Roll Tide Roll

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the game Gators..
Ramma Jamma Yellowhammer, Give hell Alabama...

ROLLLLLL TIDE ROLLLLL

31-3

size

Awards
  • Established
It is good to see Croyle finally get a team to play well around him. Bama is looking strong in a strong SEC.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I watch the whole game!!! YAY :D

Sucks that Prothro was hurt tho... that fuckin asshat hurt him on the pass interference play (or it would have been another touchdown!)

I knew it was a special game when I saw the first play offensive Bama made (the one after the punt fumble!). Something like an 86 yard pass for TD. Beautiful throw!

And then they scored again... and again... I was standing up and down screaming!!!

I vote for Bama Top 5 :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
that is how it was around the house also Bean.. the wife is a BIG BAMA fan.. never misses a game.. and Prothrou going down was bad.. I really hope that he is able to rehab that injury even though it will not be this season

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Florida is now checked off of my list of teams that need to lose. I love the SEC. I think it and the Big 10 are the best confs. in the nation. They play hard on both sides, and are loaded with good programs making it tough as hell to win out.

size

Awards
  • Established
Prothrou going down was bad.. I really hope that he is able to rehab that injury even though it will not be this season
I wonder if he will ever be able to play again; it is a rather serious injury.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know what you mean size the more I watched the replay.. the more that it started to look like Joe Theisman's injury...

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
AP poll just came out; they are ranked 7th!!!! WOOT

As I stated in the other thread, they are now the highest rated SEC team.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nice jump we made there... I like it :D

size

Awards
  • Established
As I stated in the other thread, they are now the highest rated SEC team.
No. Georgia is still ahead of Bama in the polls. I think Bama is better, but I do not get to vote.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
it is funny the USA Today poll has TN ahead of the Tide... this should make the match up at the end of the Month very very interest.. glad it is Tuscaloosa.. and if you are looking tickets on ebay are going for about $250 for good seats

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay it was messy but got the W again..
7-0

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Hey its to be expected in a BIG rivalry game in the SEC :)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Really? Were you the one saying Tennessee was going to win too? or was that someone else?

Lousy inconsistent offenses can also be contributed to great opposing defenses as well :)

Too bad Prothro got hurt, he wasnt exactly inconsistent :)

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Not me, I had the Tide over the Volunteers. Must have been Binge, he pisses on everyone who's ranked higher than the Buckeyes.
Actually, I stopped worrying about that after we lost to PSU. All I care about now is winning the Big 10 outright and getting that BCS bid.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
The Tide's offense did suffer with the loss of Protro but I do think things are going to be getting better soon. This week will help to iron out things... and all I have to say is we will see about LSU

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
not a bad game... 497 offensive yards and allowing only 3 points on the defense...

I wonder how it would be if the SEC teams could play a bunch of nobodies like all the other conferences get to do every year,but still be acclaimed for their "great defense" with no proof... sorta like Ohio State, or FSU, or Texas, etc

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Not me, I had the Tide over the Volunteers. Must have been Binge, he pisses on everyone who's ranked higher than the Buckeyes.

IMO,LSU is well overdue to play to their high talent level offensively and unless Bama can get better pass protection, running and a deep pass threat over the next two weeks the Tiger O is going to wear out the Bama D for a 10+ point win. November 12th is going to be a decisive day in CFB.
How do you figure that? They have yet to decisively beat any halfway-decent teams... they LOST to Tennessee... BARELY beat Florida and Auburn.

As for getting better pass protection... remember Tennessee and Ole Miss have the two BEST DLs in the entire SEC. Bama's frontline has handled everyone just fine until those two games, they are about speed and technique... which is why the Tennessee front 7 tossed them around (especially towards the end of the season).
I dont think LSU has the offensive-strength to score more than 10 points against them, and I seriously doubt Bama will not score any points.

I vote Bama by 7 in a low scoring game until later in the 2nd half.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have to say I really enjoyed Homecoming today.. took the kids and we hung out on the Quad for a while. got the Lady Tide Basketball teams autographs for my daughter, got to speak to an old student of mine that plays for them now.. And then when to watch the Tide beat the hell out of Utah State.. offense looked sharp on the first 2 drives of the game, scoring on both.. then it got a tad sloppy.. but overall had a good game, no injuries, and the 2nd and 3rd string got to play a long while

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
My prediction: The Tigers give Bama hell in the Iron Bowl and win.

(They shoulda, woulda, coulda beat LSU.)

msp187

Awards
I have 2 words. Iron Bowl. Auburn all the way.

War Eagle!!

msp187

Awards
Yep, Im passionate when it comes to Auburn and football.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for that.. ;)
those are cuss words around our house...

AgentOrange

Awards
Hey Matthew. I was hoping that a Bama fan could shed some light on a few things.

1. Why is the animosity towards Tennessee so intense, even bordering on hatred? I live in KNOXVILLE (so the passion for the Vols doesn't get any hotter) and most fans here simply don't seem to have as much venom for Bama as you guys do for us. In fact, there's a lot of respect for you guys, the tradition, the rivalry, etc.

2. Why do Bama fans blame Fulmer for the NCAA investigation and probation? This one has me stumped. I don't see how anyone can blame him for pointing out that there was something fishy going on in Memphis. Steve Spurrier and Terry Bowden brought it to the AD's attention, but no action was taken as I recall. Was Fulmer supposed to just say "Oh well" and let the cheating continue, working to the detriment of both programs?

3. Do people in Alabama REALLY support Shanks, team Cottrell, etc? I'm a lawyer and from my point of view, those guys look like such clowns. So far they've managed to get a multi-million dollar judgment against a guy who couldn't pay it if he lived to be 200.

4. Does Feinbaum have some sort of personal vendetta against UT? His columns before and after the game crossed the line from journalism to a smear campaign in my mind. I read lots of other SEC sports writers' columns and NONE seem to be as mean-spirited as his.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay for the first one
the fans I have met from TN have been down right asses at times.. My brother in law got jumped in the bathroom in UT's home statium while trying to take a piss.. so that is one of the things

On Fulmer, from the information that I have seen it appears that it was Fulmer that had very big hand into the workings that got us that long suspension of scholarships and other things.. as for the cheating, it happens at all the schools and UT is no exception.
As for the other stuff, I have no idea..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
After living in the UT athletic dorm for 2 years, my view is that every school cheats it's just a matter of getting caught.

The Bama booster was one of the most brazen in the country. Talking about how he learnd how to buy players from Bear Bryant himself. The NCAA wanted him taken down, plain and simple. Fulmer saw an opportunity with the Means situation to take this guy out.

That said, karma is a bitch. The Vols better watch it when it comes to the shady dealings.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Every school has people giving gifts to players and coaches in technical violation of the regs, it's a matter of degree and timing on who gets penalized for it.

I believe LSU is going to kick the snot outta Bama, just a gut feeling and when I'm wrong, Bean can tell me what a bigmouth moron I was :lol:

If I'm right, I don't care nor claim unusual insight, I just enjoy watching good games.
Just remember, no one has blown out Bama in a long time (by blowout I'm talking by 3 earned touchdowns - not some quick blowout in the end from the opposing defense that makes the game look much less close than it really was)

I dont think LSU will have more than 10-15 points on Bama... and I dont think LSU has the defense to keep Bama from putting up 2 TDs

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
emotionally invested? It always gets this way? Dude you've seriously got a 'holier than thou' and a 'i'm so much superior to you' vibe goin on, you can't back up any arguments so you start attacking me.

"I believe LSU is going to kick the snot outta Bama"
Thats a blowout; I guess you had English as a 2nd language?
I'm not going to waste my time paying attention to your high school-drivel anymore.

As for comments on the game today:
I've never seen such a horrible officiating crew. I saw them spot the ball in the wrong spot for BOTH teams about 7 to 8 times. Alabama was robbed of a fumble recovery for a TD when they ruled it an incomplete pass when it was OBVIOUS that it was passed backwards behind the line of scrimmage -> aka lateral pass which cannot be 'incomplete' only fumbled.

Great game of defense by the Tide though... allowed less than 100 yards the ENTIRE game and forced what like 5 turnovers or something? I havent seen that done in a very long time.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I really hope that the offense gets some needed tuning.. seemed very "out" of it today... I am really starting to think that RD is an Auburn fan or a UT fan..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ramma Jamma Mama Klama - Miamah just beat the hell outta VTech.

Ok, it doesn't quite rhyme as well, but regardless, you are welcome Bama fans.

We've got some good teams left, but I'd love a rematch in the Sugar.

We got some payback for the Tide also!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
you were right size.. wish you had been wrong though ;)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
It was, I just cared a bit more on who one.. bad thing about graduating for a college.. I think the wife was more pissed than I was..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bad day for Bama yesterday. They lose and Auburn wins.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I really hope that the offense gets some needed tuning.. seemed very "out" of it today... I am really starting to think that RD is an Auburn fan or a UT fan..
I don't know why I'm reading this thread.
But - knowing what I know - this quote is freaking hilarious.

Yeah - RD might possibly be invested in Auburn in some strange form....
:toofunny: