will the dolphins have the best running game in the nfl?

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
now that we have rickey williams back and now ronnie brown in the mix do you guys think the dolphins runnning game will be unmatched? or do you think rickey is done for and RB is overrated? i personally feel ronnie is a far better running back thatn anyone out of the draft even cedric benson, and im sure rickey wont dissapoint, the guy had pontential to be one of the greatest rb in the nfl.

B

Brock Landers

Awards
I wish this was so....... :sad:

The Fish will be back one day

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
the only problem i could see is the olb position.... hope that gets fixed....otherwise as usual defense is solid. well get our reign back someday....

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
GO FINS!

As big as a fan as I am, I must say that the Dolphins won't have the best running game in their own division, yet alone the league. As hopeful as I am that things work out, here are 3 things to consider:

1) Young, inexperienced O-line. It doesn't matter who has the ball, if there isn't any blocking up front, you aren't going anywhere.

2) No QB. With all eyes on Ricky and Ronnie, teams will challenge AJ Feely or Gus Ferrote to beat them in the air. I don't think either will be able to do so (although Chris Chambers is sick).

3)We really have no idea what we're getting with either RB. Who knows what kind of season this 213 lb Ricky Williams will have? When he was at his best he was in the 230s and he was successful b/c he ran people over. I think a lot of people don't realize that Ricky can't play till week 5 in Tampa.

GO FINS!

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Ricky lost about 20 to 25 lb and is suspended for the first 4 games. I doubt he is going the starter. It is always difficult to tell how rookies will perform. Some are great in college but need time to improve once they hit the NFL. Others are great in college but never reach that level in the NFL. The same thing goes for coaches. Pete Carroll is one of the best college coaches but sucked as an NFL coach. There are too many variables to tell how the dolphins will be this season. On top of all that most of the teams in our division are pretty good. I must say as a patriots fan I hope the dolphins are equally as bad if not worse as they were last year.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Unproven. My best running combo backs probably in atlanta, with dunn and duckett or pittsburg, with bettis/staley. Brown will be a monster and Ricky, if given carries will pile up good numbers but I dont think they have a leg up on the two other mentioned combos.
Sage

D

davisville64

Awards
Ricky only weighs 185 according to some reports, and he's never been THAT fast to make it at that low of a weight. He's done. Forget it. Ronnie Brown will be the running back at Miami for the entire season.

E

ELTORONEGRO

Awards
what about the titans

Ricky only weighs 185 according to some reports, and he's never been THAT fast to make it at that low of a weight. He's done. Forget it. Ronnie Brown will be the running back at Miami for the entire season.
with Travis Henry and Chris Brown should be awesome

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how quick you guys forget....huh......The Best Running Back in the League is Priest Holmes.....and he's got the Best O-Line blocking for him....If Priest doesnt get injured....good lord, mother of god,,good and evil,,,can someone say 28-30 td's.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
oswizzle, but we're talking about RB tantems. Priest is a STUD no doubt. I'll put him slightly in front of Tomlinson as the best overall back.
Sage

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson combo is sick,,,,,you can put a Nun behind that O-Line and watch her tear it up

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hey yall,

Willis McGahee will be the best RB in the NFL by next season. Bet on it.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
185 sounds ridiculously low. From what I have seen of him on tv, he is definitely smaller but IMO is definitely above 200.

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I heard them say on the Radio Ricky was like 215 lbs

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
They said on ESPN today that he was 210.

I doubt he weights 5 lbs less than I.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I seriously doubt he's 185, the Dolphins would be too stupid to bring him back and pay him millions at that weight with a one year lay off.

BTW, another good RB to keep your eyes on is Steven Jackson, this dude is sick, and he has a passing game that will keep safeties away from the line of scrimmage.

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Steven Jackson is gonna go off.....The Rams passing Game is sick...with Big Game Torry Holt just eating up secondaries Jackson is gonna have mad lanes to run through.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
how quick you guys forget....huh......The Best Running Back in the League is Priest Holmes.....and he's got the Best O-Line blocking for him....If Priest doesnt get injured....good lord, mother of god,,good and evil,,,can someone say 28-30 td's.
correct.
whoever runs in Vermeil's scheme is the best in terms of production. Denver may be second.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Ricky wasn't even good at a lean weight. He was his best at 245. He dropped to 225 and was average at best. The dolphins basically have 2 unproven running backs again. Jay Fiedler has been their most consistant rusher, that's a stretch - but I don't see how the dolphins just got much better.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Portis will outrush both Williams and Brown combined this season. I was a semi-Dolphins fan long ago - the front office doesn't seem to really care about the team though.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why they didn't pick up a QB. I think I would also given the defensive coordinator a chance as head coach after they beat the patriots last season.

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why they didn't pick up a QB. I think I would also given the defensive coordinator a chance as head coach after they beat the patriots last season.
yeah that defensive co was bad ass he was the one winning all the games. wannstedt didnt do ****.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Hey yall,

Willis McGahee will be the best RB in the NFL by next season. Bet on it.
Tru. I feel you man. He's gonna get his carries, with a weak and unproven QB/passing game. Defenses will probably stack up to the line of scrimmage but McGahee will get his 1400.
Sage

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's what I was wondering myself. Jeff Garcia, Drew Bledsoe, & Kurt Warner were available. They're all better than Fiedler and Feely

S

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I believe Ronnie Brown will eventually be a premiere back... but with the mess that is the Miami Dolphins right now, who knows when that will be. The previous comment was right, if you've got no O-line, you've got no running game.

I can see how you'd rank the RB combo in ATL so highly, no argument there... especially when you throw in the fact that the fastest guy in the backfield is the QB.

Another combo I think bears a mention is just up the road in Charlotte... Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster... both back after an injury plagued last season. Two years ago this was a nice one-two punch, and now the O-line is dramatically improved.

I can't wait til football starts!!! :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Oline they need. And they need a QB so whoever the Running Back is doesn't see 8 in the box every play.
Man were they ever wrong on AJ Feeley. He throws the balls and it wobbles :( what a mistake
There are talented recievers on this team, no doubt, but they can't catch balls from a high school QB.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sage - I agree but I think Lohsman will get better. It'll take time, he's young. They've got some guys that can catch the ball.

But, it's all on J.P. to get the passing going to keep the D honest.

Willis is going to blow the **** up - whether on the Bills or another team.

I would have said the same for this backfield mate at The U - Frank Gore. But the 2 knee injuries will turn him into a power-type runner for the rest of his career. I think he'll be a 1k yard back at S.F. once they get rid of Kevan Barlow.

But, Gore was THE best RB I've ever seen at Miami, and alot of other people around the program seemed to agree. His agility and cut back ability was fucking crazy. Too bad the knees will turn him into a straight ahead runner, most likely. Great kid though.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
The best running game in the NFL is in Denver. Has been for years.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Oline they need. And they need a QB so whoever the Running Back is doesn't see 8 in the box every play.
Man were they ever wrong on AJ Feeley. He throws the balls and it wobbles what a mistake
There are talented recievers on this team, no doubt, but they can't catch balls from a high school QB.
Feely looked horrible and the fact the interim head coach beat the pats with such a crap team says allot to me. As you said why they ignored the QB position and went with an unproven head coach is beyond me. Hell they would be better off brining back Marino for god's sake.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thread jack - what was the story on the guy that left 'Phins practice crying? I just heard "supplemental draft" and saw Saban saying somthing. Didn't hear anything else...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think Saban called him out because he was being lazy. The guy yelled some crap back at Saban, and Saban let him have it. That's what a friend told me.
Man, that guy didn't even look like a football player. Lanky, unathletic and fat. And ****, THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!

edit: the chick in your avatar is growing on me... at first I didn't think much, but i like her now :type:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. I like her too. I think I'll keep her around.

I found the story - Manuel Wright from USC. At one time, they thought he was gonna be the best DT in college football. I guess he's still got a chance, but didn't do **** at SC.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The best running game in the NFL is in Denver. Has been for years.
This I agree with because they've had a dominant running game since 1996, not every team can say that. They've also done it with anyone they plugged at RB.

Damm I can't wait for football season even though my team sucks !

jmh I can't wait to see Gore play either. I think they'll give Barlow enough rope to hang himself but Barlow definitely has the ability to do some good things, I'm not completely down on him yet but I think he played like a major puss when he knew things weren't going to get good. They signed Jonas Jennings, moved Kwame Harris to RT plus Newberry & Beasley will be coming back so things are not going to be as bad as last year. Drafting Baas should also help the RB's get some holes.

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Kevin Barlow is a scrub.........he had a productive season when T.O was stretching the defenders giving him some running room. I was down with Barlow until he gave up like a str8 pussy last season.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Kevin Barlow is a scrub.........he had a productive season when T.O was stretching the defenders giving him some running room. I was down with Barlow until he gave up like a str8 pussy last season.
His pussiness is what concerned me, he showed no heart when he got punked for carries and was still running out of bounds when first downs were within reach.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
IW - just another year of Barlow. Then Gore should be ready.

We'll be back man. We'll be back.

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure he could have played better if healthy, but Gore never really impressed me. I honestly think out of all the recent UM RBs, the one there now, Tyrone Moss, is the best. I got a chance to watch him break ever Florida high school record down here in South Florida. Amazing talent, built like a house. There have been some questions about his discipline and his weight, but I think hes the best I've seen at UM in recent history.

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thread jack - what was the story on the guy that left 'Phins practice crying? I just heard "supplemental draft" and saw Saban saying somthing. Didn't hear anything else...
Heres the story from my local paper.
Dolphin cries

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow DT, that's the first I've heard of a playing crying because he was yelled at. I feel bad for the guy but he should never cry in front of him teammates for being yelled at, it happens to all players. This would be a great chance for Ricky Williams to show he can be a team leader by helping the rookie out.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IW - just another year of Barlow. Then Gore should be ready.

We'll be back man. We'll be back.
I'll drink to that. I can't wait man. This year will be the year they see who is worth keeping and who they have to part ways with before the return of the 49ers begins

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
you guys have a good reciever in Johnnie Morton. He is/was highly underrated. He surprisingly never got the hang of Vermeil's offense. I believe he can be an excellent #2 option.

edit: don't quote me on that ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
you guys have a good reciever in Johnnie Morton. He is/was highly underrated. He surprisingly never got the hang of Vermeil's offense. I believe he can be an excellent #2 option.

edit: don't quote me on that ;)
He's probably their #1 option at this point. Brandon Lloyd makes some of the most acrobatic catches but he still can't produce like a #1. There's this second year guy on the team named Derrick Hamilton who I am hopeful will do some damage, he's got great speed, he's 6-4 205. I say what the ****, let's see what he can do ?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Cedric Wilson went to the Steelers right?

you don't have a lot of faith in that Rashaun Woods guy im guessing...

maurice hicks looked good at the end of last season, too small though? (5-11, 200lbs). Barlow runs like he's 180lbs.

O

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
49ers are gonna have a legit shot at Matt Linear in the 06' draft...there gonna be like
3-13

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ricky is looking good!!

Went to Fins camp yesterday. Ricky looks solid as a rock.