Roll Tide Roll
- 10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
- 10-01-2005, 09:22 PM
It is good to see Croyle finally get a team to play well around him. Bama is looking strong in a strong SEC.
10-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I watch the whole game!!! YAY
Sucks that Prothro was hurt tho... that ****in asshat hurt him on the pass interference play (or it would have been another touchdown!)
I knew it was a special game when I saw the first play offensive Bama made (the one after the punt fumble!). Something like an 86 yard pass for TD. Beautiful throw!
And then they scored again... and again... I was standing up and down screaming!!!
I vote for Bama Top 5
10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
that is how it was around the house also Bean.. the wife is a BIG BAMA fan.. never misses a game.. and Prothrou going down was bad.. I really hope that he is able to rehab that injury even though it will not be this season
10-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Florida is now checked off of my list of teams that need to lose. I love the SEC. I think it and the Big 10 are the best confs. in the nation. They play hard on both sides, and are loaded with good programs making it tough as hell to win out.
10-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I wonder if he will ever be able to play again; it is a rather serious injury.Originally Posted by Matthew D
10-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean size the more I watched the replay.. the more that it started to look like Joe Theisman's injury...
10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
AP poll just came out; they are ranked 7th!!!! WOOT
As I stated in the other thread, they are now the highest rated SEC team.
10-02-2005, 05:07 PM
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
No. Georgia is still ahead of Bama in the polls. I think Bama is better, but I do not get to vote.Originally Posted by Bean
10-02-2005, 05:56 PM
it is funny the USA Today poll has TN ahead of the Tide... this should make the match up at the end of the Month very very interest.. glad it is Tuscaloosa.. and if you are looking tickets on ebay are going for about $250 for good seats
10-03-2005, 01:45 AM
10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
10-22-2005, 09:47 PM
10-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Really? Were you the one saying Tennessee was going to win too? or was that someone else?
Lousy inconsistent offenses can also be contributed to great opposing defenses as well
Too bad Prothro got hurt, he wasnt exactly inconsistent
10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Actually, I stopped worrying about that after we lost to PSU. All I care about now is winning the Big 10 outright and getting that BCS bid.Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
10-28-2005, 07:53 PM
The Tide's offense did suffer with the loss of Protro but I do think things are going to be getting better soon. This week will help to iron out things... and all I have to say is we will see about LSU
10-29-2005, 08:01 PM
not a bad game... 497 offensive yards and allowing only 3 points on the defense...
I wonder how it would be if the SEC teams could play a bunch of nobodies like all the other conferences get to do every year,but still be acclaimed for their "great defense" with no proof... sorta like Ohio State, or FSU, or Texas, etc
10-29-2005, 08:05 PM
How do you figure that? They have yet to decisively beat any halfway-decent teams... they LOST to Tennessee... BARELY beat Florida and Auburn.Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
As for getting better pass protection... remember Tennessee and Ole Miss have the two BEST DLs in the entire SEC. Bama's frontline has handled everyone just fine until those two games, they are about speed and technique... which is why the Tennessee front 7 tossed them around (especially towards the end of the season).
I dont think LSU has the offensive-strength to score more than 10 points against them, and I seriously doubt Bama will not score any points.
I vote Bama by 7 in a low scoring game until later in the 2nd half.
10-29-2005, 10:54 PM
I have to say I really enjoyed Homecoming today.. took the kids and we hung out on the Quad for a while. got the Lady Tide Basketball teams autographs for my daughter, got to speak to an old student of mine that plays for them now.. And then when to watch the Tide beat the hell out of Utah State.. offense looked sharp on the first 2 drives of the game, scoring on both.. then it got a tad sloppy.. but overall had a good game, no injuries, and the 2nd and 3rd string got to play a long while
10-29-2005, 11:51 PM
My prediction: The Tigers give Bama hell in the Iron Bowl and win.
(They shoulda, woulda, coulda beat LSU.)
10-31-2005, 05:46 PM
10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
11-01-2005, 03:44 PM
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
11-01-2005, 09:45 PM
11-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey Matthew. I was hoping that a Bama fan could shed some light on a few things.
1. Why is the animosity towards Tennessee so intense, even bordering on hatred? I live in KNOXVILLE (so the passion for the Vols doesn't get any hotter) and most fans here simply don't seem to have as much venom for Bama as you guys do for us. In fact, there's a lot of respect for you guys, the tradition, the rivalry, etc.
2. Why do Bama fans blame Fulmer for the NCAA investigation and probation? This one has me stumped. I don't see how anyone can blame him for pointing out that there was something fishy going on in Memphis. Steve Spurrier and Terry Bowden brought it to the AD's attention, but no action was taken as I recall. Was Fulmer supposed to just say "Oh well" and let the cheating continue, working to the detriment of both programs?
3. Do people in Alabama REALLY support Shanks, team Cottrell, etc? I'm a lawyer and from my point of view, those guys look like such clowns. So far they've managed to get a multi-million dollar judgment against a guy who couldn't pay it if he lived to be 200.
4. Does Feinbaum have some sort of personal vendetta against UT? His columns before and after the game crossed the line from journalism to a smear campaign in my mind. I read lots of other SEC sports writers' columns and NONE seem to be as mean-spirited as his.
Thanks for any insight you can offer.
11-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Okay for the first one
the fans I have met from TN have been down right asses at times.. My brother in law got jumped in the bathroom in UT's home statium while trying to take a piss.. so that is one of the things
On Fulmer, from the information that I have seen it appears that it was Fulmer that had very big hand into the workings that got us that long suspension of scholarships and other things.. as for the cheating, it happens at all the schools and UT is no exception.
As for the other stuff, I have no idea..
11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
After living in the UT athletic dorm for 2 years, my view is that every school cheats it's just a matter of getting caught.
The Bama booster was one of the most brazen in the country. Talking about how he learnd how to buy players from Bear Bryant himself. The NCAA wanted him taken down, plain and simple. Fulmer saw an opportunity with the Means situation to take this guy out.
That said, karma is a bitch. The Vols better watch it when it comes to the shady dealings.
11-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By UNDERTAKER in forum AnabolicsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-17-2004, 08:11 PM
- By Alpha Dog in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:47 PM
- By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:00 AM
- By lunchbox in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:01 PM
- By windwords7 in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 03-12-2003, 01:06 PM