1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    USC has'nt faced a D like UT, and UT has'nt faced an offense like USC, UT's the more complete team, and USC is an offensive machine, I can't call this one.
    Cal's defense gave them some trouble, they had never had predictable coverages and they gambled on some blitzes. If the Bears had a QB it could have been interesting. The way you beat USC is by jumping on them early and forcing them to pass down the field, this is the only way you can limit the amount of carries and passes Reggie Bush gets.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

lol i grew up down that way. my brother was actually born in college station / bryan

it sucks being away those games are so much fun

the old days with the big ass bon fires
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.24%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by olb33
    everyone also fails to realize unless your from texas or lived in texas. is there is 1 college game every yr and only 2 teams in texas A&M and the longhorns that is it.

records dont mean dick when these 2 teams play.

i called this yesterday. i figured A&M would put up a fight at kyle field on senior day.

vince young said in an interview he was tired of hearing hte heisman hype. the main this is his team and a national championship

atleast the heisman crap is over.

and for the usc bandwagon jumpers. USC defense is garbage
    TCU ain't bad bro!!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I haven't seen Cal's defense play, I can't fully assess the speed, intensity and characteristics of a defense unless I watch them, but the stats indicate that Cal has a above average defense, probably the best in the PAC, which is not saying that much.

The general metric that I calculate in saying generally above , median or below is scoring defense, it's the summation of their performance, how well does a D prevent points. I calculate how well did a team do over the entire year in relation to the average of the offensive points the teams they've played have put up against others and I look at consistentcy. Raw numbers are deceptive, one can't compare the WAC to the PAC, for instance, and I take out the cupcake opponents, adding the score against the Helen Keller School for the Blind that's playing for money for new canes and a short bus will skew the data. That was rude,oh well, too bad.

To assess a game I go much more specific, but here's the numbers on Cal. The Bears held their opponents to .722 of their average scoring for the year, that's decent, the Horns were at .609, that's good, and TX was more consistent. Their opponents only scored more than average once against them this year, Oklahoma State, while Cal allowed three opponents more points than their average, WSU, UCLA and Illinois. Letting the pitiful Illini score 20 points is not good.

Is Texas a great defense by this standard, no. Miami is at .473 and Ohio State is at .464, those are shutdown excellent but Miami allowed Clemson to go above average, OSU let no opponent above.

Like I said, this is my general base calculation, not the gameday analysis.

Olb - I know that Binge, Iron and I understand the variabilty of a rivalry game, I'm just glad y'all beat the damn Aggies, that's one weird straight place that an individualist like me abhors.
    Dam RD, you oughta be a handi capper, that's a pretty damn impressive formula ! As far as Cal's defense goes, yeah they aren't the best out there, but they were all healthy for the USC game, they held tough for 3 quarters but the wheels came off in the 4th because they had been on the field all day, Cal's offense has flat out sucked against solid teams, which is uncharacteristic for a Jeff Tedford coached team. Maybe they'll find a QB next year, time to recruit some smart & athletic kid to play QB because Joe Ayoob is too inconsistant.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.24%

I used to make good money analyzing college football, I just do it fun now, Pro Basketball is much easier and profitable for me. I don't know much about pro football, because I got in the habit of watching and analyzing college, I've never had the time to do both. College ball is where my heart is, school spirit and rivalries trump the profession.

Two critically important stats I look at on a team is the quarterback rating and turnover margin, that's an area where USC is the nation's leader, their +1.91 gives them a real edge over Texas' +0.27 and of course, both Leinart and Young are highly rated. I have'nt really stated looking at the Rose Bowl yet.

The most interesting game for me to analyze right now is GA-LSU, at this point I'm favoring Georgia's consistentcy, my stat analysis puts those two at near dead even, the LSU -2 line reflects that. Those are two teams I've watched a lot this year, stats won't make my decision for me, never does entirely anyway, unless it's a team I've never seen.

Texas is at -27.5 right now over Colorado. I think they could make that, the stat analysis says so and one might say they got a wake up call last week, but I would never bet a line that large at any time, and Texas is likely to take the starters out earlier than usual to give other players gametime and to prevent injury, they don't need to blow out Colorado to hold their BCS position. They could, but I don't think they should or will.

There's a lot of smart people out there who analyze stocks, IMO, they could make a better yearly ROI if they applied the same careful methodologies to sports betting instead.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think both SC's and Texas' D's are terrible.

I mean, the Rose Bowl might have over 100 combined points.

And SC's special teams is worse than horrible. Maurice Drew from UCLA will have a field day - but they should beat the tar out of UCLA.
    And Colorodo was good. I was impressed with them when they came to the OB, but I think they've given up. So, Texas wins big - 3 TD's at least.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.23%

up by 6 td's so far.

see u in pasadena
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.23%

in before texas puts up 100
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.64%

Smile

Gary Barnett and the Buffs get what they deserve again. I love it. Against Nebraska and Texas, the final score is 100-6. They are a dirty program that should have fired that jerk when they had the chance.
  10. Hang'n & Bang'n
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.33%

Quote Originally Posted by olb33
    up by 6 td's so far.

see u in pasadena
    Against an unranked team... what does that really say?? They had an easier schedule than SC playing agianst only 3 ranked teams. They're going to get a wake-up call in Pasadena.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.24%

The Horns looked powerfully impressive yesterday, but who wants to bet against Pete Carroll's biggame planning and prep with a month to heal injuries?

How crazy is college football? Fresno State goes blow to blow with SC, and then gets beaten by Nevada and La Tech, damn.

For once, the BCS system got it right. Texas and Southern Cal, oh yeah.
  12. Hang'n & Bang'n
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.33%

I thought SC looked much more impressive spanking a #11 or 12 ranked team (at the time of game) than Texas stomping a nobody team.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.57%

I hate the Buffs mostly because I hate The People's Republic of Boulder.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%

God.
    I really, really hate hearing that Carroll is somehow a good coach now.

He ****ing sucked ass in the NFL.

It's an inditement as to just how mediocre college football is that Carroll is considered a good coach.
    That in and of itself depresses me.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.64%

I'm not a USC fan, but to say a man who has won two National Cahmpionship's in two years is not a good coach is just plain ignorant. Steve Spurrier is just one example of a good college coach ,who did not make a good NFL coach. There are many other examples. As well as good NFL coaches like Bill Walsh, who do not make good College coaches.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

Quote Originally Posted by AFOX
    I'm not a USC fan, but to say a man who has won two National Cahmpionship's in two years is not a good coach is just plain ignorant. Steve Spurrier is just one example of a good college coach ,who did not make a good NFL coach. There are many other examples. As well as good NFL coaches like Bill Walsh, who do not make good College coaches.
    Oh no, you mentioned Bill Walsh, a man I literally worship. He kicked ass in college too bro, just have to stand up for the man
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.04%

pretty sure they dont anymore...i went to the k-state texas game **** ya! k-state won lol and i live in nebraska huskers all the way but still...haha texas sux
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%

I love it. Talking sh*t to a guy that's been banned.

BTW - hopefully Neb and Miami can meet up in a national title game again. We are 3-1 against you guys.
    (Que the pic of the Neb. fan with the big red cowboy hat on all glum at the 2002 Rose Bowl. )
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.04%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80

I love it. Talking sh*t to a guy that's been banned.

BTW - hopefully Neb and Miami can meet up in a national title game again. We are 3-1 against you guys.
    (Que the pic of the Neb. fan with the big red cowboy hat on all glum at the 2002 Rose Bowl. )
    i was doing a search on stuff and saw the topic title didnt pay attention to him being banned

Similar Forum Threads

1. List of all PH's, and what they do!!!!!
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 01:47 PM
  2. Thoughts about mixing your own injectables
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2002, 03:51 AM
  3. To all the experienced 1-Test users
    By Lifeguard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 11:17 PM
  4. good article ! all read !!!!