The Heat just loaded up!

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap!

For me to talk NBA after NFL camps open is really odd... but The Heat just loaded up in a big way!

After a monster trade deal (the largest in NBA history) involving 5 teams and 13 players; The Heat... right after signing Shaq to a new deal... pick up Antoine Walker and Jason Williams.

They also got Andre Emmett from Memphis and the draft rights to Roberto Duenas of Spain.

But man... look at their starting 5 now! That's got to make them solid picks to get back to the Eastern Finals if not beyond now.

Anywho... back to football now... :rolleyes:

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I wanna see how Shaq and DWade are gonna react the first time the game is close and Antoine is chucking up 3's everytime down the court. It took him awhile to get accept playing second fiddle to Pierce in Boston but he still made sure he got his shots, I wonder how he's gonna handle being the 3rd option. There's a reason he's been on 4 teams in the past 2 years and nobody wanted to re-sign him. I really like Williams and Posey in that deal and all the teams made out in this trade except Utah (what the hell were they thinking?)

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Shaq will make him "understand", that's why Shaq is the man. I mean how could you even challenge his authority? I think they loaded up in a good way, pretty much making htem unstoppable in the Eastern Conf. Jay Will is a great addition too I love the way he started to play in Memphis he's still got game.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
They just gotta play some Defense and they'll win.
Walker isn't ideal says me, Eddie Jones is a better 'role player'
Walker likes to fire away and miss.

Brock Landers

Awards
I give Riley some credit here....he did the same thing with the Lakers making them into Showtime....and he tried to do this with the Heat before Mourning was diagnosed with his kidney problem....The wild card will be Walker...but if he screws up, Sheriff Shaq will put the smack down and Riley will waive that guy faster than he can blink.

Many people underestimate James Posey in this deal, he is a tremendous defender (better than EJ) and 6 years younger than him. The only thing I know for sure is that my season tix just got a helluva lot more value to them now....Cant wait!!!!

Everyone here in Miami is holding their breath that this one works out................

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
posey is sweet for sure. And a healthy Shaq and Wade would have beaten the Pistons this past year anyway. I don't like Walker, he is worse than Shaq from the line.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think the addition of Walker and Williams is negative.

Those 2 are head cases, if there ever were.

And Shaq was complaining last year that he didn't get the ball enough in the playoffs. Imagine this season? JWill and 'Toine jacking up 3's like nobody's business. Not good for the Heat, IMO.

Bottom line, I think this makes the good chemistry the Heat had last year worst.