Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Last year's game ended with a game-winning field goal for UT. My opinion is obvious. :lol:

Brock Landers

Awards
I think the Gates take this one, I have a feeling Urban has been holding the offense back the past few weeks and hes got some surprises for Donut-boy Fullmer. UF - 34 ciTrUs - 17.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I hope it's really close, but I don't want DT to have a coronary...

AgentOrange

Awards
Last year's game ended with a game-winning field goal for UT. My opinion is obvious. :lol:
Vols 35 Flarda 24. With a little luck, Chris Leak leaves the game on a stretcher.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
well if I had an option, I would like to see the both of them tie.. but lesser of two evils, I would like to see FL win

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
First of all, this is NOT the SEC game of the year. Secondly, Florida will win going away. All they need to do is watch some Tennessee v. UAB game-film.

:stick:

voluser77

Banned
Awards
Anyone goin' to the game? Would love to be at FL when UT kicks ass!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
After watching 5 years of UT football, I think it will be close, but I like the Gators in the end to win.

But, I think UT will bounce back and beat LSU down here next week.

voluser77

Banned
Awards
Damn girl! You really look that hot? Wish I still had rohypnol and I'd take ya out to eat!

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
First of all, this is NOT the SEC game of the year. Secondly, Florida will win going away. All they need to do is watch some Tennessee v. UAB game-film.

:stick:
So what looks to be the SEC game of the year? Florida-Georgia? Not sure Georgia's got the team this year. Shockley has been looking very unimpressive and really hasn't been consistent in any game I've seen him play. If it's not that one, it has to be UT-LSU. Unless you're just going for pure rivalry, and then maybe Auburn-Alabama.

voluser77

Banned
Awards
jmh-sucks dude. Any girl that looks that hot, I would love to take advantage of her!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
the bama-auburn games always gets interesting.. can't wait to see how things are going to go this year

stindevil

Awards
So what looks to be the SEC game of the year? Florida-Georgia? Not sure Georgia's got the team this year. Shockley has been looking very unimpressive and really hasn't been consistent in any game I've seen him play. If it's not that one, it has to be UT-LSU. Unless you're just going for pure rivalry, and then maybe Auburn-Alabama.
Shockley completed 16 of 24 passes for 289 yards and five touchdowns and ran five times for 85 yards and a touchdown aganist Boise St. That is pretty damn consistent in my book, although I think you are right that they do not have a really strong team. I hope LSU can put something together, but if they don't, the UT-Flordia game may be the big game of the year.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Alrght, I'll give you the Boise State game. I didn't see that one. I did see him throw just 8 completions and 2 interceptions against South Carolina, though. I guess it's all to be seen. I'm a Tennessee fan, but obviously there hasn't been that much to be impressed with them this year. The Florida and LSU game (and then the Georgia game, and then the Notre Dame game) will tell what kind of team they have reeeeaaaal quick.

Leak is awesome, BTW.

gordongecko

Awards
How Bout FSU

FSU beat Miami, spanked The Citadel. It gonna be A NOLE year!:clap2:

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
FSU beat Miami, spanked The Citadel. It gonna be A NOLE year!:clap2:
Hey man, this is an SEC thread... keep that ACC junk out of here.
:hammer:

And FSU better be glad they got it together against The Citadel... Citadel lead 10-3 with a few minutes left in the first half. I know, FSU 'spanked' them the rest of the way... but still...

Tad50

Awards
UF all the way baby....I'm a student at UF and it's gonna be NUTS this weekend!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Tennessee wins 31-21, but I've been wrong before

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Florida isnt UAB adn UAB shoulda won tenn. will lose by atleast 10

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Time to get ready and watch this ESPN classic in the making. Have fun tonight fellas and be safe wherever you watch/go.

AgentOrange

Awards
REal-time commentary: Vols just scored to tie it at 7 -7.

Observation: Florida can't run the ball at all, but Leak's play-action is great.

Observation: There are some hot girls in G-ville, but some... well let's just say that their grooming/hygeine is questionable.

AgentOrange

Awards
Real-time commentary:

I have no idea what the ultimate outcome of this game will be, but at this point I am underwhelmed by the spread-option.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
And the loss goes to the Tennessee kicking game...

Really nice defensive play by both teams. Tennessee just shot themselves in the feet too many times in this one. If you had told me that Leak was going to get sacked as many times as he did, no way would I say Florida holds on to this one. Gotta give it up to their D, too.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Florida isnt UAB adn UAB shoulda won tenn. will lose by atleast 10

damn 2 weeks in a row ive called the game of the week winner :)

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WOOOHOOOO!!!

The Urban Meyer era begins! :study:

:woohoo: :nutkick: :clap2: :head: :djparty: :dance:

AgentOrange

Awards

Reeaaallly? Are you seriously going to contend that Meyer is some sort of guru? As I said previously, I was underwhelmed by the vaunted spread offense. As someone mentioned above, the loss goes to the Vols special teams, and should probably be shared with what I view as a poor offensive gameplan. The Florida defensive line was no match for the Vols running game, so I'm not sure why Sanders opted to throw so often.

Oh well, at least Leak spent the whole night on his ass. Every cloud has a silver lining!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Real-time commentary:

I have no idea what the ultimate outcome of this game will be, but at this point I am underwhelmed by the spread-option.

Just couldn't keep up with the real time commentary hunh?

BWAHAHAHAHA

More like ya couldn't say FL was winning :wave:

CROWLER

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
IMO, Fatty Phil really needs to settle on a QB. The whole 2 QB rotation thing never works.
Spurrier didn't win his national title until he finally settled on a QB.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Reeaaallly? Are you seriously going to contend that Meyer is some sort of guru? As I said previously, I was underwhelmed by the vaunted spread offense. As someone mentioned above, the loss goes to the Vols special teams, and should probably be shared with what I view as a poor offensive gameplan. The Florida defensive line was no match for the Vols running game, so I'm not sure why Sanders opted to throw so often.

Oh well, at least Leak spent the whole night on his ass. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Coaching is what made the difference. The Vols were poorly coached. It comes down to stupid plays by your punter (this year) and a dumb shove by a WR (last year). A Ron Zook team doesn't win that game.

Thats all I'll say about that. :lol:

AgentOrange

Awards
Coaching is what made the difference. The Vols were poorly coached. It comes down to stupid plays by your punter (this year) and a dumb shove by a WR (last year). A Ron Zook team doesn't win that game.

Thats all I'll say about that. :lol:
Yeah, will agree with you in part. The Vol special teams need help and Randy Sanders (Off. coordinator) is a 'tard. People in Knoxville HATE him. He's one of those coaches that always seems to do less with more. I anticipate that the radio airwaves will be filled with fury tomorrow a.m. The Gators did a good job of capitalizing on Vol mistakes a put together enough offense to win. I was impressed with the good route running.

On the other hand, I think you would agree that the Vol defense is pretty damn good, right? Chavis is an excellent D coordinator.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If Fulmer doesn't look at special teams as not a priority, UT wins that game.

He's not of the subscription of Miami, VTech, FSU and others that do put their best players on special teams. He's got Hastey returning punts.

Are you telling me that Meachem or Swain (one of whom, I forget, got like 2 passes thrown at him) couldn't return punts? I mean, at least they wouldn't have the horrible fumble that lead to a FG. It's not like one of them is really doing a whole lot on O.

The retarded fake punt that the punter made up on his own also was another FG.
That's 6 points, and a whole 'nother ball game late.

Fulmer needs to start putting emphasis on special teams. Plain and simple.
I can't remember the last blocked kick by UT (and I spent 5 years on campus at every game).

I think they beat LSU this weekend if he can make the adjustments on special teams.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
On the other hand, I think you would agree that the Vol defense is pretty damn good, right? Chavis is an excellent D coordinator.
Yes, although when two good teams play its hard to tell if the defenses were good, or if the offenses were bad (somewhat similiar to the UM/FSU game). The difference on offense for the Gators was on 3rd down. When Leak needed to make a big play, he made it.

AgentOrange

Awards
If Fulmer doesn't look at special teams as not a priority, UT wins that game.
He's not of the subscription of Miami, VTech, FSU and others that do put their best players on special teams. He's got Hastey returning punts.

I agree 100%. Other teams around the country have realized that playmakers need to be on the field during all phases of the game, and Miami is a good example. I've seen Hester completely change the complexion of a game numerous times.

On a different note, does anyone know the status of the gator return man who got hit in the upper portion of his right leg / hip? They put him in an air cast and carted him off. Hope he is okay.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Great job by the Florida Head Coach. He has what 19 straight wins or something.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
People are still voting in the poll?!?!?!?!

My god, we have some idiots on this site.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
People are still voting in the poll?!?!?!?!

My god, we have some idiots on this site.

Relax bro. Its a lot easier to vote when the game is over.

:toofunny: :icon_lol:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I guess so.

I just can't help but wonder.

I wonder if anyone voted for UT after the game? Can we see that? I think we have some folks that are dumb enough to really do that, and not just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.