Awards
  • Established
lol

i guess we'll see next weekend when OSU beats them

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Big statement coming from the team known as Oklahoma's bitch. The Shoe under the lights is going to be too much for you guys. Your QB has no arm, your placekicker stunk it up yesterday and now has no confidence. With special teams being so important in a great matchup like this, how is he going to fare kicking at night away from home with yesterday's performance hanging over his head? How is Vince going to get a play off or your o-line going to wait for the call with 105,000+ drunk fans screaming their heads off? I've been to a night game at the Shoe before, and the fans alone are too much for any team to handle. I say your total offense will be lucky to hit 200 yards after losses and penalties.

THE Ohio State University- 30 Oklahoma's bitch - 6

COOK 'EM!!!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big statement coming from the team known as Oklahoma's bitch. The Shoe under the lights is going to be too much for you guys. Your QB has no arm, your placekicker stunk it up yesterday and now has no confidence. With special teams being so important in a great matchup like this, how is he going to fare kicking at night away from home with yesterday's performance hanging over his head? How is Vince going to get a play off or your o-line going to wait for the call with 105,000+ drunk fans screaming their heads off? I've been to a night game at the Shoe before, and the fans alone are too much for any team to handle. I say your total offense will be lucky to hit 200 yards after losses and penalties.

COOK 'EM!!!
Man you can talk. We own the overall record against Oklahoma so their really our bitch. Your stadium is impressive, but you forget that Texas is known for football, and big football games we are used to. There are over a million ppl every year at the Texas OU game nothing new. It will be a good game, but if you think we are going to lose b/c our kicker missed some PAT's then you are certainly delusional.

It will be a good game so let's just wait and see.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Man you can talk. We own the overall record against Oklahoma so their really our bitch. Your stadium is impressive, but you forget that Texas is known for football, and big football games we are used to. There are over a million ppl every year at the Texas OU game nothing new. It will be a good game, but if you think we are going to lose b/c our kicker missed some PAT's then you are certainly delusional.

It will be a good game so let's just wait and see.
thank god there is atleast one sane person in the bunch

we already proved last yr what vince young can do to what the best he big 10 has to offer

its gonna really suck to see osu crying after they see what real football is all about

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
should be a good/interesting game. Being a Michigan fan, I hate both teams now.. I guess I'll be pulling for :gulp: UT in this one though.. :aargh: I can't believe I just said/typed that............

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
thats ok, we know that michigan fans' opinions dont matter anyway

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like neither, but I think OSU will win. Looks like they have a nice D from what I saw against the powerhouse Miami of Ohio. It'll be a good game for sure, but back to the nature at hand (FSU and Miami :))

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm a michgan fan so it pains me to say this but i think osu will win...it will be low scoring game vince ran all over us last year but the osuy defense is a different animal give me 24 -17 OSU....oh and miami is winning today...not sure for the 3.5 cover but they win

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Miami OH was not that big of a slouch. They are picked by some to win the MAC and I saw spreads as low as 7, and we were 34-0 at the end of three before throwing the scrub team in. Texas opened up against a great high school team with a lot more on their mind than football in ULL.

OSU is not Michigan, who backed their way into the Rose Bowl last year. Michigan's d is still crap this year. Congrats on using OSU's gameplan to defeat them last year.

Finally, I wish Texas would lose it's ego as being the biggest football state in the US. Ohio invented football, the hall is here, and percapita is just a big of football state as Texas. The NFL's Hall of Fame Game is played at a high school stadium in Canton. Texas is a big football town, granted, but you can also argue Ohio, Cali, Florida, and even Pennsylvania against it all day.

Michigan fans, it's ok to pick the Bucks. We pick scUM all the way up until The Game. It's better for the polls this way.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Miami OH was not that big of a slouch. They are picked by some to win the MAC and I saw spreads as low as 7, and we were 34-0 at the end of three before throwing the scrub team in. Texas opened up against a great high school team with a lot more on their mind than football in ULL.

OSU is not Michigan, who backed their way into the Rose Bowl last year. Michigan's d is still crap this year. Congrats on using OSU's gameplan to defeat them last year.

Finally, I wish Texas would lose it's ego as being the biggest football state in the US. Ohio invented football, the hall is here, and percapita is just a big of football state as Texas. The NFL's Hall of Fame Game is played at a high school stadium in Canton. Texas is a big football town, granted, but you can also argue Ohio, Cali, Florida, and even Pennsylvania against it all day.

Michigan fans, it's ok to pick the Bucks. We pick scUM all the way up until The Game. It's better for the polls this way.
are you a student at MU ohio?

charliewat

Awards
Texas may be the most enthusiastic football state but All the best players come out of Big 10 Country.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Texas may be the most enthusiastic football state but All the best players come out of Big 10 Country.
thats for sure

once texas plays a team with d, they will get shut down. anyone can put a RB at QB and win a few games against shitty teams, make him throw and the game is over

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yes there are other states that have great football traditions, but nothing compared to Texas. Ohio has one large University when it comes to football. Texas also has a fervor for highschool football, I mean my old highschool has a jumbotron and stadium seating for crying out loud.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Do you really want to get into this? I concede that we're both right, but . . .

Yes there are other states that have great football traditions, but nothing compared to Texas. Ohio has one large University when it comes to football.
This is why I said per capita. Sure, OSU is the best known program, but there is also Bowling Green, Akron, Kent, Miami, Cinci, and Toledo. Youngstown is AA, but how many NC's did they win when Tressel was there? Mount Union is D-5, but they have the longest winning streak ever in college football and pretty much own that division.

Texas also has a fervor for highschool football, I mean my old highschool has a jumbotron and stadium seating for crying out loud.
Why do you think I mentioned the HOF Game? It is played at Canton McKinley HS. They play their games on the NFL Hall's freaking grounds. Canton's rivalry with the Massillon Tigers made the cover of Sports Illustrated. That game is known as the biggest hs football rivalry in the US. The Tigers had a movie made about them. Paul Brown coached there, as did Earl Bruce. Then you've got the big schools in Cinci and Cleveland. You should see the **** Anthony Munoz donated to his kids' high school, it's sick.

Like I said, you could argue this **** all day, there is no right answer.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
thats right cuz texas football owns all :)

god i loved growing up in longhorn country

biggunther

Awards
  • Established
thats right cuz texas football owns all :)

god i loved growing up in longhorn country
Vince Young is going to break up the Ohio State D, and for the record Oklahoma has no QB this year. TCU beat them...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you really want to get into this? I concede that we're both right, but . . .

This is why I said per capita. Sure, OSU is the best known program, but there is also Bowling Green, Akron, Kent, Miami, Cinci, and Toledo. Youngstown is AA, but how many NC's did they win when Tressel was there? Mount Union is D-5, but they have the longest winning streak ever in college football and pretty much own that division.

Why do you think I mentioned the HOF Game? It is played at Canton McKinley HS. They play their games on the NFL Hall's freaking grounds. Canton's rivalry with the Massillon Tigers made the cover of Sports Illustrated. That game is known as the biggest hs football rivalry in the US. The Tigers had a movie made about them. Paul Brown coached there, as did Earl Bruce. Then you've got the big schools in Cinci and Cleveland. You should see the **** Anthony Munoz donated to his kids' high school, it's sick.

Like I said, you could argue this **** all day, there is no right answer.
We don't need to get into anything, just some freindly rib poking Binge.

By the way Friday night lights was a great movie

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
We don't need to get into anything, just some freindly rib poking Binge.

By the way Friday night lights was a great movie
I know, I was hoping you knew this was all good.

I must have seen my dad read Fri Night Lights 10 times when I was a kid, that and Woody Hayes bios.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Every state/region has their traditions & all.. I'm from MI, but now live in Louisiana. Watching SEC football is fun. The speed these guys have definitely keeps the games exciting.

As for this weekends games, I'll have to pull for the Buckeyes because I now hate UT due to last year's Rose Bowl.. Looking at the polls, I see OSU is right behind MI. If OSU beats UT, & MI beats ND, it's up in the air as to who takes over 2 & 3..

charliewat

Awards
I think Michigan blows ND out of the water this week and the Bucks have to much on D this year for anyone to stop em.

charliewat

Awards
This year Ohio States Offense has multiple options. Ill take the pepsi challange against any school with Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn as the best receiving duo. Zwick will no doubt start the game but by the time the game is over Troy Smith will be the man. I would bet that Troy Smith will end the game with better numbers then Vince Young.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rogue what HS did you attend in Austin?

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
UT WILL BEAT OSU, PERIOD!

That being said, nobody knock on my Horned Frogs. They controlled the Sooners the entire game IN NORMAN. They have a chance at un undefeated season, depending on the Louisville matchup....

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread has become quite amusing.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I attended Westlake. You have an impressive resume Rogue congrats.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Rogue - Wash. DC puts more players in the NFL per capita last I saw.
But, Florida was 2nd.

Never seen that stat for D-1A players.

biggunther

Awards
  • Established
Ryan - I went to Stephen F. for two years, then back to Detroit, then injury and bad attitude redshirt at UT, transfer to my hometown Michigan, all conference OLB when the Wolverines played mean Bo ball, mostly Will side with more speed then strength, undrafted free agent to the Atlanta Falcons,early 80's bad O and great D, one year playing and one with the practice team.

I finally decided, after much semi-deliberation, who I would root for on Saturday at 8,

HOOK 'EM HORNS

I can not tolerate anymore Drunken Fat Redneck Suckeye Trailer Trash No support the B10, Dog Dirty and Dull Columbus "We are the center of Football" no nothing about X 's and O's and never played the game board posting Crap all over every other teams's message boards without insight or invite, go the **** away with the final two words being - Please Die.

Not directed at anyone specifically here. :thumbsup: :hammer:
I went to SFA for a year. Great party school. That was back in 90..

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
man o man i cant wait

shitty thing is I play semi pro football. we had a bye this week. thursday our coach decides to schedule a non conf game to boost our points standing

what does this mean

IM GONNA MISS THE FUCKIN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have to record it to watch it tonight afterwards :(

but im gonna keep my cell on the sideline and call for updates :)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established

COOK 'EM!!!
Damn Ms. Cleo you were all over that one...:lol: Hook em Horns!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
For the most part an exciting game, but a bit sloppy at times. I still don't see anyone dethroning the Trojans this year.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I am so sad that they didn't win but on an up note, the Tide Rolled tonight

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another classic, they need to schedule more of these kind of games.

HORNS!

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Great game! I don't care for Ohio State, but I have to admit, those linebackers are friggin' studs! Talk about a solid core! UT lucked out in this one. Should be interesting now to see what happens w/ the BCS rankings... OSU, UofM, Iowa all lost today... :(