T.O. Walks out of camp

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
It's all over ESPN, seems he had an altercation with Andy Reid. Owens packed up and left. Sometimes I really wonder what is going thru his head. I hope he just ends up sitting out the season so I can stop hearing about him. It's clear the Eagles wont give him a new contract or trade him. So he needs to either shut up and play or shut up and sit out. Either way his teammates are probably getting frustrated with his antics.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
They need to cut him like the Bucs did with Keyshawn. Its about time the teams started to hold players to their contracts.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Go figure. This guy is a Grade A Moron. He just blew any chance of getting a new contract. Dump him and cut your losses.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Problem is they can't just dump him. With Pinkston out for the year, and FredEx gone, if he leaves they're basically down to a #3 reciever in his 2nd yr (Lewis) and a rookie starting at WR. They won't get dick for him in a trade and he's basically making himself untradeable with the way he's acting. He has some leverage now, and I bet thats why he's gonna act up til he gets his way. The guys they have are decent, but now they really need him. I wish they would tell him to get fucked, but they can't.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Problem is they can't just dump him. With Pinkston out for the year, and FredEx gone, if he leaves they're basically down to a #3 reciever in his 2nd yr (Lewis) and a rookie starting at WR. They won't get dick for him in a trade and he's basically making himself untradeable with the way he's acting. He has some leverage now, and I bet thats why he's gonna act up til he gets his way. The guys they have are decent, but now they really need him. I wish they would tell him to get fucked, but they can't.
In my eyes he has absolutely no leverage. He's digging himself a bigger hole. The Eagles WILL NOT give in, I can guarantee that. I would focus on signing Westbrook to a long term deal. He's a much bigger asset to the Eagles than Owens is.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Of course, there's a lot of math and paperwork involved... but, I'd trade him for just about anything. Then again, I don't like the Eagles, so I hope they keep him. He's got great ability, but he's poison.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt trade him for a 6th rd draft pick, Id much rather him sit out so no other team has his talent available. And at the rate he is making his inability to put himself on the same level as his teammates apparent, the Eagles would probably be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
In my eyes he has absolutely no leverage. He's digging himself a bigger hole. The Eagles WILL NOT give in, I can guarantee that. I would focus on signing Westbrook to a long term deal. He's a much bigger asset to the Eagles than Owens is.
I would love to see the eagles just dump him but can they honestly afford to? Yeah, they've been to the title games and Super bowl without him but obviously they feel they need him or else they would have practically given him away already like the niners did. Westbrook is important but look at their options at WR now. This is a team making trying to make a Super Bowl run here, like it or not, they need him. He didn't score in the SB but he put them in position to score and made some clutch plays when they needed it. I can't stand him either and i hope they don't give in but i don't see how you think he doesn't have some leverage now. Not only is he poison but everybody knows the Eagles have to do something with him so they'd be lucky to get a 7th rounder and a bag of chips for him. Let him sit and they're back to the days of Mcnabb and Duce/Buckhalter/Westbrook/whichever RB isn't hurt at the time carrying the team again.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
ahhh send him to the raiders with moss thats were all the crybabies go... then again the raiders would have the best recievers in the game hmmmmmm

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
If I were the owner I would start shopping him around ASAP while the fans in Philly hate him. The guy is trash, I'm so glad the Niners dumped him. I bet the Ravens are happy TO didn't end up playing for them after all.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
We all knew he was a jackass (us philly fans). The only thing I care about is him catching passes and scoring touchdowns. He does this very well so I respect his ability. For our sake I hope this gets resolved having one of the top receivers in the game is a big help to any offense.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh what a suprise :rolleyes:

Talented but drama queen.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
LMAO, why am I not surprised he doing this ? This guy bitched about how he could play pro basketball but the Niners wouldn't let him. He bitched about his teammates in SF not being 'nice' to him. He bitched about Mooch, Jeff Garcia, the defense, blamed kickers, and yelled at his coaches during games. The only reason he didn't bitch early in his career is because Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Ken Norton, Tim McDonald & George Seifert would have kicked his ass for acting stupid like they almost did with Ricky Watters.

This is a major clusterfuck for Philly. They really can't afford to dump him. It's August 10, season starts Sept. 11. Getting a new receiver to learn the playbook in that amount of time is highly inconvenient and the guy is an All-Pro. They will need 1,000-1,200 yards receiving from Brian Westbrook if TO sits out. LJ Shelton is their only other solid receiver at tight end. If the Eagles get rid of him, it would have to be a superstar player to make it worth it from a talent stand point, but no one will do this at this point.

BTW, I agree with jminis, I don't really care if these guys are dicks outside of the playing field as long as they show up and do their job. They don't get paid to be nice people off the field.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure Reid sent him home. We'll see on SC tonight.
I agree the Eagles should consider parting with Terrell Owens, but honestly without him (this season) they are sooo thin at wideout

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Let's wait and get both sides of the story here guys. As usual, the media will blow anything out of proportion and probably already has. TO is usually all business when it comes to practice and preparation, so let's see what really happened.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Andy Reid blew him out and hasn't asked for his presence until next wednesday from what I understand.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Reid and TO got into it after TO showed up and ran routes at practice...remember he is supposed to be nursing a sore groin and was told to sit for a few...then he shows up with out clearance and runs like nothing ever happened (to his groin that is)... now it is about Reid disrespecting TO by telling him to shut up... he also blew off another autograph session... but there is way more here than most are saying

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
you shouldn't berate your coach, no matter what.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Reid and TO got into it after TO showed up and ran routes at practice...remember he is supposed to be nursing a sore groin and was told to sit for a few...then he shows up with out clearance and runs like nothing ever happened (to his groin that is)... now it is about Reid disrespecting TO by telling him to shut up... he also blew off another autograph session... but there is way more here than most are saying
Yeah but it would be hard to believe TO is the victim here because he always acts like the victim, he always has someone to blame for everything, and he never takes responsability for his mistakes. When the media asks him questions he claims that they're 'out to get me'

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior - he's just trying to feed his starving family.
hey, he said it.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
No doubt! I said it last year ...

I hear ya! We heard the same stories about him. He hasn`t shown any of this, but let`s see what happens next year. If you wanted to prove someone wrong you would show up and be a good soldier, and that is what he has done. Like I said we will see next year.
He has to be the biggest baby in Pro sports... doing situps and curls in his drive way with the media... then saying "If Andy wants me to be a man and tell what happened I will."... now he plays for the Birds or gets suspended for the year and then cut... who is gonna give this moron a 10mill signing bonus next year?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Redskins might, Daniel Snyder has a habit of that.
:whiner: whomp..whomp..whomp....

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
TO just likes being the center of attention. I think he was neglected as a child.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior - he's just trying to feed his starving family.
hey, he said it.
:toofunny: it must suck feeding his one kid on a multi-million dollar deal, plus the millions he's already made, unless he spend them on private basketball coaches to get him NBA ready. He actually said to the Bay Area media that his dream is to do a successful cross over from the NFL to the NBA.

Hey if Snyder gets him at least you'll get to see some funny end zone dances LOL.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
anyone that does an interview while doing arm curls and crunches is a farging loser... who does he think he is... apollo creed

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: it must suck feeding his one kid on a multi-million dollar deal, plus the millions he's already made, unless he spend them on private basketball coaches to get him NBA ready. He actually said to the Bay Area media that his dream is to do a successful cross over from the NFL to the NBA.

Hey if Snyder gets him at least you'll get to see some funny end zone dances LOL.
He said it is his brother and sister in college and thier kids he was talking about :food:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I jumped off the Redskin wagon, they have absolutely no direction whatsoever. I think I'm a Carolina Panthers fan, greatly underrated (or maybe underappriciated) team. I think Julius Peppers is the single best athlete in the NFL (that includes Michael Vick).
Peppers isn't going to scamble for 70yards, but for a 290lbs guy he can chase Vick sideline to sideline, intercept passes as well as a safety, hopefully he won't busted for steroids... shh...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
He said it is his brother and sister in college and thier kids he was talking about :food:
:lol: that's the first time I heard that one. Might as well include their pets while he's at it. He talks just because he has a mouth and wants everyone to feel sorry for him because he 'outperformed' his contract, or was unfairly traded to the Ravens etc.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
this guy sucks (watching 'his side' of the story). and the rule they made for him (Roy Williams Rule) is ridiculous. used to be a fan of Owens, but now he is honestly worse than Randy Moss.

he called Andy Reid an expletive (referring to his mormonism), and he got sent home from school.

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Terrell wants to play with Vick now. Give me a break. McNabb is a lot better than Vick. He should shut his mouth.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Im from Philly, and I hope that they keep him under contract, but TO hold out this year and the next 5 years, and we play one man short on the roster, pay him nothing and he never touches the field again.:rasp:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
im all for that.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Im from Philly, and I hope that they keep him under contract, but TO hold out this year and the next 5 years, and we play one man short on the roster, pay him nothing and he never touches the field again.:rasp:
:goodpost:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
this guy sucks (watching 'his side' of the story). and the rule they made for him (Roy Williams Rule) is ridiculous. used to be a fan of Owens, but now he is honestly worse than Randy Moss.

he called Andy Reid an expletive (referring to his mormonism), and he got sent home from school.
Roy Williams hurt 3 guys last year with a horse collar tackle not just TO.. Calico-Titans and Smith from the Ravens if I remember correctly!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
How do you tell your OC ( Brad Childress) "You don`t talk to me!"... and of course TO explains yet again "He must approach me in a Professional setting."

Supposedly TO will pour his heart out on a major network ... maybe tonight can`t wait for this one :ntome:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
One more thing he has not been suspended the Eagles say he has been excused from camp!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
How do you tell your OC ( Brad Childress) "You don`t talk to me!"... and of course TO explains yet again "He must approach me in a Professional setting."

Supposedly TO will pour his heart out on a major network ... maybe tonight can`t wait for this one :ntome:
Yes he does have a track record of feeling superior than his coaches. He forgot to learn that respecting your coaches part from Jerry Rice

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Roy Williams hurt 3 guys last year with a horse collar tackle not just TO.. Calico-Titans and Smith from the Ravens if I remember correctly!
but now, the rule was made after he hurt Terrell Owens...
;) see what i mean? :)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
This was looked at several times before... Dorsey Levens had his leg snapped in G.B. buy D. Brooks with the same tackle to name just one ...

It just took a star of MeO`s(TO) magnitude to cause the change... and I agree... you can`t tackle a man by the face mask or the earhole or any part of the bottom of the helmet... so why should you be able to stick your hand down the back of his jersey and grab his pads at the neck...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the rule isn't going to stop it from happening, obviously. If a defensive player is chasing someone down he'll grab whatever he can (outside of the facemask).

Imagine going back to the bench after chasing someone for 50yards and not attempting to tackle the player. Explain that to ball coach.

this is all very interesting, knowing the Eagles fans they will boo owens until he leaves. In this instance - it may be justified

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
It`s funny... everyone , well almost(CSN did a poll TO goes 67% Stays 33% with 15k votes)
so he is more trouble than he`s worth...but if he shuts up and shows up and plays... all will be forgiven..

Doubt it though he is saying "Give me my money or get rid of me."

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i mean this has gone far beyond show me the money (so I can feed my family). He is liability on a superbowl team.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
MeO...MeO...MeO..MeeeeOOO... MeO...MeO!

sorry had to get that out... God I hated that song even when things were nicey nicey with MeO

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if any of you just caught TO's interview with Chris Berman during halftime of the Packers-Chargers game today. Love him or hate him, he did make these valid points.#1-He signed a waiver to take away financial liability away from the team in case his injury got worse and they cut him. BTW, I still think he's punk because he did crack down on McNabb again. Berman asked him if he thought they (TO & D-Nabb) could still thrive and he said he didn't know because they've put him in a bad situation. He constantly said "they're not making me happy" LOL

Too bad for him and the Eagles. I thought that maybe, just maybe he'd shut up and play as long as he played for a Super Bowl contender but he can't do that.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Saw it and laughed... he called it a secret waiver.. LIE.. everyone knew he would have to sign one!

Rosenhaus said MeO is not one of the top 10 paid recievers... LIE!

Called DMc a hypocrite... this from a man who says "It`s all business" then takes personnel shots at his coach, QB and teammates

Imagine that... you and your Boss get in an arguement and he tells you to shut up... but you don`t have too because he ain`t your daddy:rofl:

:nutkick: Reid---> MeO

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Phily has stated that TO plays for them or NOONE and NO renegotiations. That is awesome and the way it should be. You don't sign a 7 year deal and after the first year, throw a hissy fit and be anti-social/disruptive at camp to prove your point. Man-up and honor your contract, at least for a few years.

Hines Ward deserves a new contract, however he is still under contract. Man-up and honor your contract. Pittsburgh states they won't deal with him unless he shows up for camp, times running short. Atleast show up to camp.

Maybe 'Million Dollar Baby' should have had a different plot and involve NFL divas.

Last edited: