US Open - Fantastic Match

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I know... tennis. On a bodybuilding forum it is surely not popular. I barely keep up myself. Sportscenter fills me in on who the top players are and that's about it for me. However, I was intrigued to watch the match tonight (which ended after 1am) between Blake and Agassi.

I've got to say, it was clearly the best tennis match I've personally seen.

The 'box score' through 4 sets:

Agassi 3 3 6 6
Blake 6 6 3 3

A fifth set then went 6-6 and into a tiebreak which Agassi came back from 3 down to win and get the set 7-6 and the match.

Tremendous! I just had to pop online and say so. That was excellent. And Agassi was really impressive. He looked like a beaten man after the second set ended, but he came back strong.

Not bad for a fellow 35 y.o. :thumbsup:

ESPN:Andre Wins One For The Ages

:clap2:

Last edited:

size

Awards
  • Established
It was an excellent match. Not nearly as good as the US Open Agassi vs Sampras when they went to 4 tiebreakers in my opinion.

size

Awards
  • Established
Or when Safin beat Sampras in the final. Safin's level of tennis during that match, still in my mind, is the best I ever watched.

But Agassi vs Blake was good :p

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I was at the open a few years ago. I saw the semis, Sampras vs Hewitt and Agasi vs someone I can't remember. Both great games. Agassi and Sampras are my two favorite players. Agassi becausehe seems to push so hard and makes things happen. Sampras because of his strategy. He just takes opponents apart it seems.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Well, like I said, it was about the best I'VE SEEN.. not being someone who has followed much tennis.

Seems to me though, Blake has a bright future and may be someone who will eventually rival Roddick and Federer.

Also, I wonder what Agassi has left in the tank for the remainder of The Open. (?)

DarkFalcon

Awards
Bummer Agasi couldn't go all the way. :sad:

size

Awards
  • Established
You on drugs?

Hardly the best ever... yet!
"He's the best I've ever played against," Agassi said.... "Pete was great. No question. But there was a place to get to with Pete. You knew what you had to do. If you do it, it could be on your terms. There's no such place like that with Roger......He plays the game in a very special way that I haven't seen before."