Owens and McNabb LOL

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - Donovan McNabb insisted he wasn't stung by criticism from Terrell Owens, laughing off the banished wide receiver's remarks before turning serious and telling him to "keep my name out of your mouth."

While Owens left his home for the Bahamas, McNabb joked with reporters, tapped the mikes and rubbed his hands together before taking his seat inside a jammed media tent shortly after Philadelphia's Friday practice.

"Yeah! C'mon, bring it!" McNabb said to laughter.

Owens again blasted McNabb on two separate interviews with ESPN on Thursday, calling the quarterback a "hypocrite" and saying the two of them could not be successful together.

Owens also said he had no desire to speak with McNabb.

"It's so funny to me how my name keeps getting thrown out there," McNabb said. "You've just got to have fun with it and that's exactly what we're doing."

Owens was told to go home Wednesday after a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid - and to stay there for a week.

He's since lifted weights and shot hoops in front of the reporters camped outside his house and hard harsh words for Reid and McNabb in TV interviews.

On Friday morning, Owens left his Moorestown, N.J., home with two suitcases and went to Philadelphia International Airport, where he told KYW-TV as he headed to a security gate: "I'm going to the Bahamas. I'm going to get a tan."

McNabb, light and smiling throughout his interview, agreed with Owens the two didn't necessarily have to speak to win.

"I still to this day see no reason for us to talk," McNabb said. "When we step on this field, it's all about business. We're professionals that line up and do the right thing."

This was the second time this year McNabb has warned Owens to stop talking about him.

After Owens complained that McNabb was tired in the Super Bowl, McNabb said, "Just keep my name out of your mouth," during a mandatory minicamp.

McNabb, who made a recruiting pitch to get Owens to Philadelphia before last season, was tired of hearing Owens complain.

"Now for my name to be thrown out again, this is the second time. Keep my name out of your mouth," he said. "Keep my family's name out of your mouth."

Owens called McNabb a "hypocrite" on Thursday because the quarterback said publicly that he did not want to meet with Owens, while T.O. said McNabb did try to arrange a meeting.

McNabb said he didn't learn until Thursday that his brother did reach out to someone close to Owens to arrange a meeting where the two Eagles could possibly work out their differences.

McNabb was bothered that Owens brought his family into his televised rants.

"My family doesn't need to be involved in any of this. I don't need to be involved in any of this," he said. "Now when you bring my family into it, I have a problem."
This fucking idiot can get along with anyone is seems. Gracia and 99% of the 49'ers in San Fran. Couldn't get along with Baltimore... cried to play with the Eagles and now can't get along with them.

What a fucking idiot. lol

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
This fucking idiot can get along with anyone is seems. Gracia and 99% of the 49'ers in San Fran. Couldn't get along with Baltimore... cried to play with the Eagles and now can't get along with them.

What a fucking idiot. lol
It's funny, it's takin' THIS MUCH for people to finally see through him. I knew he was bad news when things started going south in San Fran.

davisville64

Awards
Your both fogetting that he is the best WR in the league right now.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Who gives a ****?

That doesn't mean jack ****.

davisville64

Awards
Who gives a ****?

That doesn't mean jack ****.
Woah... chill man :cool:

It does too matter. If David Givens was giving us this kind of crap in New England, we would just let him go. This is TO your dealing with, and the Eagles can't reach the super bowl again with him.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Was he a big help last year? Yep. But they did get to the SB WITHOUT him.

When you start treating players with the treatment and status that you are giving him in this thread is where you run into problems. If coaches and owners would smack the snot out of these pissants from the beginning then wouldn't act like they do.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
And T.O. is gonna use his week off to go to the Bahamas and "work on his tan." This fucking guy.:aargh:
I can't blame him for making the best of his time off; but, he should be a man, call Andy Reid, apologize and get back to work. Oh wiat, I thought I was refering to someone that was a good person and not the most arrogant and selfish man in sports. 2nd year of your 7 year contract, honor it, it was your name you signed on the bottom line--were your fingers crossed?

Grow up! T.O. needed a mentor as a kid.

:nutkick:

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Your both fogetting that he is the best WR in the league right now.
I think this is an overstatement.

He is certainly ONE of the best; in terms of talent and ability, there is no disputing that.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
t.o need a life changing humbling experience like getting in a bad car accident and having his legs amputated only then will he stop acting lke a jackass

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think anything short of death couldn't shut this guy up.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Woah... chill man :cool:

It does too matter. If David Givens was giving us this kind of crap in New England, we would just let him go. This is TO your dealing with, and the Eagles can't reach the super bowl again with him.
Guys with his attitude are poison to a team. If it was my team he'd be gone.

/karp

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
do you guys remember that WR from the budwiser coms last year? thats how T.O sounds
what was his name, like leroy or something?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
TO has just gone bonkers. He's in a great situation where he can be a vital part to a Super Bowl contender and does **** like this. I honestly thought he'd stop being a drama queen because he was going to a contender. At least he cracks me up now. His latest thing is that people are hating on him like they hated on Jesus. How is he even comparing his situation to Jesus' situation :lol: Jesus would have given his millions to the poor people he hung around with and I don't think he'd do the same. Here's the quote.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3775220

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Talk about the man not the moron... anyone see DMacs entire press conference...

I for one am glad he was the 2nd pick of the draft instead of Ricky Williams... yes I wanted Ricky.. being old school NFC East..
But here is a man who was booed by the "Dirty Thirty" when he was drafted... Put up with the Limbaugh stuff and now this...
MVP season coming right up!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Talk about the man not the moron... anyone see DMacs entire press conference...

I for one am glad he was the 2nd pick of the draft instead of Ricky Williams... yes I wanted Ricky.. being old school NFC East..
But here is a man who was booed by the "Dirty Thirty" when he was drafted... Put up with the Limbaugh stuff and now this...
You Philly fans are harcore LOL. You guys booed Mike Schmidt (the best modern day 3rd baseman), Michael Irvin, pelted other teams with battery filled snowballs, and I've even seen a Philly fan throw a urine bomb at a Cowboys fan in a 49ers vs Bucs game, that was insane :lol:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
You Philly fans are harcore LOL. You guys booed Mike Schmidt (the best modern day 3rd baseman), Michael Irvin, pelted other teams with battery filled snowballs, and I've even seen a Philly fan throw a urine bomb at a Cowboys fan in a 49ers vs Bucs game, that was insane :lol:
You forgot snowballed Santa! Urine bombs!?! Now that is where I get off the bus...

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
yup philly fans are.... um well they are assholes if you dont like philly teams. i was born and raised 20 min north of philly and boy did i hear it from all my friends about being a Bills fan. even got into a fight with one of my boys while we were playing a football game on playstation, cause i beat the eagles with the bills. crazy crazy people but they are a lot of fun to hang out with and drink with aslong as when chant starts you bust out with E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!!!!!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
It`s funny this thing will backfire on TO... from what I can gather the Birds deperately want him to play but are fully willing to go ahead without him... and there is no way he gets cut or traded... (correction) the Eagles structured his contract as such they will take a minimal cap hit but then he wins!... if you listen to David Joseph he says TO was not presented with a waiver to play in the SB.. Joe Banner also said "That is absolutely untrue... we talked about a waiver then decided that if TO was willing to risk so were we." ... and how the hell do you keep a waiver secret from the NFLPA? Or is TO so deluded he thinks a medical release form for the DOC is a waiver for the Eagles? Which happens to be the same Doc that Grant Hill blames for screwing up his foot!

Now ask yourself who is advising this man? He stands to loose 1.87Mill of the money he already got along with fines for everyday of Minis he missed... suspended for 4 games at a time at a cost of $820,000 per violation... not to mention the damage he does to his already less than stellar rep:toofunny: ! And which QB wants him on his team now that he trashed 2 Pro bowlers already? Or which coach wants to baby sit him? And which owner will pay him a $10,000,000 signing bonus and hope he doesn`t go off the reservation again?

Do you belive Rosenhaus knows what is going on? Then why was he shaking his head yes and TO is going NO! How much longer if your Rosenhaus do you work for free knowing this guy is flushing his future and your money down the drain?

What a waste!

Last edited:
EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
yup philly fans are.... um well they are assholes if you dont like philly teams. i was born and raised 20 min north of philly and boy did i hear it from all my friends about being a Bills fan. even got into a fight with one of my boys while we were playing a football game on playstation, cause i beat the eagles with the bills. crazy crazy people but they are a lot of fun to hang out with and drink with aslong as when chant starts you bust out with E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!!!!!
Hey I resemble that remark :aargh:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You forgot snowballed Santa! Urine bombs!?! Now that is where I get off the bus...
I saw the urine bomb bro. I was 2 rows behind a kid who was 18-19 with his girl. This guy was wearing an Aikman jersey. The Eagles fan was 1 row in front of me. he kept talking **** to the Cowboy fan all game long and was insisting that 49ers fans help him "teach the boy a lesson because Aikman sucks" and threw a bag filled with urine at the terrifed poor SOB :toofunny:

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good.. except.. who is he going to throw the ball too?

This reminds me of the first part of last year when Carolina had all the pieces... but they were all hurt... LOL

McNabb could very well be poised to have a season that would be remembered, however, I ask again, who is going to catch what he throws? It looks like the team of 3 or 4 years ago; with a an upgraded D.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The Eagles don't need Owens, they do need decent recievers and they will win the superbowl - if they address the wideout position - they will be fine. Owens isn't a Quarterback he isn't even a Runningback. He isn't even the best player on his team (McNabb is). If the Patriots can win the superbowl over and over without a 'game-breaker' like Owens - please believe the Eagles can.

Although he is a great player, Owens attitude isn't the mark of a champion, and he will prevent the Eagles from reaching that status so long as he is there.

They should go get a reciever will less talent and less baggage and they should get the NFC Championship. They have core of the team already built.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
did Otter say Aikman sucks, I guess a guy with that many superbowl rings sucks, typical philly fan still bitter, about all the ass kickens they have gotten from him in the past....

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good.. except.. who is he going to throw the ball too?

This reminds me of the first part of last year when Carolina had all the pieces... but they were all hurt... LOL

McNabb could very well be poised to have a season that would be remembered, however, I ask again, who is going to catch what he throws? It looks like the team of 3 or 4 years ago; with a an upgraded D.
The WR don`t worry me as much as no back up to LJ or BWes... think everyone will be surprised with the WR this year:clap2:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
did Otter say Aikman sucks, I guess a guy with that many superbowl rings sucks, typical philly fan still bitter, about all the ass kickens they have gotten from him in the past....
ummm.... yea... and how many concussion did we give him? Bet he still sees #21 comin` off the corner:nutkick:

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
im not a philly fan bro. he just sucks

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
im not a philly fan bro. he just sucks
He may not have been the best ever but he's fuckin bad ass. The guy was clutch in big games most of his career. He didn't really need to post big numbers because he didn't have to throw more than 25 passes a game in Dallas' scheme.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Rayburn/Simoneau for Robert Ferguson... Do it Now!

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Phily with no T.O will be smashed on in the NFC championship against the Falcons in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome. Philly is hurting on WR's hard.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
You are correct, only it will be the Carolina Panthers ;)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Smashed on and the Falcons... you do know those two are mutually exclusive :rasp:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Both of you are aware you play the AFC East right?

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
Both of you are aware you play the AFC East right?
yeah yeah son!! da AFC east will be rippin a nice size chunk out some peoples asses dis season.
well maybe not miami but the pats, bills and jets will be showing the nlf as a whole how to play

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
This thing has gone to far... now Limbaugh wants to play peacemaker:trout:

All we need now is a midget, a couple of clowns and a bearded lady :jaw:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Limbaugh thinks he can bring DMc and TO back together... um Yea anything is possible :confused:

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Limbaugh and T.O., talk about clash of the egos, maybe they can share some oxycotin and just talk openly, lol...............

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
The more I learn about this the more I admire Lurie and Co...

The Eagles have structured TO`s contract to protect themselves in case of such idiocity(is that a word?) and to reward TO for being a good boy!
His bonus money is such that it counts as incentive and will not escalate against the cap... Gene Upshaw calls TO
"eminately tradeable" due to the structure... not only that but there are so many clauses (NFLPA calls them landmines and booby traps)
the Eagles put in there to keep TO inline... you get the feeling they saw this coming... go ahead say "It`s not fair, Poor TO".. SCREW him!
When you have a billion dollar business you protect it... besides didn`t TO say " I want to prove I deserve the money." And should the Birds decide
to suspend him for the year... the NFLPA doesn`t even know if he has a case... Upshaw says "We will take it as far as we can, but how far that is we don`t know."

Cut him(not), trade him(never), make him sit... or show up, shut up and suit up.. it`s his choice.. it will only cost him $5,370,000 to sit on his ass this year

Stay tuned sports fans WED. is coming right up!

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The more I learn about this the more I admire Lurie and Co...
Nobody hating on Joe Banner now!

I don't think Gene Upshaw or anyone at the players union wants to go to bat for TO. I doubt Gene agrees with a player blowing off his coach, or approves of the ridiculous demands of a player basically failing to honor his contract after 1 year!

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another example of how being a spoiled pro athlete, makes them loose sight of reality is the fact T.O. has been ragging on his Quarterback, HE IS THE FREAKING GUY THAT THROWS U THE DAMN BALL, and helps him get his bonus. A Good Athlete, yes An intelligent person, NO.............

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Nobody hating on Joe Banner now!

I don't think Gene Upshaw or anyone at the players union wants to go to bat for TO. I doubt Gene agrees with a player blowing off his coach, or approves of the ridiculous demands of a player basically failing to honor his contract after 1 year!
Yea from dufus to genius in a couple of years huh? :lol:

As a union rep, and I can only go by my experience as one here ( Shipbuilders and IBEW), it is your job to defend your men no matter what. And that is the hardest part.. when you have a bumb and he deserves to get screwed you still have to go to bat for them...

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
for real?!! what happend? what was said?
This time, Rush Limbaugh wants to help Donovan McNabb, not criticize him.

Limbaugh, who once said the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed, wants to help McNabb and wide receiver Terrell Owens settle their differences on his radio show.

"I am here to offer and to assist. I can,'' Limbaugh said on his nationally syndicated radio show Friday, according to a transcript on his Web site. "I could bring these two guys together. I've been there, folks, and I could do this, and I'm serious in my desire to do it.''

"This rift cannot be allowed to continue, ladies and gentlemen. It just can't, and I would like to offer this program as a means of getting these two Americans and star players back together,'' Limbaugh said. "They may not want to talk to each other face-to-face, but perhaps they would join me on this program and speak to each other telephonically via this program and settle this.''

Think he needs the ratings boost or what !?!

liftin mama

Awards
hahha...i dont know about all that...but i cannot believe how greedy he's acting....especially in front of millions of people...

he's definitely loosing many philly fans..
t.o need a life changing humbling experience like getting in a bad car accident and having his legs amputated only then will he stop acting lke a jackass

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
http://www.terrellowens.com/press/news.php?newsid=34
Terrell Owens would like to publicly thank his fans for their continued, and unwavering support.

Despite all the negative publicity, the fans have remained objective, and optimistic. This positive reinforcement has inspired Terrell to work as hard as he can to improve on last years standout season. He plans to catch more balls than he ever has, and believes his on-the-field heroics will far outweigh any off-field criticism thrown his way. Through his actions, Terrell has continued to defy the negative speculation that has surrounded him, and he has proven himself to be a professional.

Despite all the rumors and innuendo Terrell has shown up to work on time, and from the moment he arrived he has given his all, picking up right where he left off in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for Terrell, this gung-ho approach led to the aggravation of a nagging groin injury. Realizing that this could have been perceived as a negotiating ploy, Terrell has done everything possible to accelerate his rehab.

Regrettably, recent events have unfolded in a way that may paint a negative picture of Terrell. This situation has mushroomed far beyond what should be considered adequate coverage, and Terrell has become the media’s favorite whipping boy. While this is discouraging, Terrell knows this is part of the business. To the fans he simply says that this was an isolated incident that was not premeditated. Terrell in no way wishes to be a disruption to the ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl. In fact Terrell has gone out of his way to diffuse the tension by keeping to himself in all non-practice related affairs. During practice and work related situations he has been and will be attentive and responsive; Terrell only asks what every other worker in America asks for, respect and dignity.

Terrell will return to camp and continue to display the work ethic, and on-the-field dedication that has made him one of the world’s most elite athletes. For you the fan, and your continued support in the most difficult of times, Terrell plans to reward you with a season for the ages. Where small men succumb, great men overcome!

Last but not least Terrell would like to extend his appreciation for the continued support from all the members on Terrrellowens.com Message Board.
Hopefully all this media circus will subside, football will continue and I can pick Terrell for my fantasy team.:D

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Props to Hines Ward for being a man/making TO look like even more of an asshat!

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
he's definitely loosing many philly fans..
So true. I just got off the phone with a friend who was a huge TO fan last year, even spent $90 for his name on her jersey. She said she just threw the jersey in the trash.

With the letter that the team sent him, Rosenhaus, the NFL, and NFLPA, I think TO is all but done. If he doesn't show up tomorrow with his tail firmly between his legs apologizing to everyone, I bet he gets suspended for the season with no PAY! The Eagles will not trade him, they will make him sit all year and lose major money for himself and for Rosenhaus. Not out of spite, but just to set precedent. Look at Westbrook, he thought about sitting out but realized it would get him nothing based on the way the team dealt with TO.