New England Patriots Vs the Oakland Raiders

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what are some predictions for Thursday Night?

Randy Moss 8 rec 120 Yds 2 td's
Collins 300 Yards 3 Td's 1 int
Jordan 80 Yards Rushing 1 td 5 rec 40 reciving

Brady 250yards 1 tds
Dillon 110Yds 2 tds

Raiders 31 Patriots 27 you heard it hear first

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
score mght be higher ..i hope the d can step it up and stop new england...i was thinking of something like this
45 Raiders 35 NE

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its gonna be crazy watching that secondary trying to contain Moss.....as long as Collins doesnt bring his flask with him.....He should Feed Randy Randy.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Unlikely scenario, but wishful thinking from a Raiders fan (only a Raiders fan would pick the Raiders to win). Pats will win by at least 2 TD's.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
im not a raiders fan by any means but i think everyone is overlooking the potential of their offense this year. like the colts, they will have the ability to simply outscore opponents in shootouts cuz their defense is dreadful and their receivers have speed to burn! plus i think NE will be shaky out of the gates with the changes they have gone thru coaching wise this off season. i expect high scoring, minimal defense and eventually oakland sneaking away with a W. maybe on a janikowski fg.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Patriots lost Charlie and Romeo there ....we'll see how good they are with both of them...But Moss will eat their Secondary alive.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
let's just hope it's competitive football to start the season. NFL is such a hype-show anymore, I just wanna see some NFL action.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Pass rush is the key.. if Collins gets time do you think the NE secondary can contain both Moss and Porter?
And is Curry healthy?
NE will score points on the D... Dillon may have a field day... If NE doesn`t get to Collins enough Dillon becomes all the more important...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Damn, once again people are underestimating NE. All I have to say is that they're playing in NE, Belichick is a genius and the Raiders are one dimensional.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If I were a betting man I'd say Pats 34 Raiders 24. Collins will have his yards, Moss will get his catches and yards too BUT I don't believe in Lamont Jordan as much as everyone does and their defense has a lot of holes.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
I dont think as many people are underestimating the pats as there are people overestimating them. I mean any team that loses both coordinators and the heart of their defense in an offseason is going to face it's share of problems. But it seems like everyone is already crowding the bandwagon. I just wouldnt be shocked to see them fall in the opener and then have a ripple effect of questions asking if it's the end of a dynasty. *rolls eyes*

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Patriots lost Charlie and Romeo there ....we'll see how good they are with both of them...But Moss will eat their Secondary alive.
Bill had the final say with the offense and the secondary coordinator now has all of the d. Not much of a loss there if you ask me. We're also talking about a secondary that won a Superbowl with WR's and LB's. The Pat's will be fine, imo.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Randy Randy Randy ........and if not him Lamont Lamont Lamont...

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
here comes kickoff! Pick the Pats but pulling for the Silver and Black. Thank God for football season.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
did the rolling stones play during the pregame show? or are they going to play halftime?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
So I was a little off with my prediction of a 2 TD victory. :rolleyes:

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I was just about to say the same about my advice... didn't need to buy points though.

I thought the Raiders went away from what worked for them as soon as they had the turnover converted... too soon if you ask me. What happened to running the ball with the big guy? Never saw the Pats stop that really. Ah well, IF the Raiders are going to be one dimensional, then I think we've seen how that will go. They need to use the TE more and work the running game/balance like they had early.

Anyway, congrats to the Pats! A little $$ to start the season never hurt me either... LOL :)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think if this were last year the Pats would have won buy at least 3 TD's. Anyways, looking forward to Monday Night Football between the Eagles and Falcons. A possible preview of the NFC title game.

Maldito

Awards
all i got to say is that the raiders scored on the first drive!!!! ...that tells u something about the Pats D...."no the same from last couple of years"

great improvement on the raiders side
Fun game to watch anyways

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
all i got to say is that the raiders scored on the first drive!!!! ...that tells u something about the Pats D...."no the same from last couple of years"
i don't know if we can say that yet... based on 1 drive

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice fantasy game for me except for Jordan..Moss is gonna have a huge year. Collins looked like he was sipping on some str8 Moonshine in 2nd half.....Lamont has some sick hands,,,hes gonna **** **** up against KC next week,,,,over all Raiders Secondary looked like a bunch for Outta place Tourist. Fantasy wise though this team is gonna be a machine. Other then that,,,,who cares lol

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
If I were a betting man I'd say Pats 34 Raiders 24. Collins will have his yards, Moss will get his catches and yards too BUT I don't believe in Lamont Jordan as much as everyone does and their defense has a lot of holes.
Pretty close. You were just betting that there were going to be 4 safeties in store, right? :thumbsup:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Pretty close. You were just betting that there were going to be 4 safeties in store, right? :thumbsup:
Of course, I saw it coming. I should have put some money on the game though, I need to have more balls when it comes to betting. You don't know how many Raider fans I could have robbed.