's nearly over.

Anyway, I'm still not counting OU out today.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Horns r going to roll today, its about time, I have been hearing it from all the OU idiots for too long, its payback time...........

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Wow, what a shame. I honestly didn't expect OU to win, but I didn't think they would look like a 1-aa team this game either. Texas seems to be very focused right now.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Binge - looks like y'all got bigger fish to fry than worrying about the Red River Shootout.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established