FSU over Miami. Field Goal finally screwed the Canes.

rwill2001

Awards
GO NOLES!!!!!

FSU QBs looked like crap.
FSU Def looked like the 93 Championship defense.

Miami will have a great QB when he gets some experience if he survives. The Miami O line was horrid.

Bout time luck went the Noles way.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Miami had its chances but could not capitalize. Big ups to the FSU defense. They swarmed Kyle Wright all game long. The RB's were impressive too.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
FSU QB's definately did look like crap. They need to get Lee ready to play ASAP because I dont see that Weatherford doing anything ever.

Miami on the other hand definately does have a winner at the healms if they can keep him healthy enough. 9 sacks a game is gonna take its toll eventually. Not everyone is gonna have a defense like the 'Noles though I guess, they looked outstanding. Well wait. There front 7 looked outstanding. Anytime Miami got time to throw I got scared. Olsen is definately another stud at TEU and Moore stepped it up this year after teh FSU game ruined his year last year. Happy about that special teams finally helping FSU this year though. Bout damn time.

Get Lee going and work with that secondary and I say they might have a good team there this year.

Go 'Noles!

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
that was a crappy game...hard fought but crappy

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
FSU QBs looked like crap.
FSU Def looked like the 93 Championship defense.

Miami will have a great QB when he gets some experience if he survives. The Miami O line was horrid.
My exact thoughts on this game. Both teams had good, bad and ugly points. It could have gone either way. I think if Wright gets a better touch, he will be great.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Both teams stunk...lol. Sorry to offend anybody, but that was honestly the worst I ever seen either of their squads. Miami stunk worse though. The decision making/intelligence of the individual players was just horrible. I mean, Miami's QB was at the friggin' 5 yard line on that last drive, and it was what, 2nd down? He take a SACK!!!??? Wow, I couldn't believe that. Then the next play when they tossed it to the flat...why oh why would they devise such a play??

Just all around horrible play and decision making...dropped holds for field goals, etc... the list just goes on and on....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Both teams stunk...lol. Sorry to offend anybody, but that was honestly the worst I ever seen either of their squads.
my thoughts exactly.
the team the 'won' didn't play 'the worst' upon this night.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Naw you guys don't undersatnd. You can't just pull Weatherford and put Lee in. lets not forget that Miami has an OUTSTANDING D-line, they were on his ass all night. And lets also not forget that when Lee did go in, he fumbled a shotgun snap and threw an ugggggllyyyy pass out in the flats. It isn't a drew or xavier problem, its a freshman inexperience problem. They will get better.

And why would you only give credit to FSU's front 4? Kyler Hall himself almost had 3 picks! He got one of them, Tony Carter should have had another one, Ernie had one, our WHOLE defense played outstanding, and props to lil tony carter for playing so well at his size.

To Miami's side, Kyle Wright will be a great QB one day, definitely had good mechanics.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
where is Wyatt Sexton?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sexton is drugged up, in rehab.

Wright does take too many sacks. Other than that to quote Schnellenberger in our 1st Championship year "We lost, but we found a Quarterback."

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Sexton is drugged up, in rehab.

Wright does take too many sacks. Other than that to quote Schnellenberger in our 1st Championship year "We lost, but we found a Quarterback."
I like Wright, because I think he is a great passer and will be dangerous in the future, however, I don't like his attitude. His comments about FSU, a day after the game were naive and quite childish. A loss is a loss no matter what. And to talk crap about our defense when we sacked him nine times is moronic.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see his comments.

But I will say that the front 7 is very good in rushing the passer. Not as good in run defense.
The secondary is terrible.

In this game, everything went wrong for us that possibly could. Yet, we still lost by only 3 points.

Can't wait for a rematch in Jacksonville for the ACC champ.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Actually I felt our corners didn't do too bad for their first ever games. I mean there were three BULLSHIT calls on Gerrard Ross for pass interference. Me being a corner I know that is exactly how I would have played that. In fact in practice we have refs and even they said they wouldn't have called at least 2 of those. Tony Carter, despite his size also played extremely well only letting on pass get passed him, which should have been a Kyler Hall interception anyways, don't know how he didn't get that. Olsen has being covered by linebackers in zone coverage thats how he kept getting open, it was frustrating too, Buster Davis is a great player but the heigh advantage of Olsen definitely showed! Yeah our run defense was a little shaky in the open field, which surprised me, I think we wanted Wright so bad we would forget about run haha. On the goal line however our LB's came back to their normal selves on the run game.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Losing Tyrone Moss to leg cramps late in the game changed the complexion entirely.

I still maintain that we were able to pass at will even after Moss went out. And Andrews had to know we were going to pass.