Jerry Rice to announce retirement.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I was just watching ESPN and it looks like the Broncos are basically forcing Rice into retirement by not making him the 3rd wide reciever. He wanted a decent amount of playing time or nothing at at all and it seems that the Broncos are making way for the younger guys. Needless to say, Rice will probably end up signing a 1 day contract with the Niners sometime in the next month or two and retire as a Niner as he should. So here's to the greatest wide reciever of all time.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
:box: Jerry Rice is the best player in football history. I think he could still help the 49ers but the man has nothing else to prove. He was a class act and a great team player. Many also don;t recognize his blocking ability. Jerry was a bad ass blocker as well and he believed he damaged CB's physically during runs to weaken them when he ran his routes.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Okay, fellow NoCals all together here. Mad props to Jerry, God's gift to Niner history, wide receivers, the 80's/90's etc. Time, however, for Jerry to hang it up. I want to remember him as the greatest, not some great who wouldn't go when it was time. Wanna remember him as a Niner, too!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I didn't even know that Jerry went to Denver...I thought he was still in Seattle? I thought that it was made very clear to him that he should hang it up when he was given a back seat and was taken out of the game when Seattle played in the playoffs last year...or maybe it was just one of thier last games? Either way, the guy sure did have a helluva career and is no doubt one of the best....but I think he should've hung it up a couple years ago.

Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Awards
Best WR in NFL history without a doubt. No need to even take a vote for HOF.:cheers: Football will miss you .:wave:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Best player of all time. Rice could make the Eagles this year though. No knock on Philly, they are going to the NFC Championship again barring McNabb injury - but he could play there.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Best player of all time. Rice could make the Eagles this year though. No knock on Philly, they are going to the NFC Championship again barring McNabb injury - but he could play there.
Yes he could... Oh and by the way not just the NFC Champ. all the way to the SB Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maldito

Awards
sad moments on the nfl... rice is a great person and player :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Best Player in League History.

Plain and simple.