Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Eagles

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
M

Maldito

Awards
Hello there NFL fans

In you opinion who has the best running game out there? Not just the best running back but the combination of both offensive line and running backs.

i cant post all of the teams up so if u dont see the team that you would like to select make a quick post

Peace and enjoy the new season

B

Brock Landers

Awards
Even though our O-Line sucks.....Id Like to nominate Ricky Williams & Ronnie Brown of the Fish. Ricky comes back after next weeks game at Buffalo (Bye this week), and then that combo should be deadly......GO DOLPHINS!!!

M

Maldito

Awards
fair choice, i like the dolphins too, but i dont think they have the best running game this season... maybe next year :D

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Boy thats tuff you could go with a good team with a good rb or a good team that almost anybody can run behind. Tuff

Id have to go with 2 right now Chiefs,steelers.

I could throw atlanta in there because vick adds to their rushing, but they had such an easy schedule last year I dont think they really deserve it.

V

Vegas Lord

Awards
No love for Caddilac

Caddilac's cleets and gloves are in Canton already! People keep
down playing his heart.. The Falcons need Dunn, Duckett and
Vick to barely get more yards than 1 Caddilac Williams. Keep this
in mind.... safties are still not coming into the box to stop Caddilac,
untill that happens keep expecting 120+ yards a game from him against any
defense. Buccaneers employ a young physical runblocking line that DOMINATES!
Its a long year.... we'll see who comes out in rushing offense this year.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Caddilac's cleets and gloves are in Canton already! People keep
down playing his heart.. The Falcons need Dunn, Duckett and
Vick to barely get more yards than 1 Caddilac Williams. Keep this
in mind.... safties are still not coming into the box to stop Caddilac,
untill that happens keep expecting 120+ yards a game from him against any
defense. Buccaneers employ a young physical runblocking line that DOMINATES!
Its a long year.... we'll see who comes out in rushing offense this year.

Yo VL what is up with these polls not even putting the bucks on em. I mean come on first the best defense in the league and now best running team and no Bucs. :head: And ahhhhhhhhh wan't there some guy bragging on Green Bay and what happened when they met the Bucks.

Maybe I need to go look that thread up lol

CROWLER

M

Maldito

Awards
the bucks got lucky on that win....however they have improve a lot this year.

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
the falcons dont need duckett dunn and vick just to rush more than williams. they just spread it around for different situations. all are very capable of putting up the numbers that caddy is now. the only reason he's leading the league in yards right now is cuz he's getting the ball almost 40 times a game. wait till the bucs get behind this year and then see how dismal his stats get once gruden panics and has to rely on the passing game.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Chargers have the best running game, Ladaninan Tomlinson is a proven back who can get the job done as a receiver too. Cadillac just can't compare after 3 great games, not to say he sucks, but just not better than Tomlinson right now

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Whoa now, don't put Cadillac into the hall of fame just yet. I'm going to have to agree with IW on this one. LT is one of, if not the best back in the NFL. A mix between Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk. Speed, quickness, agility, great hands, etc etc. Just get him the damn ball. This means you Schottenheimer.

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
while LT is by far the best BACK in the game, the question remains as who has the best running game for a team and until atl gets dethroned with the best yards/game running i dont see how this is even a debate.

V

Vegas Lord

Awards
Hey

the falcons dont need duckett dunn and vick just to rush more than williams. they just spread it around for different situations. all are very capable of putting up the numbers that caddy is now. the only reason he's leading the league in yards right now is cuz he's getting the ball almost 40 times a game. wait till the bucs get behind this year and then see how dismal his stats get once gruden panics and has to rely on the passing game.
"40 times a game"...LOL 29.2 carries per game. Last time I checked don't Atlanta run a finese/ zone runblocking scheme. The Bucs use the Bill Walsh westcoast run blocking schemes under Gruden. I wont take anything away from Vick other than he looks like crap when he plays the Bucs..... but, how can you count running on a "passing play" as a "run play" as Vick does? Lets be honest, Tampa actually leads the legue on "rushing plays" Atlanta leads on "passing plays + rushing plays". Good luck stopping Caddy this year with your 27th ranked run D... Bucs wont be behind no one this year... Bucs have the easy schedule like the Falcons had last year.

Football is easy, the game is won in the trenches. Run the ball, play good defense against pass and run. You will win games. People better give Cincy some credit here too as they are whipping teams left and right.

No offense, I know its early but the Falcons have never had a runningback like Caddilac, don't even say Jamal Anderson LOL

V

Vegas Lord

Awards
Whoa now, don't put Cadillac into the hall of fame just yet. I'm going to have to agree with IW on this one. LT is one of, if not the best back in the NFL. A mix between Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk. Speed, quickness, agility, great hands, etc etc. Just get him the damn ball. This means you Schottenheimer.
Caddilac's cleats and gloves are in Canten for passing Don Ameches's highest rushing yardage over first 3 games played (no lie). If caddilac plays 10 more years he'll be in the hall. Question,
who will be the second fastest wideout to catch 100 balls in their carreer?...... After this sunday Michael Clayton another young star on the Bucs who could be in the hall in 11 more years.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
If he can last and sustain the kind of numbers he is putting up now then yes. But c'mon dude, he has only played 3 frickin' games. No need to go crazy yet.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I beleive caddy will be have a real good career. Only problem with this year he is a rookie most rookie runningbacks cant give the same type of production at the end of the season.

I cant belive the chiefs are not under serious discussion. Think about it what team has 8 rushing touchdowns in a game 4 by the starter (priest) and 4 by the backup(blaylock) and this year priest is doing alright, but larry johnson is tearing it up and hes the backup right know.

I will agree that Lt is probably the best back in football right now. Shaun alexander a close second.

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
the return of the pothea.... im mean ricky is near... damn thats gonna be a good game. cadilliac vs ricky and ronnie. not to mention caddy will face the best rushing d in the afc, however i do feel my dolphins will fall to the bucs. at least florida state is holding down this year.

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
all i have to say is 209 yrds rushing/per game for atl. more than 50 yds more than the 2nd place chargers.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
all i have to say is 209 yrds rushing/per game for atl. more than 50 yds more than the 2nd place chargers.
Atlanta can be dangerous especially with the way their D is playing. But...if you can stop their running game somehow, they'll be forced to beat you with Vick's arm and that isn't going to happen.

M

Maldito

Awards
Carolina looked a lot better on the grown on monday night...
maybe is cuz the packers are playing terrible d

V

Vegas Lord

Awards
Hey

the return of the pothea.... im mean ricky is near... damn thats gonna be a good game. cadilliac vs ricky and ronnie. not to mention caddy will face the best rushing d in the afc, however i do feel my dolphins will fall to the bucs. at least florida state is holding down this year.
As a Bucs fan I'm scared of the Dolphins more than any team the Bucs played so far. The Dolphins
believe in Saben like Bucs believed in Gruden in "02"... Dolphins are a dangerous team for the Bucs. That game will be tough...... much tougher than the Jets LOL.

V

Vegas Lord

Awards
Atlanta credit

Heading into week five Atlanta looks the best (rushing) although my Bucs will

make Vick cry when we play them....like the Bucs always do.

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
As a Bucs fan I'm scared of the Dolphins more than any team the Bucs played so far. The Dolphins
believe in Saben like Bucs believed in Gruden in "02"... Dolphins are a dangerous team for the Bucs. That game will be tough...... much tougher than the Jets LOL.
im so proud of my team im in tears after every win there is so much pontiental in the team that i dont think any of us have seen until saban came on board. theres alot of kinks that need to be worked out but these guys are really really focused on making it happen. and as a huge dolphins fan im not being biased but i really do belive that we now have the best team in the afc east which was the best divison in the nfl for so long now looks like ****. and in our schedual where 99% of the teams we face are in top or near top in there divisions with our only instant win with the browns we have a lot to prove and if they can make it through this tough schedual and make it to the playoffs that will be incredible, but we have a few more wins to get before i can start saying were even close to be a playoff contender, i just hope i never see another season like '04 for as long as i live. that bucs game is going to be awesome the rumble in S. florida! just tell your qb his daddys old team is coming to town.

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LT is the best running back in the game...he's the ****!!! Now that KC knows that 2 headed monster running game bullshit with Holmes/Johnson doesnt work...watch Holmes go off after the Bye and the return of Willie Roaf....KC's run game will be sick when its Holmes as the Featured back and fumble boy Johnson warms the bench for Padre.

M

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
I beleive caddy will be have a real good career. Only problem with this year he is a rookie most rookie runningbacks cant give the same type of production at the end of the season.

I cant belive the chiefs are not under serious discussion. Think about it what team has 8 rushing touchdowns in a game 4 by the starter (priest) and 4 by the backup(blaylock) and this year priest is doing alright, but larry johnson is tearing it up and hes the backup right know.

I will agree that Lt is probably the best back in football right now. Shaun alexander a close second.
EXACTLY!!!

CHIEFS!
Right now though LT is tearing it UP!

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
lol all you people have your team loyalties, hell i do to. but look at the stats and tell me 209 yds/gm for atl vs 158yds/gm for 2nd place sd doesnt show how much better atl's running game is than everyone. yes LT is the best back in the game, yes priest scores a lot of td's. but come on guys, be realistic here.

M

Maldito

Awards
i agree luckyboy
noone has actually talked about Dunn he had the most yards right now with an average of 5.6 :O and he is pretty small
what about barber and the giants. they have been playing a great running game. everyone forgot about last year?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
LT is the best running back in the game...he's the ****!!! Now that KC knows that 2 headed monster running game bullshit with Holmes/Johnson doesnt work...watch Holmes go off after the Bye and the return of Willie Roaf....KC's run game will be sick when its Holmes as the Featured back and fumble boy Johnson warms the bench for Padre.
:goodpost: I agree, a 2 headed monster is not the best way to go. I'm not a huge fan of that because if you have one back greatly outperform the other than you limit his impact on the team because you share the carries with another back. The only benefit to using 2 backs is less wear and tear for both. You can't get into a good rhythm sharing half your carries, that's why I picked the Chargers.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
lol all you people have your team loyalties, hell i do to. but look at the stats and tell me 209 yds/gm for atl vs 158yds/gm for 2nd place sd doesnt show how much better atl's running game is than everyone. yes LT is the best back in the game, yes priest scores a lot of td's. but come on guys, be realistic here.
Atlanta has more yards because they are very 1 dimensional. San Diego can throw the ball and therefore they rely on the running game a lot less. San Diego may be in 2nd place but right now their win over the Pats impresses me more than Atlanta's win vs. Philly.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Caddilac's cleats and gloves are in Canten for passing Don Ameches's highest rushing yardage over first 3 games played (no lie). If caddilac plays 10 more years he'll be in the hall. Question,
who will be the second fastest wideout to catch 100 balls in their carreer?...... After this sunday Michael Clayton another young star on the Bucs who could be in the hall in 11 more years.
Clayton is very good and almost forgotten by everyone. Being the first to catch 100 passes is a good start to a career but he still has a looong way to go. BTW, I have to agree with natedogg, we can't simply say these guys will automatically be great, a HOF career is 10+ years, though I'd make an exception for running backs since they take a bigger beating than anyone, I'd say 7 years for a running back. Hopefully Gruden won't use all the miles in the Caddy too soon.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Caddy, it seems the guy is already having injury problems (sore hamstring and sprained foot). Go figure. That was his one big knock when scouts were scouting him; his inhibility to stay healthy.

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Caddy, it seems the guy is already having injury problems (sore hamstring and sprained foot). Go figure. That was his one big knock when scouts were scouting him; his inhibility to stay healthy.
thats exactly why saban chose ronnie over him. RB is a much more durable balanced back that caddilac is and i wouldnt be suprised if RB soon takes over carnells spotlight, but it may not happen with the return of rickey...

C

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
cant belive that the bills were not on the poll and the giants are!!!!

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
tommorow..... :D you face a two headed monster with the best run defense in the afc.. i cant wait gonna be a kick ass game!

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
as a bucs fan i worry more about the Steelers than any other team in the NFL. TB hasnt EVER had good luck against them.

A

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
How can you guys not have the falcons as the top running game of the season?

L

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
lol so the falcons are on pace to have the highest rushing average per game of all time. higher than the 84 bears who finished with 180 yd/game. still no love. i like it!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Not until Vick starts playing like a QB. He is so lucky he has a great team around him. Did anyone watch his Monday Night performance? What a pile of **** that was. And still people are calling it his team. What a joke.

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the 1-2 punch combo of Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson is the best NFL running game.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I'll vote for the underappreciated Shaun Alexander

edit: actually wait, its the falcons by far

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im reppin the bucs with the caddy. He may have had problems with stayin healthy but when he is healthy so far who can touch him? Besides Ladanian noone seems to come close. :numbered: :rasp:

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
Im reppin the bucs with the caddy. He may have had problems with stayin healthy but when he is healthy so far who can touch him? Besides Ladanian noone seems to come close. :numbered: :rasp:
i promise u ronnie brown will have a better record that caddy at the end of the season. no one belives me on this im not being biased because hes on my team but RB is a far balanced back the caddy

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
The Bronco's are the best running team in football. 2 100 yard rushers today against the Eagles, nuff said.

A

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Funny how we all stated all these teams and the Broncos is not even a choice in the polls. Seems like they have the best running team as of now, even though I think most coaches don't know how to utilize their running attacks properly. It is no way that the Rams with Mike Martz as coach shouldn't have been running more and look at what the Chiefs has: Holmes and Johnson. I still to this day do not know why the Falcons won't trade T.J Duckett and get a number draft choice for him. Cleveland,Eagles,Patriots, and Minnesota need a running game from a proven player. Indy will need one next year. James will be bolting from the Colts next year.