Palmeiro to be suspended for steroids; denies use

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Definately watching Outside the Lines tonight. This is really fucked. I believed this guy the most during the Steroid hearings too. Maybe he should be a politician, he's a pretty good liar. I'm starting to think Canseco was telling the the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Nate - read Canseco's book. He was portrayed by the media as a complete 'meathead' bitter asshole and liar. But he does a lot of stuff for charities, kids, and Cuba. He is absolutely no frat boy juicehead - he's very smart. He put together his first cycle at age 20, with powders and all. I believe he was/is any other kid our age checking out these boards.

(That's my plug, because most people don't want to give 'that asshole' Canseco a dime.)

I'm definitely watching OTL tonight.

Growing up in Maryland, we loved Raffy - now he'll most certainly be banned from the Hall of Fame. He does a lot in the community and is a nice guy. I hope our fans get behind him 100% like the Giants' faithful did for Barry.

Today, a good man and legacy will be destroyed.

now Palmeiro is suspended for 10 days, loses over 100,000$ - but wouldn't I goto jail if this happened...?

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
We'll have to see how this pans out. It, being 'the steroid generation" of baseball, could mean that the HOF could still be in his future. His numbers are definatley there.

Nothing wrong with optimism, is there?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
all my friends from Washington DC guarantee no hall of fame, I am trying to be optimistic. Baseball will likely stick it to Palmeiro to make a statement. He is not a 'popular' player. Never an all-star starter (voted for by the fans) - I believe the fans (outside of baltimore and texas) and the media will throw Palmeiro to the dogs while Biden and McCain toast.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Canseco's message isn't who did this, who did that (although that sold a lot of books). His message is HGH and AAS are the future. And the future is now, it doesn't matter what the government does. His career is simply the proof of it. He talks about turning 40 feeling like he's 20.

a quote from the book goes something like this: "we have choices in life, I have the choice to not look or feel like i'm headed to a nursing home at age 40."

maybe I'm just buying the propaganda (or maybe I'm being paid to help him sell books) but I beleive almost every word he says, minus how fast he said he was after 2 back surgeries.

size

Awards
  • Established
I find it hard to believe that he would have knowingly and willing used any banned substance due to the current situation in mlb. If he knowingly did, then he is a moron.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I found this comical.
calls himself 'the Godfather' of steroids. and the "chemist". To his degree of knowledge i'm not entirely sure - but he definitely chemically made his career hitting homeruns and stealing bases. What was he doing that the guys (all-power, no speed) today aren't doing?

the media fabricated image of Canseco was/is wrong.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
gotta read the book size ;)
might change your mind

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yes and yes (with help from editors)

I ask you the same question - have you read it?

i dont think either of us are going to change our mind here. i think we'll have to agree to disagree

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm on Canseco's side. What he did was dirty, but I don't think he was lying one bit. I pretty much belive what he says about players, drugs, etc. Look at the list of players he has named and their track record...

Giambi..admitted to it
Bonds... :rolleyes:
McGwire...choked up like a bitch in front of Congress (GUILTY)
Palmeiro..busted
Pudge Rodriguez...surprisingly comes to camp 20 lbs lighter than ever before by 'cleaning up his diet'
Bret Boone and Sammy Sosa....looking and playing amazingly different this year for some reason :blink:

size

Awards
  • Established
I ask you the same question - have you read it?
i we'll have to agree to disagree
No. I have never read it(I read nerd books) but I imagine like many, he orally recounted stories while others compiled them. I have heard him speak and I did not hear anything that would lead me to conclude that he is "very smart". However, it really is not important to the issue, I just thought it was funny.

We can disagree, I promise I will not be sad. :cheers:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
JC doesn't speak very well at all....LOL.

He may be smart, who knows??? But, I believe at least most of what he says.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm on Canseco's side. What he did was dirty, but I don't think he was lying one bit. I pretty much belive what he says about players, drugs, etc. Look at the list of players he has named and their track record...

Giambi..admitted to it
Bonds... :rolleyes:
McGwire...choked up like a bitch in front of Congress (GUILTY)
Palmeiro..busted
Pudge Rodriguez...surprisingly comes to camp 20 lbs lighter than ever before by 'cleaning up his diet'
Bret Boone and Sammy Sosa....looking and playing amazingly different this year for some reason :blink:
I agree with all of this, except when it comes to Bonds. He doesn't juice, he thought it was flax seed oil he was taking. Hey, did you hear, he's sitting out the rest of the year.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ahh, see - I don't believe he's a good speaker. But he's telling us what he's really thinking (George Bush syndrome?). English is his second language (not an excuse, but I don't think he's much better en espanol).

he came to a college campus and spoke better than he did on television. Probably bceause he wasn't answering questions most of the time.

A couple of things he either lying or exaggerating about in the book (running a sub 4.2 40yard dash).

and Also, I have to find the page, but he mentions that you don't have to cycle off deca and 2 other steroids. Now that surprised me coming from the "Godfather of Steroids"

he likely runs HGH at a low dose year round, so maybe he knows something we don't know. Other than that, he seems to know anabolics very very well - certainly better than a young punk like myself :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL...yeah, and he was taking a "topical joint cream" too, right? :rolleyes:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
^^^^
haha nah that was Sheffield. Whole different compound that PA made for him ;)

Tad50

Awards
I've read canseco's book....it's good. He doesn't just talk about who did this and that. He talks about how life was in the majors, his personal stories, etc. I knew Palmero was using all along, not b/c of canseco, but b/c I know how prevalent AAS is in pro sports, even the Olympics for crying out loud. That's not to say I think badly of Palmeiro. I respect him very much and think he's a great player/person. It's juat a shame that he's pulling the old "I did not KNOWINGLY take any steroids" bit.....I mean....that's just ridiculous. Him and Bonds. At least Giambi had the balls to come out and admit that he took steroids.....instead of this **** that Bonds and Palmeiro are doing.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
What irks me about this whole situation is how these guys, after testing positive, try to blame it on legal supplements they were taking that "must have had steroids in them"

Thats the kind of BS Garbage thats going to have Congress poking their big fat behinds into protein powders, vitamins, Amino Acids, and Creatine.

These guys need to either admit they are using, or come up with a better excuse for testing positive.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Instead of excuses, how about being a man and actually owning up to what you have done, especially if you get caught. Interesting fact I heard this morning, 89 major and minor league players have tested positive under the new policy and not one of them admitted to actually using steroids. They all have chalked it up to ignorance. Bull fucking ****.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The only person who ever truely truely admitted to using steroids was Jose - and no team will even offer him a contract. That's one thing he is bitter about.

As for the double standard, I wonder how the "hey, what happen? i didn't know what I was doing" would hold up in the court of law.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Giambi is another. BTW, the test was takin' after the hearings so apparently Palmeiro is safe from purgery.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
He did say 'truely' (sic) admitted...

I like Giambi, and am glad he is doing well now, but he never actually admitted to steroid use. He said, "I'm sorry" and when asked if it was that he was sorry for using steroids he said, "On the advice of my attorney I... blah blah..."

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
He did say 'truely' (sic) admitted...

I like Giambi, and am glad he is doing well now, but he never actually admitted to steroid use. He said, "I'm sorry" and when asked if it was that he was sorry for using steroids he said, "On the advice of my attorney I... blah blah..."
Yeah, you're right, but we all knew what he was saying.

Edit: Found this on cnnsi.com

"Earlier Thursday, the newspaper reported New York Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi also testified he injected himself with a human growth hormone."

He did admit to a grand jury what he had used.

Bonds on the other hand said "he received and used clear and cream substances from his personal trainer, Greg Anderson, during the 2003 baseball season but was told they were nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a rubbing balm for arthritis."

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Just saw on ESPN that it took Raphy 8 seasons to post a 30 HR season, the most by any "slugger". This 8th season just happened to be his first full season as a teammate with Jose Canseco. Things that make you go hmmmm.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Just saw on ESPN that it took Raphy 8 seasons to post a 30 HR season, the most by any "slugger". This 8th season just happened to be his first full season as a teammate with Jose Canseco. Things that make you go hmmmm.
The year before he played with Canseco, 22 homeruns. The season he came to the team, 37 homeruns. Since he has averaged 41 homeruns every season.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Canseco is not a genius but he definitely has a lot of knowledge and I don't think he's the barbarian the media made him out to be. I don't like the fact that he basically ratted his ex-teammates out, especially McGwire, they were the bash brothers.

I can't believe how every player who tests positive does so because he took some supplement that contained roids. Every time someone gets busted and his name makes headlines he will blame a supplement. I don't think Raffy used roids this year but IMO he was stupid enough to take Deca and it stayed in his body for a while. My main concern out of this whole clusterfuck is that there will be more restrictions on supplements because these guys are testing positive due to impure supps :rolleyes:

On a side not, why does the MLB not seem so concerned about players using amphetamines, chewing tobacco, or alcohol. I mean, it's not like chewing tobacco isn't habit forming or dangerous when abused :rolleyes: