NFL player dies after the game - AnabolicMinds.com

NFL player dies after the game

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

NFL player dies after the game

Sad day yesterday. 49ers 23 year old OL Thomas Herrion collapsed and died after yesterday's game between SF & Denver.

2. Senior Member

saw that. sad to here about the young man. espn didnt say much about possible cause of death. any news?
    Sage
  3. Board Supporter

May he RIP
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    saw that. sad to here about the young man. espn didnt say much about possible cause of death. any news?
    Sage
    Nothing clear yet. I would have said heatstroke but the game was played in 61 degrees so I doubt it would be heatstroke.
  5. Advanced Member

A 310lb man, out of shape(don't tell me a man carrying that much fat is in shape), playing at Denver's altitude, pretty much tells me what happened.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Nothing clear yet. I would have said heatstroke but the game was played in 61 degrees so I doubt it would be heatstroke.
    It's very sad indeed. He was very young.

But he only played the final few minutes of the time. I'd say dehydration had a role in it. But heatstroke can occur in cooler temperatures. Reports are pending, could be 3-6 weeks though.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by salb3039
    It's very sad indeed. He was very young.

But he only played the final few minutes of the time. I'd say dehydration had a role in it. But heatstroke can occur in cooler temperatures. Reports are pending, could be 3-6 weeks though.
    Okay I didn't know it was likely he could die from heatstroke in cooler temperatures. Sir Foxx did bring up the point of Denver's altitude so yeah that played a role I'm sure. He was the first NFL player to die from game related incidents since Kory Stringer, whom was also a huge lineman.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Okay I didn't know it was likely he could die from heatstroke in cooler temperatures. Sir Foxx did bring up the point of Denver's altitude so yeah that played a role I'm sure. He was the first NFL player to die from game related incidents since Kory Stringer, whom was also a huge lineman.
    I doubt it was a heat stroke. Because he's hauling more weight and taking more air in, and Denver's thin air, I'd say that's what did the poor guy in. It's terrible to think of a pro athlete dying because of conditioning.
  9. CDB

How much you guys want to bet steroids will be named as a possible cause? Takers against? Anyone...?
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    How much you guys want to bet steroids will be named as a possible cause? Takers against? Anyone...?
    Good point. I'd say it will be speculated sometime over the next few weeks until official results are released.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    It would make another great media circus if they even found creatine in his house or locker room. I was thinking at the least they're going to mention supplements. When it could have been a genetic heart problem or who knows what. I'll pass on the bet since the media just wants to hear every bad thing about steroids these days.
  12. Board Sponsor

I am honestly surprised this has not happened sooner. The NFL needs to trim down. 350-400 pound linemen are not healthy, period.
  13. Really Really Good Looking

Quote Originally Posted by custom
    I am honestly surprised this has not happened sooner. The NFL needs to trim down. 350-400 pound linemen are not healthy, period.
    I forget but someone did a big peice on this I think ESPN after Reggie White died from his complications with Sleep Apneia.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by custom
    Damn straight. Most NFL linemen weren't 300~ until the Cowboys put some dinosaurs in the early 90's and everyone went big after that. The issue for these guys is making them practice in 100 degree weather with insane humidity 2 times a day.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

JUst a follow up dont know if this has been posted somewhere else here.

DENVER -- San Francisco 49ers lineman Thomas Herrion died from heart disease when he collapsed after a preseason game in Denver on Aug. 20, the Denver County coroner said Tuesday.

Herrion had ischemic heart disease, with significant blockage in his right coronary artery that caused the death of heart muscle, the city health department said in a news release. Herrion's heart was slightly enlarged.

Drug screens on Herrion's blood and urine found only atrophine, a drug administered when medical personnel tried to revive him.

Herrion, 23, was pronounced dead early on the morning of Aug. 21. The 6-foot-3, 310-pound guard was on the field for San Francisco's 14-play, 91-yard drive that ended with a touchdown with 2 seconds left.

Players had finished listening to coach Mike Nolan address them in a postgame meeting when Herrion collapsed. Medics administered CPR on him and took him to an ambulance that rushed him to a nearby hospital.

About three hours later, 49ers spokesman Aaron Salkin confirmed that Herrion had been pronounced dead.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Back in the game after 2 year break. Need advice
    By Gbaumer in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 09:34 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM