Game of the Week: Philly at Atlanta

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I believe we may be looking at a possible preview of the NFC championship game once again. Despite how much I hate the guy I think the X-Factor here is...TO. Yes, Terrell Owens as much as It pains me to say it. With TO's renewed love for Mcnabb, expect TO to be the difference in this game with 10 catches for 150 yards and 2 TD's. Philly goes on the road, contains Vick and wins 24 to 14.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
:burger: im giving my burger-lock of the week. atlanta 27, philly 17
Sage

davisville64

Awards
I think this will be a preview of the NFC championchip game. Who will win, I really cant say.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive got westbrook, crumpler and the Phily's D in my fantasy team so...

2 TD's each, the eagles win it 17-14.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I don't know who will win this game but Sage, I'd be shocked to see 44 points dropped in this one. These are two very good defensive teams in the season opener.

As for it being an NFC championship preview... I don't buy that either. Mainly, that is the prevailing thought due to the fact that these were the two teams last year and no one else seems ready/able to step up from the NFC... oh yeah... except THE PANTHERS baby! Plus, someone unexpected always comes along and plays disrupter in the playoffs. Remember, I believe last season was the first season Vick stayed healthy all year. Can he do it again?

Anyway, this is going to be a fun game to watch, that much seems certain!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I don't know who will win this game but Sage, I'd be shocked to see 44 points dropped in this one. These are two very good defensive teams in the season opener.

As for it being an NFC championship preview... I don't buy that either. Mainly, that is the prevailing thought due to the fact that these were the two teams last year and no one else seems ready/able to step up from the NFC... oh yeah... except THE PANTHERS baby! Plus, someone unexpected always comes along and plays disrupter in the playoffs. Remember, I believe last season was the first season Vick stayed healthy all year. Can he do it again?

Carolina is about the only other team with a chance in that conference considering how bad it is. Philly vs Atlanta or Philly vs Carolina, take your pick.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
How can you say it's a bad conference when the season is just starting? Who knows, maybe the NFC will be dominant this year? And Carolina is currently losing to NO....

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
:burger: im giving my burger-lock of the week. atlanta 27, philly 17
Sage
Sage your hatred for philly is almost impressive. Which almost makes me sorry to have to tell you we are going to big dance and were banging the prom queen this year. :dance:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I stand corrected, Carolina looked bad and NO really didn't play all that great either. Both teams seemed ready to give that game away. Someone is going to have to step up in that weak ass conference and I think that someone will be Philly once again.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Philly is going to beat them 31-14.

SAGE: What happened to the Seahawks bro ? :D

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was disappointed in the Carolina game... not only the loss, but the way they played.

Still, I think the NFC will have some surprises. What about Tampa? Going into the dome in Minn and whipping the Vikings. Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams, 148 yds, TD.. not bad for an NFL debut.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Still, I think the NFC will have some surprises. What about Tampa? Going into the dome in Minn and whipping the Vikings. Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams, 148 yds, TD.. not bad for an NFL debut.
Minnesota isn't that good IMO and Carnell Williams had one carry for 71 yards and the rest of his 26 carries went for a total of 77 yards giving him an average of almost 3 yards a carry. Nothing too impressive. We will see though.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I took the points at 42.5 combined. It'll happen

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
no respect for atl... i think it'll be closer then the championship game was

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
nfc champ game- Cowboys VS 49ers
Hell yeah, with the Niners beating the Cowboys in OT, earning themselves a trip to Super Bowl 40 in Detroit against the defending champs where by a stroke of luck, Alex Smith (Rattay was hurt earlier in the season) throws for 350 yards and 4 TD's with a blowout win, 34 to 14, becoming the first rookie MVP ever.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah, with the Niners beating the Cowboys in OT, earning themselves a trip to Super Bowl 40 in Detroit against the defending champs where by a stroke of luck, Alex Smith (Rattay was hurt earlier in the season) throws for 350 yards and 4 TD's with a blowout win, 34 to 14, becoming the first rookie MVP ever.
Holy ****. What kind of drugs are you on and can I get some too?

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I took the points at 42.5 combined. It'll happen
Are you saying you took the over or the under?

Either way, I think it's risky. I'll look over the props and see if there's anything that looks tasty to me...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
you'z on drugs boy...
The drugs I'm using are the ones your mom gave me after I beat her fuckin' ass...

You know I'm kidding right, but the Niners will win the Super Bowl...
<---me after I wrote this...

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol: if you touched her before the drugs you're a sick ****

anyway bro, the niners will win the "bottom of the worst conferecnce in the league" title

honestly, they are the worst team in the NFL, maybe if favre got injured they'll have some competition now that walker is gone.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
anyway bro, the niners will win the "bottom of the worst conferecnce in the league" title

honestly, they are the worst team in the NFL, maybe if favre got injured they'll have some competition now that walker is gone.
What about the Browns? They suck worse IMO. Obviously they're not the worst team in the NFL considering they beat an offensive juggernaut like the Rams. We will see though.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Are we conceding defeat then?
never! haha, i dont like to go into a game overconfident. im stupidly supersticious like that. im just saying on turf in a dome it'll be closer than it was in snowy philly.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Ok... you Philly boys persuaded me. I took Philly with the adjusted line, giving 7.5 pts.

Go Eagles!

(Did I say that?) :p

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I can`t believe it!!!!!!!!!!! Some bumb ass wanna be CB takes a poke at an All-pro MLB and they both get booted... Set up you think....

Last edited:
EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
never! haha, i dont like to go into a game overconfident. im stupidly supersticious like that. im just saying on turf in a dome it'll be closer than it was in snowy philly.
You just did it again:stick:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow,just saw the backward lateral pass, what the hell was that ?

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
That's called McNabb's an idiot and I'm going to be a little poorer tomorrow.

I forgot... hit McNabb a couple of times and he folds up like a schoolgirl.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Eagles look like ****. They're lucky Vick is QB. If they had a real QB out there the deficit would be much greater. It's looking good for the Niners IW. Maybe they can take some of that momentum into next weeks game against the Eagles. That or the Eagles can take out some frustration and blast em.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Eagles look like ****. They're lucky Vick is QB. If they had a real QB out there the deficit would be much greater. It's looking good for the Niners IW. Maybe they can take some of that momentum into next weeks game against the Eagles. That or the Eagles can take out some frustration and blast em.
Yup, one thing you can count on is the 49ers bringing heat on the QB, BTW I'm surprised the Falcons are winning 14-10, Westbrook just dropped a key pass that would have put them inside the 5.

Also, WTF was Trotter thinking, his loss is huge ? That's when keeping it real goes wrong for you. I wonder what TO will say about it :lol: "I'm not the one getting ejected. I'm not the one who couldn't stop their rushing offense. Trotter clearly cost us the game because he's our run stopper, **** you pay me"

Last edited:
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think McNabb had an out of body experience tonight. Definately didn't play like we all know he can. Go Niners!

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
McNabb sucks.

I know, you'll say he doesn't... tell me he got to the Superbowl, etc. but, bottom-line, HIT HIM... and if he doesn't bail physically (2003 NFC Championship) then he bails mentally (like tonight) --

Nice passes McNabb... if your boys can catch with their kneecaps.

And what's with some of the other guys? Was Kearse even playing?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Year Team G Cmp Att Pct Yds Yds/Att TD Int Sck Rtg
2004 PHI 15 300 469 64.0 3875 8.3 31 8 32 104.8

Last year's stats. The man can play, but he blew it tonight.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm McNabb didn't have any passing touch and he missed Westbrook on a seam route down the middle of the field in the last drive, didn't even throw his way. I expected much more. I was hoping they'd win and kind of overlook the 49ers this week.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Last year's stats. The man can play, but he blew it tonight.

Number of teams played on the Eagles 2004 schedule who ended the season with a winning record: 3 (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay)

Tonight

Number of fumbles lost by McNabb tonight: 2

Completion % tonight: 54.5

TD/INT tonight: 1/1

Rating tonight: 70.0

Career (if you can quote single season 04 numbers to validate his 'man can play' status, then I can use career numbers to dispute it)

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

1507 2586 16926 58.3 6.55 80 118 57 215 83.9

[To be honest, I'm really just ticked about losing money... I'll be over it soon.] :)

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like I said before...ATL is gonna take the NFC this year..There D looked nice tonight.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
I dont wanna be the guy to say I told you so but..... haha. Now I await all the excuses for the loss....

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
You just did it again:stick:
i did nothing of the sort, whenever i go on a board or to my friends about how whatever team is going to win they never do. when i sit back and think it to myself usually good things happen. i never once thought philly would win going into tonight's game, trotter or no trotter. like i said, supersticious, not pessimistic.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Well it's easy to look back and say I told you so after the fact. The fact of the matter is, both defenses played pretty good, especially Atlanta's, Vick still sucks as a pocket passer, Mcnabb didn't play like he can, Philly still doesn't have a running game, and the Eagles lost because Akers (who is the 2nd most accurate kicker ever) missed two field goals. Basically Atlanta's D kept them in it and Akers missing two field goals he should have made lost it for the Eagles.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Like I said before...ATL is gonna take the NFC this year..There D looked nice tonight.
I'd be surprised to see either as NFC Champs at the end of the year. Anyone want to give me odds?

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Well it's easy to look back and say I told you so after the fact. The fact of the matter is, both defenses played pretty good, especially Atlanta's, Vick still sucks as a pocket passer, Mcnabb didn't play like he can, Philly still doesn't have a running game, and the Eagles lost because Akers (who is the 2nd most accurate kicker ever) missed two field goals. Basically Atlanta's D kept them in it and Akers missing two field goals he should have made lost it for the Eagles.
Good point. What's wrong with the kickers lately? Stover missed 3 very make-able kicks Sunday night and Akers missed those two last night.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Amen. I got into quite a fun little thread with Bobo on this same topic. McNabb has been overrated for quite some time, as has Vick...

I hope the Niners can squeak out a win versus the Eagles... it would be so good for my Niners....

McNabb sucks.

I know, you'll say he doesn't... tell me he got to the Superbowl, etc. but, bottom-line, HIT HIM... and if he doesn't bail physically (2003 NFC Championship) then he bails mentally (like tonight) --

Nice passes McNabb... if your boys can catch with their kneecaps.

And what's with some of the other guys? Was Kearse even playing?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I hope the Niners can squeak out a win versus the Eagles... it would be so good for my Niners....
Squeak out a win? The Niners are going to trash the Eagles. Ok, maybe not, but I do think they have a legitimate shot at beating the Eagles after what happened in week 1. Go Niners! Bobo said he would kneel down before me if the Niners did win. And if the Eagles win I told him I wouldn't kick his ass. :D

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
On another board I said my Niners were going to come back strong and win the NFC this year (ok, ok, settle down). If they beat the Eagles then I can continue my boasting! Of course, I don't truly believe they can do.... yet, but you know, SF fans haven't had a reason to smile in quite some time.

Squeak out a win? The Niners are going to trash the Eagles. Ok, maybe not, but I do think they have a legitimate shot at beating the Eagles after what happened in week 1. Go Niners! Bobo said he would kneel down before me if the Niners did win. And if the Eagles win I told him I wouldn't kick his ass. :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
On another board I said my Niners were going to come back strong and win the NFC this year (ok, ok, settle down). If they beat the Eagles then I can continue my boasting! Of course, I don't truly believe they can do.... yet, but you know, SF fans haven't had a reason to smile in quite some time.
I'm worried about the fact that the Rams offense scored almost at will in the 2nd half after a dismal 1st half. That D line is going to have to keep the pressure on McNabb all game long because their secondary is suspect.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Not to turn this into a Niners thread, but I think the Philly offense is much worse than the Rams. Pressuring McNabb is the answer... when he gets pressure he looks like a 5 year old who's lost his doll.